Structural Restoration Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since August 2006

4532 W KENNEDY BLVD 167

Tampa, FL 33609

We offer complete building repairs, restoration, waterproofing, foundation repair and structural repairs We make permanant repairs and offer free estimates. Additional email - gary@garylynn.us....

11/25/2016

Gerald C.

The job went very well. Gary and Shawn were most courteously involved with the demolition and construction phases of our overhangs at the Friendly Native. We plan on using them to install 4 remaining cantilevered overhangs. Structural Restoration has done several on-site projects for us and we would recommend them again and again.

Description of Work
8 Door Overhangs removed and installed.

Category concrete repair, structural engineer

11/25/2016

Gerald C.

Gary at Structural Restoration showed up on time and completed the removal and re-installation of 2 roof's. The crew were courteous and cleaned up after themselves. We would recommend them and will be definitely using them again for other projects.

Description of Work
2 Roofs removed and replaced.

Category roofing, structural engineer

03/08/2015

Andrew J.

Very good work, on time and the price was right!

Description of Work
Restored 2 units in our complex that had damage from a roof leak.

Category water damage restoration

11/01/2014

Walter P.

The project was completed, but not in a timely manner. The contract was signed along with a down payment in the middle of January 2014 and the job was completed in August of 2014. In total, the actual time spent at our house was 3 days, yet it took 8 months to complete. The initial work was done by a STRUCTURAL RESTORATION INC selected engineering firm to determine the soil conditions, by boring down to the lime stone. This took 1 day. From there, we had to wait months for the engineering report and the issuance of the permit. The company installed the piers in 1 day and then spent parts of the following two days for cosmetic work of patching the exterior and interior walls. All in all, it was a three day job, that took forever to schedule, with a constant blaming of the engineering firm. To compound the issue, we received notice from our insurance company that because they had not had any record of foundation being corrected, they would not be renewing us. That occurred at the 6 month period. We have since satisfied the insurance company, but it took numerous communications and visual documentation to accomplish. An issue that should not have occurred, had Structural Restoration completed the project within even 6 months. Bottom line, is that even though they accepted a residential job, they seemed to have more important business customers and we felt like we were at the bottom of the list. The project was completed and we've had no problems, however they do not get our endorsement or recommendation.

Description of Work
Installation of 4 push piers to support the foundation that had been sinking and patching of the block walls, which had 'stair case' separation.

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

08/28/2014

Karen H.

They came the first day I called them. Great communication, very efficient and even worked over the weekend to complete the job. Would highly recommend them. I was worried they couldn't complete the work because it was raining. They watched the weather and were there very early in the morning to complete the job in plenty of time for it to dry before it rained.

Description of Work
Had to waterproof one side of house by digging down to foundation. .

09/26/2013

Susan H.

Structural Restoration, Inc. was hired to repair a water intrusion problem in my garage. This area was seriously leaking at the slab and cove joints. The job was not completed in a timely fashion. Between September and through November 2012 , I never knew when they would be coming. Communications between contractor and customer were very poor. The cost for what they did was also over priced. To make matters worse, the repair failed. When the rains came in June of 2013, the slab and cove joints leaked like they had never been sealed and the wall showed evidence of serious compromise. When I reported the warranty issue in June, the company did not attend to it until August. Then in August the company canceled the week they were suppose to do the work and never did agree on another date. After seeking the assistance of the Florida Consumer Protection Agency under the legal department of the Attorney General, the firm offered only to dig up the site. They set themselves up as the judge of whether there would be any liability on their part after they would inspect the waterproof membrane. I only had to look at the water spewing through the cove joints and slab of my garage to determine that something had gone wrong with the workmanship and should be covered under their 5 years warranty for materials and workmanship. Since they made themselves JUDGE and JURY and they stated that I would be responsible for the labor costs if they felt they were right,, I decided it was in my best interest to cut the ties with this firm and hire another more reputable contractor that I found on Angie's List. Assessing this situation, I would have never hired Structural Restoration, Inc. if I had read the other reviews on Angie's List. My only regret is that I had not joined Angie's List earlier. Lesson Learned !

Description of Work
Structural Restoration, Inc.sealed the chimney, calked a piece of roof flashing and applied waterproof materials on a short wall as the solution to my leak in the cove joints and wall of my garage. They were so sure of their abilities that they gave me a 95% assurance that they knew the solution.

Category basement waterproofing

If you want the truth go to the Hillsborough County Consumer Protection Agency and read the file. You will be amused. She has a great imagination.

07/05/2013

Dale A.

Description of Work
Poor customer service, The company made an appointment to evaluate a drainage problem, They were unable to make the first appointment, but did not call to inform me ( I had to call them ). They set up an appointment for the following business day and never showed and never called.

Category structural engineer

No one here has ever heard of this person

03/26/2013

Shawn M.

When they looked at the issue that I had, they said that it was not what I thought it was, a foundation issue. They wouldn't be able to help me anyways because it wasn't a structural issue. If I had foundation problems, I would sure use them.

Description of Work
I had Structural Restoration come out to give an estimate but when they saw what it was, they didn't even give an estimate because it was something that they didn't do.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

03/08/2013

jaynie A.

They were here when they said they were going to be here. The Structural person told us to contact the insurance company, because we didn't think that they were going to pay for any of it. I was happy with the structural person and with the gutter person. Because it was a triple issue, it took some time. They were very prompt and returned phone calls.

Description of Work
We did use Structural Restoration. They gave us an estimate, then we called the insurance company and then they did do some of the work. We had a leak that was coming from the gutter, that was running down the house and was coming underneath the foundation and was ruining the wood floor. Structural Restoration did everything, but the floor work. The gutter had to be removed on the outside, they had to find the leak in the stucco and they had to remove the damaged stucco, put up a new stucco, then paint and make sure that it was actually fixed. Then somebody had to come in to tear the sheet rock out. We already had somebody to get the wood floor up and then they had to dry out the walls and the floor. After all that was done, they were done.

Category basement waterproofing, structural engineer, foundation repair

01/31/2013

jena A.

I was impressed by their website. (I can't find them listed anymore. Perhaps they went out of business?) Jeff Williams came out to the house, looked at the damage under my kitchen sink, and said he could repair it. I needed structural support from below - house has crawl space - very easy to move around. He quoted me $6,000.00. I was overwhelmed. He then said he could also do it for $3,000. By the time it was all over, I had paid him $4,000 for shoddy work. He broke a water line during the repair. I am going to sue him and the company.

Description of Work
Ripped off by a representative, Jeff Williams.

Category structural engineer

We have no record of having done any work for this person. Perhaps she paid Jeff to do the work on the side.

02/15/2011

Charles & Joan P.

They were very professional. They were courteous and worked a long time. They were very clean and thoughtful. They picked things up every night before they left for the evening. They were very responsive, including Shaun, the vice-president, who would come and check on the job. Structural Restoration is a very honest company. I was happy with what they did and the quality of the work. I would recommend them. They were very professional. They did what they said they would do in a timely manner. The job looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Structural Restoration Inc. provided concrete work for us, including taking rusted rebar out of concrete with a jackhammer.

Category concrete repair, structural engineer