Apple Air Conditioning & Heating Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since April 2010

4.4

149 S Woodland St

Winter Garden, FL 34787

Additional address - PO Box 246, Ocoee, Florida 34761. Additional contact names - Mike Jenkins, Additional e-mails - mjenkins@appleac.com, jewing@appleac.com, jdorsey@appleac.com. Cost is determined by the job.

07/02/2018

Jerry M.

Awesome. Very professional and efficient. Obviously know their business. Knows the brands pros and cons. Fair price.

Description of Work
Replaced a complete air conditioner compressor and air handler, updated thermostats

11/11/2017

James K.

Company was referred to me by a friend. Very happy with Apple Air. The sales person was very professional and helpful in reviewing options with me. Installers were efficient and did quality work. Price was reasonable compared to other bids received

Description of Work
replaced home air conditioning unit

01/17/2017

William G.

See above.

Description of Work
I had been told by a different ac company that I had a furnace fan that had a part that needed to be replaced, and they had taken the part out and would get a new one. Another company told me my furnace was so rusted and damaged, only replacing it made sense. Apple's great technician, Akil, found that the reason it wouldn't work was that a wire was disconnected, reconnected it and serviced, and for eighty odd dollars, it's even working fine since.

08/22/2016

David S.

Tech arrived quickly assessed the situation, resolved the situation and never made me feel as though I was truly the fool I was. Explained what I did, and what I should have done as though he was a neighbor helping me out.

Description of Work
Establish what I had done in my attempt to stop a leak that had shut down my system

02/04/2016

Jerry M.

Great job. And this was after a not-to-be-named large competitor told me I had to replace the zone manager for $800. Ouch! I contacted Apple since they installed the zone manager several years ago and it was still under warranty. They corrected the communication problem (and put a battery in the thermostat which I missed and the other company did not know about). Apple knows their business.

Description of Work
Corrected a problem with the thermostat and the zone manager.

01/15/2016

Joseph C.

That electric bill sure dropped. I waited a while to give a review to make sure that there were no problems. The estimator was right. The handler did go in the closet. The return ducts worked. No baffles were needed. The estimators did a great job to checking to the half inch if it all would work together. We had over 12 A/C estimators. Some said it could not be done. Others gave poor design suggestions. Most wanted to sell their canned approach. Some were marketeers who did not understand AC. The estimates ran from $3000 to $19,000. If was tough to find the truth. I narrowed it down to three who were real close on price and recommendations.

Description of Work
Removed our old 1.5 ton unit and our 3.0 ton unit and replaced them with a 4.0 ton variable speed top of the line Trane unit. Added return duct work where needed. The estimator studied the work carefully and getting real dimensions. He knew his stuff. The installers said that this was the most difficult installation of an air handler. I believe it.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

12/08/2015

bryan S.

I don't think they were very pleasant to work with. I do not think they installed the unit correctly; I had to have someone else do it.

Description of Work
They provide general HVAC and installation services. They installed a unit for me.

01/09/2015

Jessica M.

My mom's ac stopped working and was pretty old. I was a bit worried it couldn't be repaired. However when I called them they had someone there in 90 mins. Their guy are very professional and able to fix it for a reasonable price. I will be using them in the future as I own a couple of houses.

Description of Work
Fix outside AC unit

01/17/2014

Dave L.

We use Apple to maintain the HVAC systems in our church, and when the a/c in our parish hall went out, they immediately came to our assistance and helped us purchase a new one at a low cost. (We could have bought the system through them, but on their recommendation went directly to TRANE thereby saving Apple's markup.) They also helped us with the purchase. Then, they coordinated the delivery and installed the new AC. Their staff and the crew that installed the system were courteous, helpful, and professional. As I said, we use them to maintain all the systems in our church and over the years have found APPLE to be the best HVAC we have dealt with.

Description of Work
Apple provided us with a proposal to replace the a/c in our church parish hall, including several alternatives. They helped us select the most cost-effective system, even recommending and assisting us in buying the equipment ourselves, saving us a significant amount. They then coordinated with the equipment dealer for expeditious delivery. Finally, they installed the system in good time with a minimum disruption and fuss.

09/06/2013

Wendy A.

Will call them when we are ready to replace current units.

Description of Work
We have 2 older air conditioner units and in preparation for replacement, we are getting estimates from local companies. I was extremely impressed with the representative who came out to meet with me. He gave common sense and very honest opinions on our current units and future needs. He did not encourage me to jump on replacing the units immediately, but provided the information and prices for when we decide or need to do the work. Other companies were high pressure and tried to convince me that we need higher priced units. Apple will get our business!

07/11/2013

Michael S.

It was good. Their staff was good, professional and courteous.

Description of Work
I have been using Apple Air Conditioning & Heating. They installed a new air conditioning system.

07/11/2013

David I.

They did really fine. They were very responsive and they came on schedule. They found the problem pretty quick. They were pretty reliable.

Description of Work
We used the services of Apple Air Conditioning & Heating. We had a dryer that was making a weird noise and we found out a sock got in it somehow.

Category appliance repair

06/15/2013

Kenneth J.

Outside AC unit would not start. Tech came out and replaced the starter cap and the outside unit started working again. The tech said he thought it was a little low on freon and would like to add some to which I replied sure. The tech stated that the spec plate on the unit was too sun faded to read and that he added what he thought it should be at. A few days later a call from my wife that the AC unit was not cooling the house, had Apple come back and they said that the pressure line had a serious leak and the whole unit needed replaced. I asked where the leak was and they told me that they did not check to see where the leak was and that it would be a fee over the service charge to check that for me. To this day I feel the tech had over filled the unit with freon and that is why the unit went bad with the leak. The kicker to this is that on my service ticket that they did not mention adding the freon, but I watched the tech add it. ok so it is July in Florida and now I need a new AC unit asap. Apple had a salesman come by the next day and I agreed to have a new bottom of the line Goodman 13 seer with air handler installed. Apple was also good on taking off $214.00 from the first service fee on the new unit install. I lived in a townhouse with a service closet that had the gas water heater and the air handler. As the techs installed the new unit I raised concern that I would not be able to replace the water heater when the time came. the techs assured me that the lines to the air handler would give/move to the point that it would allow the replacement of the water heater. The install was done in a day, when work was done I saw that it I would now need to cut out the wall to replace the water heater. Like three weeks latter I called Apple who had me call the salesman who came out and asked why I did not say anything at time of install to which I replied I had, to the install techs, who only installed what you had speced out. well nothing was ever done by apple on the install. As my luck would have it, I had to replace the water heater 6 months later. The first service tech did a fine job, but over filled the outside unit with freon that caused the unit to blow up, instead of looking to find the leak or fix their mistake it was easier to sell me a new unit. The salesmen was fine and gave me 3 options (all for 13 seer units) from around $3500 to $4200 but what he speced out was too big for my service closet. Would have been fine if the air handler was the only thing in the closet but it was not. Once again Apple did the easy thing as a company and did nothing about it. The install techs did a fine job as well, it just seems that the company as a whole had their interest ahead of mine.

Description of Work
Repair of outside AC unit that would not start. - then after system blows up replace whole system.

Maurice & Eloise B.

We have no complaints about them. They provided the maintenance call for free. They were very prompt in coming to our home.

Description of Work
This was for an inspection. They had worked on the air conditioning system prior to this.

Josh C.

In the past everything has been great. They recently installed a new air conditioning system, I am still waiting to see how that turns out.

Description of Work
They have serviced our air conditioner and installed a new one most recently.

Jeanett C.

The service turned out very well. The people are very good. We are not happy with the air conditioners. They have had some issues but this has nothing to do with the company.

Description of Work
They installed our Goodman air conditioners in the past. They have serviced and repaired them since.

ROSEMARY C.

They are great. I would recommend them to anyone. They are very honest.

Description of Work
They fixed an air conditioning unit without a lot of cost being involved.

Mary E.

The service did not turn out well as they charged too much for the work.

Description of Work
They had to replace a unit on my air conditioner which was under warranty.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Apple Air Conditioning and Heating, Inc. quotes all pricing up front to the customer prior to doing a repair. We went out to this customers home on 5/6/2009 and diagnosed her compressor as being bad. We gave her a quote of $885.00 to replace a compressor under warranty. The customer accepted the quote and authorized Apple to do the repair. Customers may call around and check pricing and they should prior to authorizing the repair. What they will find is not only the price on this compressor but all pricing is very standard in the industry. Apple Air has competitive pricing with any other Central Florida HVAC Companies that offers the same level of service, reliability and support. What separates Apple Air from other Companies in the area is our level of knowledge, reliability and customer service. We are very pleased that Member gave us A’s in the areas that separate us from other HVAC Companies. Responsiveness A Punctuality A Professionalism A

Garry H.

They fixed that and they made sure the trim work would dry out as well. The service was very good, he got here quickly and on time, the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
My air conditioner was leaking and coming through our walls.

10/31/2012

Albin K.

The technician was very polite and knowledgeable. I was disappointed that more could not be done about the condensate problem, but that will have to wait until it is time to replace the A/C. I was not looking to purchase a service contract because I did not have a very good experience with a company that sold me one when I lived in South Florida. The service contract includes 2 free inspections during the coming year so we will see how it works out.

Description of Work
I called because I had an issue with condensate shutting down the A/C unit when I bumped the drain pipe. I was concerned with the amount of water in the drain pan in the unit. When the technician arrived he inspected the unit and we found that the coil unit was not level. The technician would not be able to correct that problem so he made sure that the drain was clear and the overflow switch was adjusted properly. He also pointed out that there was a mold problem. We knew that the unit had been treated for mold before we bought the house last year. He suggested that UV light would kill the mold so I agreed and had him install one. He also explained the value of buying a service contract so I agreed to that as well.

06/05/2012

Gerilyn R M.

Danny was thorough and I appreciated his candor and his opinions.

Description of Work
Called to have estimate on new HVAC system. While here the "salesperson" asked if I wanted a second opinion. He sent a tech the same day in the pouring rain. Tech took the cover off the air handler and showed me serious mold issues. He checked the compressor outside as well. He ran a leak test in front of me (after explaining how the test works) and found the coil to have several leaks. He recommended replacing the coil itself.

01/11/2012

Dennis and Ruth U.

Apple Air is very prompt, courteous and knowledgable. They put in our air conditioning system and we've been pleased with their service from the get.

Description of Work
I have a leak and they came out within an hour and looked at my air conditioner to see if that was the reason for the leak and it turned out to be a plumbing issue.

12/27/2011

C G.

Their guys are courteous and knowledgeable about their trade.

Description of Work
Their service has been excellent, but we have had some problems with the manufacture. Apple has gone out of their way to help service our heater and air conditioner.

12/22/2011

Sarah H.

They indicated that we would need over $2000 in upgrades to our air conditioning unit. We received a quote from another company that was able to do the repair for a quarter of the price. We were told their suggestions were unnecessary upgrades.

Description of Work
Apple Air Conditioning & Heating gave us an estimate to fix our air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I believe this customer may have us confused with another company. The customer contacted Apple Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc.on May 7, 2010 (not in august) and their complaint was that their blower wheel or motor may have been out of balance. We sent a technician out that day and they confirmed the blower wheel needed to be replaced and Apple Air Conditioning & Heating quoted them $299.00 to replace. They said they wanted to replace. We orderd the part and replaced on 5/12/2010. The customer paid Apple Air Conditioning $299.00. Our service ticket states that we replaced blower wheel and left unit running properly. There is a section for the technician to make reccomendations for future service. No further reccomendations were made. The customer signed our ticket which stated the unit was left working properly and paid us $299.00 quoted. The reason I believe they have confused us with another company is that when they called Apple Air the customer told us that their blower was either out of line or blalance. They must have received this diagnosis from another company prior to calling us. I would be happy to provide our 2 service tickets signed by the members on May 7, 2010 and May 12, 2010 the first one confirming the blower wheel problem and the second repairing the problem. This was a year and a half ago and I believe the members have confused us possibly with the Company that was out prior to Apple Air repairing their system.

12/22/2011

Robert W.

Their service turned out very well. Their work is good and they are reasonable.

Description of Work
They helped us with our refrigerator.

Category appliance repair

Mr. Appliance of Clermont & Apopka

Y&L Air solutions

Y&L Air Solutions specializes in Air Duct cleaning, repairs, and installs, as well as dryer vent cleaning. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call now for a free estimate!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

ABC Air Conditioning and Heating Specialist Inc

Ed & Kerri Hearsay, along with Patrick Cheney & Eddie Hearsay Jr. are the proud owners of ABC Air Conditioning & Heating Specialist, Inc. Ed has a Florida Contractor License as well as NADCA certification. Kerri has an extensive business background and has operated ABC Air Duct Cleaning in Orlando for over 25 years. Eddie, Jr. grew up in the family business and has been servicing Orlando area clients for over a decade. Eddie’s a graduate from the heating, air conditioning and refrigeration technology (HVAC) program at Southern Technical College. Patrick was born and raised here in central Florida. He has been in the A/C industry for the past 17 years and has always taken pride in his work and enjoys helping people solve their heating and cooling problems. ABC Air & Heat specializes in residential and light commercial sales and service, and has technicians capable of repairing, replacing, or servicing every major make and model of HVAC equipment.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, Financing Available

A/c repairs and installations , High SEER energy efficient systems, indoor air quality control, air filtration systems, maintenance, service and repairs. Fiberglass & metal duct work, progress energy rebates, walk-in coolers and freezers, ice machines, duct cleaning, gas furnaces, electric heating, heat pumps, exhaust fans, heat recovery units, attic fans, maintenance agreements & uv technology.