Dependable Electric

Founded 2010 • With Angi since May 2014

4.4

1798 N Round Rd

Lawrenceville, GA 30045

At Dependable Electric we strive to give the customer quality service, with a fair price. Our Electricians are drug free, certified, insured and experienced. All of our work is guaranteed for life as well as our parts. We will treat your home like our own....

08/21/2017

Faisal Q.

We chose Dependable Electric for our 5000 sq custom home in Gwinnett County after reading positive reviews online. Unfortunately, these guys are good for nothing except changing light bulbs. We worked with them for the rough and the final electricity of the home during the course of a year. When getting the original quote, I asked to get everything in writing to avoid being charged extra, and Justin texted me back saying to "trust him" and everything would be done per the plans. That was one of the biggest mistakes I could have made with these people. We ended up paying $4k more than what was originally quoted because they kept saying that it wasn't included in the original quote. It was our first time building a home and we didn't know any better so we agreed to pay the additional amount. Then as it came time to do the electrical for our final, we found out that there were lots of issues that came up because they sent one single guy who was not an electrician to do the entire 5000 sq ft. home by himself! Once the guy took too long, they fired him and sent two other handy type of guys to hang our chandelier. They hung a broken chandelier in the foyer and tried to charge us for hanging it twice because they said they didn't realize it was broken until it was already hung. They had to come out numerous times when the final inspection failed twice due to work preformed by unqualified individuals. On the final day of work, an employee made 6 holes in our ceiling to find wires that were not connected which they didn't want to responsibility for. Once we moved in, we noticed many problems with their work. I contacted them to tell them that there are places in the house that trip and the fireplace electricity has some issues. The owners of Dependable electric, Justin and Carl just keep playing tag and will not stand behind any work performed. Since one owner discounted the portion for repair to my ceiling, the other owner doesn't want to honor any warranty. They keep trying to pass the blame on each other, each saying they didn't know what was originally discussed. Please don't use these cheaters for anything more than a light bulb change out.

Description of Work
New Construction Wiring Rough and Final Electric.

07/20/2017

Bob E.

They're excellent. They're absolutely terrific.On the price, it's very reasonable. They do excellent service. I have an electrical and air conditioning background in shipping and yachts and they're very reasonable and do excellent work.

Description of Work
They came out to do electrical work.

07/20/2016

Shushanah P.

12/17/2015

JAMES G.

I found the technician to be very competent and easy to engage with and he did his job quickly. That is acknowledged. However, I assume that. Expertise should not be "extra." I feel like the pricing for this company is on the order of, "if we show up, that is $100/hr; and if we actually use our expertise, that is $150/hr more." $250 for an hour of basic electrical work is ridiculous. Of course, they were "troubleshooting." What the hey, why would anyone call you if troubleshooting wasn't involved. Isn't that what you do? But businesses like this know they have you over a barrel when you have a problem that "needs" fixing. What is someone going to say, "No, I'll shop around and then wait another day or two on the chance that someone is less expensive?" NO, I don't think so. I have mixed feelings about this company. You want to charge me something reasonable, I'll be a supporter. Now, I feel that I have been taken advantage off and I'm sure that I'm at least numer 100 in that line.

Description of Work
Found a short in an outside lighting circuit and rewired it in the junction box. Essentially no parts needed other than wire nuts.

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

09/03/2015

OLA R.

Great job completed same day even though it was getting late. Highly recommend .

Description of Work
Replaced light fixtures

Category electrician, lighting

07/31/2015

Sally E. M.

Bryan, Tyler, Carl, Justin and Ricky at Dependable Electric are THE BEST. My 50+ yr old brick tri-level house total re-wire was a monster nightmare of a job from start to finish. And they did it all in 12 days. That, imho, is nothing short of a miracle. I know. Sounds a little over the top, but you'd have to know this house like I do and have been here to truly understand. Two attics full of blown-in insulation to crawl through, wiring that had been rigged six ways to Sunday and a breaker panel that had to be moved out of the laundry room to another wall - that they had to stud in. The guys worked so hard to make sure I kept some power and AC the entire time except for the few hours it took to move everything to the new box and new meter, which also had to be moved. I could not be more pleased with the entire process and the end result.

Description of Work
Total house re-wire of 50+ yr old house, upgrade fixtures, move breaker panel, relocate main meter.

03/08/2015

Mary G.

The person they sent, even though we requested an experienced worker for our high end fan assembly and installation did not really get it. He did fine on the simple job of installing a new florescent light fixture. He did not correctly follow the fan assembly and remote coding instructions for the fan and it did not work. We ended up sending it back to the fan company, getting a new one and doing it ourselves. Upon assembling it ourselves we realized how many parts he had left out of the prior one ..also you cannot interrupt the fan remote coding process but he did and it never did work correctly.

Description of Work
We bought an expensive ceiling fan and decided to have it professionally installed. The company sent out a young and inexperienced man. he did okay with installing a new flourescent light in the laundry area but really messed up the ceiling fan.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

10/03/2014

Megan V.

Guys completed the job and installed dimmers as requested. Pricing was the issue as I purchased deal on Angie's list ($50 for $100) and was charged an additional $40 for the 2nd dimmer. Does not seem right to charge $140 for 2 dimmers that took the guys 15 mins to install. They were questioning whether or not I paid for the deal. Will not be using them for future electrical jobs.

Description of Work
Installed dimmers are 2 lights

Category electrician, lighting

09/10/2014

Bob E.

Description of Work
checked grounding and added GFCI outlets

08/28/2014

Linda M.

Description of Work
It's unfortunate for this company that they parked their van in our driveway, leaving a nasty oil spill on our concrete when they left. :( We feel that workmen should always park their trucks on the street just in case this might be an issue. That detracted from the overall service we received from them.

08/23/2014

lateefah A.

The technician was on time, very friendly and did a good job. He cleaned up when finished. We will use this service again.

Description of Work
Installing ceiling fans, light fixtures and door bell button.

07/30/2014

lateefah A.

excellent job

Description of Work
install ceiling fans and fixtures

07/28/2014

Jean C.

Very professional.............Very nice person.....Did job efficiently....at a fair price...all in line with his promotion. Showed up, nice uniform and well mannered. We had a little hitch, but it appears that it will be fixed in an efficient manner, and Carl did not want any payment from me until the correction was made...I found that quite amazing.... I am sure it will all be completed in a professional manner....

Description of Work
Wired and installed 2 ceiling fans and installed a fan above cooktop.

05/18/2014

omkaram S.

Carl and Justin came in to do the work, they first built scaffolding to reach the ceiling and Justin installed the fan and Carl installed the outlet. Both did very good job.

Description of Work
1. one ceiling fan with light kit and wall control installed in a 2 story family room(18ft ceiling) with 6ft down rod. 2. One dedicated outlet installed in garage, electric panel was accessed from unfinished basemnet.

05/17/2014

Ashley S.

The tech showed up on time and was very presentable. He installed my two ceiling fans in about 1 hr which i thought was fast. I then asked him about protecting my home from lightning and he informed me of panel surge protection. He was very thorough with explaining to me what the device was and what it did. I thought it was a pretty good deal for the price especially since it warranty's 25,000 dollars worth of damage to home. The tech then installed the panel surge protection, cleaned up the very little mess there was, hauled off all garabage from the ceiling fan boxes. There service was great and their tech was very courteous.I will refer them to every one i know.

Description of Work
Dependable Electric installed panel surge protection and installed 2 ceiling fans

05/16/2014

John B.

They scheduled with the power company to disconnect power at 9am, had the inspection called in two days prior to installing. They were prompt on avail, completed the meter base quickly and start to remove the panel inside by 11 am, between 12 and 1 the inspector showed up and released temporary power to allow the power company to reconnect our power, by 5:30 all power was restored. The next day they returned and installed smoke detectors in all of the bedrooms and carbon monoxide in the two hall ways, they also replaced a few GFCI that did not test properly. Labeled the panel very info

Description of Work
Needed our service repaired from a tree falling, Justin and Carl came out when they said they would be there, we discussed the repairs needed versus replacement and upgrade. Carl was very informative as to the difference between the two, we scheduled the replacement with Dependable. They gave me a very detailed account of what was going to be done and when, they meet every expectation and I was kept in the loop all the way through. Very professional company I would recommend them to anyone

Category electrician

Thank you for writing a review, we appreciate your business.

TE Certified Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling

TE Certified Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling understands there is never a great time to need a home repair. That's why we make scheduling easy, arrive in three-hour arrival windows, drive fully stocked trucks, give flat rate pricing, and back our work with a lifetime workmanship guarantee. Services offered: Residential Electrical, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling - Inspection, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance. Electrical - Rewiring, Outlets, and Switches, Whole House Back-Up Generators, Indoor/Outdoor Lighting, Car Chargers, Surge Protection, Ethernet & Cable Installation. Plumbing - Water Lines, Water Heaters, Tankless Water Heaters, Fixtures and Faucets, Garbage Disposals, Sewer Lines, Pressure Regulators. HVAC - Air Conditioners, Furnaces, Air Handlers, Heat Pumps, Ductless Heaters, Indoor Air Quality

Reliable Heating & Air Plumbing & Electrical

Since 1978, Reliable has offered home services with exceptional reliability and customer service. We offer more financing options than any other company, even Comfort as a Service, a hassle free way to get energy-efficient heating and cooling systems, water heaters, water purification even generators for a low monthly payment and all repairs, maintenance even filters are NO CHARGE EVER. Reliable takes care of everything. That is an UNBEATABLE WARRANTY.

Offers by Reliable Heating & Air Plumbing & Electrical on Angi
    Casteel Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical

**2018, 2017, 2016,2015, 2014, & 2013 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER!** During the past 30 years, Casteel Heating and Cooling has been one of the most respected names in metro Atlanta for heating and air conditioning. Since then we have grown and added a Plumbing and Electrical division with some of the industries best technicians! We are now offering experts in hydro jetting to clear even the worst clogged drains in your commercial or residential property. With over 30,000 5 star and A+reviews, the #1 Plumber in Atlanta as voted by Atlanta Home Improvement Magazine, and having been awarded Top 25 Small Business of the year -7 times in a row, Casteel is your only call to have your home repairs completed in a timely and budget friendly manner by the best! When we say "We'll take Amazing Care of You," we guarantee it! Your Amazing Care continues to our craftsmanship, technician know how, and even to the job clean up. Your home will be left as if we were never there. Knowing that you are a satisfied customer is our top priority and each survey is personally seen and responded to. As one of the top Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical companies in the metro Atlanta area, Casteel is your one and only call for your home service needs.

Offers by Casteel Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical on Angi

PayPal, Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Lighting, Electrical, Generators, Ceiling fans, Landscape lighting, Home automation, Networking, Lightning and Surge protection, All residential and commercial wiring.

Generator repair, appliance repair