Dan Can Fix It LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since February 2012

707 Percival Ave

Dallas Center, IA 50063

Locally and proprietor owned and run. All brands and types of out of warranty appliance diagnostic and repair. Home small electrical and plumbing upon request.

06/19/2018

Rhea W.

Dan came and took a look at the broken dishwasher, which needed a new pump. He figured price vs. dishwasher value worth and recommended I buy a new dishwasher as a new pump would cost $268. We bought the new Bosch dishwasher that he recommended, he took out the old one (only a year old) that had originally been installed by the contractor incorrectly, and charged us less than the 'big box store' would have to install it.

Description of Work
Dishwasher fix

06/19/2018

CRISTA L.

Dan is one of the few that will fix an LG brand washing machine. After diagnosing the problem, Dan showed me how much the part would be and labor. Once I agreed to the work to be done, he ordered the needed part right then. Parts are paid up front. Final payment due when work is completed. The part arrived within a few days and he was back immediately to repair my washer. My washer has been working beautifully ever since.

Description of Work
LG washer was leaking water. Replaced leaky water valves inside washer.

10/05/2017

Misty O.

Terrible, see above. Paid way too much for just needing a valve.

Description of Work
My icemaker was not working and I told them I tested the motor and it was fine. I wasn't there when they came and they told my husband the ice maker needed replaced. It wasn't the ice maker, it was the water valve. So after 3 trips to our house, it is finally fixed but I was charged and paid for an icemaker I didn't need. I will not use Angie's list again for anything.

Category appliance repair

We are sorry you feel this way but your icemaker was needing to be replaced. The coating on the shoe had peeled away in multiple places causing ice cubes to stick to the metal itself. This puts extreme strain on the ice maker motor and damages the internal gearing. Also we do not perform any repair without customer approval, in this instance approval was given by your father. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the service provided, we look forward to addressing them to all parties satifaction.

09/04/2017

Ann B.

Dan identified the problem readily (nonfunctional fan and ice collected in the system). He had to order parts and come back. In the meantime we defrosted the refrigerator. Dan came back as arranged, replaced the fan and cost was very close to estimated. Frig has been working perfectly since. Would hire again for other appliance repair.

Description of Work
Our refrigerator was making a strange hum and we called Dan Can Fix It (not many companies repair LG refrigerators).

08/23/2017

Christopher S.

Service was excellent and very professional!

Description of Work
Dishwasher service

04/12/2017

Nancy S.

Dan was prompt, thorough and knew what was wrong.

Description of Work
Dryer repair.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

03/09/2017

EILEEN A.

He was busy, so he wasn't that responsive. He was going to be a little late, but he called. I would call him again because he does other types of repairs too.

Description of Work
They let me know that my appliance was not repairable, and that there were no replacement parts for the dishwasher. They only do repairs, and don't sell new appliances.

02/12/2017

Dana V.

Dan gave an overview of what he charged for a visit (trip charge, labor etc) over the phone, was able to schedule a date pretty quickly, and is one of the few service providers in the Des Moines area who fixes LG washers. The washer had not been leveled properly when it was installed, which caused the water to slosh out of the drum during the spin cycle and leak out the bottom. Dan leveled the washer and there have been no problems since then.

Description of Work
Fix LG washer leaking from the bottom.

Category appliance repair, handyman service

11/23/2016

Jeffrey W.

It went very well, and I am glad that I have someone like Dan to fix the things that I can't fix around our house.

Description of Work
Our drier stopped working, and Dan came out on short notice and figured out what the problem was. He didn't have the part to fix it right then, but he ordered the part and made time to get it fixed right away, because we were leaving for the weekend.

10/31/2016

Kristin S.

Dan was GREAT!!! He works nights and weekends for no extra fee. He came the same day I called even though his schedule was full. He ordered parts and then called me when they arrived. He came and did the repair all within 5 days. I will use Dan in the future. Dan was a little (VERY minimal) bit higher priced BUT he came in the evening and on Saturday for NO extra cost. The extra cost Dan charges would have been A LOT more for the nights and weekend at another company! I HIGHLY recommend Dan for ANY appliance repair!

Description of Work
Dan repaired our Washer and Dryer.

09/25/2016

Dena C.

Dan was right on time and very personable and professional. His diagnosis, after thorough review, was that it had just been overloaded with a heavy load. Only had to pay trip fee and he answered many questions I had regarding the appliances.

Description of Work
Front load washing machine had a major water leak in my laundry room.

08/01/2016

Jeff I.

Dan is always nice, professional and knowledgable. He gives you everything straight and let's you decide whether the repair and its cost are right for you.

Description of Work
Drier repair

07/24/2016

Twila B.

He had to order the part, but called as soon as it came in. He came the same day. It was fixed promptly and efficiently. He is a very nice personable guy and is very honest. He mistakenly overcharged us and came back promptly and told us.

Description of Work
My dryer was turning off after it ran for awhile. It came up with an error code which signified that it was something to do with the heating element. I called Dan and he came out within a couple of days.

04/23/2016

Carolyn M.

Dan was responsive, knowledgable and customer focused. I will definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Fixed my kitchenaide dishwasher

12/10/2015

jeff T.

He came out on a Sunday, didn't charge extra for the service. He immediately knew what the problem was and fixed it.

Description of Work
Dan repaired my ice maker

06/07/2015

Susan V.

This is the second time Dan has come out to our house for a repair - the first was for our refrigerator and this time was for our clothes dryer. Both times, the service has been excellent. We live out in the country and there was no extra trip charge, plus, he works on WEEKENDS for NO EXTRA CHARGE!!!! He seems to have a very detailed knowledge of appliances and is very willing to give his honest opinion on what we should do (buy new vs. repair the old). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Description of Work
Dryer repair

06/05/2015

Ken C.

Came out to examine a broken microwave. This guy is a chisler. I would never hire him again. He actually tried to charge me for telling me my light doesn't work. If you hire him, make sure you define the parameters beforehand.

Category plumbing

Dan Can Fix It is sure that every business owner and client knows, there are some clients that no matter how hard the business tries, there is just no way of making certain clients happy. This client unfortunately happens to fall into this category. No bad feelings are expressed towards this client in any way.

02/18/2015

James L.

Our washing machine was making a terrible noise. I did not get in touch with Dan until mid afternoon, but he was still able to stop by later that same day. He was courteous, polite, honest, and knowledgeable. I would recommend him.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair.

01/17/2015

Neil H.

We called Dan on a Saturday morning and he scheduled us for an appointment that afternoon. He arrived exactly at the time of the appointment. He diagnosed the problem with our dryer quickly and fixed it quickly, replacing the worn and broken parts in less than an hour. He gave helpful suggestions regarding how to prevent future problems with the dryer. He was kind, courteous, and extremely professional. If something breaks again, he will be our first call.

Description of Work
Fixed our dryer that had suddenly started making a lot of grinding noises.

12/23/2014

Louis K.

The job was done excellent. Stayed with it until completed.

Description of Work
Installed electric stove and microwave.

Category appliance repair, electrician, handyman service

08/30/2014

Karen M.

Too much to write details. He was good did everything to get the ice cube section to working. It was a great deal of work and time involved. He did a thorough job. Would recommend him to anyone else.

Description of Work
He did a thorough job checking everything out and getting it to work properly.

08/03/2014

Steve F.

I had noticed the seal on my freezer drawer was worn out and I order a new seal on-line. I called Dan because of his high rating on Angie's List. On our initial phone call, Dan said he worked 7 days a week and he said he could come on a Sunday. He called ahead and told me when he would be coming by. He confirmed the seal needed to be replaced and had it fixed in 30 minuets. I would not hesitate to call Dan in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced seal on Amana freezer drawer on refrigerator.

06/10/2014

Jill G.

The Dishwasher had completely stopped working. Contacted the provider to come to my home and try to diagnose and fix the appliance. The provider diagnosed and ordered parts. Once parts came in, realized had been sent the wrong parts. Had to re-order. In the end, this went on a couple times and I decided to replace the dishwasher. The Clothes Dryer was overheating and blowing a fuse on a regular basis. Initially thought it was the dryer vent flap on the outside of the house, however once that was replaced, the issue continued to occur. In the end, this also went on a couple times and I decided to replace the clothes dryer.

Description of Work
Contacted provider to repair Dishwasher (LG) and Clothes Dryer (Maytag).

03/27/2014

Amanda H.

He knew exactly what the problem was and was able to fix it in less than 20 minutes. He had just the right belt with him, even though we own a very old and out dated dryer.

Description of Work
Replaced a belt on our gas dryer

03/21/2014

kurt J.

I called Dan on Friday afternoon after finding out the stove we were having delivered the next day needed a different kind of outlet than what we had. Dan came out that evening after 6pm and did the work with no extra fees or charges for the rush job or after hours work. Dan was friendly and did outstanding work. We will definitely be having him do more work for us in the future.

Description of Work
Upgraded old outlet for new stove.

Category appliance repair, electrician