Bob Lenc Landscaping, Inc.

Founded 1969 • With Angi since September 2008

4.4

Bob Lenc Landscaping, Inc. and Lawn Care offers premier outdoor living space solutions. We have a large retail nursery and several divisions covering everything from Landscaping, Lawn Care, Irrigation, Night Lighting, and much more. Bob Lenc Landscaping, Inc. was started in 1969 by Bob Lenc Jr. In 1985 the current owners, Bill and Karen Bishop, took over the business. Under the Bishops’ direction the company has grown into 7 different related landscape departments with 25 full time employees and over 100 seasonal employees. We consider ourselves one of the premiere Iowa landscaping firms. We are active members of the Iowa Nursery and Landscape Association, the American Society of Landscape Architects and the Home Builders Association of the Greater Des Moines Area. We specialize in both small and large residential or commercial projects We take pride in the work we produce and work hard to make sure our clients are equally proud of their landscapes. We handle small jobs, like planting one tree, and large projects that can include all aspects of landscape design and construction. From start to finish, Bob Lenc Landscaping, the Des Moines Iowa landscaping specialist, is your source for Endless Possibilities....

Colyn Lawn Care Services

We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today. **Offering half off first lawn mowing service with commitment of 2 appointments**

Offers by Colyn Lawn Care Services on Angi
Central Tree Pros

Central tree pros is a local tree company. Specializing in removal and tree trimming jobs in the metro. We are one of the few company’s that offers crane services for tree removal and major trimming jobs above houses and other structures. We have been in the industry for five years always running as owner operator and maintain a very professional, polite and efficient crew. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. We are offering free estimates and would love to look at any upcoming project you have in your home. Have a question? Call us or click for a free quote today!

Haan Services

Here at Haan services we specialize in Snow removal ,tree work,landscaping,construction,hauling,handy man service. We want to make every effort to deliver the best service possible, at the lowest price possible without adding expenses and fees what we agree on upfront is what you pay. Please call our office today to schedule our free estimate at 515.490.7335 Ask about our review discount!

06/20/2018

This company is no longer in business as far as I can tell. Does not return calls or e-mails, sign at the business painted over, no staff. (early June, 2018)

Description of Work
general lawn care and sprinkler maintenance

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

10/06/2017

No show, no call. When I called them to see where they were, they said they couldn't find my home so they went on to the next call and couldn't come back. I had to reschedule for another day. I'm really disappointed they couldn't have just called me when they couldn't find my house. I took a day off work to get this done and now have to waste another day of vacation. Just aggravating. I am having ...

Description of Work
Irrigation system winterization.

Category irrigation systems

05/19/2015

Gary Garles did an excellent job of translating our desires into a very beautiful landscaping job. We love the trees, the patio is amazing, we have raised gardens built with blocks that look great. His selection of plants is great. I would recommend Gary to anyone who wants quality work done.

Description of Work
Planted 18 trees in the fall of 2014. Developed a landscaping plan including planters, large patio, several plants all around the house.

Category landscaping,tree service

03/30/2015

I have used Bob Lenc for several years. I have no complaints. Service is effective and performed at the appropriate times throughout the season (spring through fall).

Description of Work
Performs annual lawn service (fertilizer and weed control) at my property. 5 treatments plus grub treatment each season.

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment

10/11/2014

Lenc responded quickly to my email, and scheduled a visit to discuss the work a few days later. They were punctual and personable, and said I'd have a quote within a week. The quote has never come, and I had someone more eager for my business do the work.

Description of Work
I requested a quote for restoring my front lawn and landscaping in front of my house after having my sewer line replaced.

02/21/2014

The overall quality of their work was excellent. Their timeliness and responsiveness were good. I thought their pricing was a bit high, but we liked their design best. I believe the workers could've been more careful with their equipment while working, as they wore an undesired path down my sideyard while moving stone and fill. Overall, I would use them again - but I'd also get other bids and cons...

Description of Work
Bob Lenc provided a well-developed design and good recommendations for the raised-bed garden we desired.

Category landscaping,lawn service

06/17/2013

They were unknowledgeable and unprofessional. They said they were going to work up a plan and get back to me. I have never heard from them since.

Description of Work
Two of their employees came out to talk with me about the work I wanted done.

06/07/2013

Had a person come out in April to give an estimate. They never contacted me back although I called to follow up multiple times .Decided that if scustomer service was this bad prior to getting estimate that this was someone I did not want to deal with.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing

06/01/2013

The plowing and clearing of snow was ok, but I would rate as so so. The price was more than I thought was fair.

Description of Work
Plowed snow in driveway, and walkway.

Category snow removal

Hello [member name removed], On behalf of Bob Lenc Landscaping, I am sorry that you did not feel our services were as excellent as we strive to be. I have reviewed your customer service records, and I have some information to add to your review. You called for a one time snow removal service in the middle of a large blizzard. We offered you two options: #1 Sign up for a winter long service agreeme...

03/26/2013

We had a couple of meetings with Jeff; we told him what we are looking for in terms of color and ease of care. He drew up a plan and we went over it again. We cut down on the number of perennials, to save on costs. The morning the work started, Jeff came over with 3 laborers, he marked where every plant was supposed to go, etc, etc. The laborers knew what to do, were very polite and cleaned up aft...

Description of Work
Landscaped part of our backyard. Planted 3 river birch clumps, assorted perennials, natural edging and covered the area with mulch.

Category landscaping,mulch

Landscaping, lawn care, lawn sprinklers, landscape lighting, holiday lighting, snow removal.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa