Horizon Pool & Patio

Founded 1985 • With Angi since August 2010

12785 W Forest Hill Blvd Ste A

Wellington, FL 33414

Horizon Pool and Patio is a family owned and operated business. Faithfully serving the Western communities of Palm Beach County for over 26 years. We are the local experts for ALL your pool and patio needs....

07/14/2018

David B.

I was very disappointed in the poor quality of Horizon’s work. The company was hired to install and program a circuit board, but left the job site without ensuring the work was completed. I immediately fired Horizon after followup discussions with the tech and the manufacturer. A factory-authorized tech from another company completed the job, and informed me that the board wasn’t programmed correctly. In the future, I may reconsider Horizon if the owners are able to demonstrate that their techs are adequately trained and supervised.

Description of Work
Install and program customer-supplied circuit board

04/20/2017

Richard S.

Horizon did a complete remodel of my aging pool and the results were stunning. The owner and staff made the project painless and provided much needed creative ideas. Horizon has been a keystone in the Wellington community and should definitely be considered for your pool and spa needs.

Description of Work
Pool remodel

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

Thank you so much for the great review [Member Name Removed]! We love helping our customers transform their pools into a beautiful backyard oasis. So glad that you are happy with the outcome!

02/10/2017

George W.

Their process was well thought out, and proceeded in a timely, efficient manner. They were punctual, professional, and cleaned up thoroughly after each phase. The team made some good suggestions, and were quite responsive when I asked to add services to the original request. The finished product looks great...like new, and the new side jets create much improved excellent water circulation. This is the second time Horizon has resurfaced our pool. The fist job lasted over 10 years, and made it an easy choice to bring them back. The staff has been very helpful in getting the pool back into great swimming condition. I would highly recommend Horizon for resurfacing and other pool maintenance and remodel projects.

Description of Work
I asked to Horizon to resurface my residential swimming pool. This included repairing 5 cracks, and removing 5 old fashion returns on the pool floor, and replacing those with new return lines and sidewall return jets.

10/14/2016

Jaime K.

When we had our home inspected initially (2014) we were recommended to use Horizon for the inspection. Chuck Grove did a great job with the inspection and because of that we used them to drain and acid wash the entire pool when we first moved in. Jake one of the technicians at the time (he is no longer employed here or so I've been told), did the acid wash. The pool looked amazing, I asked him to also replace all of the burnt out light bulbs while the pool was drained. We never really inspected his work but when our pool maintenance guy came out he noticed the spa which is attached to the pool was not acid washed, also the light fixtures were not reattached and 2 of the 3 were hanging out of the side of the pool. The lights were an easy fix and a little muriatic acid directly in the spa seemed to help, so we never complained. Soon after we settled in one of our pumps broke and we called Horizon out again to replace it. The technician installed the pump while we were away at work. The pump is functional and what we asked for, but obviously our pipes are set a little high so the new pump couldn't sit comfortably on the ground. The technician had taken a piece of pressed wood board and slid it under the pump so it was at the proper height. Again an easy fix as we replaced it with a cement block. Finally, more recently, we had our fountains not functioning well, we assumed it was a faulty check valve and our heater kept over heating and throwing up and error code. We should have chosen another company, but being busy and knowing these guys knew our weird set up for the spa pump, we called them to come out and diagnose our issues. We placed a call on a Saturday and they said they would get someone out in the next week. No show and no call for the entire week. The following week I was lucky enough to be at home when the technician finally did show up. He said he couldn't figure out our pipes and would have to get their "engineer" out here to figure it out, so he offered no solution to our fountains. I told him I would like to have one of the check valves replaced and hopefully that would remedy our issue, he agreed. The heater he turned on and said "it's working just fine". I told him he had to wait a few minutes before it would read some outrageous temperature and throw up an error code. As soon as the error code popped up he said "the thermostat is bad". He left and said he would call and give me a quote. He literally was at my home no more than 10 minutes and flipped only one switch. I waited over a week and a half for a quote. In the mean time I had called someone that came highly recommended. They came out and did a thorough evaluation of all the issues. Come to find out our fuel line was clogged in the heater and changing the valve out definitely fixed our fountain issues. In the technician's "estimate" message he left me (while I was out of the country on vacation) he said he would call back and see about scheduling. He never did call back. Here we are about 2 months out from our initial call and I get a bill for $85 service call. The only service he provided was turning on the heater and pronouncing it working until I made him wait a few minutes for it to act up. I would have let it all go and not divulge all the incomplete jobs if I hadn't gotten a bill for the shoddiest service call ever. I will pay the bill of course, but will never call Horizon again for anything and I surely wouldn't recommend them. Chuck Grove though...very nice man, wish the whole company was more like him. Dates and costs are estimated as our phones don't have records that far back.

Description of Work
Acid washed pool, replaced light bulbs I pool and fountains, replaced pump and finally a service call regarding pool heater and fountains not functioning well.

02/24/2016

Pattie C.

Jason cleans my pool weekly. John Kenbeek, the service manager, came out and spoke to me about a pool cleaner that was not working properly that I had purchased recently from Horizon Pools. He took it in for maintenance. He also quoted me to replace the light in my pool and sent another guy out today to work up an estimate on some other repairs needed. Very professional and responsive.

Description of Work
I use Horizon Pool & Patio.

10/04/2015

Jeff C.

Appointment was made for Monday between 3 and 6 pm. I don't recall the exact date but early Sept. No call No show. Called office the next morning and was told that the technician would call me soon. Received call within 15 mins. and was told that they had him covered up with work and he wouldn"t be able to get to me today either but would be here Wed. morning. No explanation why I wasn't informed by either him or the office. Technician showed up Wed morning and looked at my hot tub and asked if I had a square drive to extract the screws for the panel because he didn't know if he had one. He did have one and proceeded to open the hot tub. After opening the panel and observing the pump, he turned it on and said I had a bad impeller, which I already knew since it wasn't pumping water. He spent the next 1/2 hour taking pictures and on the phone with I presume the parts house. I had to leave do to a doctors appointment, but my wife was told he would get back to me with an estimate tomorrow. He called on Friday morning, not Thursday, and quoted me a price of $600.00 to replace the pump, 400.00 for the pump and 200.00 for labor. I said that was too much and I would have to do something else. I replaced it myself in 15 mins with a pump I ordered online for 365.00. I am not complaining about the price because I realize markups are added but $200.00 for 15 mins labor is a bit high. I have received a bill for the $85.00 service call and I will pay but maybe I should bill them for my time waiting all afternoon for a no show no call appointment. My major complaint is the missed appointment and no communications.

Description of Work
Service tech came out and told me I had a bad pump and would get me an estimate to repair. I already knew I had a bad pump, that's why I called them.

02/08/2015

Elliot L.

Called to arrange for estimate. Owner, Chuck Grove came at appointed time, gave me good advice on what needed to be done ( I had already researched on web and had spoken to a few other providers), and gave me a detailed written estimate and full description of what would be done and an approximate schedule. Very professional. Prices were very good too. I decided to go ahead and we scheduled the work. Everything was done when scheduled and done well. During the process I called with a few questions and got a call back from Chuck with the answers within a business day. At completion there was one minor issue which I called Chuck about and it was resolved within 2 days. Very professional and satisfactory job at a very good price and I would not hesitate to use Horizon again or to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Resurfaced older pool with diamondbrite. Replaced old heat pump, booster pump motor; installed salt/Cl system.

09/24/2014

Deborah C.

I've only used them one time and they were reliable. They came out when they said and they finished when they said. They are no longer in my service area and they charge.

Description of Work
They did some work on my pool.

Category pool cleaners

The person posting this review is not a customer of our company. The address they provided is not in our service area and the name is not on our customer list. Please provide us with more information so that we can respond if necessary, or remove this review if it was posted to our company in error. Thank you

10/25/2013

Janet R.

Everyone I encountered from the time I placed the call to the technicians was a positive experience. They were highly responsive and punctual and courteous while doing the work. There seemed to be good communication and oversight among the employees which was reassuring. Once all the work was done, we had some questions about the newly installed heater. Chuck (president) was willing to come by and go over things so we felt comfortable working the pumps and the heater. We appreciate his time and the hard work his staff showed throughout the installation process. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Installed a pool heater, pump work, and LED lights for the pool

06/25/2013

Tim T.

They were responsive and did everything that we had wanted. Everything went well.

Description of Work
They opened my pool for the summer season.

Black Gold Contractors

From Boca Raton to Jupiter, we provide kitchen & bathroom renovations, porcelain & marble installations, hardwood & engineered wood flooring installations, custom millwork installations including doors, baseboards, crown molding, wainscoting & more, specialty projects such as stone projects & fireplaces, interior & exterior paint and many other home projects. We are committed to giving you exceptional service and a full renovation experience. We love completing projects on time. From the first day that we meet you, we will send you a fully detailed proposal for your entire project. During our pre-walk through we bring in our team to meet you and finalize key details. We help you select the best products for your home to ensure a beautiful outcome. We project manage from start to finish so you don't have to stress. Check our portfolio and live updates via Instagram @blackgoldcontractors

GE SERVICE GROUP

Kitchen renovations - Bathrooms renovations- Handyman service - new construction- Home additions-

InnoTech Construction, Inc.

InnoTech Construction is locally owned and operated out of West Palm Beach, FL. We provide a wide range of home services. Please call us for an estimate today.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Pool Maintenance (Residential and Commercial), All Aspects of Pool and Spa Repairs, Pool Renovations and Resurfacing, Heat Pumps and Solar Pool Heating, Pool Automation, Pool Cleaners, Pumps and Filters, Pool Lessons and Inspections, Retail Pool Supply Store providing expert pool water analysis and recommendations.

New Pool Construction