Professional House Doctors Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since October 2008

7110 Oliver Smith Drive

Des Moines, IA 50322

Iowa's Radon Experts. Professional House Doctors, Inc is the oldest and most experienced radon company in Iowa. (And in the United States!) We provide the longest warranty, the best guarantee and the best price in the industry. Thanks to all our clients for making us number 1 in the State and allowing us to earn a living doing what we love. "Saving Lives One House At A Time." Services provided include: Radon mitigation and design 100% success rate with 100% customer satisfaction - Guaranteed! Testing available for radon in air, water, soil and building materials Professional House Doctors, Inc. provides the longest warranty and the best guarantee in the radon industry. Certified radon trainers and consultants to the USEPA. We design and install the most effective and attractive radon removal systems in the United States. No one knows radon better than Professional House Doctors, Inc. Call Professional House Doctors, Inc. today for free information and free estimates. Also available - $10 Test Kits and unlike the ones available at stores, ours include all lab fees, postage, and personal report. No Hidden fees or additional charges! "Saving Lives...One House At A Time."...

05/11/2017

David S.

Everything went well. They showed up on time, were very professional and completed the job that day. The radon test after installation got my air quality down significantly (same as the outside air).

Description of Work
Installed a radon mitigation system.

03/09/2017

Joshua B.

As you will see, JB knows radon and its history very very well! Absolute professional, who was great to work with; he allowed to me to come see a system at his parent's house, in order to "hear" what the air going through the system sounded like - so I had an idea what it would sound like in our basement spare bedroom. I don't often have good luck with contractors - you will enjoy this painless process with JB the radon guy!

Description of Work
Radon tested at 5-7, above the recommended 4 level for mitigation, so I called JB. He was one of 3 contractors I considered. So, we decided to mitigate.

08/06/2016

Tauri P.

That came back high on radon. I went in and did a bunch of work. We tested fine after that. The best part is I never had to physically meet them. There was no worst part. They did what they said they would do. They got me the information that I needed.

Description of Work
I had them do a follow-up test on a rental property that we have.

07/10/2016

arLene S.

The service team was very professional, and provided explanations for everything that they did. They were quick, and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

05/28/2015

Kathleen H.

Called PHD for an estimate on a Wednesday, and after answering a few questions about my house, was given an estimate and, because PHD had a cancellation in their schedule, JB and an employee were at the house, on time, on Friday. After conducting tests and surveying the layout, JB gave me options. Luckily, they could install the system along interior basement and garage walls in out-of-the-way areas. After finishing their work, JB gave me a tour of the system and explained how everything works and advised me of safety precautions which should be taken whenever anyone is making repairs near the exhaust on the roof. He left a simple radon test kit for me to use after 4-7 days had elapsed. I waited a week before testing. The results show current levels at 0.3 pCi/L, which according to the testing company, Air-Chek, Inc., is equivalent to the radon levels found in fresh air. JB said not to worry about paying the bill until I had this result, so I?m putting the check in the mail today. PHD did a great job and I appreciated their professionalism, attitude, and consideration!

Description of Work
Radon Mitigation - “Soil Gas Depressurization” System

12/28/2014

Erik T.

This was my second excellent experience with J.D. Shearer for radon mitigation services. One year prior, I initially engaged his firm for pre-sale radon system installation for our previous home ($1,375 as a bit more complicated installation). J.D. provided in both cases, full explanation of his installation services, how the installation would be done; offered alternatives to how necessary vent pipes could be routed and made the installation in less than 1/2 day start to finish. Post install tests were well below acceptable radon limits. He and his assistant respected our property in both cases; laying down carpet runners inside my house; removing shoes; fully cleaning up after themselves and completed each job with a thorough post completion review of all work done and how we should monitor the system and what the final testing procedures would entail. Payment was not requested until final acceptable post installation results had been provided to me. I would not hesitate (and did not!) to use/recommend J.D. and his firm. 10 *s.

Description of Work
Install radon mitigation system in new residence.

10/21/2014

Christie S.

I called PHD to schedule an estimate. He asked me several questions over the phone and told me what the max price would be. We scheduled a date for installation. On the installation date, they arrived, did some testing and recommended a location for the system. I wasn't sure about putting it on the side of the house so we discussed other options and were able to come up with a solution to have it come out the back of the house. They were very friendly and finished the job in one day. I didn't have to pay them that day. They left me with a test kit and instructions. Once I retested the basement and found the radon levels to be good (same as outside air), I sent them a check. Super easy and works great.

Description of Work
Installed a radon mitigation system.

07/15/2014

Sonja W.

Did the job efficiently. Explained everything I needed to know and radon test showed house to be in safe zone.

Description of Work
Put in radon mitigation device.

06/05/2014

Karen L.

They quoted us a price to install the system and that was exactly what it cost. It has reduced radon levels in the basement to background levels. We had a system put in by Dan Shearer almost 15 years ago at another location and it too was exactly as promised and still working today as promised. They were great to work with.

Description of Work
radon mitigation system

05/20/2014

Thomas Z.

They arrived on time, ready to work. There was no hesitation, they knew exactly what they wanted to do. During the course of the day they completed the project, cleaning up after themselves before they left. They left us with a radon test kit to be sure that levels had dropped below threshold levels. If they had not, thou they did for us, they would return and re-evaluate and rework until the numbers were where they belonged. There was no additional fee for any extra service needed.

Description of Work
Provider drilled a few hidden test holes in the basement in unseen areas. He then evaluated the Radon at each hole and decided on the most effective location for the eradication unit.

AmeriServ Radon Mitigation of Iowa

AmeriServ Radon Mitigation of Iowa is an expert in radon detection, testing, and mitigation for your Iowa home, business, or school. AmeriServ Radon Mitigation service includes a 200% guarantee on all work performed and a 10-year warranty on radon mitigation systems. Combining over 75 years of construction experience, our fully insured and background checked specialists are committed to making sure each system is designed to fit your needs.. We are your leading radon testing and radon mitigation service provider.

Radon Mitigation, Radon Testing and Environmental Consulting. We specialize in radon mitigation for residential, commercial, industrial and multi-family dwellings with an emphasis on diagnostics, design and expert installation with a lifetime guarantee.