LARRY THE HANDYMAN GUY, LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since March 2009

2707 CEDARCREST PLACE

Valrico, FL 33596

I am RETIRED NOW, I want to thank all my customers for their support, great reviews and loyalty...

12/27/2018

Todd M.

Went very well deffently will use in future projects.

Description of Work
Front door install and some trim work

Category contractors, handyman service

07/16/2018

Martha F.

Larry was great , will use again ran electric line to light and installed over garage

Description of Work
install Ring Flood light

05/23/2018

Nigel D.

My wife and I just moved to the Tampa area and I had a long list of projects that needed to be done. I found Larry on Angie's List and decided to give him a try. From the outset he delivered A+ service on every level. He is prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, very reasonably priced, and does each job as if he was working on his own home. Larry helped me with several projects over a six week period and I will definitely hire him again in the future, and can recommend him without any reservation.

Description of Work
Hung televisions, fans, assembled desks, shelves, installed lights, constructed garage shelves, hung laundry room cabinets, installed a closet system, multiple mirrors, and several large pictures in a newly built house.

Category contractors, closet systems, handyman service, lighting, home & garage organization, ceiling fans

05/09/2018

frank F.

larry arrived on time, wasted no time repairing rollers and installing new track on doors, then installed 2 new fans. doors slide like new. everything good with fans

Description of Work
had two ceiling fans installed and rollers replaced on sliding glass doors

Category electrician, handyman service, doors

03/22/2018

Barbara P.

Larry called a few days in advance to confirm appointment. He was punctual & moved quickly from task to task. He is informed, efficient, productive, courteous & friendly.

Description of Work
Multiple, assorted tasks, including cupboard door repair, leaking faucet, light fixture issues, etc.

03/15/2018

Robin L.

Great job! Definitely keeping a list to have him out again soon.

Description of Work
Moving electrical outlets and cabinet install

03/11/2018

Lita S.

I called Larry after trying to get a contractor to come repair my ceiling. It was water-damaged from my A/C overflowing. My friends had him do some carpentry for them and gave me a referral. Unfortunately, Larry could not do the work, BUT, he was kind enough to recommend a drywall company to me. They did a fantastic job and I could not be happier! When I will need his services in the future, I will call Larry first. His kindness and generosity were a welcome change.

Description of Work
Ceiling drywall repair

03/05/2018

JoAnn R.

Very well would diff. use him again

Description of Work
Replace light bulbs

Category handyman service, lighting

01/06/2018

Jon H.

Larry was punctual, very professional, and did a fantastic, quality job. Great communications all throughout the process, and I will definitely reach out to him again for any other project needs.

Description of Work
Larry installed transfer vents for two of my rooms.

12/06/2017

Steven A.

Excellent job. Could not be more pleased with Larry's service and highly recommend his service to others. Will gladly hire him again with future projects.

Description of Work
Install safety grab bars in two baths.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

11/01/2017

Mayra O.

Larry is very professional. He arrived on time at my home and installed all my ceiling fans and chandeliers. I recommend Larry to anyone!

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fans and chandeliers

Category lighting, ceiling fans

10/07/2017

Brenda S.

A++++ Service.. Larry was a true professional from beginning to end. When I first contacted him, via Angie's List, he immediately contacted me and we set up an appt. He then came to my house, reviewed what needed to be done, gave me a quote, and we then set up the installation date. Larry was very meticulous, and took his time making sure that it was done right. After installing the new doors, Larry & his assistant then did all of the trim work, caulking & the installation of the hardware (doorknob, etc), and continually checked that everything was done precisely and cleanly. Afterwards, they cleaned up the area in which the installation was done (inside & outside), and even removed all of the stickers placed on the glass.... completely cleaning them after doing so. I am very happy with the job that Larry did with my new French Doors, and would highly recommend him to anyone. I will definitely call on Larry again, if and when I need something done in my house again. His personality shines bright... but his work shines even brighter! Thanks Larry!!!

Description of Work
Remove old French Doors and Install new French Doors

Category doors

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working for you and look forward to hearing from you again.

07/13/2017

William O.

Larry did a great job , He was on time every day, worked very hard, and cleaned up at the end of each day. Larry has great pride in his work , he took his time to make sure it was done right the first time. Larry never took any shortcuts like most of the handyman I have used in the past. I will always call Larry for any work I need done in the future.

Description of Work
Built closet in home office

Category closet systems, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, doors

06/30/2017

Shelley C.

Everything is fixed and looking good.

Description of Work
repaired drywall in dining room and hole created by plumbers in bathroom shower area.

06/26/2017

John G.

I emailed Larry and he sent me back a reply quickly. He was unable to get to it for a long time but told me how to do it and where to buy the material to get it done. I would use him the next time I need something. I am not surprised he is so busy as he is a very good man.

Description of Work
Dishwasher attached to countertop

06/09/2017

Nathaniel B.

Larry is a great guy. I will be calling him again to do more work for me in the future.

Description of Work
Water softener installed.

06/02/2017

Mary F.

Great! He was reliable and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
He did some repair work on my hot tub and installed a new faucet.

05/23/2017

Tiffany S.

Another great experience! I'm so happy at how the TV looks on the wall and having the outlet near it is awesome!

Description of Work
Outlet added and TV hung outside

05/17/2017

Mark H.

After listening to what is needs to be done, Larry cherry picks jobs and and says he is booked 2 months out...code for job not important enough. Has done that to me 3 x. I give up on the guy. Don't waste your time with him

Description of Work
plumbing work

Category handyman service, plumbing

This really upsets me, this gentleman called me for an emergency plumbing job, it says in my listing I don't do emergency work, I gave him the name of a very good plumber who is also on Angie's List. also I'm not 2 months out, more like 4- 5 weeks. I explained to him that I'm a [Member Information Removed] man operation and very proud of my reviews and reputation, a reason I'm scheduled out 4 - 5 weeks. on the phone he said this was the 2nd time he has called me in a 2 year period and I couldn't help him, I'm truly sorry about that, honest, but to give an "F" because I couldn't drop what I was doing and tell my customers that I had person who expected me take care of him instead of customers who have made appointments is not fair to them. I wonder if the tables were turned and I was doing or about to do work for him and called him to tell him I couldn't help him because another customer was more important, probably get me an F rating. Unfortunately you can't please everyone. I do want to thank all my customers for all the kind reviews.

05/11/2017

Tammi H.

Excellent service, punctual, great job! Reasonably priced. Pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Various jobs around house

Category contractors, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, house painters

05/01/2017

Carolyn B.

I have an extra large double kitchen sink that was coming lose from the counter. He fixed this in less than 1 hour. He is just remarkable. Check with him about what repairs he does and he will let you know what work he does as well as what he does not do.. Top notch honest and reliable gentleman!

Description of Work
My under mounted kitchen sink came lose from the counter. Larry came to my home and told me he could do the job, explained how he would do it and gave me a quote. He is a very busy man so my appt. was six weeks out but I used my prep sink to get by. He called the previous Friday and was on time to my house as promised and completed the work exceptionally well. I could not be happier with Larry's work. I know my sink will never come apart from the counter again!!! Besides Larry's expertise in many areas, he is also an exceptionally nice individual and the price was very fair. I would hire Larry again in a heartbeat. If u anticipate needing any handyman services give him a call but call earlier than u anticipate needing him because he is very popular and booked well in advance. Thanks Larry. You are awesome!!!!

04/05/2017

Gary S.

Larry did a great job. It was a bit of a struggle since the cartridge was semi-frozen in the valve and difficult to remove. Larry, however, persevered and put everything back together perfectly. Larry is very punctual and conscientious -- he's of the old school that had pride in its work and doesn't mind working as hard and as long as it takes to get the job done right.

Description of Work
Larry replaced the shower cartridge in a single-handed Moen shower faucet. The faucet was not properly mixing hot and cold water.

04/03/2017

Sandra M.

From the initial visit and estimate to completion, Larry provided excellent and professional service. I have additional jobs that still need to be done and will be calling on him to take care of them.

Description of Work
I hired Larry to add shelving, paint a bathroom, create a closet by adding hanging bars, move a door, pressure wash a fence and porch, clean a gutter, repair the rear wall of my garage, and recaulk a shower.

03/27/2017

Mary H.

Very well. Nice guy, on time, cleaned up afterward, timed the job properly and gave me the right estimate, hauled old door away.

Description of Work
Replaced exterior door and installed dog door into it/ hung dart board on lanai in cement wall.

Category handyman service, hauling services, doors

03/03/2017

Barbara Q.

Larry came in and took care of everything. He only charged me half what the other handyman wanted to do the job. He did a great job too. He charged me $75 to mount the t.v. and another $50 to do the painting in the kitchen. He fixed the screen in my lanai for free. Tell him the first time you need him that you got his info from Angie's list and he gives you another 10 percent off. I would utilize him again for any handyman needs I have.

Description of Work
I needed a tv mounted to the wall, some painting and screen secured in my lanai.

Apex Paint and Repair

Sunrise Irrigation & Sprinklers

Whether you’re a commercial business or a homeowner, if you want a fantastic-looking lawn, you need a great water sprinkler system. That means not only having it installed correctly on the first try, but keeping it running at 100% efficiency with routine maintenance and repair. The knowledgeable professionals at Sunrise Irrigation have been making sure that residents and commercial businesses in the Tampa Bay area have amazing lawns for more than two decades. How do we do this? By using our Water Sprinkler Systems Checklist: 1. Check for clogged, broken, or leaking pipes or sprinkler heads. 2. Confirm matched precipitation. 3. Examine valves to make sure they’re functioning properly. 4. Place irrigation controller on optimal settings. 5. Verify that water coverage is head-to-head so your lawn is covered completely and evenly. 6. Ensure rain sensor functionality. Following these six steps allows us to catch most issues before they ever become problems, and keep your sprinklers running smoothly. What’s more, the fully licensed and insured professionals at Sunrise Irrigation only use industry best practices. We closely monitor industry innovations to make sure you’re getting the system that best fits your needs, including water-saving technology and other popular green practices. And we’re RainBird trained, State Certified Irrigation Contractors, and enjoy membership in both the Irrigation Association and the Florida Irrigation Society. In short, we know irrigation. Get to know us better by calling today! License SCC131151662

Ciege Pressure Wash and Lawn Care Services LLC