Lil' Brother Construction

Founded 2008 • With Angi since March 2013

2025 E Grand Ave

Des Moines, IA 50317

We want to be your go to company when you have any little project in your home. We are fully licensed and insured and want you to be 100% satisfied; we provide only our best quality of workmanship and 100% money back guarantee...

handyman (28)deck cleaning (18)door installation (9)plumbers (7)decks & porches (6)woodworking (4)drywall (3)interior painting (1)pressure washing (1)window replacement (1)siding companies (1)

10/09/2019

Lil Brother helped me get my house ready to go on the market. Their work was exceptional. They were timely, polite, kept me updated when there were adjustments to be made including catching a small roof leak I had missed. They are always my first choice when I need repairs around the house. In addition to their high quality of work they are also dedicated to service in our community. Jean and Stev...

Description of Work
Replaced deck boards, repair drywall in ceiling, misc small repairs

Category decks,drywall,handyman service,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

08/28/2018

Needed to replace/repair some rotted cedar siding on two-story house. Received prompt response to request for estimate. Not the lowest bid, but other Angie's List reviews regarding professionalism and customer service were persuasive. And I was not disappointed! Crew was always on time and always took care to communicate plans and progress. Quality of work was excellent -- the company prides itsel...

Description of Work
Siding repair

Category handyman service,siding

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

07/27/2018

it was done well. The handyman was competent and did a good job.

Description of Work
smoke alarms installed, caulking and painting in bathroom, installed towel bars etc. in bathroom. repaired closet door.

Work Completed On 07/27/2018

10/05/2017

It went well, in and out in less than an hour and did a great job

Description of Work
Fixed siding on my house

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your comment. We look forward to working with you in the future. Don't forget our referral program. Each person that you refer to Lil Brother Construction and they use our services we will send you a $50 gift card towards your next project. Thank you, again. Jean M Jones President

06/28/2017

They did a great job and came in a bit under their estimate. Everyone I've had contact with at Lil' Brother has been friendly, knowledgeable & helpful. We will definitely be using them again!

Description of Work
They replaced a bathroom pipe that was leaking, and repaired the ceiling below where there was water damage.

Category drywall,handyman service,plumbing

Work Completed On 06/08/2017

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your review. We look forward to working with you in the future. Sincerely, Jean M [Member Name Removed] President

04/12/2017

I had some loose steps in a section of my stairs and a broken handrail. I contacted Lil Brother, because they had good ratings and accept credit cards. For the estimate, they showed up on-time, thoroughly explained what needed done, and got back with a detailed estimate within a few days. Due to rain delays with another one of their projects, they were able to get the work done a couple of weeks b...

Description of Work
Replace a section of stairs and broken handrail.

Category handyman service,woodworking

Work Completed On 04/07/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We look forward to working with you in the future. Sincerely, Jean M Jones President

03/23/2017

They did what they needed to work with. When they came to do it originally, It was raining, so they weren't able to do the install. They took the door with him, and came back when I wasn't here actually to install it.

Description of Work
Storm door installation of my house.

Category doors

Work Completed On 01/15/2017

[Member Name Removed] Thank you for your review. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Sincerely Jean M Jones President

02/07/2017

They were available to come in a faster time frame than the other places. I was satisfied with the cleanup.

Description of Work
They did some work at the house for me. It was plumbing. It was replacing toilets and putting in some new fixtures.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 02/15/2016

Thank you for your review. Sincerely, Jean M Jones President

12/10/2016

Someone came out to survey the work to be done and took the information saying that they would be in contact with me about the estimate. I waited at least 3 to 4 weeks with no call or contact from the company. Then I sent an email trying to find out the status. Didn't hear anything. Finally I contacted another company that gave me an estimate quickly and an install date within a weeks time. I ther...

Description of Work
I needed a storm door installed. I already had purchased a storm door to be installed.

Category handyman service,doors

Work Completed On 12/10/2016

[Member Name Removed], we are sorry for this experience. We had one of our staff admitted in the hospital in ICS and he has not returned to work even as of today and it set us back on get out our estimates. This is not normal for our company. If you would like to give our company another try I will make sure you get an additional $50 off your labor cost. Again we apologize for your bad experience....

11/22/2016

The team arrived promptly, worked most of the day and completed all 13 items on my list. They were professional, cordial, helpful and completed all work exactly as I requested. They encountered a few challenges hanging curtains in an unusual space and it barely slowed them down. I would hire this company again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Numerous handyman services in new residence: hanging curtains, installing shelves, assembling furniture.

Work Completed On 10/28/2016

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your response we look forward to working with you in the future/ Jean M Jones President

Anything from changing a light bulb to building a deck or remodeling your basement or bath. Just ask and I will tell you if we can do it or not.

Carpet (installation) Roofing Concrete Landscaping