Tri-City Electric Co.

With Angi since August 2010

4.3

6225 N. Brady St

Davenport, IA 52806

You deserve an electrical contractor who gives you confidence they will have the right people, services and experience to help you with all your electrical construction needs. With more than 123 years of experience, you can have confidence in Tri-City Electric Co. Our experienced team of nearly

09/22/2017

Dale L.

He pushed the reset button. All better.

Description of Work
No power to garage. He found that the ground fault in the circuit had tripped. I did not know that was the problem.

06/02/2017

James W.

Good, faster than expected

Description of Work
Relocate light switches and outlets

05/09/2016

Ray C.

01/15/2016

Michelle R.

Description of Work
They replaced an outlet that a previous electrician said he couldn't fix and didn't charge me a service call. Changing out that outlet fixed everything and they felt bad that I had a previous electrician out to fix it and he spent two hours and couldn't find the problem. So they didn't charge me for any of it. Definitely shouldve called them from the git go and will definitely use them from now on. Very professional, punctual, and knowledgeable in all areas. Also, this outlet saved our Christmas lights.

09/04/2014

Tim H.

Description of Work
My home was struck by lighting over the Memorial Day weekend. Left message on after hours line and call was returned promptly and an appointment arranged to have the home electrical checked and replace an outlet blown out. They recommended updates and were very professional.

05/19/2014

Mike K.

TRI CITY sent different electrician out because the original was sick that day and 2nd guy wasn't qualified to do job or he didn't know enough to be working on his own wired new relay in place and then I HAD NO HEAT AT ALL on one of the coldest weeks of the winter when i had heat before just an irirtating clicking noise .It took couple hours to wire relay and installer couldn't figure it out he called home office told me home warranty had to call 2nd electric company WEST MAINTANANCE to come in and figure out what tri city electric couldnt do to make furnace work. Found out it was a jumper wire suppose to be connected to hot connectors didn't get wired up. And then tri city didn't wire 2nd thermostat back up it was also disconected so I was also heating back bedroom when it was closed off for winter so I got an even higher gas bill because of Tri City Electric.

Description of Work
relay was constantly open and closing conected to furnace making a clicking noise keeping me awake. contractor came out ordered new relay

01/21/2014

Michael S.

This company upgraded the electric service to my home.(New, larger service panel) It took longer to get on the schedule than it should have. After accepting their bid in early April, I had to make several calls before I got an installation date in late June. Everything went well with the installation and I'm very happy with the end product.

06/07/2013

Jeremy R.

I got estimates from other places and by far they were most professional and knowledgeable.They came, did the job in a timely manner, it looked good after and they cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Installed electric panel, outlets and other miscellaneous things.

05/14/2013

Paul B.

I found the material that was used to be significantly overpriced, and their rate per hour was exorbitant. Shame on me I should've used electric doctor they are much cheaper Tricity electric is way too expensive for residential work I'll never use them again

Description of Work
Had the electrician come out to my house to look at installing additional lights ceiling fans and power outlets in an extra room

12/17/2012

Carl H.

Prompt and professional service. I provided instructions to the company by e-mail. The instructions referred to a detached garage. However, the instructions given to the electrician referred to an attached garage. The electrician called me for clarification. Work was done correctly and promptly.

Description of Work
Fixed an outdoor light fixture.

09/13/2012

Josselyn S.

I would certainly not hesitate to call again if I require electrical service. From initial phone call to request service to the technician leaving our home I was more than happy with the service.

Description of Work
Wall mount flat screen TV required outlet and additional wiring to hide all cords. Technician arrived well before scheduled appointment time (called first to verify that it would be alright), completed all work and cleaned up mess. Technician additionally went out of his way to make sure that everything was placed where I wanted it and that we had all the resources we needed to finish the job ourselves (running speaker wires, etc.).

09/30/2011

Courtney W.

Not all the work could be finished in one day, which was fine but I wish they had communicated better for scheduling the remainder of the work. The guys who came and did the work came on time, we very professional, and cleaned up when they were finished. all the work was very professionally done. Installing the new service involved removing a piece of the soffit and the guy couldn't get the piece back in. He said he would do it when he came back to do the rest of the work- it didn't happen then, but eventually it got done.. Long story short there could have been better response on their end for putting the soffit back in place but in the end it was done and looks great. This company does care about serving their customers, and though they should have been more organized with scheduling in the end they did the right thing and I am happy with the work. Update Dec 1 2011: Just today Mid American was able to come out to restring the electric lines to the work Tri City did. I asked Tri City multiple times how it would work and if I had to do anything to have the city come inspect the work so that the electric company could come restring the lines. They answered, multiple times, that the city would get in touch with me to schedule an inspection. In late October this still had not happened so I got on Davenport's website to find out where to call. On the city's website it says very clearly that the contractor has to contact the city to tell them the work is complete. I called the city anyway and asked them about it. They told me the contractor has to call to let the city inspectors know the work has been done and he had no record of Tri city calling. I told him what they had told me and said and quot;I don't understand why they told me that with how big they are they know how permits workand quot; and he said and quot;yes they know.and quot; So I called Tri City, Brian who is the one I had been talking with throughout the process, denied knowing that he needed to call and said and quot;I'll call him right now.and quot; A week later I hadn't heard anything so I called the city again and they still hadn't gotten a call from Tri city. So he called them and then called me right back and scheduled an inspection the next day. My conclusion: I gave Tri City the benefit of the doubt when it came to communicating with me but they were either playing games with me or incompetent when it comes to anything other than actual electrical work. I would not hire them again.

Description of Work
They updated my electric service, put in a new panel, updated some old wiring, and installed a couple outdoor lights.

01/05/2011

Jeff Y.

The electrician arrived promptly for the scheduled 9 a.m. appointment. He immediately put booties over his workboots before coming into our home which we appreciated. I walked him through the project which included wiring 6 switches and 6 plugs. Due to the need for colored switches he had to leave and pick up the needed parts, he promptly went to the electrical supply house and returned. The project took a total of 2 1/2 hours including trip to the supply house. We are very satisfied with the finished project.

Description of Work
Wired all new colored light switches and plugs in our kitchen.

01/05/2011

Karen K.

Great work, GREAT SERVICE!

Description of Work
Added rooms to home, had Tri-City Electric Co. come out to add electrical outlets, move existing outlets and install lights. The guys showed up on time, dressed in uniforms, put on booties before they started to work and left my house looking like they were never there. Great job Tri-City.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Financing Available

N/A

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Tri-City Electric Co.

How is Tri-City Electric Co. overall rated?

Tri-City Electric Co. is currently rated 4.3 overall out of 5.

What days are Tri-City Electric Co. open?

Tri-City Electric Co. is open:

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

What payment options does Tri-City Electric Co. provide

Tri-City Electric Co. accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Does Tri-City Electric Co. offer free estimates?

No, Tri-City Electric Co. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Tri-City Electric Co. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Tri-City Electric Co. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Tri-City Electric Co. offer a senior discount?

No, Tri-City Electric Co. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Tri-City Electric Co. offer emergency services?

Yes, Tri-City Electric Co. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Tri-City Electric Co.?

Yes, Tri-City Electric Co. offers warranties.

What services does Tri-City Electric Co. offer?

Tri-City Electric Co. offers the following services: Electrical Construction / Repair. Residential Services, Security Solutions, Telecommunications. Audio / Visual Products. Power Generators for your home or business.

Are there any services Tri-City Electric Co. does not offer?

N/A