Szold's Modern Floor Coverings

Founded 1945 • With Angi since September 1999

4602 EAST 7TH AVENUE

Tampa, FL 33605

Szold’s Modern Floor Coverings has been specializing in your flooring needs since 1947 from the exact same location! We specialize in all Floor Coverings including Carpet, Hardwood, Exotic Woods, Tile, Stone, Ceramic, Porcelain, Slate, Laminate, Vinyl, Linoleum, and Resilient. We purchase our hardwood directly from the mill, no middle man involved! We are also an authorized and trained Marmoleum dealer. Let us come to your home for a FREE estimate today!...

04/11/2016

Virginia B.

The experience was excellent. They were on time, did their job and were pleasant.

Description of Work
They installed flooring and took up some carpet to replace padding, They put in new molding and transition and also did some carpet repair.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

08/12/2015

JOAN T.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in two rooms with super vinyl tile.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

01/21/2015

Susan H.

Szold's Floor Covering Company is number one in sales, service and installation. Dean, my salesman, listened to my concerns regarding the problems I had incurred with water intrusion and came up with positive suggestions on how to rectify the problem. He had the knowledge and experience I needed to solve the problem due to his familiarity with the Tampa climate conditions. The installers they sent to my home were company employees not day labor as I had experienced with other companies in Tampa. Richard and Brian , the installers, carefully removed my furniture as well as returned each piece to their exact location when the job was completed. They were also spotless in their clean-up efforts. I now have a home I can proudly entertain guests in. Thank you Szold's for being such a dependable business in the Tampa Bay area since 1947 . .

Description of Work
Installation of carpet in the Living Room & Dining Room and treatment of the cement slab due to water intrusion.

09/08/2014

Pamela C.

See above. Wouldn't even consider ever using anyone else. Szold's Modern Floor Covering knows everything about all types of floor covering and are always glad to help with any needs you may have. My experience with Dean Williams was most positive. from start to finish!

Description of Work
Installed carpet and vinyl through out entire house. Also installed quarter round as well. Salesman, Dean Williams was very considerate and professional with all our guestions and even came to inspect the work when completed. I should mention that we live two counties north of the store... We live in Hernando County. The store is located in Hillsborough County. I should mention that there was a small issue with the dye lot of the carpet but the owner of the store came right out and made everything perfect. Szold's Modern Floor Covering is the BEST in floor covering s! We have used them since 1975! Dean has been working there all these years. The current owner was originally an installer,and has also worked there just as long. Steve now owns the store. Very experienced with all types of floor coverings.

07/08/2014

Susan S.

Description of Work
A well-skilled man did the measurements and estimate, plus he was very nice. I was very impressed. Unfortunately, the price was too high for me, so I went in another direction. But, I do recommend this company as it is well established and very professional.

03/10/2014

RICK R.

Description of Work
We got an estimate for tile to be installed. We were trying to work with an individual named Dean; he was the most obnoxious unhappy guy to try to work with. He kept telling us what we were going to do instead of listening to our ideas. His quote came in REALLY high and he was not real agreeable with us wanting some tile they did not carry. I would not do business with this company or individual.

07/17/2013

Richard H.

We haven't actually seen their work, however, we are most pleased with them, they have gone above and beyond if there's some problems that we have to do. We feel comfortable with their price, they are the cheapest in town and I think it will be fine for what they were going to do. What I like about them is that they do not pressure you at all, it was very nice that they were happy to let us pick and choose whatever we want. I was very pleased with everything about them and I also have a friend and she was most pleased with their job. I'm looking forward for what they are going to do for us and I'm sure it'll be wonderful!

Description of Work
We are remodeling our condominium and we had contacted Szold's Modern Floor Coverings to do the flooring.

06/06/2013

Felicia M.

Szold's Modern Floor Coverings well I actually didn't have them come in and do anything but they were very quick to respond to the e-mail that I sent them and to answer a couple of questions that I asked them. I was very impressed with the way they do business. I think they did give me a quote. It was pretty competitive. I would say from where I am they have competitive prices. Of course I don't have the equipment to bend the wood to make it wrap around the bottom of the stairs for the risers or a lathe or anything to cut out the wood to go around the top where the treads would be. So I was contacting several different companies, but flooring work on their own or install flooring to see if they would be able to do it. Most companies if they don't start a project, at least the ones that I spoke to, most of them won't, if they are not contracted to do the whole thing, they won't come in and do like the last. You know a trouble area that you have. Not the flooring companies, that I've talked to now, individual carpenters that's a different story. I guess for their own protection and I can understand that.

Description of Work
Szold's Modern Floor Coverings gave me quote for wood floors, hardwood floors in our house. I have everything in except for a small landing on the stairs and some other stuff downstairs.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

05/19/2013

Roberta W.

Everyone at Szold's was very professional and helpful. I chose several different tiles for my house and they worked with me to make sure all the rooms were completed to my satisfaction. Bill Kelley was my main contact and when he was not available, the owner, Steve Krasinski, helped me. There was a problem with a tile I chose and both of them worked out a different pattern for me. I was extremely satisfied that they took the time and initiative to work out a solution to my problem. I found them to be not only helpful but very friendly. In today's business world you seldom find people who go the extra mile, but these gentlemen did. I have nothing but praise for this company and I was lucky to fid them. ,

Description of Work
Removed tile and carpet that was down and installed tiles in all the rooms. Also, installed a back splash in my kitchen and tiled the front of my kitchen island.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

01/20/2011

Jacqueline A.

I worked with the guys who were doing the work, but my husband worked with them pricewise. They were recommended by our estate agent. I thought they did a good job. I think the company has been there for a long time so they are pretty professional. They did a great job. They were very good. I think they were pretty reasonable. They did quite a lot of work. I would definitely use them again. They have been around for quite a while which is why we used them. We were on a tight schedule and they came out quick. Their punctuality was very good.

Description of Work
Szold's Modern Floor Coverings did hardwood flooring and they did some tile for us. They carpeted our stairs as well.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

09/10/2010

PETER S.

I replaced the baseboard my self but I was giving lessons on how to use the pneumatic nailer and compound saw and they did help with fitting some of the trim (not included in the contract). They were punctual, neat and did the job on time and as advertised. Of all the projects we have had done over the years, this was the most satisfying. The floor has a very solid feel to it and I could not find any hollow spots. It was just simply the most professional job I have had done. Absolutely no problems and we are very satisfied.

Description of Work
I purchased 586 SF of Bella Cera prefinished engineered wood flooring from them. The price was the lowest of the 6 vendors we visited. They did the install which included removal of carpeting in 2 bedrooms and a hall, the removal of an engineered floating floor in another room, gluing the new floor in those areas and helped move the heavy furniture.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

05/26/2006

STACEY C.

Mark, the salesman has always beaten the estimates of anyone else, is very professional, helpful and on time. The installers have been great. Mark even came out to replace our closet door when the floor installers put it back up incorrectly.

Description of Work
Szold's placed laminate flooring on the first floor of our town house, and ceramic tile on our lanai in 2001. In 2003, we hired them to put laminate flooring in our new house in our living room, and ceramic tile in our kitchen/dining room and front porch. Then in 2006, we hired them again to put laminate flooring throughout our house.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

11/10/2002

TONI B.

NICE JOB BUT HAD TO HAVE THEM COME SECOND TIME TO FIX ONE BROKEN TILE THEY INSTALLED RIGHT NEXT TO TAP.

Description of Work
INSTALLED NEW TILE AROUND BATHTUB AND TILED FLOOR. INCLUDED INSET OF DECORATIVE TILE PANEL.

09/26/2002

Sharon H.

Description of Work
Price lower than wholesalers in the area. Purchased Eutopean ceramic tile (12x12) of 100 square feet and paid less than $100.00.

05/28/2002

CYNTHIA F.

Description of Work
They installed ceramic floor tile. They did an excellant job. they gave us a written estimate and they charged as much as they said they would. The workers were a little bit early. And the job was done when they said it would be. They did an awesome job.

04/18/2000

STEPHEN M.

Description of Work
They were great to work with. They went out of their way to find the tile we were looking for. Pricing was very reasonable. Freddy was great, prompt and courteous and work was excellent. We'll hire them for our next project.

02/26/2000

catherine B.

Description of Work
We were very happy with his work. He was reliable, quick and didn't feel a $95 job was too small. We will use him again.

09/22/1999

JEFF R.

Description of Work
Exquisite tile work. A little high on price but well worth it.

APZ Flooring LLC

We are a company that specializes in installation and restoration of hardwood floors and all types of laminates, we have experience and quality. Give us a call for a free estimate !

Marcal Pro Flooring

Helping you select the perfect flooring for your home or office has been our family business for 14 Years. With affordable price and quality service, Marcal Pro Flooring is the right choice. With certified installers and staff always improving themselves, we offer a three year installation warranty for your peace of mind. Visit our website for more information and Reviews. Marcalproflooring.com

JRA FLOOR SERVICES INC

JRA Flooring Services Inc. is a locally owned and family run business with over 10 years of experience. We specialize in all flooring needs including ceramic tile, hardwood, vinyl, laminate, porcelain, marble, quartz, and bathroom renovations/finishes. We strive to build lasting relationships with our clients provide high quality work at competitive prices. Reach out to us directly at (813) 789-3118. Thank you for considering JRA Flooring Services Inc. for your next project.

Offers by JRA FLOOR SERVICES INC on Angi
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Carpet, Hardwood, Exotic Woods, Linoleum, Tile, Stone, Ceramic, Porcelain, Slate, Laminate, Vinyl and Resilient.

Wallpaper, Window Treatments, 24 Hour Emergency Service