BERKUN AIR INC

Founded 1989 • With Angi since July 2010

3.4

2800 E TAMARIND AVE

West Palm Beach, FL 33407

Since 1992, Berkun Air has served the commercial and residential air conditioning needs for Palm Beach County. Our factory trained technicians are NATE certified and are not paid commissions to sell you what you don’t need. Trane’s own customer satisfaction survey results showed that 99.6% of

08/24/2022

brent B.

Absolute worst AC company you could use. Insulted me over then phone after not doing the job I paid for and asking for more money to come back out and fix it. I started having a leak out of my ceiling air handler and my regular guy was out of town so I called the company that originally installed the units. Big mistake. I thought it was probably a clogged drain line but was unsure. Technician showed up late with no phone call. Seemed unsure and more interested in getting out as quickly. He said he thought he heard the clog get cleared out and started wrapping things up asap without checking. Handed me a bill for $290, insane for what he did but I was to tired to argue it. they charged $75 to put "viper spray treatment in the line" Google that product yourself and you'll see a bottle costs $25 for a quart. First sign this company is a scummy. Not 30 minutes after he left it started leaking our of the ceiling again. I could see water overflowing from the drain pan just like before I called so nothing was fixed. I called them the next day as it was after hours when it started leaking again and was told no one can come out today and since it was a Friday they would have to charge me extra to send someone out to fix what they never fixed. I told them that's unfair since they didn't fix it and we've spent plenty of money with them. The man I was speaking with then decided to get indignant with me and say we are not good customers and we should be thankful we came out at all because there was an outstanding debt($75). My father and I share an account as I help him out with things so somehow this must have fallen through the cracks. He never informed me of this before I they sent someone out and I would have absolutely paid it before anyone came out. I told him I can't afford to pay them over $600 in a few days for a problem they didn't fix (initial cost plus what they wanted to charge me to come back out) He then insulted me more and just hung up on me. I decided to do the best I could and minimize the leak and damage until my regular guy was in town. He came and within 30 seconds he informed me my drain pan had rusted off and was tilted so when the drain was clogged (which it still was after Berkun came out) it started leaking out the ceiling. He did a great job propping it up so it wouldn't leak until I got a new unit. I recently had a new ac system put in by Cool Bear and they showed me all the things they did wrong and why things got so bad. RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! Thankfully my credit card company sided with me after all the evidence I had and refunded me the full $290 Pictures of the bill they gave me versus what my AC guy found for proof,

Description of Work
Leaking Air handler

06/21/2016

Hratch N.

Description of Work
Berkun Air changed all the air conditioners of my 3 unit property (2 at one time and I called them back a second time). They are not the lowest cost vendor (but with financing options through Trane they become very competitive from a cash flow perspective), however seeing the expertise, punctuality, quality of work and service after the fact, I strongly recommend them to be considered in any air-conditioning job. Between Tracey, David and Jeff you will never have to worry about your AC again.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was our pleasure. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. It doesn't happen that often that people take the time. So thank you. Much appreciated. Jeff

10/23/2014

Matt M.

Jeff explained my options with no pressure. Very knowledgeable, professional, and technically proficient. Price was very fair. Installation was prompt; installers were professional, clean and efficient. I had done my homework before calling Berkun Air, and every question I asked was answered fully and correctly. Jeff responded to two questions I have had within an hour. I highly recommend Berkun Air.

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us a review. Much appreciated.

05/22/2013

Pat C.

Very well. They were very professional, punctual, did what they said they were going to do, and made a couple suggestions that improved the performance of our air conditioner. I highly this company to others.

Description of Work
This company replace our air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us a review. Much appreciated.

03/14/2013

ellen Q.

Awlful - see above

Description of Work
Overall horrible experiance. The owner, Jeff , quoted an AC job for us at our restaurant. We hired him and when he put up the A/C units he plastered them with his company logo. Ironically the units were horrible and did not cool the place. We had him back numerous times to "fix" the issue which never happened. We ended up having to hire another contractor. Then to top things off he proceeded to bash our restaurant on social media. The guys is seriously crazy - stay away.

Air Quality Control Environmental Inc

Palm Beach County residents call: 561-366-9276. Broward County residents call: 954-752-4085 Dade County residents call: 305-377-1308 or call us Toll Free: 855-355-DUST (3878). Family owned & operated. Additional contact number: (954) 270-3100. Additional emails - info@airqualitycontrolenv.com State licensed for air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning

A & H Services Inc

A & H Services is a residential and light commercial, air conditioning repair / installation service provider in West Palm Beach, FL. Our specialty is installation of new high efficiency Trane equipment for an affordable price. We repair all brands of Air Conditioners. Locally owned and family operated with licensed, insured, and highly trained, technicians and installers for ac repair, installation and maintenance. Family owned and operated business serving Palm Beach County. Alternate Phone Number: (561) 790-7494

DuctMasters Air Conditioning & Clean Air Solutions

Since 1992, DuctMasters has provided thousands of clients with clean indoor air, lower energy bills, and total indoor comfort. We specialize in complete air conditioning, indoor air quality improvement, and--of course--complete ductwork services. WHY CHOOSE DUCTMASTERS? HERE ARE 7 REASONS. 1. Licensed Air-conditioning Contractor #CAC056953 and Florida’s Indoor Air Quality Improvement Specialist. 2. We are the Masters at engineering and installing air-conditioning and duct systems to provide you with complete indoor comfort, improved indoor air quality, and lower energy bills. 3. Certified by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) with technicians trained in professional air duct cleaning, remediation and decontamination of complete air conditioning and air duct systems when mold is present. 4. Established in 1992, we have thousands of happy clients along with commercial clients such as schools, police and fire stations, hotels, government buildings. 5. Family owned and operated by a Mechanical Engineer and Attorney with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). 6. Trained technicians skilled in repairing air ducts and replacing air ducts to maximize energy efficiency and increase airflow. 7. Best price guaranteed over other experienced, licensed and insured contractors with Better Business Accreditation and National Air Duct Cleaner’s Association (NADCA) certification.

Cooling a home or business effectively and efficiently requires considerable planning and many years of experience, and a properly trained crew. Berkun Air built it's reputation on exceptional service and reasonable prices. Our clients continue with us for one reason, professional and reliable air conditioning service!