Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2012

3.8

1643 Donna Rd

West Palm Beach, FL 33409

Since 1991, Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical has specialized in HVAC system design, indoor air quality, energy efficiency and insurance repairs, among other great services in West Palm Beach and Port Saint Lucie, Florida....

11/30/2020

David H.

After showing up to inspect my clogged drain the tech called his office. They decided they wouldn't work on the problem as it was :such a mess: after 4 months I received a bill from a collection agency. I called the office and they said they had sent bills to a address I haven't lived in for 6 years. The bill collector had no trouble getting my address straight. Now they say they have a right to charge a service fee even if they refuse to fix the problem American air fixed the problem in about an hour. Needless to say I will not pay them or let them anywhere near my property again. They are just thieves.

Description of Work
Clear a clogged ac drain line

10/29/2020

Johanna P.

I was forced to leave this review to warn others of the horrendous service and poor workmanship that this company provides. I have had the displeasure of dealing with their ineptitude and their lack of taking responsibility for their service. Unfortunately, the builder Divosta-Pulte that built our home of two years, used AC Preferred as their vendor of HVAC installations & install of ductwork for many of the homes of my community. After close to two years our garage ceiling started to show a dark black stain. AC Preferred was sent to my home by Pulte to check out the issue with the leak. The ac tech opened up the drywall and he couldn't determine what was the cause but based on how drenched the insulation, the wood beams and drywall was he estimated this had been occurring since the house was first built. His true main concern was who would pay for his $147/hr rate. The tech didn't even bother going up to the attic to check ductwork there considering that the garage ductwork and distribution box was sweating. After more than two months of having Pulte and AC Preferred battle as to whom would be responsible for the damages to be repaired on the ductwork of the HVAC for my home- I get another service work order to be performed by AC Preferred and this time they did go to attic and moved ductwork around but then didn't seal any of the ductwork that was sweating and they completely disregarded the garage ceiling hole they had done 3 months ago. The box was that was initially sweating just got worse after being out in the open with no insulation and drywall. As I figured they had no idea what had to be done to correct the issue of the leak so instead they informed me that the reason of the sweating ductwork was due to the fact that we kept our AC temperature below 75 degrees. AC Preferred paid an expert and this was the bright conclusion that they had come up with. According to AC Preferred as long as I kept my AC unit below 75 degrees, the problem will continue to get worse. Here we pay more than 500k for a home where we are being dictated as to what our temperature for the thermostat should be. The company just wanted to take absolutely no responsibility for the subpar work they had initially performed to my home. We ended up changing our HVAC unit which we bought from Kyzar Air Conditioning, to a better energy efficient one but unfortunately the ductwork done by AC Preferred is causing issues as it was not corrected by them. They are dishonest and there is not one once of integrity at this company. If building a brand new home just beware if this is the vendor being hired by your builder. Neither should they be trusted for regular service maintenance of any kind as their ineptitude is beyond outrageous. Kyzar Air Conditioning ended up fixing AC Preferred's inferior and shoddy work.

Description of Work
Install new HVAC & Ductwork

06/28/2017

jerry K.

I pay them annually. They are really good. They are very knowledgeable about Carrier equipment. They installed it in this house and they know how to take care of it. They installed all of the units in our neighborhood and that's why we use them.

Description of Work
They come out every three months for routine maintenance.

David A.

They are all expensive, but all these places are. But we have three units and they all have these condensation lines. They can get mold on them and such. Being almost impossible to clean out. The poor guy sent a couple hours here trying to clean one line. They have been very responsive when I call to get them out here. The only problem I have is that I have to initiate the call.

Description of Work
They performed fall cleaning and maintenance.

David A.

They are pretty good. We have a service contract with them, but we did have some special work done so our service contract may be about $400 a year. They come out twice, but we had them fix and run a new line and it was a couple hundred dollars. I am happy with their work, but sometimes I have to nudge them a little bit to get them out here. My only gripe is that we have a contract and part of that contract is that they come out and service our three units twice a year. It seems like I always have to initiate the call rather than them having an automatic list to call me for every six month appointment, so I find that a little odd. This is not some huge, national HVAC company. They are just a small kind of operator and I remember asking what happened and they said they changed their computer system so you get those kind of things. These smaller firms probably can't afford to have a full time person there to handle that kind of stuff so you get those kinds of things happening with smaller firms. The quality of their people has always been good and they are very nice to deal with. I have not had any problems with them. They do have people in their service group and there is not a lot of turnover because I recognize names when I call. It just seems their systems could be improved. This is typical of a smaller firm, they can't keep up with the things the same way as a bigger firm. This is not a two or three truck firm; they've got a number of mechanics that work for them, but it is not huge.

Description of Work
Preferred Air is the one we use for heating and air conditioning service.

David A.

I'm not gonna say they are cheap. They were fair. If I felt like I had gotten a steal, I would say A. But I don't go out to find the cheapest mechanics either, I want quality.

Description of Work
They replaced three units.

10/27/2016

Jason A.

Been a loyal customer for 5 yrs for both home and office - was told it would take roughly 2 hours for install - pushed back appointment to obtain first call of morning (9am) - technician arrives at 11am because he had an emergency appt according to manager but tech new nothing of emergency.... when I showed him the thermostats he said it would take possibly 2+ hours each and he might even need to call ecobee for instructions - manager stated she wasn't sure if the house was wired correctly although they did the initial install at construction - Neighbors had same thermostats in same house installed in approx 20 minutes each by tech who has never even been to the house... Tech also said it would take an hour+ for the UV filters but according to salesman and UV company, should take no more than 30 minutes each... I blocked off 3-4 hours for install but was told that still might not have been enough time...manager made no offers to come back another day if not completed today...decided after arguing with manager that just best to take ALL my business + roughly $1500 to another company.

Description of Work
2 Nano UV filters to my 2 units that they installed/serviced as well as install 2 ecobee (nest-like) thermostats - was quoted $1050 for the filters and $147/hour/thermostat + materials -

08/11/2016

Jacqueline P.

They really got it done in an efficient way. We have a service contract with them. We thought we should have another service call but they kind of wanted to put a new air conditioner in as a service call. I don't think they should do that. That's the only misunderstanding that we have. Their responsiveness was good. Punctuality was also good.

Description of Work
We had Preferred. We had a new unit put in last year.

08/18/2015

Roxxana M.

I have not use them so not sure if they have improved or not.

Description of Work
Install showered and toilet. The plumber was polite and nice, but the receptionist at the company a not polite when talking to clients.

06/26/2014

lois R.

I am very pleased with the quality of care and service from ALL staff. See above for details.

Description of Work
I just purchased a condo and the AC stopped working. Jose came and was very diligent and inspected the entire system, electrical panel. he found that the compressor had burned out. The system was within the 5 yr. warranty period. They ordered a new compressor immediately. Michael installed the new compressor and made sure everything was operating perfectly. All done with honor and at no cost to me. I found them to be very professional and honorable. Time frames for install were met...if not early.

Quality Air of America

Serving all Of Palm Beach, Broward, Port St Lucie, and Miami Counties. We are a customer-first business. We specialize in A/C Repair & Installation, New Air Duct Systems & Duct Cleaning & Attic Insulation. Our technicians are licensed and insured. It would be our pleasure to help you with your air comfort and quality needs.

Air Quality Control Environmental Inc

Palm Beach County residents call: 561-366-9276. Broward County residents call: 954-752-4085 Dade County residents call: 305-377-1308 or call us Toll Free: 855-355-DUST (3878). Family owned & operated. Additional contact number: (954) 270-3100. Additional emails - info@airqualitycontrolenv.com State licensed for air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning

Duct Doctor USA of Palm Beach County

When it comes to an air duct cleaning company, Duct Doctor USA of Palm Beach County are the professionals that will take care of your system in a professional and efficient manner. We use our own patented vacuum truck that develops suction power that is capable of extracting 6 to 8 times more air than other average systems. Our professionals are well-trained and have the necessary experience to provide you with an outstanding vacuum cleaning service for your air ducts. Our truck can be deployed up to 200 feet from your system, thus extract all the contaminants outside of your home and directly into our filter. Choose us when you need air system cleaning services, and we will exceed your expectations! Based in Jupiter, FL, we are the right choice for people who want to receive reliable services for the cleaning of their air duct and dryer vent systems. We use a brush-less air pressure based system, providing our clients with impeccable services every time. Our rates are affordable and competitive, and your satisfaction is our main concern. Call us today to find out more about our terms!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing