AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store)

Founded 1976 • With Angi since May 2007

1350 XB PL

Ames, IA 50014

8 EMPLOYEES.

07/12/2017

Melinda S.

Fast and prompt. Did the job.

Description of Work
Repair garage door spring

04/10/2017

Lynne B.

Work went quickly. Fine tuning done free of charge when needed once. very high quality quiet opener.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opening system

10/27/2015

Wyatt M.

Excellent service, did some carpentry to adapt to my old garage. Gave my advice to suit my needs, i.e. they told me "no you don't need the expensive opener, the cheapest one will work fine." The guys installing worked cheerfully in my unattached, unheated garage on a cold (temp in the teens F) day. The door has been working flawlessly for nearly a full year now.

Description of Work
Installed garage door opener.

07/15/2015

Sheila J.

Category fencing, garage doors

07/09/2015

Sherri L.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door spring single

05/29/2015

Thomas A.

They didn't have the exact opener in stock, but sold me another one that works just as well. They took the time to look up one that would work. I made the date up as I don't remember the date. It was in late spring or early summer last year.

Description of Work
sell me a replacement remote door opener. I haven't used them for service.

04/14/2015

Terrance C.

Very well

Description of Work
Fix garage door

03/26/2015

Nancy R.

Working with this company was so easy. I am so pleased with their work. They even came out when we had problems with our opener and looked at it for no charge. We didn't buy the opener from them, just the door!

Description of Work
After my daughter backed into the closed garage door, ames door and fence stopped by to temporarily fix the door until we could order a new one. They offered several types of doors and we ordered what we wanted. they called when the order was delayed by one day and came when they said they would.

10/03/2013

Chris A.

Most of the crossbars in our fence started to sag after a winter or two. The crossbars seem far too fragile if this is going to happen. Had to spend a few hundred dollars to replace them. A small piece of hardware of the fence has to replaced. The fence is black and I was told the piece doesn't come in black. By the end of the call not only am I getting a different color but I was told *I* have to paint it. They won't.

Description of Work
Sagging fence after a winter of snow.

Category fencing

09/04/2013

Michelle F.

ainedThe installer was very friendly and I was pleased when he relocated the inside wall button and thanked him for suggesting it. He also asked if I would like an additional light bulb put in since there was a socket to add another in the opener. He explained everything he had done and showed me how it all worked with and without power. Also explained the remote system. The door also came with 2 remotes and there is a safety button on the wall pad for extra security which I was very pleased with that will not allow the remotes to work when activated if they were stolen. It is a very nice system.

Description of Work
took out old garage door and frame with old opener. put in a new frame and opener, installed the garage door then asked if I wanted the button on the wall in the same place (that wasn't a good location) or in a more convenient location next to the light switch.

09/08/2012

R K.

Very good experience.

Description of Work
We called. We were able to set a time to repair broken garage door spring within 24 hours. They came at the scheduled time, had to leave to get another part, and came back right away, and fixed the garage door spring within an hour and a half. Staff was professional, courteous and cleaned up the site after the repair. No problems with garage door since. That worked for us.

09/06/2012

Tricia K.

Ames Overhead Door Store ended up servicing my garage door too, which I didn't know was going to be part of the service, so that was excellent.

Description of Work
I called Ames Overhead Door Store to reattach a bolt.

08/12/2012

Amy C.

I e-mailed them very late on a Thursday night hoping for service the following Monday. They called me back on Friday morning and got an appointment for me Monday morning. I honestly thought that I was going to need a new opener, but the technician found it was that the spring and joints were so dry it was binding up and causing resistance and that is why the door would not open and close. The technician also re-adjusted the door for me fixing the gap issue I had between the floor and the door. He also reprogrammed the remotes and keypad so that I could use those. I was very happy with the service!

Description of Work
Adjusted overhead door, replaced roller, oiled spring and other joints, programmed remotes and keypads.

08/11/2012

Nicol J.

Wish I would have called them sooner. They got me in the day after I called and were very professional. I thought the cost was very reasonable for the amount of time he spent working on it.

Description of Work
My garage door wasn't reversing when there was resistance. They came out and replaced a couple of rollers, as well as lightened the door so that it ran much smoother.

03/13/2012

Tom F.

I liked the service. I'm going to actually use them for some more work this spring. The quality of their work was very good. They are here when they say they will be here, and they finish quickly.

Description of Work
They have done some fencing and a garage door for me. I use them for doors at my workplace.

Category fencing, garage doors, doors

06/07/2011

Dan C.

They were great. It was a good experience and we felt like we got treated well. We spent ‘about $70 on that service and we don’t think that they were any worse than anybody else when it came to being pushy with the price. The professionalism of the staff was great. We talked with the lady in the office and she set everything up for us. The service guy came out, diagnosed the problem, and fixed it. He told us why it happened and what caused the problem, so we were aware of it and everything was smooth.

Description of Work
We used Ames Overhead Door Store probably about a year ago and they did some repair work on our garage door because there was a problem with the opener.

11/22/2010

Thomas M.

The workmen failed to follow instructions on the first try, but they were very responsive about coming back to do the job right.

Description of Work
Replace five posts, install rails and pickets on 24 feet of cedar picket fence.

Category fencing, driveway gates

08/10/2010

Genya C.

My garage door wasn?t closing properly. So, they came out and fixed it. The work cost me $80. I wasn?t very timely about paying the bill as I had a new-born baby at that time. They called to remind me about the payment. They were very understanding. They provided good customer service. I will definitely use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Ames Overhead Door Store for garage door repair, a month ago.

11/07/2009

donna I.

They did a good job, and so far we haven?t had any problem with the doors. I never really met them, and so I don?t know much about their professionalism. I would use them again, if needed.

Description of Work
We used Ames Overhead Door Store to replace our two garage doors.

09/01/2009

Thomas M.

Work was performed correctly the first time, took only about two hours and cost the estimated amount.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

03/27/2008

Jennifer V.

Great! From the moment I called to get pricing to the finished product everything went very smooth. The man that installed my opener was polite and friendly.

Description of Work
Had a garage door opener installed on a garage door that did not have one before.

05/11/2007

Frank M.

I received same day service. The repairman was friendly, efficient and helpful. I am very satisfied with the service received.

Description of Work
A bottom roller popped out of the track. The door was put back on the track and also reinforced.

Category garage doors

Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.

Buresh Home Solutions, Inc has served Iowa homeowners for over 19 years. We are committed to earning your business by offering our customers more choices to meet their needs and budgets. We are pleased to provide all Angi's Members a 5% discount up to $500.00 on their next home improvement project. We offer a variety of financing programs and in many cases can finance the entire project or offer no interest programs as well. Our team is made up of dedicated professionals committed to exceeding your expectations. With over 50 years of combined experience, our specialized crews will take care of your home as if it were their own.

Hicklin Door Services

Hicklin Door Services has specialized in garage door and door opener systems since 2002. Our family-owned business is small enough to serve each customer personally and large enough to take care of any garage door project, whether residential, commercial or industrial. For complete customer satisfaction, we exclusively sell and recommend one of the top garage door manufacturers - Garaga garage doors. Business hours: Seven days a week from 6 AM to 10 PM. Showroom by appointment only. 24 hour emergency service for Des Moines

Offers by Hicklin Door Services on Angi
    A-Z Home Improvement Specialists

Your one stop shop for all your fencing needs.

Offers by A-Z Home Improvement Specialists on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Interior doors

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store)

How is AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) overall rated?

AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) open?

AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) is open:

What payment options does AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) provide

AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard

Does AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) offer free estimates?

Yes, AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) offers free project estimates.

Does AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) offer a senior discount?

No, AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) does not offer a senior discount.

Does AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) offer emergency services?

Yes, AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store)?

Yes, AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) offers warranties.

What services does AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) offer?

AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) offers the following services: Installation and repair of quality overhead residential garage doors, exterior residential entry doors, commercial overhead doors, and commercial steel entry doors. We install and repair residential & commercial door openers of all types. Fence Store does installation and repair of chain link/ ornamental/ iron/ wood/ privacy/ perimeter commercial & residential fencing, Custom vinyl & steel railings and handrails.

Are there any services AMES OVERHEAD DOOR STORE (Door & Fence Store) does not offer?

Interior doors