Scott W Hines General Contractor, Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2009

324 S Riverhills Dr.

Tampa, FL 33617

We are a locally owned and operated general contractor company specializing in commercial and residential construction including new construction, custom homes, remodels and additions. We also specialize in smaller projects including bath and kitchen remodels, flooring, painting and any other small project a customer may need. We have crews available for all project sizes. Our work spans across the entire greater Tampa Bay area. Please view our PROJECTS to see the quality and craftsmanship you can expect from Hines GC. MISSION STATEMENT: To provide the best services and develop a long-lasting friendship with our clients. Here at Hines GC, we know what it's like to be the customer! We pride ourselves in the utmost highest customer satisfaction and spare nothing in our pursuit of perfection. At Hines GC, We Do It Right, The FIRST Time!...

01/16/2017

Paul F.

Professional work done with all the permits pulled for the city of Temple Terrace, Nice clean job.

Description of Work
Installation of a Tankless Propane Water Heater.

Category electrician,drain cleaning

11/16/2016

Liana F.

Quality of materials was somewhat inferior. Lax supervision of workers.

Description of Work
Remodeling

Category home remodeling

Dear Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed], As a customer, we rate you as a "C" We are sorry you feel that we were not to your satisfactory. As we met in the beginning the [Member Name Removed] informed us that their past builder that built their home was terrible and they never had anyone else in their home for nearly 30 yrs. This was a concern to me. Your review is almost two years after we did the work. As I read over your review. I notice that you are saying that we used inferior products. I can only assume you mean the 1 x 6 tongue and groove material we used at your rear porch ceiling. When you called for us to come out and look at the ceiling issue, I sent my son Scott, who informed you that the ceiling had gotten wet from your roof leaking. You did not believe him even though he was able to wipe the mildew off the ceiling and your roofer was currently replacing the roof above. Then you ask me to send one of my men to come out and fix the issue without using our service. The 1x6 wood was not damaged from anything but water above. Sealing and repainting would resolve the issue as long as your roofer repaired the roof correctly. Trying to remove a 1x6 board from the middle of the ceiling would be near impossible and cause more damage. You obviously did not believe us. My manager and I made many trips to your home during the work and kept great communication at all times. We actually helped you sell your car while we were doing the work for you. My painter went out of his way and did some extra painting in your garage and he accidentally painted over your children's height marks because he thought the wall was dirty like the rest of the walls in the garage. We tried to clean the paint off but you were so upset with us even though my man was trying to do a nice gesture. I do remember a complaint that my wood floor men had dirtied the newly painted walls. Our floor men are large men and they did touch your walls as they got up from the floor and we went behind them and painted and touched up those areas. This is part of a punch list for home remodeling. After 30 years in this business and thousands of customers, I can count on one hand of customers that were not satisfied with our work. Our company has a reputation of doing all that is possible to keep our customer happy but sometimes that is just not possible.

09/28/2016

Jessica U.

I did not actually hire this company because the estimate was high. But, they arrived on time, provided an estimate quickly & were professional. I would consider having them come out again for another project.

Description of Work
Finish out construction on a building

Category custom cabinets,drywall,electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac,remodeling,drain cleaning

02/06/2016

ROSSANNE F.

It has gone fine so far. I am satisfied with the work that has been done. They are good workers- pleasant and respectful of my property. They have a very nice staff working there.

Description of Work
He is doing cosmetic repairs and remodeling following a sinkhole. He has done remodeling for me for plumbing, tile, carpentry, concrete, and regrading.

Category remodeling

06/23/2015

Roxanne H.

Scheduled appointment for estimate. NO SHOW, NO CALL.

Description of Work
Wasted My Time...

Category handyman service

I am the office manager for Scott W. Hines General Contractor. You are correct that we did not show or call for our appointment. When you called to ask about our not showing for the appointment, I informed you that I messed up and forgot to put it in our schedule. We were very busy at the time and it just slipped my mind. You asked me if it was because the job was too small and informed me that you had also been stood up by another contractor.I told you no that had nothing to do with it. I just forgot to write it on our calendar. It was totally my mistake, but there is nothing I can do but apologize. I asked you if you wanted to reschedule not because I thought my standing you up was okay. I just new you were still looking for a contractor. Once again, I hope you can accept my apology. I am very sorry that I wasted your time. It was never my intent to disrespect you or your time. Thank you, David Allen

06/16/2015

Roxanne H.

Scheduled an appointment for 06/16/2015 at 11:00 a.m. Wanted to get an estimate on the following: Exterior replacement of all wood siding, fascia and soffits. Full replacement of wood lanai. Replacement of all gutters and downspouts. Replacement of 2 sliding glass doors. Replacement of 2 windows. Replacement of side garage door. Paint exterior of home. NO SHOW FOR APPOINTMENT - NO PHONE CALL. Wanted to reschedule after I called them.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category roofing,siding,replacement windows,home remodeling,house painters,doors

01/21/2015

ROSSANNE F.

They are very nice and I was pleased with the results.

Description of Work
They provided assistance with contracting for air conditioning work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/03/2014

Ken S.

Their estimate was higher than our budget. Their estimate was in the mid $ 30,000. They were timely in getting the estimate out to us.

Description of Work
We received an estimate Scott W Hines General Contractor, Inc to remodel the master bathroom.

Category home remodeling

11/06/2013

TERRY B.

They were exellent, neat, fair and on time. The work was extensive; every romm in our house had work done except one. Florrs were jackhammered up and re-pour, three bathrooms were re-done. Our Kitchen had no cabinet put in. On the outside - new proch, stucco, reinforce walls, paint, skylights, drive way repairs, etc. All good. I highly recommend Scott Huines.

Description of Work
We had a sinkhole and we practically had our home rebuilt.

Category custom cabinets,contractors,ceramic tile,concrete repair,concrete driveways,drywall,electrician,picture framing,handyman service,masonry,remodeling,replacement windows,garage builders,skylights,ceiling fans,marble & granite,stucco,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,doors

Thanks My name is Hines not Huines LOL

08/21/2013

Venus F.

They were very pleasant and clean. They did a great job. The only problem is that they had asked for half down before the job was to start. I told them I would not do that but I did put $200 down on the job. He did not have a receipt so i made him write on the agreement that I gave him that money. When they were completed he did not have a receipt again. So I made sign another paper saying that it was paid.

Description of Work
repairing the roof and trimmed tree limbs

Category handyman service,roofing,tree service

KGF Epoxy Countertops

We specialize in countertops and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Snave's Refinishing

We are a locally owned and operated company with over 8 years of industry experience. We value honesty and integrity in all aspects of our business. We offer a variety of Home Improvement services that are customizable to each individual project & specialize in refinishing work and countertop, tile and bath repair. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships with our clients and guarantee your satisfaction!

Flames Construction

Juan has over 27 years of experience in providing quality stucco work. He takes pride in each job and customer satisfaction is his number one priority. Call today for your free estimate.

Check, PayPal

Residential remodeling, residential & commercial additions, renovations & new construction of bathrooms, kitchens, ceilings, fireplaces, pools, handymen services, custom cabinets, sunrooms & patio enclosures, flooring, & painting.

NA