ABC Handyman Hawaii

Founded 2011 • With Angi since February 2013

430 Lewers St. Suite 23A

Honolulu, HI 96815

If you need a handy home repair service that does fast reliable work, Call ABC Handyman Hawaii of Honolulu, Hawaii. We provide island-wide handyman services on Oahu. We can repair, clean or replace it all for less, from general home repairs to difficult home repairs and item replacement ....

03/10/2017

Stephen T.

Very well.. job was a bit difficult due to inconsistent window framing, but he completed it in short course... very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced window rollers in my condo.

11/03/2015

Maryellen M.

John was wonderful to work with - he returned my calls, came when he said he would, and did a great job. He was clean and neat, well organized, had great tools, and knew what he was doing. The job was done perfectly, and quickly. I will hire him again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Built a Barbecue shelter from plans with provided materials.

Category handyman service

Thank you for your great review and entrusting your job to myservice, pleasure was all mine, Aloha

09/06/2015

Manuel C M.

We have owned several homes on the mainland US and now in Hawaii and over the years had many contractors, builders and repairmen companies/individuals work in our homes but ABC Handyman/John Montano was by far the best person and best company we have ever hired and ABC Handyman exceeded our highest expectations. The significant amount of repair, fixup, and finishing work that ABC Handyman did throughout our home was of the highest quality, ABC work is done promptly, ABC work is done professionally with the highest skill level, ABC Handyman is fantastic to clean up the areas he works in so there is no mess whatsoever, his pricing is fair and most important ABC Handyman is honest and of the highest integrity which is important when you have people in your home. I would, without reservation, strongly recommend ABC Handyman/John Montano to anyone looking for a top notch repairman service who is a talented professional, fairly priced and does impeccable fix up, restoration, repair and 'craftsman' level finishing work both inside and outside of your home/residence.

Description of Work
ABC Handyman did numerous repair, fix up, and finishing jobs around our 4,500 sq. ft. waterfront home such as: 1. he remodeled and finished our downstairs bathroom installing new cabinets, lighting fixtures, painting, perfectly restoring the glass that had hard water stains on our shower doors/enclosure. 2. He finished our large Home office that was only sheet rocked by taping it, dry wall compounding all the seams, sanding, painting, installed base board trim around the floor, and framing and building molding, sills around the windows and sliding glass doors and then painting the entire office. 3. Upstairs Master Bedroom and 2 of our Children rooms he did drywall repairs, compounded repair areas, sanded, painted and installed baseboard molding and lighting and painted the rooms, as well as, cleaned and painted the ceiling fans so they look new, 4. Did drywall repairs on the ceiling in our Kitchen and then mudded the area and painted, 5. Constructing framing and sheet rocked around several of our window upstairs windows and then finished them beautifully by sanding and painting, 6. ABC Handyman and his co workers power washed the outside of my waterfront home and painted the outside facing area, trim, eaves and other surface areas as needed, 7. he repaired our doors to our 2 childrens room that were damaged and repainted them and rehung them. 8. He did other various repairs and touch up items as needed around our home. We greatly appreciate the ABC repairman wide range of skills/abilities and professionalism, as well as, his proactive nature asking home owners in a proper way, like myself, if he can help with repair of small items he sees now that he can handle quickly and cost effectively to save us money Before they grown into a bigger problem that would require expensive repairs.

Category custom cabinets,drywall,glass repair,handyman service,lighting,remodeling,replacement windows,pressure washing,woodworking,ceiling fans,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,doors

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your most excellent appreciation for my meticulous work on your massive home in Hawaii Kai it was a pleasure to bring it to its full glory and I am very proud of our accomplishments together good luck with your appraisal I hope you get a fortune for it and enjoy your new home in Seatle, Mahalo Nui Loa

08/13/2015

fred P.

The shower is now good to go. I am relieved that I didn't have to do more expensive/extensive work to make it operative, thanks to ABCs honest assessment of the priblem. Thanks again!

Description of Work
ABC repaired a leak in the floor of my recently-renovated shower.

Category flooring contractor,handyman service,plumbing

Thanks for your review [removed member name] yes I know companies told you would have to tear out the floor pan and install a new one plus new tile as well would have been a couple thousand thanks for calling on us to resolve the problem we saved you quite a bit of money, call us again when you need quality repairs, Aloha

08/06/2015

Heather M.

First off, customer service is extremely important to me and the guys from ABC earned five stars in friendliness. They were also punctual and kept me informed through the entire job. Once the work was completed they went over everything with me and made sure I had all the spare parts for any changes I wanted to make in the future. As a military family your spouse isn't always around to do "projects" around the house so it's nice to know that you can call these guys to get the job done.

Description of Work
Built wardrobe and installed mirrored doors

Category handyman service

Wow thank you for taking the time to review my service I really appreciate it [Removed Member name] please feel free to call me any time you need quality repairs with Aloha)

07/29/2015

James M.

Well we are very happy with the job he did. We have family coming this weekend and we needed the work done before they come. John is very busy but knowing the bind were in he was able to squeeze us in his schedule. My wife is super happy you cant even tell there was a problem before. So if shes happy then I am! Thanks John! we will call you again in the future!

Description of Work
John fixed the Drywall that was damaged from flooding caused by the upstairs bath. He also installed a window AC unit

Category drywall,handyman service,replacement windows

Actually I did two holes for this property manager and his wife the first one leaked through the floor to the ceiling then over a few feet, down through the wall and into another ceiling below then spilled out onto the carpet I had to pull up the carpet and put a huge blower under it so it didn't turn into mold then re stretch it back another day after it dried the drywall damage was extensive It took nearly a whole 4th sheet of drywall to fill holes then mud, tape, prime, and match existing paint turned out nice th A/C was pretty tough also a large 12,000 BTU unit that had to be cut into a wall as there was not a available window to utilize all in all it took a few days to get it all perfect but I'm very proud of the magic I performed on this big house and if I'm happy my customers always happy as I'm a very meticulous and clean worker call me anytime you need excellent results, Aloha

06/30/2015

Yukie T.

John Mantano is highly organized, focused, and responsible. If you need work done by a fixed date and you are working with John, the deadline will be met. In my case, the work took 4 days. Not only will the work be completed on time but he and his crew will do excellent work. John has tools galore to attend to virtually any type of work you might assign him but more significantly he has broad experience that allows him to masterfully wield his tools as he addresses the diverse work projects.

Description of Work
John and his crew--Mark and Ryan--cleaned my rental condo; this involved walls, stove, windows, shower stall, screens and jalousies. They also repaired a variety of items such as realighning closet doors, adjusting the entry door, restretching a couple of window screens, dismantling make-shift shelves, and attended to other jobs.that needed attention. Then, they painted the entire unit--walls, cupboards (inside and surface),

Category handyman service,screen repair,replacement windows,interior painters

Thank you for reviewing my service I take a lot a lot of pride in my work and am very patient clean and meticulous on every job I do I treat the customers home as it it were my own I'm very nit picky and tedious thank you for noticing my quality, feel free to call me again when you need perfect results, Mahalo

06/15/2015

david S.

A completely positive experience with a contractor, which I have found to be very rare in Honolulu. John was very punctual in returning my inquiry, getting back to me the same night for my initial response and again after I provided photos for an estimate. He fit me in on a Sunday despite having another big job going on. John is friendly, professional, and very meticulous. He prepped the tub and then asked me if that was the way I wanted it; when I said it needed to be a little more angled, he said no problem. The tub fits in the space very unevenly, so it wasn?t the easiest caulking job in the world. The end result was awesome, just what I wanted. John uses only the highest quality materials, and left me the remaining caulk, along with the receipt. He even gave me some great help with another home project I was working on. No wonder John is so busy: he?s responsive, professional, and does great work. I would definitely have John come back and do more work on my home.

Description of Work
Recaulked bathtub/shower.

Category handyman service

Thank you for reviewing my service i guess it's pretty obvious I'm a very neat and clean person who never leaves a mess or a mistake, Mahalo sir...

04/30/2015

Lisette B.

Ryan was prompt, courteous and the place looks like a million bucks!

Description of Work
Ryan helped us get our condo ready to put on the market. He painted, patched drywall, changed bathroom fixtures, removed old carpet.

Category handyman service

Thank you so much for your review we enjoyed helping you with all your requests please call us anytime you need meticulous work done, Aloha

09/18/2014

Robert Y.

I contacted John through email. He responded immediately and tried to give me a good estimate on my needs. He responded soon after the request was sent. He estimated the job would cost approx $270.00 by replacing just the motor and fan but not the housing. I commented that It would not be efficient to just replace the fan. I asked if he would like to see some pictures I took. I could not send him pictures from my phone using Angie's List since the phone app did not have a way to attach it. I told him that access through from the top of the fan would not be possible since I live in a condo. After reviewing the pictures I sent John, he commented that the installed exhaust fan was "old school" and that He could not perform the job. That was the last I heard from him. He could have gave me a referral to another contractor or some suggestions but "old school" does not help me figure out what to do.

Description of Work
Consultation through email on replacing a bathroom exhaust fan

Category handyman service,ceiling fans

In actuality I told you i could retrofit a new motor and fan blade into existing housing which you said couldn't be accessed/replaced and I had done successfully before and you said it wouldn't work and thats the last i heard from you after that so you shouldn't give a review if I haven't done any work for you just recommended the fix and you thought it couldn't be done. now you'll most likely have to have some guys cut your ceiling drywall out replace it to get the old housing out and they'll probably charge like $700.00 or $800.00 dollars by the time its done. Aloha

CleanFront Exterior Services

Trusted by hundreds of Oahu residents for our reliable pressure and soft washing services, we offer fair estimates and professional results. Leave the dangerous jobs to us and save yourself the time and headache! CleanFront is a family owned and family operated business. You can rest assured, your property will be in great care start to finish!

Mobile Drapery Cleaners of Maui

Dry cleaning of comforters and decor pillows in 1 hour. 1 hour drapery dry cleaning service; 13-20 foot drapery track - unlined $90 & lined $105. less then 12 foot drapery track - unlined $60 & lined $70. Upholstery cleaning special $65 (average sofa & 4 dining room chairs or average sofa and chair). Area rug cleaning (4x8 antique to wool rug) $40.-$80. WE CAN FAX OR EMAIL YOU A INVOICE OR ESTIMATE. WE ACCEPT CHECK, VISA AND MASTER CARD.

Tyler The Tiler LLC

Tyler The Tiler LLC, an owner operated company has been in business since 2012. Focuses and specializes in all type of stone and tile material. For an immediate response to all of your Tiling needs call Tyler (Owner) @ 808-365-6536..

Check, PayPal

Backsplash. Remodeling-bathroom, kitchen & general. Carpeting. Flooring. Cabinets. Doors. Ceiling. Drywall. Counter tops. Carpentry. Electronic video & audio connections. Fan cleaning. TV installation. Painting. Lighting. Appliance repair. Screen repair. Smoke alarm installation. Tiles. Wallpaper removal & installation. Hardwood flooring. Blind cleaning. Window-cleaning, repair & replacement.