Senior Helpers

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2010

520 N. Orlando Ave. #140

Winter Park, FL 32789

Home Health Care Service providing senior care and elder care in the greater Orlando are. Contact us for a confidential, no-cost consultation....

08/27/2021

Stuart Bourne B.

When a change was needed, another person was suggested. It is difficult for my mother to accept strangers in her home at this stage and difficult to accommodate her. Office staff is supportive and knowledgeable, quick to respond.

Description of Work
Home care and companion to my 94 year old mother with dimentia

Category errand service, home elder care

Thank you for taking the time to review our services -- and for having chosen Senior Helpers. We're grateful for the opportunity to have provided services to your family.

03/12/2021

Jeff .

Excellent! A very caring staff throughout. They made adjustments and assured that the right caregiver was matched to my wife's needs and her temperament. I have been using Sr. Helpers 40+ hours a week since 2014 and don't know what I would've done without through this journey so far.

Description of Work
Personal Care for my wife who suffers from Alzheimer's

Category errand service

Thank you, Mr. [Member Name Removed], for taking time to share your thoughts and for your confidence in us. We are grateful for the opportunity to make a difference in your family's quality of life.

10/23/2020

Brenda W.

The staff is very professional, empathetic and knowledgeable. The helpers are attentive, responsible and caring! My mother has had an assistant for almost two years and we have added another assistant to give additional help. They assess the needs and address any changes of deficits experienced by my mother such as safety and health monitoring. I’m so happy with their services and highly recommend them for your loved ones!

Description of Work
Assistance with meals and companionship for my mother who has dementia

Category errand service

We appreciate your confidence in us. We're grateful to be able to make a difference in your family's life. Thank you.

09/24/2019

Libby T.

Very well. They helped immensely by assembling a specific team that regularly cares for my Mom. Routine and familiarity are extremely important in her case. The caregivers are very attentive to Mom's needs and have bonded beautifully with her. The one-on-one care at home is so much better than having her in a nursing home.

Description of Work
24 hour in home care for my Mother with advanced Alzheimers

Category home elder care

We're very grateful for your confidence and kind words. Thank you for choosing Senior Helpers for your mother's care.

09/16/2019

Harold N.

My wife’s Caretaker accompanies her 8 hours daily Monday through Friday, except legal holidays. She is licensed, reliable, competent, trustworthy, pleasant and hardworking. We are thankful for her presence.

Description of Work
We needed someone to do the tasks that my wife can no longer do because of her illness.

Category errand service, home elder care, physical medicine

We appreciate the opportunity to help your wife in these ways. Thank you for sharing these thoughts.

09/16/2019

Jeff .

Caregivers are well trained, caring and compassionate. They assure the my wife is kept safe, bathed, fed and receives the attention that she requires throughout the day.

Description of Work
In home service while I'm at work for my wife that requires 7/24 care with all aspects of life.

Category home elder care

Thank you for the privilege of providing care for your wife and for your kind words.

09/11/2019

Katherine W.

When I needed caregiver services for my elderly parent, I interviewed more than one agency and reviewed others. Hands down, Senior Helpers offered the best and most comprehensive services as well as making the process as smooth and trouble-free for myself and my parent as could possibly be. The caregivers are wonderful, well-trained, and compassionate people who are delightful to be with. The office staff and administration are wonderful too and are always available to work on any issue or scheduling matter we might have. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Caregivers for senior citizen parent

Category errand service, home elder care

We're grateful for the opportunity to provide the care and for these encouraging words. Thank you!

09/27/2018

Stephen H.

Senior Helpers recommended the most highly qualified person to be a companion for my mother. To date her services continue and her presence lifts the spirits of my mother each day she arrives. I am very satisfied with the staff at Senior Helpers and highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Hired a companion for my mother who lives in an assisted living facility

Category

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. It's a privilege to provide this service for your family.

09/26/2018

Leslie M.

Senior Helpers has been caring for my mother for over a year now and she always enjoys her caregiver. The services give my family and I peace of mind that Mom has someone around to help out while we are not always available. The Senior helpers staff is always so kind and helpful when I need help or information about other resources that can benefit our family needs.

Description of Work
I needed home care services for my elderly mother

Category home elder care

Thank you for the opportunity to help your mother. Improving our clients' quality of life is why we do what we do.

09/22/2017

Leslie M.

We have been using them since February 7 days a week. My sister and I live in town and work full time so we are very grateful for Senior Helpers care of our mom

Description of Work
My mom has PARKINSON'S and uses a walker to get around. She needs help with showering. They help her with meals and do laundry. Keep the house cleaned up and take her to doctor appointment s.

Category errand service

Thank you for the opportunity and your kind words.

09/21/2017

Katherine C.

Senior Helpers are absolutely the best at what they do. Brittney and Cynthia worked hard to find the right caregivers for my father. The caregivers themselves have been kind, attentive and loving. It has been a blessing to have their help so that my mom can get some rest or get out of the house for a while. Senior Helpers also help my parents around the house with light chores. I would recommend Senior Helpers to anyone in need.

Description of Work
Needed help with caring for my father who is bedridden.

Category home elder care

It has been such a blessing getting to know you and your family, [Member Name Removed]! It is our pleasure to serve your parents during their time of need. Our caregivers have expressed how much they love working with your father. Thank you for your kind words!

09/19/2017

Dorothy K.

The caregivers sent to my home by Senior Helpers are always courteous, gentle and friendly with my mom. The office staff is prompt getting back to me when I need to schedule a caregiver for my mom.

Description of Work
Caregiving/companion services for a dementia patient.

Category home elder care

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for your kind words and your trust in Senior Helpers to care for your mom. It is such a blessing to serve you and your family. Thank you for choosing us!

09/19/2017

Christy S.

BrainFlex offers stimulating activities geared for special needs i.e.: Deaf or Hard of Hearing, vision issues, mobility issues. My mom was able to show them her yoga moves as well as a dance she did as a young woman. The praise she received from the staff and other participants was so encouraging. Senior Helpers Private Duty Companion services ensure safety at home, walks, fixing meals, contact with the office and myself if there seems to bean issue. They work with you and your family if you feel the companion is just not the right fit and in case of an emergency can provide another care giver or extended time as needed! They support not just the client but the family as well. I was having a particularly rough weekend with my husband in the hospital, my mom in the ER, and a potential threat of a hurricane looming. Senior Helpers sent me flowers to brighten my day and continued to check on both their progress (and me)until they both came home from the hospital!

Description of Work
My mother needed to have appropriate activities outside of the home as well as a companion for times she would be alone. The staff at Senior Helpers worked diligently to find the perfect fit companion for my mom as well as the staff at BrainFlex provided stimulating activities while she was able to go.

Category errand service, home elder care

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you SO much for your kind review of Senior Helpers and BrainFlex. It is such a joy and privilege to serve you and your family. BrainFlex is still inspired by your mom's yoga and dance moves, and her caregiver at Senior Helpers always tells us how much she loves her afternoons with your mom. Thank you for choosing us!

06/05/2017

Kathie D.

Senior Helpers was wonderful from the first contact. They listened closely to our concerns and found us a wonderful team of caregivers. My father is thriving under their care and my sister and I can leave the house knowing that he is in good hands. If you have a loved one that requires this type of service, you will not find another company that is more genuinely concerned in meeting your requirements in a professional and thoughtful fashion. Thank you, Senior Helpers!

Description of Work
My father needs daily assistance with all aspects. He is 92 and has many health issues. We needed reliable and consistent caregivers who we could not only trust to care for him respectfully and competently, but to engage him in appropriate activities. We had been using the services of a recommended company but found them lacking in all areas described above. Additionally, they left us with no coverage at least once a week. The situation was raking a toll on my father as well as us as his primary caregivers.

Category home elder care

[Member Name Removed], It has been such a blessing getting to know you and your family. We just adore your father! It is a joy to be able to provide your family with peace of mind and consistency in care. Thank you for your kind words of praise and encouragement. Sincerely, The Senior Helpers family

09/09/2016

Mark P.

Senior Helpers sent their clinical support team out to assess the resident and speak with the family. They did a one-on-one consult with the family and resident and began services. Their team is efficient, prompt, and have attention to detail. The family and resident have been served with great care and compassion ever since services began. I wouldn't ask to work with a better company and will continue to refer and use them personally in the future.

Description of Work
Resident needed companion services during a specified time frame and the family was in need of recommendation.

08/25/2016

Barbara J.

Tori, Ale and Glendaliz and Jennifer are wonderful to work with. They care about my mom not only her dementia but her physical care. Mom joins in the Brainflex program once a week and she really enjoys her time out of the House. Her caregiver takes her there, stays with her then tends to her hygiene needs before leaving.

Description of Work
Elder care for parent

04/14/2016

Kaye K.

In the early days, Senior Helpers came into my parents home to just provide companionship to my mother and to make sure that they were getting meals. The caregivers were great companions and helped keep the condo clean, and made sure they had meals. After a time both my mom and dad shared a room in a nursing home. After my dad passed away and because mother's dementia had progressed to the point that she couldn't really communicate for herself, we were uncomfortable leaving her alone (since we were all working during the day) so much of the time at the nursing home. We again engaged Senior Helpers to come to hospital each day and assist with her care for part of the day. Having that one-on-one caregiver with her gave us the peace of mind that we needed to be able to continue our daily lives without so much worry. Mom spent over 4 years in the nursing home and the Senior Helper caregivers that she had during those years treated her as if she were one of their family members! There were a number of incidents at the nursing home in which I feel if the Senior Helper caregiver had not been there - the problem may have been overlooked for a period of time which could have been devastating. Mom couldn't tell the staff at the nursing home when she wasn't feeling good or when she had pain. But her Senior Helper caregivers knew her so well that they recognized problems before they became so severe. They groomed her, styled her hair, read to her, took her for strolls outside even when she got to the point that it was very difficult to get her in and out of bed. Her Senior Helper would find another CNA to assist her with getting her into her wheelchair and take her out to feel and smell the fresh air! The Senior Helper even designed a way to wash my mother's hair in bed and kept her skin in great condition by keeping lotion on her. She did all the things that we would have wanted to do for mom if we could have cared for her at home. Mom got so she couldn't feed herself and her food was puree. Her Senior Helper took her time assisting mother with eating which required a lot of patience and she had it. She spoke so sweetly to my mom and treated her with dignity and love! On occasion - especially in the early days when my dad was getting used to having someone else in their home we had a few issues, but every time we had an issue the company responded immediately to help solve the problem. I highly recommend this company if you are looking for someone to help you care for your loved one!

Description of Work
We actually contacted Senior Helpers over 5 years ago after researching companies providing home care to seniors. At the time both of my parents were in their late 80s and my dad had many physical difficulties while my mom was suffering from dementia/Alzheimer's. Our initial appointment was with Dale Gardner and we were very impressed and engaged their services shortly after that meeting

Category home elder care

We were blessed by the relationship we've had with your family over these many years and by the opportunity to provide care to your sweet parents. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and for your kind and encouraging words. -- Dale Gardner, owner/administrator

04/14/2016

Diana S.

Over the last 4 years we have had several care givers. All competent. Senior Helpers was willing to work with us if there were personality differences and were responsive to our concerns. They gave me a sense of security for my mother when I could not be at home. I would definitely recommend Senior Helpers to assist with home care for anyone who needs this service.

Description of Work
Care givers actually started in 2012 and have been coming twice a week since. They started after my mother was in the hospital for Pneumonia. She started out needing help with dressing and meals when I was not home. As she got better the care givers provided companionship and assistance with meals and transportation..

04/12/2016

Terry R.

The initial set up as well as the placement of 'helpers' with mom was done very professionally. The helpers showed up reliably and did all that mom asked. They took her to get groceries and most importantly, she considered them to be her 'friends' after they spent a few sessions. In addition to the friendliness of the helpers, the administrative staff was very responsive. When I had questions about the payments, the response was thorough and accurate. While we only used the service for about 6 months, mom and I were both pleased with the service provided.

Description of Work
I needed someone to take my mother shopping and to do light housekeeping - two days per week since mom wasn't ready to move out of her house yet.

Category home elder care

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your kind words of trust and confidence in our services. It was such a pleasure providing services and peace of mind for you and your family. We miss your mother very much and hope all is well for you both. - Brittney Winston, Community Relation Director

02/01/2015

Myrtle R.

Under the personal care of the Senior Helpers, my mother (alzheimers) went from sleeping most of the day to becoming interested in conversation and music once again. They kept her clean, dressed her pretty and fussed with her hair. Her husband's hospital stay turned into three weeks and then rehab for three more weeks. From day to day I never knew what was going on as getting information from the hospital was sketchy at best, but I had no worries that my mother was well cared for day and night. In the end, it was necessary to move both of them permanently to assisted living, but Senior Helpers helped them for nearly three years as they struggled to maintain their independance in their own home. We will ever be grateful for their compashionate care.

Description of Work
My mother's husband was taken to the hospital and that meant that Senior Helpers increased their hours from an eight hour shift to 24/7 coverage for my mother at home. This was handled quickly by phone.

Category home elder care

Thank you again for the opportunity to provide care for your mother and her husband -- and for your kind words. If either ever needs additional help or support in the ALF, please let us know. -- Dale Gardner, owner

01/02/2015

VICTORIA C.

New Years Day found me really struggling to cope with being home after major surgery. sent an e.mail to Senior Helpers and to my great relief and suprise they responded immediately. they even tried hard to find me a care giver for that day. Jan 2nd they showed up for assessment and took charge immediately. went shopping, got a critical RX filled and would not leave until they had set me up for home help for the next 3 weeks. Fantastic job!

Description of Work
needed help at home after surgery after being released from the hospital on New Years Eve.

Category home elder care

We hope your recovery will go more smoothly from this point forward -- and thank you for sharing your experience with this kind review. I am blessed to have a great team of people who are willing to do whatever it takes to respond when someone needs help.

08/05/2014

Mike E.

All caregivers provided by Senior Helpers were professional, caring, compassionate and extremely helpful to the family.

Description of Work
24/7 care for bedridden senior citizen

Category home elder care

Thank you for your kind words and the privilege of providing care to your loved one.

04/20/2014

Myrtle R.

I understand how it can be difficult to schedule part time care givers when someone is sick or has a change in availability. I am just so thankful that Senior Helpers is so consistant in keeping me informed as I am in Indiana and my 91 year old mother with age related dementia and her husband are in Florida. Her husband is becoming less able to do many things and Senior Helpers have stepped up and taken charge whenever needed. We have just gone through broken toilet issues that I wouldn't known about if they didn't keep me informed. I had a handicap toilet installed and I know they will help her adjust and check for safety issues. It is important to have people who will do what they see needs to be done because both these folks spend a lot of time sleeping. As always, what I am most impressed with is how well they keep me posted. I think I talk to them more than I do my own children.

Description of Work
Communications about a change in care givers.

Category home elder care

We are blesses with a team of caregivers who do just that -- work together with our care managers as a team to provide consistency. Thank you for your continuing confidence in us.

01/15/2014

Rosemary D.

After discussing the situation with my mother, she relented and an appointment was made to have a consultation. Melissa from Senior Helpers arranged a Sunday morning consultation as requested(without any hemming and hawing) so someone could start on Monday and I could go back to work. They asked a ton of questions of us and specifically my mom. The answers they received apparently were just what was needed as the person they sent, Terry Davis, showed up Monday am prompt as could be. My mother found her to be quite enjoyable and came to rely on her as my mom's condition deteriorated. She was willing to assist whatever way was needed. Terry helped my mom weed the patio garden, helped with personal care, tracked medication times, made lunches and snacks and chatted with my mother about common interests(both are animal lovers). During times mom napped, Terry cleaned mom's bathroom, straightened and tidied what was needed, cleaned her bathroom, and did her laundry. She also helped my mom with her companion dog and made sure he got treats. Unfortunately, it turned out my mother had a vigorous form of cancer so recovery was not in the cards. Terry assisted our family the last week we had mom. Hospice came in for comfort care and Terry made sure Mom was well taken care of, helping with personal care and making herself available to help with my family(and our assorted dogs too) while we spent the last couple of days with mom at home. Senior Helpers was always flexible if schedules needed to be changed for doctor appointments. The staff was always pleasant and offered different care options as it became apparent my mother may not recover. While they were always professional and friendly in my dealings with them, they also showed kindness in the flower arrangement that was personally delivered to the house after my mom's passing and the follow up notes and cards. I don't anticipate having a need to use Senior Helpers again but if the need arises I will in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
My 92 year old mother confined to a wheelchair became ill. She could no longer manage on her own during the day . The nights and weekends were covered as she lived with me, so my sister and I took turns staying with her during the day. After 2 weeks we realized we were not properly equipped. In addition, we needed to get back to work. We contacted Senior Helpers to find a care giver/companion/someone to talk to for my mom while I was at work.

Category home elder care

Thank you so much for your kind words and for the privilege of providing care to your mother, [remove member name]. It is such an encouragement to us here to know that we have made a difference and helped at a time when you want desperately to do more than is humanly possible. I'm blessed to have such caring people on my team here -- and to have clients who are grateful. -- Dale Gardner, owner

11/10/2013

S L.

If I describe what they did, it would sound like they did not do much; but the point is that they did what I could not get anyone else to do! I needed aides to help my disabled & obese relative transfer into surgical furniture for a couple of outpatient appts. I made multiple phone calls to various agencies; everyone else I spoke with required a long-term contract, which he did not require. They charged me for a short-term retainer. The aides they sent were kind, professional, and took initiative. I would definitely use them again! The people I spoke with on the phone gave me an immediate sense of relief.

Description of Work
I used SENIOR HELPERS

Category errand service

A wise man told me recently that the success he enjoyed in his business was a result of doing things for customers that others either could not or would not do. Thanks for the opportunity you gave us to provide the services your family needed. -- Dale Gardner, owner

Home Healthcare - In-home Services
    Errands
    Rehabilitation - Physical Medicine & Rehab
    Florida
    Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
    06/29/2022

Care for seniors who want to remain in their own homes but need some assistance with either personal or companion care, or both. Personal care includes help with bathing, dressing, toileting, ambulation, transfers, eating; companion care includes light housekeeping, laundry, medication reminders, meal preparation, errands and transportation.

Wound care and therapy.