The Clean Plumbers

Founded 1982 • With Angi since August 1999

We do plumbing better, guaranteed. Here’s how. Our phones are answered by live service reps around the clock. All of our highly trained technicians are drug free, so you will have the peace of mind that a true professional will enter your home. We provide up front prices. This way, you know all of

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

A Service Provider's profile image

(2044) Verified Reviews

4.4

plumbers (1920)drain cleaning (210)water heaters (145)water softeners (71)sewer cleaning (40)drain pipe installation (15)well & water pump repair (8)septic tank service (8)appliance repair (35)HVAC Companies (24)handyman (9)tile installation (9)
Showing 1-25 of 2044 reviews

09/23/2022

evelyn M.

The service was good but the price is stiff.

Description of Work
Toilet repair

Work Completed On 09/23/2022

08/11/2022

Scott Y.

Review is for work done previously, didn't have time to review. Excellent work done, timely and efficient. Had to completely re-plumb under sink to facilitate new stuff, work done and cleanup was great. Shower pull was from a previous install. Started leaking and they sent guys around immediately to remedy at no charge. Great company, responsive and friendly. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Sink/faucet installed in new countertop and shower pull repair

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 08/11/2022

Thank you!

08/23/2021

Paul S.

Very prompt service. Tech arrived, inspected the issue, used his equipment to clear slow flushing toilet and all was well. Most pleased.

Description of Work
Clear up slow flushing toilet

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/23/2021

Thank you!

05/28/2021

Scott Y.

Two old shower pulls were hard to work and one leaking profusely. Also, water heater not making lots of hot water and 12 years old. Asked for a flush and recommendation for replacement. Tech showed up on time and ready to work. Rebuilt pulls quickly and knowledgeably. Attempted to flush water heater but too far gone. Showed me work done and patiently listened to and answered all my questions concerning replacement options. Gave me a good deal on new water heater and was available and ready to install same day. Completed the installation cleanly and efficiently. Couldn’t be happier with the experience. Tech (I’m sorry, I don’t remember his name) was professional and courteous and worked efficiently. Prices are fair and their use of a standardized pricing guide eliminated any feeling that they were pricing on the fly. Two thumbs up.

Description of Work
Rebuild shower pulls, new water heater installed

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

Thank you, your plumber was John and I will pass this along to him. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

04/29/2021

Mary Anne K.

Paul did a nice job installing the new faucets. He even tried to get rid of some stains on the bathroom countertop left by one of our old faucets! We had a competing quote from another plumber and were surprised at how competitive The Clean Plumbers are. I do wish they would provide rough estimates over the phone though, especially for straightforward jobs like replacing old faucets.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 old bathroom faucets with new ones and installed pop-up drains.

Work Completed On 04/29/2021

Thank you, we love hearing from our customers. Mr. Maurici wants our plumbers to see the situation before pricing, even jobs that seem straight forward can have issues this is one of the reasons we do not quote over the phone. We truly appreciate our customers and hope to have a continued relationship helping with your plumbing needs.

03/22/2021

Randall C.

The Clean Plumber made an appointment for the next day, showed up on time, brought the proper equipment, and snaked the drain for a reasonable price. The job was guaranteed for 30 days. When a subsequent back-up occurred, the technician came back the following day, re-snaked the line, and cleaned it again. We have had no further blockages. Thanks

Description of Work
Clean out the toilet drain

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Thank you, we appreciate our customers and love to hear from them. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

01/09/2021

Candida S.

The plumbers who came to help us determine the source of a leak damaging the wood floor in main room were outstanding. They thought out of the box. We are very pleased with their work. Thanks, Paul and Dayton.

Description of Work
Looking for leak

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

Thank you I will let Paul & Dayton know. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

10/01/2020

Joaquin N.

I had a couple of exterior pipes that were leaking, one of them into the wall, so I was in a hurry to have them fixed. They arrived for the job slightly late, checked it, gave me a quote up front, and I told them to do it. They did the job well (I hope). My concern is that the cost was excessive: $491 for a job that took two hours, that's about $250 per hour. I also asked them about another issue: replacing a faucet in the bathroom, and the quote was about $400 more, so I told them not to do this other job. I was really surprised by the pricing.

Description of Work
Replace two pieces of exterior pipes, on going into a wall, because they were leaking

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

We appreciate hearing from our customers and take each review seriously. On checking your service call, yes we arrived approximately 20 minutes past our window of arrival time due a job taking a little longer than anticipated. Our plumber arrived checked out your problem and gave you the price, you agreed to the price and he did the work, he replaced several pieces of broken line and a replaced a bad valve with a new brass ball valve. He was there for a little over 2 hours. Our work is guaranteed for one year [Member Information Removed]% parts and labor. Your decision to not have us replace a faucet is your prerogative which is why we give you the price up front, the same with the water line repair, this is your decision not ours. The quality of our work, our warranty and the professionalism of our staff is highly rated. We take pride in our work, our plumbers are very skilled and go thru constant training to stay knowledgeable in this field. It is like deciding to eat at Burger King or Bern's you get what you pay for. We don't charge by the hour like some companies, our employees are paid by the hour, not on commission so they have no need to inflate the price of the job or try to make it a bigger job than it is. This is how we do business, we treat our customers fairly, pay our employees a good wage, offer insurance and other benefits. This is the cost of doing business and being able to maintain and keep good employees. We have one of the best ratings on Angies List and work very hard to maintain that rating. We are very sorry you feel this way, but our warranty is in effect for one year on this job.

09/22/2020

Elaine H.

The plumbers led by David cut access hole in kitchen ceiling and removed a cabinet, which were soaked, and repaired the leak. They were prompt, courteous, and lived up to their name and reputation for cleanliness. I appreciated their safety precautions wearing masks and social distancing.

Description of Work
Plumbers found tiny but potentially devastating leak in old copper pipes above kitchen and below upstairs bath about 1 inch below subfloor. The repair was expertly done.

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

We appreciate our customers and love hearing from them. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

07/24/2020

Karen M.

I couldn't be more pleased, the two people I dealt with could not have been nicer, Joann taking my appointment and Adam doing the work. Adam arrived on time, wore a mask and bless his heart took off and put back on his booties every time he had to go out to the truck. Adam was also very knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything to me. Initially the issue was not apparent but there was obviously a leak. So he explained my options and I decided what I wanted. It turned out to be an issue with the wax ring not sealing properly. Very pleased with the outcome....unless they go out of business, I've found my plumber.

Description of Work
I had a significant leak in one of my toilets

Category plumbing, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

Thank you!! Phillip Maurici Plumbing

07/15/2020

Gail D.

Their tech, Adam, was polite, quick and efficient. He explained everything he was doing along the way and answered all our questions with professionalism.

Description of Work
replaced water heater

Category water heater repair, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

Thank you, we appreciate hearing from our customers. I will let Adam know. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

06/20/2020

Brenda B.

Very, very well. The young man knew what he was doing and had all the equipment needed to do the jobs without delay. It was a pleasure to get things working properly again. Such a nice gentleman in every respect.

Description of Work
Installed two new faucets

Category plumbing, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

Thank you, we always love hearing from our customers. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

05/24/2020

Douglas B.

I had a really good experience with The Clean Plumbers. Dave was on-time and was able to come out the same day of the call. He was courteous and respectful (had his mask, gloves, and booties for his shoes). Kitchen sink was clogged deep. No amount of plunging or chemicals was going to fix this. Dave accessed the cleanout and spent some time running a machine deep into our pipes. Woohoo! Clean pipes! He made some good suggestions for keeping the pipes clean and was on his way to the next job. Only downside is, before coupons, the quote was $300. Although I feel I could have price shopped this job and gotten something a little less expensive, I am willing to sacrifice a few $$ for quality and availability. When I need something done fast and right, Clean Plumbers will be my first choice.

Description of Work
Clogged kitchen sink

Work Completed On 05/23/2020

Thank you we appreciate hearing from our customers and strive to maintain excellent service to all. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

04/15/2020

Robert G.

Jorge, our technician, did an outstanding plumbing job! He was knowledgeable, courteous and helpful. We outlined all of the items that required work, he provided us with an estimate, and we agreed on pricing and work to be performed. And with my Angie's List coupon, we saved an additional $31 which brought the actual cost lower than his estimate! Without hesitation, we highly recommend using The Clean Plumbers!

Description of Work
Multiple items from a 4 Point Inspection report

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

Thank you so much, we greatly appreciate hearing from our customers and this will go in Jorge's file. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

03/02/2020

GWEN G.

They were on time and the service was good. I have been using them for about 3-4 years. They installed my water softener system and my reverse osmosis system. I am on a plan to replenish the salt in my water softener and they do a good job. If I had any problem with plumbing, they are responsive I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
Check my water softener system.

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

Thank you so much, we appreciate you. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

01/23/2020

Halina G.

Excellent!! Been here many times and call them again

Description of Work
Yearly plumbing check for the whole house

Work Completed On 07/23/2019

Thank you, we appreciate you. Phillip Maurici Plumbing

01/07/2020

Neal E.

Tried to con me into unnecessary parts when all that was needed was a washer, when he realized I knew better he fixed it for what most honest plumbers would charge for a simple fix.

Description of Work
Leaking bathroom faucet

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

Thank you for your review, we take each review very seriously. What I fail to understand is that if you thought our plumber was trying to sell you something you didn't need you still had him do the work, you agreed to the price he quoted and paid him for that work, yet you give us an F rating on price, professionalism and quality. This seems to be a bit extreme. Our plumbers are taught to give the customer options on repairs or replacements, if he did not then that will be brought up at the next staff meeting. We give options so customers have a choice in their repairs or replacements. The price is given up front so the customer can make their own decision whether to have us do the work or not. You were given the price before hand, you signed our invoice agreeing to the price and the work was done. You gave us failing marks with out even a phone call to our office to discuss your concerns, we realize that there is no way we can make everyone happy, but we do our best to handle all concerns when we are informed of them.

09/18/2019

Jennifer K.

The estimator was helpful and responsive. The plumbers who performed the work were polite, friendly, and efficient. They went above and beyond for me and I was very happy with their work

Description of Work
Tub install

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

Thank you, we appreciate your feed back.

09/17/2019

Craig J.

Extremely well. Went out of their way to do a very professional, very clean job with minimal impact to walls. There was no need for additional dry wall work or clean up after completion. The entire team was very pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
repiping entire house

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

Thank you, we are very happy that everything worked out so well.

08/26/2019

Michael M.

Our 24 year old electric water heater started giving nothing but cold showers and that wasn't going to cut it. We checked Angies list like we always do and found that the top rated pulmbers for the job we wanted done were "The Clean Plumbers - Phillip Maurici" so that's who we went with. They did the job in no time flat on the day we called them. Jorge and Adam proved to be exellent at what they do, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them anytime.

Description of Work
Installation of one new 40 gallon electric tank type water heater.

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

Review for The Clean Plumbers  - 14545 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL - 38069013

Thank you, we are glad to have been of service to you.

07/17/2019

Priscilla G.

He went above and beyond. The pricing was economical.

Description of Work
He came right away, cleaned out my kitchen sink and cleared the blockage of the drain. Then he came back out on a Sunday, he stopped the leakage, came up on the roof and unclogged a drainage.

Work Completed On 05/12/2019

Thank you for your kind review.

07/02/2019

Randolph S.

Called and was refused to be given any quote on the phone even for an "easy" job of swapping out an old dish disposal for a new one. This despite saying they provide up-front pricing on Angies List. I understand if on site things can change depending on conditions but that is shady and charging $39 just to come out for the quote, no thanks. Next

Description of Work
Swap out an old dish disposal for a new one

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

Our company policy is to look at the job before we give the price, this is to keep from under pricing or over pricing. The people who answer the phones are not plumbers, and what someone thinks is an "easy" job rarely turns out to be. Yes we have a $39 service charge to send out a plumber to your home to inspect and diagnosis the problem. These are employees, not sub contractors, they are paid by the hour not by the job, we provide our employees with a work truck, uniforms, tools, health insurance, benefits and continuous training, these are the costs of running a successful business. This person has the right to pick who they want to come out, just like they can decide to go to a fast food restaurant, a sit down restaurant or a high end restaurant, they all serve a hamburger, but what quality and experience are you looking for. You can shop at Walmart or Macy's you make the choice on the quality product you want, but do you give Macy's a bad review because you choose not to shop there? This is a very unfair review, we did no work for this customer, they just didn't like our policy and [Member Information Removed] of doing business.

05/10/2019

Donald G.

The plumber was professional and took the time to explain the product and pricing. He arrived on time and finished on time.

Description of Work
Our gas water heater started leaking.

Category water heater repair