LOWE'S INSTALLATION SERVICES

With Angi since June 2007

4.2

DSM Kitchen Guy

With over 30 years of remodeling experience in the Des Moines Area I have seen it all or done it all. This experience helps me to know the full extent of the remodeling process. This knowledge enables me to put together a complete and detailed estimate so there won’t be any surprises. I work on the job doing much of the install and actively oversee the licensed contractors daily. I know the importance of protecting your home during the project. You can trust your new dream kitchen to Rich Larsen Remodeling, the Des Moines kitchen remodeling expert. Make sure to check out our Testimonials by visiting our website!

Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.

Buresh Home Solutions, Inc has been serving Iowa home owners for over 13 years. We are committed to earning your business by offering our customers more choices to meet their needs and budgets. We are pleased to offer all Angie's List Members a 5% discount up to $500.00 on their next home improvement project . We offer a variety of financing programs and in many cases can finance the entire project or offer no interest programs as well. Our team is made up of dedicated professionals committed to exceeding your expectations. With over 50 years of combined experience, our specialized crews will take care of your home as if it were their own.

Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen of Des Moines is your resource for custom window and patio and entry door replacement, as part of the Andersen Corporation which is one of the most recognized window brands in the country. Serving Central Iowa, our highly trained, employee-installers of Andersen windows and doors can meet your needs in a friendly and thoughtful approach. Our windows are made of Fibrex material, which gives our windows the strength and durability of wood, and the low-maintenance features of vinyl. You won't see the hassles of expansion and contraction like vinyl and rotting like in a wood window. We also sell quality, innovative Provia entry doors. Locally owned, operated & trusted. Call for special offers and financing options.

11/22/2016

Peggy H.

Great. Did a good job on the install. Very courteous and polite and professional. Cleaned up after the job was done. Vacuumed up all of the "fuzzies" and pieces of old carpet. They could not have been nicer or more helpful. Frank and Luis did an awesome job.

Description of Work
Carpet installation.

08/30/2016

Marbeth G.

They were fine. I thought the price was good. Their prices are good and there is a good selection.

Description of Work
I purchased a water heater.

Category water heater repair,home improvement stores

08/14/2014

Stacey K.

We ordered the carpet in early May and we were told the carpet would be in and ready for install in 2-3 weeks. We prepare the area for carpet installation in this time by moving furniture to other rooms in the house and garage. Two-to-three weeks go by and we hear nothing, so we follow up. They say it will be another couple weeks. Another couple weeks go by and we hear nothing, so we follow-up again. They say the order was shipped but there were issues with the carpet so they re-ordered and it would be another month or so. Fast forward another two months and it still isn't in. We do several follow-ups after they say they will check on our order and call right back, and then don't. On several occasions, we talk to someone and they say the carpet has been delivered to their warehouse...only to follow-up with another person a few days later when the first one promises to call back and doesn't and then find the carpet actually has not been delivered to their warehouse. Because of the continuous communication issues and not knowing when/if we were going to get carpet, we entered a Better Business Bureau complaint to assure our issue is documented in case we need to leverage the case to get our money back in the future. Come July, our carpet has been delivered to their warehouse and we have it installed. The installer is very professional and does a great job. My girlfriend comes home and says it isn't the carpet we ordered. We immediately go to Lowe's and the clerk identifies the issue: the original order was incorrectly entered, so we received the wrong color and pile length. Another month goes by of more back/forth and of them not calling back when they say they will. Our carpet comes in and it is installed on August 13. Again, the installer is very professional and does a great job. Interestingly, the installer complained of being sent to several locations at the direction of dispatch since they didn't know where the carpet was; he mentioned this isn't uncommon. The very competitive price of the carpet and installation was compelling, but if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't. Over the course of almost four months, we invested no fewer that 20 phone calls and who knows how much time along with the continuous frustration of getting mixed messages from numerous Lowe's representatives, if we got any communication at all. This is aside from the inconvenience of having having our floors cleared the entire time, never knowing when/if the carpet would be delivered.

Description of Work
Sales and installation of living area carpet.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

07/03/2014

Samona Y.

Timely. Professional.Efficient.

Description of Work
delivered, installed refrigerator, removed old.

04/26/2014

Kedron B.

The price of the installation was included in the price of the carpet. We used them because they had a good reputation and good feedback from other people that had used them. They were very quick. They knew the job and got it done with the least amount of inconvenience, which was important when you are laying carpet because you have to move everything out. They came from a decent distance, which we appreciated.

Description of Work
We used Lowe's for carpet installation.

02/28/2014

Sara B.

My initial contact with one of the owners was not extremely pleasant. He called me the night before Thanksgiving. I was in the car, on my way to a family function, but wanted to get the carpet laid as I was waiting to move in to the home until this was done. We scheduled a date and I asked him if I needed to reschedule for some reason, should I call him directly, or contact the store to have them get in touch? He was very rude and questioned me about the possible reasons I would need to reschedule. I explained that I would need to check my calendar the following Monday and would get back to him at that point. He responded as though this was excessively inconvenient. At the end of the call I wished I had just allowed it to go to voice mail and I could have called him back. I did call and explain the situation to the manager at Lowe's. I did have any further issues because I ended up working with the other person for the install. When the carpet was laid, the guys that did it were great and the carpet looks great.

Description of Work
Laid new tack and carpet throughout the house.

02/25/2014

Vicki B.

Installer Terry from Superior Exteriors was very thorough and strived for a quality installation. Would definitely use this contractor again.

Description of Work
Installed two vinyl replacement casement windows.

08/21/2013

Mike & Loni M.

We used Lowe's for our kitchen renovation. Lowe's contracts with Dave Smith Construction for the installation. First, we had a great experience with Michelle Byers at Lowe's in planning for the new kitchen. She was pleasant, knowledgeable, and took time to answer all our questions about the cabinets. Once the plan was in place, Dave Smith came to the house to double check the measurements and discuss our project. We were very pleased to get Dave as our installer because he not only did the cabinet work, but also handled the electrical and plumbing jobs. Dave had our old cabinets out in one day, and completed the installation of the new cabinets in two days. We ran into a few problems with crown molding because of our ceiling, but Dave was able to solve the problem and the molding looks fantastic. Dave was on time every day, cleaned up at the end of each day, and was just a total professional. Dave has his own company, Dave Smith Construction, and I would not hesitate to hire him for any type of remodeling or construction work. We are very happy with our new cabinets, and are just waiting for the new granite counters to be installed. If there is an downside to a kitchen project like ours it is that it takes 3-4 weeks to get the granite counters after the cabinets are installed. However we have been pleased so far with all aspects of our remodeling project and would definitely use Lowe's again for a remodeling job.

Description of Work
Removed old kitchen cabinets and installed new cabinets. Installed new under cabinet lighting. Installed new over-the-range microwave oven. Changed several electrical outlets. Updated plumbing under kitchen sink.

Category insulation,lighting

07/18/2013

Bill N.

The work that they did for me was good and fine. They performed an adequate job and the floor looks good. The guy who performed the work was a hard worker who cleaned up after himself. The only problem I had with them was that they did not come the day that they were scheduled to since they was a mix up but they were apologetic about it and came the next day.

Description of Work
I used Lowe's Installation Services to install new flooring.

Category flooring contractor

06/01/2013

Jerry D.

Scheduled work on a Wednesday between noon and 2 pm. Received a call at 1:30 pm saying that the installer was running late and would be at my home in 90 minuted. The installer did not show up but the store called at 6:30 pm to say that there was a vehicle problem so the installation was rescheduled for the following Saturday at 11 am. I called the store at 12:30 pm and was told that the installer was running late and was given no estimated time for arrival. I was called back about 15 minutes later and was told that he had finished his first job and would return to the store to pick up the materials and be right over. It's 1:30 pm and he still has not arrived nor called. On Wednesday after the first delay, I asked the store to call me if there would be any delays on Saturday. If I had not initiated the call on Saturday, I would know nothing. I still know very little except I believe him to be coming sometime. He arrived at 1:41 pm and finished the work more quickly than I expected. The quality of the work was very good. The installation was done by Brandt Home Services, apparently under contract to Lowe's. The owner and scheduler has moved to California and is trying to conduct work in Iowa. They just need to be a bit more customer oriented. I thought it rude that they did not keep the customer advised of delays.

Description of Work
Remove replace 2 toilets

Category insulation

APPLIANCES, WATER HEATERS, COMPACTORS & DISPOSERS, FLOOR CARE, AIR CONDITIONERS, BATH TUBS & SHOWERS, CABINETS & COUNTERTOPS, CEILING FANS, FAUCETS & FIXTURES, FLOORING, INTERIOR DOORS, HOME DECOR, LADDERS, LUMBER, MASONRY & PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL, FENCING, GUTTERS, DECKING & DOORS, OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT, LIGHTING, PATIO FURNITURE, PAINT & STAIN, WINDOWS, PLAY EQUIPMENT & ACCESSORIES.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available