HOSKINS PEST CONTROL INC

Founded 1987 • With Angi since May 2010

119 CORPORATION WAY A

Venice, FL 34285

Hoskins Pest Control, Inc. has been doing business in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte counties and Boca Grande for 25 years. We offer eco-friendly pest control using low impact pesticides and chemicals. We service residential, commercial and nautical accounts. We have been "green certified" by the Certified Pest Control Operators of Florida. We also are active members of the Venice Chamber of Commerce, Venice Board of Realtors, Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, North Port Area Chamber of Commerce and Better Business Bureau....

11/10/2018

Grace C.

We cannot say enough positive about Hoskins, particularly Jim & Andrew! After fighting the problem for 2 years & working with other companies who basically were just interested in setting traps in the attic & walking away when they caught nothing, we were fortunate to be referred to Hoskins. Jim & Andrew never gave up! They told my mom they wouldn't give up until the problem was found & fixed & they did just that, even calling in additional technology as needed. They were so wonderful with my elderly mother who had about given up. We could not be more pleased & relieved at the outcome & remain very grateful to them (as well as ongoing customers for routine services). We wouldn't use anyone else.

Description of Work
Getting rid of rats & determining how they were entering the house

04/10/2018

Gaill B.

We've been using Hoskins for a few years now. They are effective and respond quickly if we have a problem. Our serviceman, Greg, has been doing our home and yard for the last year and we are very happy with his attention to detail. He even wipes down the cobwebs on our lanai and pool cage, just another way to control bugs. Their price is reasonable and based on the size of the job.

Description of Work
Pest control

01/31/2018

Tana C.

It was a very difficult job. Other pest control companies set a couple of traps and then said there was nothing else they could do. Hoskins kept with it over several weeks. They coordinated with the plumbing company to finally diagnose where the issue was and resolve it. I cannot say enough positive things about the company and in particular the two technicians who worked with my mom and me: Andrew and Jim. They went above and beyond, reassuring her that they would not give up until the problem was solved. Extremely professional and kind. I was so impressed with them and the company. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Control of rat infestation

06/21/2017

lisa M.

It went as promised. They seemed honest and fair. Sales and service were professional. They offer a 2 year warranty against termites.

Description of Work
Dry wood termite eradication

05/19/2015

Brenda C.

When Jim arrived, my window contractors arrived at the same time and I needed to go over some details on the install of the windows with them, which ended up only taking a few minutes. But this meant that I was not able to see exactly what Jim was doing, which turned out to be a disaster. He did everything so quickly (less than 10 minutes) that he was leaving my condo at the same time my window contractors were leaving. I then went back through my unit to see if everything was okay since Hoskins had sent over someone whom I knew nothing about and whom I had never seen until he appeared at my condo. Everything was not okay and I realized immediately I would never call Hoskins again. Their employee, Jim, had left a 3 1/2 ft. x 1 1/2 ft. ?puddle? of clear liquid (from his spray bottle??) in the middle of my living room wood floor, ?and? a ?trail? of liquid (which was 1&1/2 feet away from my entire living room wall) and ran the entire length of the living room wall on one side. The spraying is (and had always been) done at the junction of the floors and walls. Plus, in one of the 2 bedrooms there was a stream of liquid (sitting on ?top? of the entire carpeting?) approximately 8? away from all of the walls. The bedroom closet, the office closet, and the hallway closet were not even sprayed nor was the exterior of my condo.

Description of Work
I started using Hoskins Pest Control, 119 Corporation Way, Venice, FL 34285 for the last four years to spray for pests (inside and outside) of my condominium. The same individual, Alex, came once a year during these 4 years and I was extremely pleased with his meticulousness in doing the spraying both inside and outside my condo. However, that all changed recently, when I called Hoskins for service and was told that Alex had moved away and they had a new person, Jim, who would be servicing my unit. This is when my problems started.

12/10/2012

Timothy M.

We called Hoskin's Pest Control because of a referral from our neighbor. The salesman responded in a timely manner. The person who actually did the work arrived the next day or so. The worker hung netting along the roof in the area where the bats had taken up residence under our barrel tile. The employee explained that once the bats left for the night they would not be able to find their way back in under the tile. The worker said he would be back in about a week. After two phone calls from me the employee returned about a week and a half later and took down the netting then sealed up the openings using common foam pipe wrap and shoving it into the openings. It was not my understanding from the meeting with the salesman that sealing the openings would be done in this manner. I feel the foam does not provide a very secure barrier because of the gaps between the tile and foam wrap. Checking this morning I think the bats may have returned.

Description of Work
Relocate bats that had taken up residence in our barrel tile roof and seal up the openings so the bats can't return. The POE was above our front door so we were continually cleaning up a mess.

07/19/2012

Elizabeth C.

I am very very positive toward this company.

Description of Work
This is an annual plan. They spray for bugs.

07/12/2012

Caryn P.

They are pet friendly too. We have birds and used to have a dog and they were fine with this when they spray inside. make sure it's safe. They do the inside and outside every other month. We have been using them for 11 years.

Description of Work
They do our lawn, the fertalize and take car of whatever we need at the time.

05/23/2012

Georgiann H.

I have used them for 4 years and if I have a problem with insects in-between treatments they will come back and spray again at no charge. I like it that they respond and take care of the problem. I have never had any issues that they did not respond to. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I use Hoskins Pest Control for quarterly pest control.

05/14/2012

David K.

They have been very reliable and thorough. They will come back if you need additional help.

Description of Work
They do my pest control.

Hawx Pest Control

Suncoast Pest Control Inc

Since 1993, Suncoast Pest Control has provided the state of Florida with affordable, reliable pest control solutions for homes and commercial businesses. A family-owned and operated pest control company, our roots are in St. Petersburg, Florida, but thanks to an ever-growing list of satisfied customers, our reach has expanded to serving both the East and West Coasts of Florida, with offices in Tampa, Spring Hill, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Naples, Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Throughout our 20+ years in business, we’ve maintained an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. We employ only licensed exterminators and our expert technicians receive ongoing education to ensure they’re using the latest tools and methods in the industry. We believe in utilizing only environmentally-friendly pest control methods as well as products that won’t harm you or your family. Charges by square footage. No travel charges. No service fee. No service charge. May contact through email. Additional phone - (305) 599-0990, (954) 524-0111, (888) 276-2474. Additional email - customercare@suncoastpestcontrol.com. Additional contact names - Loretta MacDonald. Miami Location: 65 west 16th street Hialeah, FL 33010 Ft Myers Location: 16880 gator road suite #119 Ft Myers, FL 33912

Offers by Suncoast Pest Control Inc on Angi
    Arrow Termite & Pest Control

Arrow Termite & Pest Control strives to provide quality services and consumer satisfaction to keep families, businesses and non-profits pest free. Arrow Termite & Pest Control serves Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas with sister companies in Alabama and Florida. The company is still a family owned-business with the same core values as its origins. The Cohn family and Arrow Termite & Pest Control are active participants in several charitable organizations in the communities they service. Attention: If you purchase a service through Angie's List, please provide us with a good phone number and contact information so we can give you the best service right away. Award winning. Cost is determined by the job.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available

Monthly, Bi-Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annual and one-time Services Lawn & Ornamental Carpenter Ant Specialist Fire Ant Control Flea and Tick Control Gas Injection Capabilities Rodent Proofing and Trapping Bat Prevention & Exclusions Termite Inspection & Treatment Subterranean Termite Control No Tent Drywood Termite Service Nautical Services for Pest Control