Cedar Rapids Entry & Window

Founded 1977 • With Angi since August 2012

My name is Gary Tallman, and I am a semi-retired General Construction Remodeling Contractor of 35 years to Eastern Iowa. We are the home of the perfect install. A few years ago I decided to slow down a little and to simplify things a bit. We did this by narrowing our business advertising focus to primarily market for the repair and replacement of residential and commercial doors, windows, and skylights. It's been a perfect match for me because it takes a full skill set to do this work, and it helps to keep me off the taller ladders..and that makes me a happy craftsman :) I'd like to mention that we chose to honor the community by offering senior and military discounts. D.B.A Cedar Rapids Entry & Window....

AW Home Improvement

AW HOME IMPROVEMENT since 2011. I have been doing construction since I was 14 years old. I have worked with all types of materials and all types of designs. I personally work 1 on 1 with the customers to make sure they are getting what the want and how I am planning on making it happen. Let me help you make your dream home come true.

Offers by AW Home Improvement on Angi
Superior Pros, LLC

Superior Pros, LLC. is a locally owned and operated Drywall/ Painting/ Siding/Windows & Doors contractor working to keep Iowa fresh and colorful. We serve residential and commercial clients with a commitment to consistently delivering the highest quality services at fair competitive prices. We only use the best tools and materials and employ the best the industry has to offer. Every member of our team has a proven track record of excellence and experience and knows how to utilize tried and true techniques to produce innovative styles and unparalleled quality. Painting is an art and your space is a canvas full of potential. We love helping our clients bring new life to the space that surrounds them.

American Building Contractors, Inc.

ABC is a national company born and raised in the Midwest. We have been helping victims of Hurricanes since 1998 obtain over $750MM in insurance proceeds to restore their homes. Our established team of Home Exterior Consultants will assist homeowners with immediate mitigation after a storm, assessing the damage and documenting findings for their adjusters, selecting materials suited for their homes and providing an stress free experience.

09/19/2016

I received a call from them a week after submitting a request. We agreed on a time to meet and they would give me a price quote for work done. They never showed. I received a call from them a week later and we agreed on a new time. They said they would be working in my area so it was no problem. They never showed up for the second meeting. No call, nothing. I just gave up on this individual.

Description of Work
I needed a quote for replacing an exterior door.

03/05/2016

Gary came out and took a look about three weeks before we were ready for the work. He gave us all the information necessary to order our doors and the necessary hardware recommended. Once the doors arrived, he scheduled to come out within the week to do the job. The old storm door was not operating properly due to some issues with how tight the opening was. Gary opened this up and framed in the ne...

Description of Work
Installed a new entry and storm door

Category woodworking,doors

10/09/2015

Gary and his assistant explained everything they were going to do and did a great job. The doors were installed on the day I had scheduled and he finished ahead of time.

Description of Work
Replaced two entry doors in garage.

Category garage doors,doors

Thanks, [member name removed]. I hope your home sells fast, which it should!

08/17/2015

Very good carpenter skills . Looks really nice . Only thing I thought was kinda not appropriate was it states in The contract they will use off premises bathrooms and they both Asked to use are bathroom not one but twice . The labor was very expensive beings that it was $750 to just Install the two doors . Their work is very nice but I think $750 is a Bit much .

Description of Work
Install a storm door and entry door .

Category handyman service,woodworking,doors

Tony, thank you for this work. I must admit that I was somewhat surprised and disappointed by both of the D grades you gave us. Regarding your dissatisfaction with the price of this work: I feel compelled to point out that this price was 100% pre-negotiated and signed by both you and I prior to the commencement of any work and did not include any upcharges whatsoever, as your D grade would seem to...

07/01/2015

Sealed the sky light. Will come back if that didn't fix it.

Description of Work
Checked sky light for a leak.

Category handyman service

Thank you for this work. As you know, the skylight itself permanently failed at it's seal around the glass and needed replaced, which we did. It was a pleasure working and visiting with you. Meeting great people is one of the best aspects of what I do. Thanks again.

11/14/2014

Everything was handled in a professional manner. The estimate was timely, installation proceeded as explained. Advice and suggestions were offered, and the finished work looks great.

Description of Work
Installed a patio door in place of a window

05/12/2014

I found People Doors on your website. I call Mr. Tallman and he returned my call immediately, came to look at the door, wrote down exactly everything we needed to purchase and had the quote to us on the same day. Our home is very old and the old door was a very odd size. He did an amazing job of re-framing and installing the door, even with some very strange problems along the way. He always told ...

Description of Work
Installed new door frame, entry door, and screen door on an old house with a very odd size door.

Category handyman service,woodworking,doors

Thank you for your review. FYI, shortly after I didn't this work for you I decided (for marketing purposes) to change my company's name to Cedar Rapids Entry & Window -or- CREW, for short. Just thought you should know this in case you needed to contact me for any new work or referrals. Thanks again.

03/31/2014

Gary was very prompt, professional, knowledgeable, and his estimate was spot on. I work for local architects and engineers and have many years experience in the construction industry. Gary demonstrated a high level of reliability-I was comfortable leaving him with the project well in hand while I didn't miss work. The project was started a little late in the season and they were very accommodating...

Description of Work
Replaced my front door and some damaged framing. Installed architectural surround and new shutters.

Category handyman service,woodworking,doors

Thanks, [removed member info]. It was my pleasure.

01/16/2014

I was very pleased with him. I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
He put in a storm door. He had to re-frame the door.

Category doors

11/27/2013

My mother needed to have a door replaced and a securitly light installed. Gary showed up to give an estimate and very detailed instructions on what we needed to purchase the very same day we called him. After the items were purchased, he was there that day to install everything. He spent a great deal of time making everything just right. We appreciated the time he took, not only on the installatio...

Description of Work
Installed a door, weather stripping, new door knobs and deadbolt. Installed an outdoor security light.

Category electrician,handyman service,doors

[removed member name], thanks for the review. Your Mother is an absolute delight. Thanks again for the work.

Entry & Storm Doors, Interior Doors, Patio Doors, French & Pocket Doors, Door Repairs, Locks & Latches. Siding & Window Replacement, Weatherproofing. Concrete Replacement & Repair. Fine Finish Carpentry. Flat Roofing & Roof Repairs, Skylights. Basement Waterproofing, Plumbing, Electrical, & HVAC Contracting & Consulting.

Check, PayPal