Converse Conditioned Air

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2010

Additional address - PO Box 1603, Ames, Iowa 50010....

Service Legends Heating & Cooling

Service Legends has a staff of 50 ready to assist you when you need help. We use Straight Forward Pricing so you always know to the penny what your service will cost up front. Our State of Iowa Licence number is #00071.

Des Moines Comfort, Inc.

We are a full service HVAC company offering service and installation on furnaces, air conditioners, boilers, geothermal, and water heaters. We also perform premier duct cleaning services along with boiler water quality testing and treatment. Des Moines Comfort, Inc. has been the metro's leader in Geothermal and Radiant Floor Heating service and installation for over 13 years. We offer yearly service agreements and service the entire metro and surrounding areas.

Aspen Aire Heating and Cooling Inc

Locally owned & operated. Service charge of $89 applies. 10% discount to Angie's List members.

01/26/2021

Jim A.

The first tech that came out said he had never worked on a Geo unit before. I pointed out the defective part to him. He contacted a co-worker who had him get a new pump ordered. Was told it would be 4 to 14 days to get the new pump. I looked online to see what kind of price to expect for the new pump, it was $230. New pump took 6 days to arrive. Pump was replaced and the furnace worked fine. The bill came and it was $408 labor for about 4 man hours of work and $610 parts. Parts were the pump and two rubber gaskets. I inquired about the 260% mark up on the pump thinking that seemed like a hefty mark up. Josh checked into it and informed me they had paid over $400 for the pump. Still a hefty mark up and not a very competitive price. I don’t have a problem paying for quality service but this felt like I was being taken advantage of. Perhaps Converse should find another parts supplier. I will be finding another HVAC service.

Description of Work
Had a recirculating pump replaced on my Geo furnace

09/06/2016

R Z.

Very friendly, and completed the work quickly.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and air conditioner, and added a high efficiency filter box. They performed load and air flow calculations, and determined the original furnace was oversized before providing a quote.

07/15/2016

Elizabeth M.

They come twice a year. I'm not ready to change them. When they say they're going to be here, they're here. If there is a delay, they will let me know.

Description of Work
We use Converse for air conditioning and heating. They made sure that it was running properly. They serviced the outside and the inside. Then they changed the filter in the house. Out at the farm, I was low on refrigerant and the hose was broken. So they did the repairs.

07/15/2016

Elizabeth M.

07/07/2016

Taylor H.

09/10/2015

Barbara H.

They did an excellent job. They were very knowledgeable about air movement in the home. They were very professional and really know their business.

Description of Work
They did an air to air exchange system for heating and AC.

02/03/2015

Cassy W.

They are reliable, organized and give room for suggestions and advice. The price is a bit high.

Description of Work
I used Converse Conditioned Air for heating services.

06/03/2014

Libby F.

They are always prompt and reliable. They explain to me any issues that arise and are wonderful about reminding us about heating and A/C checks. I would highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Converse Conditioned Air does a yearly inspection for our heating and A/C unit. They also installed the unit about 8 or so years ago.

10/16/2012

Thomas C.

The technician came on time and performed a furnace check to see if it is working properly and did some cleaning of some parts and also changed the filter. The cost for the filter is extra and so are the costs of parts needed.

Description of Work
We have a service contract with them to provide annual maintenance check of our furnace and AC. The do it twice a year, in the Spring and Fall.

02/16/2012

Dean M.

I was happy with the service. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They installed a new A/C and Heating system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Residential & commercial installation, maintenance of heating, cooling, geothermal heat pumps, air cleaners, high efficiency boilers, ventilation systems, power humidifiers, sheet metal fabrication, kitchen exhaust & make up air systems, stainless steel welding & duct fabrication.

Check, Visa