American Painters Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since January 2007

754 Seminole Blvd

Tarpon Springs, FL 34689

American Painters Inc. delivers a high quality paint job that will look great and last for years to come. Our philosophy of hiring the best painters, paying them what they're worth and letting them take pride in their work, backed with a labor warranty, is the key to our achieving customer satisfaction with every paint job. American Painters Inc., established in 1994, has been a member in good-standing of the Better Business Bureau with a perfect record of no unresolved complaints. We hold an active painting contractors license in Hillsborough County, Pinellas County and Pasco County. We are bonded and we carry the highest limits of workers compensation of $1,000,000 coverage and general liability insurance with $2,000,000 coverage as well as commercial auto insurance on our company vehicles. We have accounts for your convenience with all the quality paint suppliers such as Sherwin Williams, Porter, Scott Paint, Duron Paints, Color Wheel and ICI Deluxe. For your protection, always research a contractor's credentials. Being licensed and carrying insurance is the law and it is for your protection. It is also a good idea to check-out a contractor's record with the Better Business Bureau. There is a lot of prep work, skill and product knowledge involved in painting, which is why the state requires that painting contractors prove themselves through extensive testing and board review before granting them a contractor license. "Fly-by-night contractors" will cut corners to deliver a cheap job that appears at the time to be satisfactory. Without taking all the necessary steps to prepare surfaces properly and use quality products, those paint jobs won't last and will have to be redone. Un-established contractors rarely are able to stay in business, and won't be around to back up their work. Keep in mind that you are entrusting them with the most expensive asset that most of us have, our homes!...

09/10/2020

Ashley A.

From start to finish I was impressed with American Painters. I initially reached out to them on a Sunday not expecting a reply until Monday however, I was pleasantly surprised when Becky not only responded but got a quote to me that same Sunday. I scheduled them to: remove popcorn ceiling, re-texture, drywall repair, paint walls, doors, ceilings. Bob was the foreman who arrived the day work began. We did a walk through and I pointed out huge holes in the bathroom ceilings where fluorescent bulbs once resided. He patched over those and made it look as if they were never there! I also had some weird big columns in the kitchen from the previous owner making the place Greco-Roman. We had no clue what they were made of or what was underneath. I was afraid this was going to be an issue but when I discussed it with Bob, he jubilantly said it would not be a problem! Sure enough, he made it look as if they were never there. Nothing was an obstacle for this crew. They were so friendly, did everything I asked with the best attitudes. The work was done timely; I was given a time frame of one week but that was before I added all the extra work. It ended up taking 8 days total and the final cost was not far from the quote especially considering all the extra work I added on after the quote was produced. My home looks amazing! The crew did a fantastic job! They were able to beautifully preserve the crown molding which I was told by another company couldn't be done when removing popcorn ceiling. Finally I was given a follow up call to ensure I was 100% satisfied. When I mentioned there was a tiny bit of paint on the floor and was simply asking how best to remove the spot, he offered to send someone over immediately to resolve the issue. However, it was truly so tiny that was not necessary but I felt very pleased he offered. I can't imagine having a better experience. Even my neighbor saw their work and got a quote for them to do work in his home! Further testament these guys are good!

Description of Work
popcorn ceiling removal and retexture, interior painting, drywall repair

Category drywall, interior painters

Thank you so much!! Sincerely, Becky Catt American Painters Inc.

02/29/2020

Ron T.

It went very well. The estimator gave me a good price and explained their procedure, which involved a lot more than simply applying a coat of paint. And the process of pressure washing, sealing, and then painting explains why they can offer a great warranty! The team worked well together and did a great job!

Description of Work
Painting inside and outside of house

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, pressure washing, stucco, house painters, interior painters

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company, we appreciate you!

02/28/2020

Linda C.

I had extensive damage to bathroom walls and had American Painters do the repairs, texture, prime and paint. I scheduled the job through Becky. Very pleasant and willing to please. She sent out Bob and I was extremely pleased with the work. Bob did it in one day!!! Hard worker, professional, and very pleasant. I was super happy with how well Bob repaired the walls. Almost like new drywall!!!!! I highly recommend American Painters for your next paint job!

Description of Work
Repair walls, texture, Prime and Paint

Category house painters, interior painters

Thank you so much for the great review! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

01/22/2020

evan S.

American Painters is great. Everything went smoothly.

Description of Work
interior painting

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate your continued business and look forward to working with you again on any future painting needs.

12/06/2019

Charles H.

Best preparation we have ever had done. Best painting we have ever had done. Great suggestions by the foreman "Bill" on some trim changes. Overall, excellent job done by American Painters.

Description of Work
Paint the house exterior.

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Thank you so much for the great review!

12/06/2019

glen R.

Performed with professionalism and timely. Good men that appreciate good customers.

Description of Work
painting

09/19/2019

Cindy S.

It was nice. They were very good and very comfortable workers. They all did very well. The workers were good and the painters were very good.

Description of Work
They did exterior painting.

Category house painters

Thank you so much for your great review! We appreciate it and your business!

09/11/2019

Ray M.

It went well. They came out on time to provide the bid and were very professional. Their quote came in at a competitive price and I have no doubt they would have done a good job. I elected to go with another provider from Angie's list who had slightly better ratings but I have nothing bad to say about my experience with these guys.

Description of Work
Pressure Washing and Painting

02/01/2018

Jacky L.

American Painters are the BEST painters I have dealt with in all my years! Not one complaint and that is remarkable in this day. Before finding this gem of a painting company- I hired two painting companies from Pro Referral-Home Depot =TimBarrettPainting INC and Jahangir Foroutan Payless Painting. Horrible experience- one took my $2500 deposit and did over $3000 in damages then walked off job.The other one thought I was a naive lady and tried to do a quick cheap job and when I questioned him about the the poor workmanship he packed up and left me with a mess. I waited about a year and a half looking for a good honest company. This company did not ask for one penny till the job was done and when I was fully happy. The painting crew was very professional and pleasant to be around. They made sure I was happy with every part of the process. If I saw anything that needed to be addressed, they simply said yes ma'am and took care of it. They actually spent the time to pressure clean the house correctly and most important -to do the simple repairs like caulking around windows, elastomeric the cracks, covered all my windows, etc. I have expensive pavers all around my house and they spent the time and money to lay good quality plastic down to protect them. My house turned out beautifully and looks great. Finally after all those other horrible painters THESE AMERICAN PAINTERS can actually call themselves real professional painters who go above and beyond what is expected. Thank you Bill, Willie, Phillip, and Lindsey.

Description of Work
pressure cleaning and painting our 2 1/2 story home with minor repairs

Category pressure washing, house painters

Thank you so much for the amazing review!! We really appreciate your business and that you took the time to review and write about our company! We look forward to working with you again in the future! Sincerely, Becky Catt American Painters

11/08/2017

marc P.

they were on time and did wonderful work. there were no 'games', the price they quoted was the entire amount they asked for at the end of job. i would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
painted our entire townhome.

06/26/2017

Nancy L.

Everything was great except one small area.

Description of Work
Ceiling and touch up in several areas

Category interior painters

Thank you so much for the nice review! If there is anything we can do about the small area you have just give us a call and I can send someone back to take care of it. Sincerely, Becky Catt American Painters

02/07/2017

Kristine L.

Fair. Never returned to fix a few trim areas. Ended up doing it on my own.

Description of Work
Paint Kitchen and a bedroom

Category interior painters

Thank you for the nice review. I apologize that we didn't return for a touchup, it must have been an over-site, if there is anything you need in the future please feel free to call. Sincerely, Becky Catt American Painters

01/28/2016

Anne J.

Although I wasn't home when the work was performed, my husband said they were truly dedicated to their work. Additionally, they were friendly, punctual and fast.

Description of Work
Painted our living room area, dining, hallway, bedroom. Awesome job.

Category house painters

Thank you for the great review, we greatly appreciate it!! Sincerely, Becky Catt

01/08/2016

Eileen G.

They painted my popcorn ceilings, the stairwell, a hallway, two bathrooms and one bedroom. Painted doors, rails, and all the base boards. As needed they did two coats and worked with a plan.

Description of Work
Painted the interior of my townhome

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

Thank you for the nice review, we greatly appreciate it! Sincerely, Becky Catt

11/10/2015

Preeti J.

The crew showed up early, extremely professional and got the job done on time. They were incredibly polite and treated us with respect and were even helpful with my elderly mom to move small pieces of furniture. Everything was covered in drap cloth. Great paint products.

Description of Work
complete interior paint as well as trim

Category house painters, interior painters

Thank you for such a great review, we really do appreciate it! Sincerely, Becky Catt

12/18/2014

Nichelle S.

We could not be happier with the professionalism and work from TOM and the politeness of the rest of his team. Tom went above and beyond to make sure the job was completed to our liking, always punctual, and very attentive to detail.

Description of Work
Painted living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, crown molding, doors, closets. etc

11/19/2014

Anthony G.

Came on time; worked efficiently; did a great job

Description of Work
Provided 8 hours of painting service.

Category house painters

Thank you very much for the great review and for your business! Sincerely, Becky Catt American Painters

10/08/2014

Tamela M.

I spoke to both owners, Becky and Brian prior to hiring. They were easy to work with, very professional, and extremely responsive to any calls or questions. We were dealing with quite a bit of rain and weather and Becky was proactive in letting me know what the schedule was and if adjustments needed to be made the day before. Our assigned painter was Bruce Gould. He was prompt, courteous, respectful, and most importantly, very meticulous with the business of pressure washing and painting. He helped match the colors that we had selected from another house that we liked and painted a sample for approval before beginning the job. He coordinated the repairs that needed to be done prior to painting. He protected the areas that weren't being painted and was careful around all the plants and shrubs. At the end of each day, he left the property neat and tidy (not strewn with tools or debris). And even through all the rain delays, he went above and beyond and found a way to finish the job on the requested schedule! There were so many extra little things that he did that were unexpected but so very appreciated. Too many to list here. Not only was a he a terrific hire and great painter, it was a blessing having him on our property.

Description of Work
Full exterior residential house paint.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to doing business with you again in the future. I'll pass along your kind words to our foreman Bruce, he takes pride in a job well done and this will make his day! Sincerely, Becky Catt

04/25/2014

Richard S.

I am a close personal friend with the owner of the house that was painted. I researched all of the painters that were asked to bid. American Painters Inc. was one of seven company's that responded. The president, Mr. Brian Catt, came out and looked over the job. Within 30 minutes he handed me a neat typed out contract. To say I was surprised is an understatement. All the other contractors needed a week to prepare a bid. I checked Angie's list for all the biding contractors and found American Painters Inc. to exemplary. When a person is getting bids for a $25,000 + job I want the best and I found them. The job was started on time with a bit of weather delay. Can't change Mother Nature. After pressure washing the complete house they started notching out all the cracks in the existing stucco and filling them with the correct (not cheap caulk) material. This part of the job is very important to the end results and they did a marvelous job. Then they began priming. I was not happy with the way the priming of the new stucco was going. I talked to the foreman "Richard" and he informed me that he too did not like the outcome of that stage of the priming and had ordered a different primer. The next day I saw the difference and was very satisfied. The next step was a texturing of this huge house. Due to the closeness of the houses it had to be done with a small unit normally used inside not out side. The foreman, Richard, did most of it as he wanted it perfect. When it was time for the final coat of paint it looked like we may be held up due to rain in a couple of days but that was not the case. Richard talked to Brian and got many more painters, sprayers and ladders and finished long before the rain could get here. I did a walk through and found 2 small places way up on the second floor that I asked for a second coat. They could have said I was cheating as I brought my binoculars but they came back next day and painted everything I had pointed out and painted some places they had found. There is nothing I can say they didn't do to make me happy AND do the job right. They are everything a person could want from a painter and I am a very hard person to please.

Description of Work
Sealed, textured and painted a very large 2 story house

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for the very nice review, we really appreciate it. It was a pleasure working with you and we are very proud of Richard and our crew on the wonderful job they did on this beautiful house.

04/21/2014

Anita W.

When they pressure washed they missed parts and did not finish and did not let us know they were not done. When I called the office lady was very nice and apologized. When they painted it looked beautiful and for the most part they cleaned everything up. They were very friendly and tried to accommodate our comings and goings. They did miss a few spots but when I called the painter came back and got the spots.he was very nice and apologized. We just love the house and have recieved many compliments!

Description of Work
Thy picked up the paint for us after we chose the color. They pressure washed the house and painted it in 4 days. They put off painting for a week due to rain.

Category house painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your business and it was a pleasure working with you. Your house looks beautiful!

03/30/2014

Kristine L.

A fair price was agreed to and a date was set. On painting day, the crew arrived on time and completed the job within a few hours. I could not be happier with the results. I had used them when I painted the outside of my house and will certainly use them on my next painting project. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
American Painters completed a consult on the work I was looking to get done.

Category interior painters

Thank you very much for your excellent review, we really appreciate your repeat business and look forward to working with you again in the future.

03/10/2014

Kevin M.

Everything went just as they promised. Very happy with the end results.

Description of Work
Needed some stucco and drywall repairs. After repairs painted outside wall, bedroom and front door.

Category drywall, stucco, house painters, interior painters

Thank you very much for the nice review, it was a pleasure doing business with you.

02/27/2014

Babette D.

I told the painter about the cracks but he just painted over them. I am glad to have it over with.

Description of Work
They did a good job. I thought some of the pre-painting caulking and sealing could've been done better. I would've liked some stucco repair done before the paint was applied but I just assumed that would be done and it wasn't.

Category house painters

Thank you for the nice review, we always strive to deliver excellent quality and back the work with our labor warranty. Hairline cracks should fill in with the sealer and finish paint, larger cracks do need to be filled with Elastomeric caulk so if there is anything missed or that did not meet your satisfaction don't hesitate to call and we will come back to take care of it.

01/22/2014

Marylou R.

I have used this company on several occasions and recommend them to friends and family. And they were also over-joyed with their work. I have had occasion to meet the owner, Brian, several times. I find he and his painters to be professional , courteous, and very good at their profession. It is wonderful to find a company whose work is good, prices are fair, and the employees are gentlemen. I can not say enough about how pleased I am to have found American Painters.

Description of Work
They painted my home

Category house painters

Thank you very much for the nice review, we appreciate great customers like you very much!

01/01/2014

anne C.

I used this provider twice in the last 8 years. The fact that I used them a 2nd time should tell how pleased I was with the work and the painters. The actually painter doing the work was punctual, polite and did a really great job.

Description of Work
The 2nd time, I was quoted a price for one coat of paint, based on their recommendation. When I wasn't happy with several of the rooms, they came back and did another coat at no cost.

Category interior painters

Thank you very much [remove member name]. We really appreciate your continued business and nice review. Have a Happy New Year!