Stone Medic

Founded 2005 • With Angi since December 2006

4.4

9801 Mako Ct

Tampa, FL 33615

At Stone Medic we understand your home is more than just a place to live, it is an investment, and it's an expression of who you are. While there are many companies that provide some of the services we provide, few can provide the high level of expertise we provide for all the services you need for your home. Additional DBAs - Grout Medic, & Grout & Tile Restoration Inc....

10/26/2015

Diane P.

We had a few problems with them to be honest. They came out and repaired our pavers and actually they stripped them and filled them again. We called them back because it did not look right and they came back a second time and did it and it's still not just as right, so we were not too pleased with them. We did have to call them several times to get them to come back out and look at it and they did and determined that they would come back out and redo the work, which they did but it was no better. We're still very dissatisfied with it. They could have reconnected with us and even come out themselves and looked at it and they could see that it was not an improvement.

Description of Work
We used Stone Medic to repair the pavers.

07/28/2015

jeff C.

Scott came out promptly, when he said he would, and sent me an estimate for our work 24 hours later. The original scope of the job included refinishing the terrazzo in the kitchen, but we did not realize there had been a large plumbing repair under the floor in the kitchen between an island and the sink, and there was a very large concrete patch that could not be patched with terrazzo to match. Once the workers discovered this area under the tile. they contact us right away to look at it. The ground the terrazzo and the cement to prep it for another surface (we will have to install tile or another flooring over it). They had to patch a few cracks and holes that were very small, and those areas are not noticeable at all. The finished terrazzo in the rooms where it was not damaged (dining room, hallway and hall bath) looks fantastic! It is shiny, yet not glossy and it is not slippery. Asad and Flavio (I think the names are right) were very courteous and professional, and careful with all areas of our house, including locking my house when they were done for the day, if we weren't home yet. The bid came in at a little bit lower than a competitor, and they even reduced the final invoice because they did not perform any honing or polishing or sealing of the terrazzo in the kitchen, once the prior defect (cement patch) was discovered. We were very pleased with the experience with this company, and with the gorgeous final product. I love my "new" terrazzo!

Description of Work
Remove ceramic tile in kitchen to reveal old terrazzo, refinish terrazzo in dining room, hallway and hall bath.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Thanks, Assad and Flav really enjoyed working with you on your terrazzo restoration project

03/06/2015

Jennifer A.

Ernest was excellent and knowledgeable but the pricing was just way too high for us to consider. I like the company however and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Ernest gave us an estimate for repairing the slate at our front door but did confirm it would make more sense for us to remove it and replace it from another company which we did. He also gave us an estimate to clean and polish the marble in our foyer and hallways and clean and seal the Jersalem stone.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,marble & granite

09/23/2014

Robert S.

The only reason I didn't use them is because they were too high on price. They were punctual. They were pleasant. They were professional. I haven't replaced my deck because both estimates I got were too high in my opinion.

Description of Work
I asked them for an estimate.

Category decks

09/20/2014

Wayne C.

Arrived on time and explained exactly what was going to be done. He was very friendly, professional and informative. The work was performed in a very professional and timely manner. I would not hesitate to use their services in the future.

Description of Work
Regrouted and cleaned the master walk in shower.

09/08/2014

Randy P.

Installation performed by third party who was unable to get the finish I wanted. Marbelife was one of 3 estimates I got, was the middle bidder, and did an excellent job. Punctual, professional, and very clean. Job took 2 days.

Description of Work
Polished and sealed travertine flooring.

07/26/2014

NANCY C.

A reply to Ted Dormans comment...again there was a misscommunication between Marie and the scheduling for the date he talked about. I called to schedule an appointment as he said. Marie gave me several dates in May, and said she would get back to me which one was better. She never called back to confirm which date, and his men just showed up. We had not expected them and had other plans, so we turned them away. I would like to see the phone records he said he had that support the calls he made to me. Our appointment was confirmed the day before with a call from Marie. Later that day I called Ted Dorman, the owner, to inform him we needed some grout repair also. We prepared our floors for cleaning. The next morning, his men never showed up. I waited 1 hour. I called Stone Medic and spoke to Marie. Marie told me that the men were not coming and that she called me yesterday to cancel our service. We were home all evening. There was no missed call or voicemail message in my smart phone, which was the number she said she called. I was upset because I took that day off work. I asked her to have Ted give me a call. I called and left messages with Marie 4 times to speak to Ted, the owner. We have a contract with the company for several years and we have never had a service problem in the past. Marie told me to email Ted as he was very busy. I emailed Ted and he replied that "We have a minimum charge of $395.00 to work in your area. The cost of gas, vehicles and labor make it too expensive for me to come to you area for a $150.00 job. The only reason I could do the work in the past for $150.00 was to schedule the work when my guys had other work in your area." Ok, so it costs him too much to continue doing our service. I get that. I was just annoyed that they never had the courtesy to informed me that they were not coming. There is a major communication problem with this company between Marie and Ted.. And, I am out a days pay from work.

Description of Work
Yearly floor cleaning and grout repair

Category ceramic tile,floor cleaning

[member name removed] forget to mention that my men showed up at her house for the job and she sent them away. She was called in advance that they were coming. It cost me $300 to send my men and a truck 50 miles away to do the job and she said it was not convenient for her to do the job that day. Again she said she did not get the call. I have phone records to support both calls. I told her I could not continue to do the work for $150 unless I had other work nearby, it would cost the minimum charge for her area of $395 if I did not schedule her work with another job in her area. I have completed [member name removed] work every year since 2010. She has rated each follow up survey call as outstanding.

07/21/2014

Leslee L.

I needed the grout in my pool fixed and wanted an estimate on overlaying concrete on the pool deck. The contractor was very nice, He spent about 20 min here. I also showed him my garage, where I had previously used Stone Medic over a year ago. I had some questions about the durability of the floor because when I have dropped keys on the overlay it dents or chips sometimes. Also I get dark spots under where any furniture is touching the ground. And it can become wet under mats after awhile. I was told that a mixture was put in the overlay to prevent any water from the ground coming up but it doesn't seem to have worked. I wanted to know if that was normal etc. He said he would get back to me with the pool estimate and let me know about my garage issues and answer my questions. I never heard from him again. It been around two months I think.

Description of Work
came out to give an estimate

Category ceramic tile

Thanks (member name removed), you could have called me. Ted

06/19/2014

Jeannette M.

I called them over the weekend, left a voice mail, and received a call back on Monday or so. They came to do the estimate. I thought the price was fair, so I went ahead and scheduled the work. They were punctual. I was told that they would be here the whole day, but the work only took them half a day, which was great. The work turned out as I was told. Overall, I was pleased with the service and would contact them again in the future.

Description of Work
They cleaned the kitchen tiles, balcony tiles, and they cleaned and shined the marble bathroom floor.

Category ceramic tile,marble & granite,floor cleaning

05/28/2014

Carol N.

The technician removed the cracked tiles without cracking any new ones. He used a vacuum and was very clean during the process. He replaced the tiles and matched the grout perfectly. Once finished, he left the areas very clean. It was difficult to tell which tiles had been changed. The kitchen and family room grout was cleaned and sealed. I would definitely use them again or recommend their services. I have no complaints.

Description of Work
They replaced 10 cracked ceramic tiles that was in the foyer, kitchen and master bath. They also cleaned and sealed grout in kitchen and family room.

FLOOR CLEANING EXPERTS

We Clean Polish and Seal Any Floor

Attract Home Improvement

Featured in the December 2018 issue of HGTV Magazine, Attract Home Improvement combines the expertise of Chad Vickers and Tony Bugeja, former business and engineering graduates from The University of Alabama at Birmingham. Over the past 12 years, this team has developed the knowledge, expertise, and trustworthiness to help the home and business owner plan and attain their painting project goals and dreams. We have been recognized as one of the top rated residential interior and exterior painting companies in Tampa, FL due to our focus on customer satisfaction and ability to offer many different options that best fit the homeowners needs. Please call us for a free estimate or referrals! Attract is licensed in Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas county, and bonded-insured in all counties as well. Will provide Insurance upon request. HILLSBOROUGH License # SP14606 PINELLAS License # C-11451

One N Done Painting LLC

Services: Paint/power Washing/ staining/Painting interior as well as exterior/ Minor Stucco work! Our work is Guaranteed to be at your perfection! And our Prices Cuts the competition!!! I Have been painting for 5 years! And know exactly how to get it done! ONE N DONE LLC. L21000534544

Tile & Grout, Stone Services, Shower regrout, Pavers, & Sealer Services, decorative concrete, concrete polishing, concrete staining, driveways and pool deck restoration.

Painting, carpet cleaning