DOWLING'S FURNITURE REPAIR

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2010

7617 Ellis Road 53

West Melbourne, FL 32904

We have served Brevard County since 1989. We are Licensed and Insured...

08/31/2018

Paula N.

I have four kitchen chairs that are about 25 years old and the back broke off two of them and the others were starting to get loose. I took them to Dowling's and he repaired them and they are as good as new. I was also surprised at the very reasonable price. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Repaired four kitchen chairs

06/25/2018

Ken W.

Outstanding restoration. Well worth the money spent!

Description of Work
Refinished 1938 roll top desk.

06/25/2018

Judy O.

Great!!! I would use them again.

Description of Work
repaired two antique end tables

04/23/2018

George J.

The back of the chair was broken in several places including where it mounts into the seat frame. Larry repaired all of the damage as promised. He is a master craftsman and left no blemishes. The work was completed ahead of schedule and the cost was relatively modest ($155). Thank you for the truly excellent service!

Description of Work
Repaired cherry wood dining room chair.

05/08/2017

Bruce C.

Larry did a great job. Can not tell it was ever damaged.

Description of Work
Damaged café chair during shipping move.

04/20/2016

Linda P.

He told me what he'd be doing and took the leaf to match. Was in and out of here in 10 minutes.

Description of Work
Picked up surface damaged, painted white ding table and leaf. Delivered back to us fully restored in less than a week.

04/14/2014

Barbara B.

Mr. Dowling was very punctual and came to my home to assess the chairs and give me an estimate. He told me exactly what he would do to insure that the chairs would look new again. The work was done exactly in the timeline that he quoted and the chairs were delivered back to me at the precise time promised. I am very satisfied with the work that was done, and believe the chairs look better now then when they were new. I would highly recommend Mr. Dowling on his professionalism and the quality of work that was provided.

Description of Work
Repaired and repainted a pair of adirondack chairs.

10/19/2013

Leslie S.

Not only was Larry prompt when he came to give me the estimate and take the furniture, but he was polite and efficient. He quoted me at least 4-6 weeks but had it done in less than 4. He obviously takes great pride in his workmanship, is professional and knows his craft. He loves the wood and appreciates a beautiful piece of furniture. I have had the drop leaf table for almost 50 years and love it; there's no way I could possibly replace it for anything near what I paid Larry to "make it a new table."

Description of Work
He stripped my wonderful drop leaf table down to bare wood, removed all stains & gouges and refinished it with a beautiful "oil" finish. He had to remove the brass trim all around the edges, polish the brass, replace the brass nails and replace the trim. He also refinished (wood and brass) 5 leaves. The table looks better than new! He also repaired the leg of a lovely side table which the movers broke; it splintered in the middle of the front leg.

08/19/2013

shirley B.

He had repaired antique chairs for me in the past. The service was great then, so I called him again for some repeat business in a time of need. I am in the process of getting my insurance company to approve the repairs. We will move forward with the repairs at the time of approval. He was prompt for our appointment, and he is very thorough. He spent 45 minutes to an hour going over my furniture checking for water damage. I appreciate his professionalism and the knowledge he provided on the matter.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate for repairing the damaged furniture from a flood that occured in my home.

05/13/2013

Joan R.

He was very good. The cabinet company found him and they paid. He was punctual and very professional. We were very happy with his work.

Description of Work
We used Dowling's Furniture Repair to do warranty work to repair cabinets that we had installed. They had gotten scratched.

Category furniture repair,cabinet refacing

Craftman Home Improvement and Repair

We specialize in wood working. Our clientele includes large multi-unit condos, custom home builders, and single home owners.

Guerri's Antique Restoration

My family and I have been dedicated to the restoration of antiques furniture and art objects for the past 60 years and we have enjoyed every moment. I personally travel to Rome and Florence at least once a year to attend seminars, to improve our skills and learn new techniques.

CJ Weller Enterprises LLC

Due to our wonderful customer referrals, we are currently scheduling new projects approximately 10 weeks out. We are an Antique Restoration, Furniture Refinishing, and Custom Furniture and Cabinetry business with over 35yrs. experience.

Wood Repair, Custom Build Furniture