A Sound Decision

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2006

2.9

125 W Klosterman Rd

Tarpon Springs, FL 34689

At A Sound Decision (ASD) our goal is to exceed the client’s expectations for a home theater system while remaining within the projected budget. Our company specializes in custom audio/video installations for new construction and existing homes. Projects range from small electronics installation to high end home theaters, residential or commercial audio/video and home automation & distribution systems. With 25 years of experience in sales and installation, we know which products are reliable, affordable, and user-friendly. Tell us what you would like to achieve and rely on us to exceed your expectations. We are licensed and insured. Our main goal is to provide you with excellent service and give you "the biggest bang for your buck". Important aspects to consider when choosing a home theater company: licensed & insured, experience & knowledge of products, years of experience, storefront with current products, design center, photos of projects, construction knowledge, referrals or testimonials from clients. We serve all of Pinellas County including Tarpon Springs, Clearwater, St Petersburg; Pasco County including Trinity, New Port Richey, Odessa; and Hillsborough County including Tampa, Odessa, Lutz, Carrolwood, Westchase. Our services include: audio/video installations, integration with new and existing products, programming remote controls and touch panels, retrofit into existing walls, and new construction installations. We never want to see wiring, so all wiring used in walls is UL rated for use in walls. We also work closely with contractors to get a great end result!...

04/15/2022

Kristin N.

I live 2 houses down from this eyesore of a business and they have spotlights in their parking lot that are pointed directly at my front porch, not to mention they come on before its dark and go off at 1am? No sense. I asked short fat blonde lady with old as dirt dog if she could do something about it and she was rude as h***. I've never used them, but I wouldn't because of their nastiness. It doesn't surprise me to see these awful reviews.

Description of Work
Lights to be shot out soon

Category electrician

08/30/2020

George C.

A Sound Decision refuses to hand over information, including log in information for the equipment that they sold us. We used A Sound Decision at our home when we decided to add smart functionality to all of our home theater hardware. The company was recommended by a friend, so we decided to use them for our new business project. Right off the bat there were issues of over-promising solutions to our issues, but we moved forward while navigating through these issues to complete the project. There were numerous items that were added to our facility without proper invoicing and detail of the additions. The owner "Terry" promised these addition would be inexpensive, but when the final bill came upon completion the final tally was over $30,000. We were never given an itemized break down of these items until 2 days before we opened. Their practices are very predatory, but we still paid them in installments over the course of 6 months. Our current problem involves their lack of communication because we decided to switch companies. We decided to use them one last time, much to our hesitation, because they were familiar with our system and we only needed to move a couple of TVs and add two speakers. The price of this was over $3,000, which was absolutely outrageous. We decided to go with another company, and their quote was less than half of what A Sound Decision quoted. I published this information on social media to prevent other people from making the same bad decision I did, which they took offense to and now they refuse to hand over credentials to this new company to allow them to complete the job.

Description of Work
Installation of AV and Sound Equipment at our business.

Category architect

04/11/2013

Michele M.

It didn't

Description of Work
When I called to schedule a time for a h ome theatre estimate, I was informed that1. There is a $99.00 trip charge and 2. They don't take credit cards. I went with Attic Rat because they only charged $60.00 and if you use them, it is deducted from the total and they DO take credit cards. This company is in a business that charges significant amounts of money. They should be able to take credit cards.

04/23/2012

William S.

Having had custom audiovisual systems before moving to Florida, I already had in mind what I was looking for this time, a full Klipsch Palladium Home Theater System, but with 2 subs rather than one. I called A Sound Decision as they were the only Klipsch dealer I could find in the Tampa Bay area, and one of the few CEDIA members. When I scheduled an appointment, I was surprised to find that they had that exact system on display in their show room. I paid only for the equipment initially, then paid for labor as various tasks were completed. My wife thinks the system sounds better than our previous system that cost twice as much, and I have to agree. There's no visible wires, and all the equipment is hidden in a closet. Terry is very knowledgeable, and with great experience. Natalie is great with scheduling and handling the paper work. Their installers were good, too, very important with custom audiovisual installation. I wanted someone who would be there for service in the future, and they've promptly solved any issue we've had, often the same or next day. Just visiting their show room suggests that isn't going to change. They work with faux painters, which we also used to finish out the look we wanted. They also work with a custom cabinet maker, who's currently re-facing our kitchen cabinets. They've helped us with about everything we needed done in our condo, and it was all priced competitively. It all looks great, and works great. They're "good people," too.

Description of Work
Purchased 3 large Samsung 3D HD plasma TV's, a "drop down" 130 inch screen with 3D HD projector, a Klipch Pladium 7.1 Home Theater System with an additional sub, BK amp, Key switcher, SONY HD CD Library player, 2 Samsung 3D HD Blu-Ray players, Episode battery back-up, rack, and wiring, etc needed to complete the system. Indirect lighting though out the house, battery operated window shades, 5 programable remotes which operate everything in the house. Custom built computer, partitioned between Windows and Apple. Computer network. Full installation of everything. After completion, painting and faux painting of several rooms.

Category lighting,home theater design,home automation

02/20/2011

Jack S.

A Sound decision did an excellent job, were on time, and completed the job quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to use A Sound Decision again as they were great and would also recommend them to anyone looking for a top notch home theater system. Their team installing the system were professional and cleaned up after their work. I am very pleased with all they've done.

Description of Work
A Sound Decision installed two flat screen TV's and speakers throughout the house including the required stereo equipment.

09/01/2008

John B.

The install was suppose to be completed in a four week period, it has now been over five months and the system that was installed by A Sound Decision still does not work properly. In the beginning they seemed to have a sense of urgency to get the problem resolved, as time went on and they were unable to resolve the problem it became harder and harder for me to get a service rep out to look at the issue, it has since gotten to the point that they ignored my previous 5 emails as well as my previous phone calls to resolve this issue. In addition to the above when I last met with the owner Terry Moore in the beginning of July he presented a "Change Order" invoice for $15,766.40 as we went through the invoice we both noticed items that I had been double charged for or items that I never got, in addition to items the owner could not even explain. At that point Mr. Moore called his wife and questioned her in regards to a few charges on the bill and he determined that he would have to go over the bill again and that Natalie (Terry's wife) would setup an appointment to go over the new bill with me. It's now 45 days later and instead of resolving the service issues which have gone on for five months now, they decided to write me a threatening email stating that they had gone over the bill "numerous times" and that if it were not paid in full they would "remove any and all discounts" that may have appeared on the previous invoices. Five months later.... system still freezes, IR Receivers continue to fall off, parts of the system don't respond AND now they are trying to say that I refuse to pay them the $15,766.40 when they know I never received an updated "Change Order" and I have paid them well over $75,000 on this job already (the initial contract was for $40,000), which does not include the first time I had them work on my home. Talk about shady.

Description of Work
I hired A Sound Decision in the beginning of April to do a Theater Room and Audio Video upgrades to my Audio Video system that A Sound Decision initially installed. The install included making all of the TV's in my home able to receive true High Definition signal, it also included having all video/audio sources in my home to be able to be viewed on all the TV's in my home.

02/02/2008

STEPHEN R.

Terry and Natalie were very professional and a pleasure to deal with. Terry was very prompt and made sure the whole project went as specified. My wife was thrilled with the ease of controlling the system with the supplied master remote. Their team was very polite and clean with great attention to detail about keeping dust and dirt to a minimum.

Description of Work
They installed a surround sound system in my living room and installed speakers in my master bathroom, master bedroom, lanai, exercise room and garage. They also hung LCD TV's in the lanai and master bedroom and installed a keypad and remote control system to control the whole system.

09/15/2006

SUSAN R.

Afterwards, I involved the Department of Justice, the Pinellas County Licensing Board, the State. In essence, it is buyer beware, since no one looks after the consumer. My only recourse is to post my experience with them on the Better Business Bureau Web site and Angie's List. My doorbell still doesn't work, and they never made it right with me, or didn't care for that matter. They got what they wanted. They finally got licensed in May 2007, so that now when they file a lien against their customers, they can make it stick. Be careful!

Description of Work
In response. A Sound Decision was an unlicensed contractor when they contracted the above referenced job in July-August 2006. The facts are: I paid a 75% deposit up front. They installed the wrong brand of plasma TV on purpose without my permission or knowledge that was $2000 cheaper, but didn't offer me the discount in price, I had to discover that myself. They charged me $1500 extra for labor when I had a firm contract on the price for labor. The contract stated that if I ordered anything extra that would be extra, and I didn't. They served me an illegal notice of lien (sent certified mail, I have a copy of it if anyone wants to see it) on the day that they switched the wrong plasma TV with the right one, because I refused to pay their extra charge of $1500 for labor. I paid the full contract price, and they threatened me. I do not have a doorbell that works, since they replaced it. Filing an illegal lien is a third degree felony, and I informed them of it. These are facts.

Category home theater design

ACCESS TO THIS COMPLAINT WAS JUST REC’D BY EMAIL 03/08/07 WHEN THE CUSTOMER COMPLAINT WAS FILED ON 9/15/06. A SOUND DECISION WAS CONTRACTED TO INSTALL A TV, REMOTE CONTROL, DOORBELL, WIRELESS ROUTER, PHONES & ESTIMATED LABOR FEES. AS DISCUSSED WITH HER ON OUR INITIAL MEETING ON 7/7/06, SHE WAS FULLY AWARE THAT LABOR WAS AN ESTIMATE ONLY AND ON TOP OF HER CONTRACT IS A STATEMENT THAT “LABOR IS ESTIMATE ONLY” AND “ANY ADDITIONAL MATERIALS NEEDED WILL BE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST.” I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHOW ANYONE A DETAILED LIST OF CONTRACT, HOURS CHARGED AND WORK PERFORMED FOR MEMBER INCLUDING FIXING MANY INCOMPLETE ITEMS FROM HER PREVIOUSLY CONTRACTED HOME THEATER COMPANY. HER REACTION TO THE INSTALLATION WAS, “IT’S BEAUTIFUL! WE LOVE IT!” IN FACT, NO COMPLAINT WAS RECEIVED UNTIL AFTER A FINAL BILL WAS PRESENTED ON 8/25/06 AT 5:50PM (OVER 2 WEEKS AFTER TV INSTALLATION). AT 11:45 PM 8/25/06 AN EMAIL WAS REC’D SAYING THAT THEY LOVED THE TV AND WHAT A WONDERFUL JOB WE DID, BUT QUESTIONED THE EXTRA HOURS CHARGED. AT 6:41 AM 8/26/06, SHE STARTED WITH ATTACKING EMAILS, ONE AFTER ANOTHER. I HAVE RECEIVED 9 ADDITIONAL EMAILS, EACH ONE CONTRADICTING THE NEXT, WITH HER REASONS FOR NOT WANTING TO PAY ANY ADDITIONAL MONEY FOR ALL OF THE TIME SPENT AT HER HOME. WE DO NOT PERFORM ANY ADDITIONAL SERVICES TO ANYONE IF THEIR BILL IS DELINQUENT. LIST OF REFERENCES FROM HAPPY (PAYING) CUSTOMERS PROVIDED UPON REQUEST.

Elegant Accents Landscape Lighting

**CHECK OUT OUR ECOMMERCE OFFER** Since 1999, Elegant Accents has been providing quality Landscape Lighting and Outdoor Lighting products and service in the Tampa Bay area. We pay close attention to the details to ensure a quality, long lasting and reliable lighting system. A great deal of our business is referred by our existing customers who tell their friends and neighbors about us. Contact us to find out for yourself how Elegant Accents can enhance the look of your home with outdoor lighting.

Pleasant Lightscapes Inc

Finest Outdoor Lighting Company in Southwest Florida! Professional Landscape & Architectural Lighting - Specializing in Low Volatge LED, Lifetime Warranty Products & Installations. While other homes are disappearing into the night your home will come to life as a showpiece of design sensibility. We understand your home is more than just a residence to you. It should be a visual masterpiece that friends, neighbors, even passerby’s can’t help but stop and take notice. All of our custom designed systems are the result of a personal collaboration with each individual client. You have your own specific style and taste. We are here to ensure your lighting system will reflect this. You hire us not for the lights, but for our expertise in design, our expertise in LED lighting, our professionalism in installation and the long term support and care for our clients. Fully licensed & insured.

Tech Knight Networking

Tech Knight is a personal Family Business providing computer repairs, network services, restores, backups and many more after hours. We feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction and we know how busy your day by day can get and not have the time to request for assistance on computer needs. This is why Tech Knight decided to provide computer services after regular office hours. I've started this business with an overall knowledge in the Information Technology (IT) world having over 20 years of experience. My technical support career started when serving the United States Military Air Force and continued providing services to small businesses and residential. Call or click to setup a schedule!

Ask for details.
    Ask for details.

Low voltage specialists, custom home theater sales & installations, wiring for surround sound, high definition, phone, cable tv, satellite, computer, central vacuum, intercom. select electronics repair, computer programming, and networking