Barnhardt Construction LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2009

Barnhardt is your "Family Contractor" with over 20 years of experience in residential construction. Whether you are looking to remodel your home, place of business, or create your new dream home, you can depend on Barnhardt Construction. Our reputation is our name. Our name is our family! Mr.

home builder (9)electrician (21)drywall (15)home remodeling (12)woodworking (12)lighting (12)door installation (11)window replacement (11)stucco (10)ceiling fan installation (9)HVAC Companies (8)concrete repair (8)

09/18/2022

Enrique G.

overall it went fine. There was some problems with the permit issue. And with getting the panels on line.

Description of Work
solar panels

Category electrician, solar panels

Work Completed On 09/17/2022

08/11/2022

Jayma S.

Contacted this contractor with questions about a house I was about to purchase. They answered my questions in email quickly and timely and due to their information I didn't buy the house. I would have been knee deep in a project I didn't have any intention of doing. They were quick and insanely helpful with information!! So incredibly grateful.

Description of Work
Replacing Sliding Door with Garage Door

Category concrete repair, decks, drywall, electrician, masonry, plastering, siding, replacement windows, garage builders, stucco, doors

Work Completed On 08/11/2022

04/25/2022

Lynsey B.

I can’t say enough great things about the owner, Chris and his team. They are so professional, knowledgeable, genuine, attention to detail but speedy and overall outstanding. We went with this company based on the wonderful reviews and it didn’t disappoint. Chris was willing to help me even before we met and long before we paid him. He is a stand up guy running an incredible company. It’s hard to find honest, hardworking people in this industry and that’s exactly what you will get when you hire them. I could go on and on about them. This is the company you want doing any work on your house, hands down! Thank you Barnhardt Construction!

Description of Work
Renovating bar area and misc jobs

Category drywall, lighting, plastering, remodeling

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

10/08/2021

Susan B.

Barnhardt Construction did a great job. I have an awesome sturdy new deck that will last a long time. The new kitchen cabinet & countertops are beautiful, the plumbing was done right, they redid the rotten ramp off my back door so it is safe & will last, & no more hole in the floor by the side door. Chris always responded immediately to my texts, phone calls, & emails. The repair work was done in a timely manner & the crew was there when promised on time. They did awesome work & cleaned up afterwards. Chris, the owner was on hand & addressed any concerns that I had. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a quality contractor. I tried to hire a few other contractors before I found Barnhardt Construction & they blew me off after the estimate. Chris, the owner was there for me every step of the way. I am very pleased & happy with the work they did.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen cabinet, countertop, rework plumbing underneath, repair dilapidated deck. Repair backdoor ramp, and fix hole in the floor.

Category countertops, decks, electrician, plumbing, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/08/2021

05/09/2021

Stephen W.

Chris and his team did some stucco repair and painting for me. They did a great job, and my wall looks new again. I would use them again for future needs.

Description of Work
Stucco repair

Category stucco

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

03/31/2021

Bob B.

It went very well! My Townhouse is 33 years old, and I wanted to update and clear up the exterior of My middle unit. My General Contractor was Chris Barnhardt, with all his experience (28 years) and knowledge in the business; He made the experience very positive for me. Chris was a true professional; He had a great plan for the Project, communicate well through the process...his guys that did the work; rocked it everyday, under some hot weather. It was a very good experience for me, and when I need more help with my Townhouse; Barnhardt Construction, L.L.C. will be at the top of my list!

Description of Work
Remodel Front and Back, with New Windows ,New Sliding Door, Siding ,New larger Down Spouts, Remove and replace drywall and remove debris.

Category drywall, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, mudjacking

Work Completed On 05/20/2021

01/28/2021

Michael M.

Fabulous! Chris Barnhardt has done many projects for me and I've never been disappointed; all his work is superior in quality, timeliness and fairly priced. I recommend him highly!

Description of Work
structural repairs to a second floor deck

Category decks

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

01/20/2021

Yolanda Q.

Muy buen servicio mi Solar Advisor Wagner fué muy professional y enfocado en mis necesidades, lo recomiendo 100%. La instalacion fue bien rapida y los instaladores muy profesionales.

Description of Work
Solar Panels

Category electrician, solar panels

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

09/16/2020

Cindy J.

Chris and his crew did a great job. Chris kept in constant contact with us about the job. They completed the job in 2 days (in spite of the rain) as promised. We are very pleased and would use Barnhart Construction again.

Description of Work
Wood planks put on lanai ceiling

Category remodeling, architect, sunrooms

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

Review for Barnhardt Construction LLC - 26221 Pheasant Run, Wesley Chapel, FL - 38879917

08/28/2020

Alex C.

They do good work, the end result looks great.

Description of Work
siding and painting

Category architect

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

08/14/2020

Iris R.

The fact that Barnhardt Constructuon has such a high rating shocks me. Stay far away. Chris Barnhart, the owner, does not stand by any of his work and does the absolute least amount of work he can get away with. Unfortunately I’ve had to contact a lawyer and apparently there is a class action lawsuit against Barnhardt construction and Chris’s solar company. Chris has cheated many many other people. I had solar installed, new roof, an electrical upgrade and a new ac system installed. I was told everything would be new and updated for the $77,000 I agreed to pay. Since the project finished I have had nothing but issues and the owner Chris Barnhard refuses to take responsibility for anything. The most concerning issues I have had are electrical problems through my home. Now I have outlets that don’t work, wiring issues. I even almost had an electrical fire. I contacted Chris and his assistant Kyla about these issues numerous times, but they will not do anything to help me. I was told by the owner Chris, that all of my issues have nothing to do with his work he did and to call an electrician. The contract stated that Chris would do an “electrical upgrade”. At the time I agreed to the work I was told by John King (the salesmen) that everything in the house would be taken care of. When reading “electrical upgrade” on my contract I was under the impression this meant what I was told, that the electrical system in my house would be updated and replaced as necessary. According to Chis, this only means he was responsible for replacing my panel. He told me “it’s common sense” for me to know that he was only installing a panel and that he is not responsible for any other electrical I have in my home. Since then I have had 2 electricians come out and tell me I have numerous wiring and safety issues. The cost to repair everything is $1,800. Chris refuses to do anything to help make this right. Again stating it’s not his problem. My next issue is that the new A/c system that has been on for all of 3 months has stopped working twice. I’ve been told by 3 different HVAC companies that all of my ducts are in terrible condition and need to be replaced which would cost $5-6,000. I was told that the condition of the ducts are straining my new ac unit and breaking parts. Both companies I had come to my house told me the system looked like it was installed by people who don’t know what they’re doing. The fact that this wasn’t included In the work that was done previously makes no sense. Why would only the ac unit outside be replaced and nothing else be even touched. After forwarding this information to Chris I was told again, too bad that’s not his problem. I asked Chris why this wasn’t addressed when the work was being completed. He told me it’s was not his responsibility and that I need to call the Hvac company he subcontracted. $77,000 later I have a new A/C system that I can’t use and needs $6,000 worth of repairs. I am plagued with electrical issues that will cost me another $1,800 to fix. I’ve asked for an itemized list of where the $77,000 was allocated to. I told by Chris that he would send a breakdown, but of course he never sent it. Now I don’t have exact numbers, but I have no clue where all that money could have went except for mostly in the owners pocket. Even if the cost of solar system and new roof was $47,000, that leaves $30,000 for a new A/C system and electrical. Apparently all 32,000 Dollars gets you from Chis is only an outdoor a/c unit (I found the unit online for $1800) and a new electrical panel. I’ve spoken to Chris numerous times and he refuses take any responsibility. Im usually ignored by his assistant Kyla or just told not my problem by Chris. Don’t even consider doing business with this company. I am also attaching pictures of my contract with Chris and the estimates from other companies I received to fix my issues.

Description of Work
Solar, Roof, Air conditioning, Electrical

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, roofing, architect, solar panels

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

Review for Barnhardt Construction LLC - 26221 Pheasant Run, Wesley Chapel, FL - 38803429

First and foremost I’d like to start off by saying this house was in such dilapidated state we were able to fix a lot of things that we didn’t even charge the customer for. We are not responsible for existing electrical problems in their home. Their solar system is working flawlessly. The air conditioning system we were only to change out the equipment we had nothing to do with the existing ductwork nor did we state in our contract that we would change up any ductwork. I personally have tried to work with the AC company to give the customer my contractors price in replacing the ductwork. The work that we performed there is all running and working properly the problem she had with the coil was due to the fact that the tenant that’s living there never changed out the air filters in the house is fairly dirty. I also spent out of my pocket to replace the entire roof of their detached garage so that we could install Solar Panels there in Lou of putting them on the back of our existing house roof because it was in such bad shape. I have been in business for over 14 years unfortunately we’re not able to please everyone and unfortunately customers think because they spent $77,000 that we’re going to fix everything that’s wrong with her home well that’s not the case. The bottom line is we did what our contract said to do and even more at no extra cost. .

07/20/2020

Ricky S.

It took way to long to get the project done. All we were told were excuses and it was someone else’s fault. And now trying to get help with why we still have a high electric bill, after we were told it would be next to nothing, we can not get any help with it. From the contractor or the subcontractors working for for him. If we had hindsight, we would never had done it with them.

Description of Work
Solar panel installation.

Category solar panels

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

I would like to start off by saying that the Solar system that was sold to this customer is working flawlessly it is actually producing a little bit more than what was stated on the contract unfortunately customers don’t understand when we Build a system per their usage of electricity we base it on a 12 month average bear for some months during the summer peak months the customer will have a small electric bill as well as the solar payment they choose not to pay cash for them. I agree It did take a little time we did have a few issues in sealing the carport ceiling to make it watertight we have diligently been in contact with the customers and have had numerous people out there to fix it. I am an a rated contractor on Angies List for a reason we stand behind our products and our workmanship but from time to time we do have flaws in the system.These customers have my personal cell number and I have responded back to every text email or phone call that they have given me.

05/28/2020

Cris F.

I could not have been more pleased with Chris Barnhardt and his crew. We needed what we though was a very straight-forward repair on four support posts that were rotted. Chris came out and gave a detailed estimate that was very reasonable and more complete than several others I received, and we signed a contract. Communication and timeliness were excellent throughout the process, and once permits and plans were complete, work on the balcony started. That's when things took some very unexpected turns as we found more and more rotted wood on the first and second story framing. We required a change order to accomplish all of the things that we found wrong, and given the scope of the final project, I just had to get the work done and worry about the cost later. In the end, Chris's crew replaced about 80% of the entire balcony, salvaging whatever areas they could. And the final product looks great! The additional cost was very fair and reasonable. I will hire Chris again in the future and highly recommend him for any general contractor requirements! Fair price, quality work -- it doesn't get any better!

Description of Work
Replace four second story balcony support posts

Category decks, architect

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

05/16/2020

Michael M.

Outstanding quality, service, price. Took the time to look at the entire picture of the repairs needed to make sure it got done right. Have used them many times, and never disappointed.

Description of Work
repairs to facia and roof line

Category remodeling, architect

Work Completed On 05/16/2020

12/27/2019

Cleto D.

perfect excellent service I looking forward to do more business with them

Description of Work
I need a new Roof plus a new ac and also I wants to do solar with them

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, roofing, solar panels

Work Completed On 12/10/2019

12/27/2019

jose S.

excelente servicio muy profesional los recomiendo 100%

Description of Work
un aire acondicionado nuevo con mucha eficiencia y capacidad y eventualmente paneles solares

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling

Work Completed On 12/16/2019

Review for Barnhardt Construction LLC - 26221 Pheasant Run, Wesley Chapel, FL - 38303484

10/31/2019

Abrahame D.

Honest and fair price knows about building and remodeling homes.

Description of Work
Chris Barnhardt is the most honest general contractor that I have ever meet. He is old school contractor pay attention to every detail. I wish could find more contractor like Chris my life would be easier.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

10/15/2019

howard J.

No problems. Took less than 30 min. They were on time and we were able to schedule this within 24 hours.

Description of Work
roof inspection

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

10/03/2019

John M.

We added over 3000 square feet to our home. Our first general contractor was a disaster, suffering two strokes and abandoning the job leaving us with little more than a slab and about $40,000 in unpaid subcontractors. We interviewed many new general contractors and Chris was the most knowledgeable and experienced. We haven’t regretted our decision. Chris accurately estimated time and money, quickly and efficiently finished the project, would always accommodate changes along the way, and knew how to technically achieve things that other contractors that I talked to did not know how to do. We are going to have Chris do more work for us.

Description of Work
Large Home Addition

Category concrete driveways, remodeling, home builders

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

08/19/2019

Virginia M.

This bathroom remodel was especially important to us as new parents, since we needed this little slice of heaven for ourselves. So when everything went WRONG with the guys we initially hired, I was so grateful we found Mr. Barnhardt. Chris came in and assessed everything and got right to work. He assured us that he would make sure the project was completed as we envisioned it, and fixed the current mess we were in. Chris also warrantied everything in the bathroom, and he certainly stood by his word. He fixed a couple items the other guys installed after the fact. The work HIS crew provided was flawless, but I was most impressed with Chris Barnhardt focus on making sure the customer was happy at all costs. His company is truly remarkable and Chris is an honest, nice guy all around.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

Review for Barnhardt Construction LLC - 26221 Pheasant Run, Wesley Chapel, FL - 38053539

06/11/2019

Eddy D.

Perfectly well. I never used Angels List before but Chris came to the rescue, my old contractor dropped the project at early stages and no one else wanted to fix my dream home. Chris was able to quickly jump in, find solution to complex problems, suggest cost effective solutions, and be able to manage the entire thing from start to finish. What kind of work you ask? Plumbing, Framing, Roofing, Kitchen, Bathroom, Dry walling, Flooring, Termite, Roof, A/C, Doors, Windows. You name it, he did it. I highly recommend Chris for your project, he will provide solutions that will work for you.

Description of Work
Entire House Rebuild

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, fencing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, masonry, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, water heater repair, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, stucco, home remodeling, doors, mudjacking

Work Completed On 03/30/2019

Review for Barnhardt Construction LLC - 26221 Pheasant Run, Wesley Chapel, FL - 37924628

02/23/2019

Roger P.

Chris and his team did a great job. Very pleased with the quality of work. Chris worked around my busy work schedule, had great follow up to ensure work met my expectations. We even fit in a few extra jobs along the way. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
complete remodel of outdoor kitchen and indoor fireplace, mount tvs inside and out; remove mirror wall and retexture; other odd jobs

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, stucco

Work Completed On 02/04/2019

Review for Barnhardt Construction LLC - 26221 Pheasant Run, Wesley Chapel, FL - 37729232