Treasure Coast Piano Tuning

Founded 1987 • With Angi since December 2008

6595 Barbados Ct

Vero Beach, FL 32967

We offer in-home service of your piano. If your piano has been tuned in the past two years, our fee is $125 per tuning. Please see our website, https://qualitypianotuning.net/, for a detailed list of our training and experience....

09/14/2016

LINDA C.

Ned Klein did a masterful job. My piano had not been tuned in 3-4 years and had just completed an arduous cross-country move from Virginia to Southern California. First, Ned tuned the piano and brought the sound up to a warm tone. I had him come back a couple weeks later to literally take the piano apart, sand off the worn layers of felt on the keys and adjust all the mechanisms. The result is a glorious, rich sound that turns my living room into a virtual concert hall. An added plus: Ned is a colorful raconteur and music historian who entertains you with great stories of famous people and their pianos. He is even publishing a book about the characters he has met.

Description of Work
A major tuning and maintenance of my 50-year-old Yamaha Conservancy grand piano.

08/30/2016

Caroline B.

Excellent. He was on time, personable, and very knowledgeable. Highly recommended. Not the cheapest, but probably not the most expensive too; you pay for what you get. Fixed the piano on the spot, he had all the parts and everything.

Description of Work
Piano tuning and repair

07/03/2015

Ronald G.

Ned was prompt for the appointment, courteous, very knowledgeable, and helpful to me in my ultimate decision-making.

Description of Work
Ned evaluated my old piano to let me know whether or not it was worth the cost of restoring and tuning it.

02/09/2015

Dave S.

They were great, they did a really good job and I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
We have a new piano that they needed to do a full piano tuning on.

12/22/2014

Jack J.

Everything went well from beginning to end. The phone was answered promptly and the appointment was set for a good date. A price expectation was clearly communicated. Ned arrived to do the work on time, a proper estimate was given and the work was well done.

Description of Work
Tuned my baby grand piano. It was way out of tune because it hadn't been tuned in many years. In fact Ned Klein said that it may have never been properly tuned to the correct pitch. Then Ned came back a few days later and fine tuned the piano.

11/20/2014

Cynthia B.

Having Ned of Quality Piano Tuning service my piano was a great experience from the first phone call (to which he responded quickly, offering several available appointments within the next week) to providing the actual service, showing up right on time. I appreciated Ned's taking a little time up front to assess the needs of my piano, so that I knew specifically what work was required and the cost before he began. At my request, he added the partial voicing, to improve the beauty and evenness of tone (well worth the small additional cost!). Throughout, not only was Ned knowledgeable and efficient but he was also careful of the space in my home in which he was working. Additionally, he took the time when he was finished to answer some questions I had about finding a new piano instructor, even providing several names and a web site to help me in my search. I am delighted to have found my new go-to piano technician! Thanks, Ned! See you next time!

Description of Work
Enhanced tuning and partial voicing of my Boston upright

10/09/2014

Christine R.

Ned Klein knows everything about the piano. The board covering the keys was stuck and couldn't be slid in or out. He took the whole thing apart and repaired it so it works. He not only tuned the piano but also noticed that the felt coverings on the keys were battened down over so much use. With his magical tool he was able to soften the felt of each key and the tone is like it was when it was new. When I initially contacted him, he called me back the same day and we made a mutually convenient time for him to come to repair my piano. I will not use anyone else from now on.

Description of Work
He tuned the piano and repaired the board covering the keys.

03/20/2014

ROY R.

Left a message to Ned via phone and email a few weeks ago to schedule tuning and maintenance. He called later that day to schedule. Fast forward to the day of the scheduled appointment. Ned called in the morning to confirm our appointment. He showed on exactly on time. He mentioned that he would first assess the issues with the piano (I had mentioned to him that some keys make clicking noises, 1 rattled, and a few were noticeably out of tune.) Following the assessment, he broke down multiple options with various price points, mentioning I can just get a few of the key items repaired, repair all of the issues, or include a full tuning. He mentioned that for the repairs, there was no guarantee that the issues would be fully repaired due to the age of the piano (it's "officially" an antique over 100 years old!) , but stated that he was fairly confident (I appreciated the honesty!) All options were very, very reasonable, and I opted to have all the work done. He gave me an estimate on how long it would take, and then began his work. Ned completed all the repairs and tuning quickly. The items he mentioned where there was no guarantee that he could fix - he indeed did fix wonderfully! I had mentioned it's a beautiful instrument, and I had enjoyed hearing him "test drive his work" playing some Gershwin. Ned far exceeded my expectations, and the piano came out sounding beautiful. I'm much more satisfied with Ned's work versus my prior piano tuner, who was highly recommended but left some lingering issues. I plan to use Ned for future piano tuning.

Description of Work
Minor piano repair - clicking keys, sticky keys, a rattling key, minor voicing, full piano tuning.

02/20/2014

Miho T.

I scheduled an appointment for Mr. Klein to tune my piano at 9am today, 2/20/2014. He called to confirm our appt yesterday, and today, he showed up at 9am. He spent several minutes checking the whole piano for cracks, broken parts, general condition, and how much tuning would be needed and then presented me with a written estimate for the tuning and minor work (some keys were overly bright) to make the sound of each key more even. Mr. Klein explained everything clearly and gave me options on what he could do to improve the sound of my piano. I decided to do everything he recommended because his price was reasonable. He stayed for about 1.75 hours and he took a short break in the middle. During his break, he researched the serial number on my piano and told me its history which I have never known. In the end, I have a lovely sounding, well tuned, old upright piano and a very happy daughter who loves to play.

Description of Work
1) enhanced tuning to raise pitch to standard pitch; 2) hammer needling to improve evenness of tone

01/12/2014

Loretta D.

We had just moved, so our piano needed adjustment. Mr, Klein confirmed the date and arrival time several times, gave a full cost estimate including initial diagnosis and several upgrades. We chose the most thorough upgrade since our piano hadn't been tuned in several years. Mr. Klein is very knowledgeable and explained every part of the process of tuning and repairing our piano. I will definitely call on him again in the future.

01/10/2014

ELENA C.

Every aspect of our interaction was delightful -- thorough, professional and exceeding my expectations. I first contacted Ned on 01/06/14 to inquire about his services, and he offered to come over that same day or the next. We ended up settling on 01/10/14, and he showed up promptly at the appointed time. He explained his process to me, and within less than 10 minutes, he had evaluated the condition of the piano, strings and hammers. He reviewed with me a written, prioritized list of recommended services, explaining the pros and cons of each. Since my piano was so far out of tune, his assessment was that it needed at least two tunings, as well as a couple of additional services. He worked steadily for about 3 hours, which was what he had estimated. The piano sounds wonderful! And I'm looking forward to seeing Mr Klein again a year from now!

Description of Work
Tuned a 40 year old upright Kimball that hadn't been tuned in about 15 years.

01/09/2014

Rosemary B.

Ned was very easy to work with. He answered our initial call immediately and quoted us a price that was what he charged us. We needed our baby grand piano tune after three years and a recent move. He did a great job and seemed very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Tuned my baby grand piano.

12/11/2013

MaryJane V.

It went very well, we could not be more pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Ned Klein tuned and repaired my 1912 Baldwin baby grand piano. The piano sounds wonderful now and we are confident that he did a great job. He was prompt, professional and courteous. He provided a quote before beginning the work and then completed everything in the amount of time he said it would take. I will have him tune my piano every year as is recommended.

12/03/2013

Bruce F.

We found Ned on Angie's List. I left my contact information on his web site, and he phoned me in a reasonable amount of time. He was pleasant and professional on the phone and explained what his baseline fee is and what it included. We were able to make an appointment for the following week. He phoned the day prior to the appointment to confirm. He then arrived 5 minutes before the scheduled appointment time and reconfirmed what he was planning to do. He evaluated the piano for about 10 minutes, then provided us with a written proposal. He then discussed the pros and cons of the proposal with no pressure whatsoever. He spent about 2 hours adjusting the piano and it sounded marvelous! Ned is intelligent, articulate, and knowledgable. We will use him again and recommend him to others without reservation.

Description of Work
Enhanced tuning (the piano had not been tuned for years, and was way off necessitating more than the usual amount of time and effort); the fee for this was $125 rather than the standard $95. We also opted to have the piano "partially voiced" for an additional $25; this involved changing the degree of hardness of some strikers such that the same amount of pressure on the key results in the same volume from each key stroke.

09/05/2013

Peter B.

I had a 100-year old piano (not a concert antique or anything, more like something that came from a Western saloon), inherited from a friend, that had been moved a couple of times and was in dire need of tuning, had some broken strings, and had several old ivory keys that had fallen off and needed replacing. I wanted the piano tuned on fairly short notice for a party. I called Ned and he came out a couple of days later. He offered to tune the piano to itself (rather than to concert pitch) for less, which was fine with us. He did a fine job. He also removed broken strings, and replaced the ivory keys -- although the parts on such an old piano are far from uniform, he found replacements that fit perfectly. The piano remains in good tune, and I can no longer tell which keys are the ones he replaced. Ned was also very fast and professional, but friendly -- he talked to us for a while about the piano and its manufacturer, who we'd never heard of. I'll definitely be using Ned for piano tuning from now on.

Description of Work
Tuned piano, replaced keys.

06/11/2013

Brendalyn R.

Ned was great! He called the morning of to confirm the appointment time was still good for me, then showed up on time. I was recently given the piano and am pretty clueless about pianos in general. Ned looked at it for a few minutes then gave me a written proposal (in order of priority) of what needed to be done and talked me through my options. We came up with a plan and he started working. Once the piano was taken apart, he took the time to tell me about what makes a piano a piano (basically how everything works). It was fascinating! Ned did a fantastic job with both the repair & the education! I've already begun recommending him to my friends!

Description of Work
Baby Grand Piano: tuned piano, leveled & needled the hammers, appraisal

05/30/2013

LORI D.

Ned Klein did a wonderful job in tuning my piano.

Description of Work
They tuned my 30 year old baby grand piano.

05/28/2013

Jenny R.

Ned was very professional and concise. He was great at explaining everything he was doing so I learned a thing or two about my piano. He custom built a part for my piano and returned in a few weeks to intsall it. I was given a phone call during the interim to let me know what his progress was. I feel his prices were fair considering the quality of work he did. I would definitely recommend him. The piano he was working on was built in 1906 and had been moved several times without being tuned so it definitely needed some help.

Description of Work
My 100 year old piano was tuned and the hammers aligned. He also custom built a part to fix the middle peddle.

Category piano tuning, musical instrument repair

04/23/2013

William P.

In all, it was a very pleasant experience. I was able to make an appointment with one call. Ned arrived at our home when he said he would. He was very professional -- he set right to work, clearly knew what he was doing, was comfortable and responsive to my questions, and did what he said he would do. In addition to having a piano that sounds great, I learned much more about piano tuning than I previously knew. I plan to call Ned next time my piano needs to be tuned.

Description of Work
We have an upright piano that had not been tuned for several years. Ned came to the house, evaluated the piano for possible damage (and found none), provided an estimate for all work, and tuned the piano. The process took approximately 2.5 hours.

04/07/2013

Paula S.

We have an older piano that had not been tuned for years, so it needed a little extra time. Ned responded to my email inquiry within a few hours and set up an appointment for the following week. He gave me a ballpark figure based on his experience and the details I gave in regard to the condition of the piano. He arrived on time and assessed the piano. Ned showed me the inner workings of my piano and gave a great detailed assessment of the current condition and what I could expect in the years to come. He gave me a written estimate to do the tuning, and a couple of optional services to improve the overall playability of the piano. I chose to have all the work done and am very pleased that I did. The piano sounds better than I ever remember it sounding. The work was done quickly and right on schedule with what he predicted. The price was also right in the range he predicted on the phone during our first conversation. I am extremely pleased.

Description of Work
Piano tuning, adjust motion of keys, and needling of hammers.

03/01/2013

Peter W.

Ned was on time, professional, knowledgeable, and did a great job. It was a pleasure to have him come and tune the piano.

Description of Work
Ned tuned my piano.

02/14/2013

Sherry & Bob B.

Ned was very professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with. He responded to my email and phone call quickly and gave me the information needed to assure me he could repair our piano. He arrived on time and fully explained the work to be done and the cost involved. To top it off he gave us an education in piano tuning as he explained the parts and workings of our piano. I will defiantly call him next year for another tuning - our piano sounds wonderful and we are very happy that it could be repaired at such a reasonable price.

Description of Work
piano tuning and repair of our grand piano

02/02/2013

SALLY H.

First of all, Ned is very responsive. He immediately understood my situation. He's easy to talk to. I was buying a Grand Piano, but i wasn't sure about it's quality. So, he went to the piano and checked it out to be sure it was a quality instrument. He called me and i could tell he was excited for me to have the opportunity to own this beautiful piano. I knew I was getting a good deal on a magnificent piano. I felt at ease. As soon as he could, he was at my house tuning it. He worked quickly, always being sure that I knew every step of the way everything that was going on. I am ecstatic to have him as my piano tuner forever!!!

Description of Work
Ned Klein best piano tuner in the world! He checked out a piano for me before i purchased it. Told me everything about it so I was comfortable knowing I was buying a wonderful instrument. He came to my house and quickly tuned it beautifully. He's a super nice guy, a total professional. HE IS THE BEST!!!

01/24/2013

RUTH A.

I have a fully restored Mason Hamlin baby grand that I haven't played in some years, and its last tuning was at least 3 years ago. Called Ned after reading the reviews and scheduled for an afternoon the following week. Ned arrived right on time and got right to work to assess the condition of the piano. Shortly he gave me several options and explained the pros/cons of each. The job was completed within an hour and I have subsequently enjoyed playing my well tuned instrument. Will be using Ned for a regular annual tuning to keep the piano in perfect sound.

Description of Work
Ready to Play

01/11/2013

William J.

My upright piano had not been tuned in over ten years, and so I called Ned yesterday to set up an appointment. He arrived the next day on-time and was ready to get to work immediately. He first inspected the piano thoroughly and wrote up a list of all of the work he thought should be done to get the piano back into playing shape. The list was sorted by order of importance so I could more easily choose what work I wanted to be done. I ended up agreeing to having all of the work done since I felt the price was reasonable -- at no point did he make me feel pressured to do any of the work. As he was working, he seemed happy to answer any questions I had about pianos in general as well as the work he was doing on mine. You can tell he is very enthusiastic about pianos and has a ton of knowledge about them that he is willing to share. It took Ned about three hours from start to finish, and now the piano sounds so much better! Thanks, Ned! I will definitely be using him for the (now) annual tuning, which he says will cost $95.

Description of Work
Pitch was raised to standard pitch, piano was fine tuned, lost motion + hammer blow regulation improved sensitivity of touch, partial voicing improved the beauty of tone.

Piano Tuning
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Piano tuning & repair for home, studio, or concert hall.

Electric keyboard repair, organ repair, piano moving, piano refinishing