Iowa Home Restoration & Repair, LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2011

4.4

Welcome to Iowa Home Restoration and Repair, LLC! *Now after working 4 years in Home Inspections with another company I am now adding this service to my business. I have inspected over 1500 homes in that time. With over 10 years of experience; We will offer; Owner supervision on all work, step by step systems of reporting to ensure you are happy with the work from start to finish, very competitive pricing, and experience in working with insurance companies. When you are investing in your home, your complete satisfaction is our number one goal. We specialize in foundation repair, waterproofing, mold remediation, mold inspections, and water damage. With mold, it represents a potentially significant health hazard for building occupants and a substantial liability for property owners. We offer professional mold remediation following all EPA and OSHA guidelines as well as industry certification protocols. We do an in-depth cleaning and disinfection of the affected areas, proper disposal of contaminated materials. Waterproofing: In my past I have built insulated concrete foundations and understand how water should be managed under the floor of a basement. I have taken that knowledge and applied it to existing basements. If you are going to the trouble of removing a basement floor the only real fix is to install a tiling system that is placed along side of the footing and not on top. Once water reaches the top of the footing you are just inches away of the water getting to the finished floor surface. With my past experiences I have added Home Inspections to my services. Even though this is a new service I offer, I have over 2800 inspections completed here in the Central Iowa area. I work with another inspector that has years of experience and as a team we identify more items as well as items for maintenance. We are able to complete most inspections in an hour to an hour and a half. Inspect reports are emailed to you on the next morning. Experience includes: Water Damage Restoration, Applied Structural Drying, Journeyman Textile Cleaner, Odor Control, Journeyman Fire and Smoke Restore. Certified Mold Remediation Contractor....

Professional Contracting Iowa

Anything concrete Concrete driveways Patios Steps Colored decorative concrete New construction basements , garages. Additional phone number - (515) 986 - 0879

KMS Construction

Is there a remodeling project that you've always wanted to do in your home, but haven't found the right construction company? Look no further than KMS Construction in Des Moines, IA for professional construction services. From deck installations to full kitchen remodels, no job is too small for our team of experts.

Ideas into Wood

We do rough framing of houses, garages, and sheds. We also do siding installation, deck building, trim carpentry cabinet installation and custom built in cabinets and bookcases. We also build fire place mantles. I have been in the skilled trades for 15 years and love to build things with my hands.

05/07/2018

Thomas C.

Gene listened to what I needed to have done, and rather than take my money and attempt to do it himself, he referred me to someone else who would be better suited for the job. Couldn't ask for a more professional response.

Description of Work
I was looking into having a floor lowered a foot or two in order to turn the otherwise dead space above into a usable room.

Category remodeling,foundation repair,basement remodeling

07/01/2017

Marlene V.

Gene was responsive and professional. I really appreciated that he clearly explained what he observed and offered suggestions that I might do to correct some things. I asked him if he could also recommend the things that need immediate attention and the things that could wait. His estimate included exactly what I asked for. My situation changed, and I'm unable to pursue a plan at this time. I am definitely interested is working with him in the future.

Description of Work
I've had mildew issues and was concerned that there might be possible mold and/or water problems.

Category basement waterproofing,mold removal

09/09/2016

Ahmed I.

The contractor didn't spend enough time looking at everything

Description of Work
For a Comprehensive Mold and Moisture Inspection

08/30/2016

Renee W.

It turned out that the mold was not active and he gave simple solutions for preventing return of the mold and there was no charge for checking.

Description of Work
Check mold issues

04/07/2016

Karen & Larry B.

It was okay. I didn't know exactly what it was going to involve and after we kind of questioned and it ended up that my husband had to call somebody else. Somebody had to do the inspection and then they said all they would do was recommend a lab and so the lab turned out to be him and we paid $130. So it was kind of shaky to me and in essence the same guy that came out to say we needed a lab turned out to be the one who did the lab. They said that we had mold in the basement but we had to have somebody take it down to see how bad the mold is and we've had too much going and we haven't really done anything about that yet. They responded real quick.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for Iowa Home Restoration & Repair, LLC for $39 for a Comprehensive Mold and Moisture Inspection.

11/24/2015

LeAnn B.

After going through our home he said he didn't see anything that would be a sign of either mold or mildew. He made comments on what we were doing right to prevent it such as boxes and other items in basement up off the floor on pallets, and the way we have our basement ventilated. I asked about other testing and he said they do provide it at extra cost, but did not see any reason for doing and further testing. I really appreciated this as especially since I was asking about it...he could have very easily said "sure" and sold us a few hundred dollars of testing we did not need and that would really give us no further information. I am very pleased with Gene and feel like he is a VERY honest businessman.

Description of Work
He went through entire house looking for any signs of mold and/or mildew.

08/26/2015

Terry A.

I had been having issues with my battery powered Basement Watchdog backup sump pump continually beeping and bought the $49 on Angie's list. They came out looked it over and called the manufacturer who said the charger was bad and it would be under $50 for a new one.

Description of Work
Checked backup sump pump

Category wells,mold removal

07/30/2015

Julie J.

I sent a msg to him. He called me back within half hour. I explained my situation. I wasn't ready for his work yet. But he gave me some phone numbers and that really helped.

Description of Work
Returned my call and gave advice.

04/26/2015

Margie S.

I sent Gene a question via Angieslist Saturday afternoon and within 2 minutes he replied and said he'd call me. I was leaving in about an hour for an appointment so he offered to come over right away instead of scheduling for another day. He reviewed the issue and said it wasn't mold but got a moisture detector from his truck to double check (it was dry). I really appreciated how responsive he was and the peace of mind he gave me that it wasn't mold. If I run into issues down the road, I will give him a call!

Description of Work
Gave me an opinion and ran a quick test for moisture.

02/09/2015

john J.

Work was done on time. The enclosure could have been done better. One side was not completely fitted like it was before being taken down. You can hardly tell and it's in the closet, so I don't mind so much. If it was somewhere more noticeable, than I would have been most unhappy.

Description of Work
Patched a ceiling piece in a closet and refit the casing enclosing the pipes.

Category drywall

Foundation Repair, Basement Waterproofing, Mold Inspections, Home Inspections, Mold Remediation, Water Damage Cleanup, Dehumidification System, Sump Pumps.

Check, MasterCard, Visa