BRAD VAN WEELDEN CO

Founded 1996 • With Angi since December 2008

767 NE BROADWAY AVE

Des Moines, IA 50313

General Contractor. James Hardie Preferred Remodeler.

04/05/2016

julia M.

Wonderful. I cannot thank Brad Van Weelden Company for being so reliable on several projects. Clean up is always good, crews are hardworking and thorough

Description of Work
I have used Brad Van Weelden Company, and they are one of the only contractors that I would ever recommend to a friend! They have done roofing, siding repair, painting, and gutters for me. They do beautiful and impressive work, and are one of the few contractors that will answer the phone and be responsive. A+

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding, house painters

11/24/2015

Jeanie J.

Matt is very knowledgeable and worked closely with us to plan and estimate our new deck. Deck crew was very professional and friendly. The work was scheduled, progressed and completed within a reasonable timeframe. Overall, an enjoyable experience working with their team. Very pleased with the construction quality and workmanship of our new deck.

Description of Work
Replaced the original 1978 deck on our house. The crew demo'd and hauled away old deck and replaced it with a new, reconfigured composite deck including new footings, extended stairs, additional entry and metal railing. Also replaced gutter to relocate downspout due to deck reconfiguration.

Category gutter repair, siding

02/25/2015

Cherie M.

Description of Work
Resided my home in Hardiplank siding. They did an excellent job, came when they said they would, and responded to concerns promptly and courteously. We would definitely use them again.

01/21/2015

Robert M.

Description of Work
replace siding and gutters

09/09/2014

julia R.

I can't say enough great things about Brad VanWeelden Company! They are the only contractor I look forward to working with in the future

Description of Work
Brad VanWeelden Company is the only company I would contact to work on my roofing and siding. Their work is exceptional, the crews are hard-working, Brad, Matt and Steve are honest and helpful in assessing issues and resolutions and they are easy to communitcate with, not to mention they install quality products

Category roofing, siding

06/18/2014

jennifer L.

Description of Work
Trimmed bushes and cleaned up some leaves

05/01/2014

david F.

They were basically a sub contractor for the siding company I used. The siding company over saw what they were doing. Their stuff was pretty cut and dry and they did fine. There were no difficulties with what they did. They did the job correctly to begin with but they didn't run into the difficulties that the siding people had. They just took out the old gutters and put in new ones. They were fine.

Description of Work
I used Brad Van Weelden Co for gutter replacement and painting.

Category gutter repair, house painters

01/27/2014

Twylla K.

They showed up on time, worked hard and long hours. They cleaned up everything and I'm really pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

01/20/2014

Robert M.

Project was finished on time, as agreed. We had previously used Van Weelden for siding, and this project was also completed with excellent service and delivery.

Description of Work
replaced deck

01/07/2014

Barbara S.

Brad lined up a crew that had experience with very old houses and provided attention to detail. When a couple of little things were not completed as we wanted, he sent someone over to make it right. Very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Removed very old siding, replaced rotten boards, insulated, and installed new siding and trim

05/30/2013

paul C.

I stopped in and spoke to his secretary twice. She told me he would stop out and give me an estimate but no one ever showed up.

Description of Work
I was wanting an estimate for siding.

Category siding

We want our customers to be happy with the quality work we do and we strive to keep pricing in the customer’s budget and within the customer’s timeline. Unfortunately, when reviewing this project that [member name removed] requested an estimate for, we found that the project was not a good fit for our company. [member name removed] could not provide any contact information for us to reach him (no phone or email), and we did not have a chance to find him at his property 30 miles away.

02/11/2013

EDWARD K.

From start to finish Brad and his crew were very good to work with. Excellent quality of work and materials. Good attention to detail. On time and on budget.

Description of Work
Highly Recommended

08/23/2012

Tom C.

Very courteous during the estimate and initial meetings, the roofing results were exactly as expected. The quality of materials used was better than many of the other bids. The roofers did take longer to finish the job than was initially explained, but the weather was very hot - and it did not affect the price I paid. They also explained that they were taking a bit longer to ensure the job was done properly. Cleanup was excellent, they managed to get all of the yard decorations put back where they were initially.

Description of Work
Copmplete tear off and reshingling of a very steep roof.

04/20/2012

Robert M.

Brad did a great job. Everything was delivered as specified, and the finished product was good. However, the thing that I most appreciated was the excellent communication and follow through... over the top!

Description of Work
Replaced and painted siding. installed new gutters and facia wrap.

Category gutter repair, siding, house painters

02/18/2012

Michael S.

ok - above

Description of Work
they did the job when they said for what they said rapidly but just a little sloppy. gutter covers i had were mangled, looked terrible the way they replaced them and were damaged beyond repair. just taking a little time they could have prevented this. i know they can pick up everything but i was finding alot of nails on hard patios so who knows what is in the grass. and they left ALOT on the actual roof that blew off in the first storm. not bad, just tell them to be mindful of this.

10/12/2011

William S.

He is excellent because the job was done to perfection and anything that we had questions about he addressed. I have worked with other people before and he is by far the best. I will use him again in the future. I have never worked with anybody that professional.

Description of Work
I used Brad Van Weelden to put siding on my whole house.

09/15/2011

Allana G.

Brad Van Weelden came out to our daughter and son-in-laws home, checked the area and told the the repair that was done looked like it would take care of the problem.

Description of Work
After receiving your List for Des Moines, IA, I called them and asked him to contact our son-in-law about a leak thought to be from the roof .

08/11/2011

Lois B.

See above

Description of Work
Called to inquire about a roof repair. They did not return the call, so I called again the next day. The woman who answered the phone told me that they were not doing roof repairs at this time because they were too busy with roof replacements. When I asked her if she could recommend someone who would do a good job with a roof repair, she gave me the name and phone number of someone whom I eventually used in a very satisfactory transaction.

06/07/2011

NANCY L.

He was prompt to come out but I wasn't very satisfied with him. He just wrote his estimate on a business card so it wasn't well thought out. I think maybe he just gives a ballpark number and he'll go into more detail if you are interested, but I would have had to make another meeting to work out the details. He thought the best thing was to use boards that had to be painted for the siding, but I was looking for vinyl siding.

Description of Work
Brad Van Weelden Co gave me an estimate for siding.

02/10/2011

Mark V.

Went very well, the work was high quality and they performed it quickly.

Description of Work
Replaced siding along the roof that had torn off during a windstorm. They came and checked it out, then promptly did the work within a couple of weeks. Note: The original siding was not done by them - they were one of the few places that were willing to do a small fix even though it wasn't there original work.

09/22/2010

Torrey M.

Flawless experience. Rain and extreme heat caused a week delay in completion. Excellent cleanup.

Description of Work
Hardie Plank siding, trim & soffit replacement; new roof, gutters; full painting

Category gutter repair, roofing, house painters

09/15/2010

Jane B.

We bid the job to 4 contractors. Brad was second to lowest bid. We were very pleased with the quality of all the work and clean-up. Only frustration was waiting for the job to begin, as it kept getting delayed. We signed the contract on 9-22, but waited almost 2 months, and by November the cold weather was here. Very pleased with everything else about the job.

Description of Work
replaced siding on north side of house with Hardie plank lap siding, then painted siding, soffit & fascia.

Category siding, house painters

08/05/2010

Jim C.

The service was outstanding because of the quality of the work, the products that were used, promptness and efficiency.

Description of Work
Brad Van Weelden put on a new roof and did a siding repair.

Category roofing, siding, house painters

12/01/2008

Jane B.

His quote was very inclusive so that there would be no surprises. He had no surprise charges. Regardless of how much rotten sheeting they found under the siding they gave me a price and they stuck to it. They were timely and they came out very promptly. They started the job very close to when they said they would with the weather permitting. He did good quality work and cleaned up very well after the job was done.

Description of Work
Brad Van Weelden Company came out and replaced all of the siding on one side of my house and they painted it too.

Category siding, house painters

Sorbo Custom Decks

My company specializes in composite custom decks, we also do cedar and pressure treated decks as well. No matter how big we have the knowledge and drive to complete your project and make your neighbors jealous.

Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.

Buresh Home Solutions, Inc has served Iowa homeowners for over 19 years. We are committed to earning your business by offering our customers more choices to meet their needs and budgets. We offer a variety of financing programs and in many cases can finance the entire project or offer no-interest programs as well. Our team is made up of dedicated professionals committed to exceeding your expectations.

AGR Roofing & Construction

AGR Roofing and Construction is an experienced exterior company trusted by countless homeowners since 2004. AGR offers a wide variety of products and services, to include; Residential installs and Repair, Commercial installations, Storm damage restoration and insurance repair, as well as Siding and Gutter installation. All of our project managers are fully qualified and trained, and will assist you throughout the construction process. With years of experience, AGR is able to provide a roofing and construction experience unlike any other. We will be there each step of the project, from picking the roofing system that will add the most curb appeal to working with your insurance company to ensure your claim is fully satisfied. Trust AGR with your business and we will strive to make this the most positive and rewarding experience possible. Contact us today for a free consultation and we can be onsite within 48 hours for an inspection. We offer a variety of quality products, with highly qualified and experienced installers backed by the best warranties in the business. AGR is a full service construction company, servicing residential, commercial, and storm damaged properties. We have the experience and knowledge to complete projects with 100% satisfaction. Additional Location in Chicago at- 7301 W 25th St Ste 255, North Riverside IL

ROOFING INCLUDING SHINGLE ROOFS, METAL ROOFS, TILE, WOOD SHAKES, COMPOSITE ROOFING, SIDING INCLUDING JAMES HARDIE CEMENT SIDING, WOOD, & VINYL, GUTTERS INCLUDING ACCESSORIES FOR GUTTERS & DOWNSPOUTS. DECKS, WINDOWS AND DOORS