Fountain Blue Pool Service Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since September 2007

3.2

2731 Vista Pkwy Ste D 1-3

West Palm Beach, FL 33411

Family owned & operated. Services include pool service, equipment repairs, pool remodeling and new pool construction. Additional contact names - Joseph Galan, owner; Karen Waterhouse, accounting. 45 employees. Cost of services is determined by the job.

03/15/2021

Karyn V.

The pool is discolored everywhere, tiles mismatched, rusted , broken, my calls go unanswered, or worse I am told it is beautiful. I was even told to wait a year to see what happens. Stay away from them, they do not stand behind their product.

Description of Work
new pool installed and tiles

Category ceramic tile, swimming pools

12/08/2020

Margaret B.

Avoid this company at all costs. I have renovated homes, pool decks, and pools and have dealt with various contractors over the years. I have NEVER dealt with one as unprofessional and unresponsive as this one. We constructed a pool to the tune of 78K, and we have been left with a spa that randomly drains on its own, pavers that are uneven and tripping hazards, and LED lights that do not work consistently. Right after the pool was completed., it kept turning green for several months but none of the Fountain Blue techs could figure it out. We have spent hours emailing and calling and meeting techs at our home and these issues persist. We have hired a lawyer at this point, only for the company to send a letter lying and self-servingly stating that they repaired each issue identified which they have NOT. Unless you want to deal with this kind of headache, hire a different pool company. Finally, we have hired and paid a separate pool repair company to fix these various issues for us once and for all. Whether we go to court to recoup this money from Fountain Blue remains to be seen.

Description of Work
New Pool Install

Category swimming pools

06/13/2017

David K.

Construction went rather smoothly, our salesperson was very helpful but other than that we are pretty disappointed in overall customer service and follow up. There was a clerical error in their accounting office that put our pool install on hold in the beginning. After that was fixed Construction was completed in about 8 weeks. Now after that is where they really let us down. Their service is beyond horrible, the guy they sent out to do the start up had no idea how to turn on the pump, he was also the pool guy that would be coming out weekly for our 8 week service (included in the contract we signed) Well this past week was our last included service so I took a water sample to a local pool store only to find out that there was never enough salt put into the pool to generate chlorine, the ph and alkaline were way off and there was no chlorine in the pool. The pool store recommended the appropriate salt and chemicals to put into the pool. After adding what they recommended the water was balanced perfectly, that was Sunday. The pool guy comes out on Monday and just adds acid and chlorine without testing the water, we made sure our security cameras were on and have the video of him basically doing nothing. After contacting both the owner of Fountain blue and the maintenance department we have not received any follow up. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I wish I could have seen this review in hindsight

Description of Work
Had a new inground salt water pool installed

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

02/15/2017

jeffrey S.

I have used this company several times. They have always solved the problem, were always very professional and reasonable priced. The employees have also been informative and pleasant. One of the best

Description of Work
Repair pool leak

Category fountains

Thank you very much for the review. We value you as a customer and we are here for you should you need anything.

08/30/2016

brandon W.

Description of Work
Ray came out and installed a new timer and salt system for me. He was very professional, friendly, and did excellent work. I liked the job he did so much that I scheduled with him to put in a new led light in a couple of days. The price was a good bit lower than any other company I got an estimate from.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you very much for the review. We value you as a customer and we appreciate your business. Please feel free to call if you need anything we are only a phone call away.

05/26/2016

Ofelia U.

Rob came to my house promptly to look at the job & prepare an estimate. He seemed more interested in leveling the patio pavers than working on the pool. It has been over 2 weeks and I still don't have an estimate for the job & they have not answered my email inquiry. I will not be using them! Marked difference from the other pool companies that came out to bid on the job.

Description of Work
I contacted Fountain Blue Pool to remodel my pool on the basis of a friend's recommendation.

03/16/2016

Andreas G.

Description of Work
Acid wash pool and replace heater

01/01/2016

Kevin N.

Description of Work
They never even contacted me about doing the work.

09/17/2015

Dora A.

They did everything wrong. Like for instance, I paid for a French pattern paver patio and we got nothing. It was not the pattern we paid for. I paid for 12x12 coping around my pool and I got an 8x6 which was not I paid for. I paid for fencing to enclose all my pool equipment and they didn't do. I paid for pool that was supposed to be dug with one corner area to sit on. They put two in here. They put the lighting in the wrong spot. They put the drain in the wrong spot. They were supposed to have this pool completed by April 28 and they didn't get it done until July 28. I would absolutely not use them again.

Description of Work
I used Fountain Blue Pool. They built a pool, patio and fence. It was one package.

Category fencing, patios, swimming pools

04/24/2014

Layne W.

Fountain Blue is great. They are always consistently on time and clean my pool perfectly. For stress free professional service, look no further.

Description of Work
Weekly pool cleaning service

10/08/2013

paul S.

SEE ABOVE

Description of Work
wasn't competitive on price match we used them for 4 years approx. repair prices were always too high we used other people that did repairs well and were cheaper- didnt match those prices either -same man did good job for a couple of years and then retired-we dropped service after that for about 20 less per month better service THEY NEVER WOULD STOP COMING OR BILLING NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE CALLED !!! WE GAVE UP AND AFTER 6 MONTHS THEY FINALLY STOPPED !

07/02/2013

Ann R.

They do a great job every week. The pool is clean and crystal clear.

Description of Work
Serviced the pool by cleaning, chemicals etc.

06/25/2013

Allen G.

Show up every Friday. Perform necessary service and check for problems.

Description of Work
Weekly pool service.

06/20/2013

Keith W.

The waterfall/spa system turned out great. The workers from Fountain Blue were professional and efficient. We've had the system in place now for over one year and everything is still working great. They also maintain our swimming pool and spa on a weekly basis and what's nice is that they will send an email informing me when they will be there and then an email letting me know that the service was completed. Another nice thing about Fountain Blue is their office staff. For example their person in charge of service is Gabby and she is always pleasant to talk to and there's Noel who always makes sure any problems we have are taken care of.

Description of Work
Fountain Blue installed a waterfall/spa system connecting to our existing swimming pool.

06/08/2013

cynthia M.

Since we built a new home 4 years ago, Fountain Blue Pool Service has been the only company that has maintained, serviced and repaired our pool. We've had the same service technician the entire time and we love him. We will never go anywhere else. They're the best!

Description of Work
It costs $85.00/ month and they service the pool weekly. Fountain Blue Pool Service & Maintenance has been our only pool service firm for nearly 4 years.

06/05/2013

Donna D.

Fountain Blue Pools does weekly cleaning and maintenance and whatever I need to keep my pool looking beautiful. They are punctual and responsive. I receive weekly notifications via email to expect them. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Fountain Blue Pools does weekly pool cleaning and maintenance.

04/12/2013

Irene A.

The monthly fees are $80, and the services this year amounted to about $900. I have used this company for about 10 years, and they have been very good. They've responded quite promptly, and I've had no bad experiences with them. They've done repair work and acid cleaned the pool, and really have performed quite well. I have absolutely no negatives about them at all, and I'm continuing to use their services.

Description of Work
They do the maintenance of my pool, and also do repairs as needed.

03/13/2013

Laurie V.

Terrible! The finish is still some what blotchy. There is still a plaster hand print on the hand rail. If you don't mind cleaning up after a pool company, then pick this one. Otherwise pick a professional pool repair company. Lisa is a nightmare to work with. Gabby sets appointments that no one plans to keep. Jan has no clue what she is doing. I have pictures and movies of this job. What should have been an exciting experience quickly turned into a nightmare. I have emails as well.

Description of Work
Hired them based on Angie's list. We hired them to resurface our pool and deck. We upgraded our plaster because our tiles were in great shape. This has to be one of the most arrogant companies you will ever deal with. They can do no wrong. It is always the homeowners fault. We paid 1200. To clean and re-grout the pool. Apparently, this does not include actually cleaning the tile. Their idea of cleaning the pool is pouring acid over the tile and hope for the best. So they walked off the job. Lisa said that it would cost an additional $600.00 to clean the tile. They arrived to replaster the pool on the coldest day of the year. Normally they do 2 pools a day, but on cold days they do one. One would think, if you had a whole day to plaster you would get a fantastic pool finish. Wrong! It came out blotchy. They also broke two tiles while pouring plaster. They also broke the pool enclosure door. There was plaster all over the bushes. There is plaster all over the hand rails that will not come off. We notified them that the plaster was blotchy. They sent out two service techs out. Both agreed it was blotchy. No response from management. We finally called the manufacturer. Yes it was blotchy. He had several steps that would help with the blotches. First step was to acid wash. Finally they sent someone out to acid wash and yes it did improve the finish. However, threats of a lien on our house arrived. Really! Regarding the two broken tiles, it took them 3 months to fix! The owner never came out to look at the pool. Ever! Even when we said it was blotchy! We are 15 minutes from their office. They are never at fault. Ask for any details in writing from this company. Their word means nothing. Do everything you can think of to protect yourselves. We took pictures. Hundred's of them before and after, document everything with this company.

Category plastering

07/20/2012

Jeff H.

Went poorly. Workman did not clean up and never came back to clean up even though they were supposed to.

Description of Work
Re- coping of pool.

11/01/2011

Patrick M.

They were the people who installed our pool. We have used them to maintain it.

Description of Work
Fountain Blue keeps our pool clean with twice weekly service. They do an excellent job.

05/03/2011

Edward D.

Larry arrived as scheduled, found the water heater rusted out. Gave price for a new heater. I opted out. No problem, but the pressure relief valve was malfunctioning (loosing water) and Larry quickly replaced it . Great job.

Description of Work
Pool water heater was malfunctioning

05/14/2009

Michael R.

we requestd pool water that looked blue instead we got a drab, pond looking pool...not satisfied

Description of Work
problem with the color of the pool water...it was not what we ordered..

09/11/2007

DARREN L.

What you get is what you pay for is not always true. Fountain Blue was the most expensive bid we had, but we expected higher product quality and service. Fountain Blue failed miserably. After re-surfacing the pool with Pebbletech, the water became cloudy, and eventually staining the Pebble tech surface. I called the pool company the exact same day that the pool was being re-filled about the cloudy water. They told me not to do anything, including putting chemicals in the pool because it would void my warranty. They sent somebody out 3 days later, by then, it was too late. All the guy did was pour one bottle of chlorine in it. He did nothing else. The pool finish eventually became damaged, and I had to pay them an additional $200 to pay for their error. The pool company never apologized, and doesn't think they did anything wrong. Don't use this company, stay away from them, find another company that is cheaper and you will get a better product!

Description of Work
Remodeling pool with Pebble Tech resurfacing, and re-tile.

Category ceramic tile, pool cleaners

A COMPLETE EXPLANATION WAS REPORTED UNDER CERAMIC TILE CATEGORY - CUSTOMER REPORTED SAME CONCERN UNDER THIS HEADING. RESPECTFULLY, FOUNTAIN BLUE

03/01/2007

LLYN B.

The worst company I have ever dealt with. The job started with the people from F.B. not finishing the demo work, but because he was leaving on vacation, he never reported the incompletion of work to the office. On Monday when the subcontractors showed up, they turned around and left because the pool was not ready for them. A week and many angry phone calls went by before the first days work was completed. The work was mostly subcontracted, but no one from fountain blue ever showed up to manage or check quality of the work. There was delay after delay from lack of coordination of workers. A one week job took a month. Unfortunately, the coordination seemed to be the strong point. The quality of work was horrible. The pools finish was never properly smoothed out. There are tons of inconsistencies in the finish. They flat out forgot to tile the steps. The paver deck has the worst edges I've ever seen. Any promises made by the salesman were ignored by the installers.

Description of Work
They did re-surfacing of an existing pool with pebble tech, new tile trim and paver coping, and pavering the existing cement deck.

11/13/2006

SUSAN D.

Not so good. We were urged to accept early delivery of paver's for deck. Were told they were in hot demand. If we didn't accept them they might not be available at the time we wished to start our project. Paver's came and they were totally wrong. First we had a disagreement. They were left here for 5 weeks & totally destroyed our back sodded area. Several subcontractors were involved, each one blaming the other for shoddy work, or mess. The coping fellows actually used our $375 ping pong table as a work surface! I was at a funeral out of town when I was accused of changing my mind again on glass blocks. My daughter actually informed them of the error. There was a terrible lack of professional expertise from the salesman to the receptionist who handled some of my calls of concern. The owner has refused to answer any voice mails left for him, and I am left with cracked and shoddily installed pavers, a leaking spa/hot tub, a light I will probably never turn on and a leaning railing.

Description of Work
Complete re-do of all surfaces, including deck, tiles, pool diamond brite, coping, install light and replace filter and check valve, install glass blocks marble sill on spillway from spa to pool, install modern white railing.

ATC Contractor

JBs Drywall & Finish of PB, LLC

JBs Drywall & Finish of PB,LLC specializes in Drywall finishing services. We offer: Drywall Installation Drywall finish Popcorn removal Knockdown texture installation All levels of finish

Morano Group

The first step of the landscape design and Installation is to understand the client's needs and goals. The vision is clarified or refined in this phase, as general expectations and desires are articulated. Next, we begin to research, gather ideas, and put a plan into motion. Following that, we will complete a site analysis, evaluation, budget and timeline. The conceptual design stage builds upon the vision developed in pre-design and come to life through sketches, shop drawings, renderings and architectural plans. It is essential that our landscape division work in conjunction with our design team to provide clients with high quality exterior work in respect to landscape development. Design services include but are not limited to planting design, perennial and annual gardens, specimen, mature tree and shrub plantings, grass and wetlands plantings, pot and container seasonal plantings, poolside landscapes, irrigation, landscape lighting, rock gardens, hardscapes, masonry and patios. Morano Group is a third generation, family owned and operated company with 68 years of experience. Presently, Morano Group owns dozens of trucks and machinery, and is made up of over 100 employees throughout its multiple locations.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Swimming pool construction & remodeling, brick marble decks, decorative spraydeck applications, tile work & mosaics, swimming pool equipment repair, automation, pool heating, child safety systems, tune-ups, inspections, swimming pool & spa heating, chlorine generators, salt systems, weekly pool service, automatic pool cleaners, filter replacement.