Red Cap Plumbing and Air

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2002

Red Cap Plumbing and Air Conditioning offers extensive knowledge and service when it comes to your home's plumbing & Air Conditioning. We call this Red Cap Service. We also guarantee this service. Red Cap Service ... Guaranteed. We are fully licensed and insured, family owned and operated, our

4.1

plumbers (662)drain cleaning (147)water heaters (68)home remodeling (18)HVAC Companies (13)water softeners (10)drain pipe installation (5)well & water pump repair (2)sewer cleaning (40)appliance repair (13)small appliance repair (8)handyman (6)

10/18/2022

Ricki S.

When they started my full home repipe, bathroom remodel, and more, on August 1 they were wonderful. The job was supposed to take 3 weeks maximum, I can't move into my new home until they finish their work, as I have no kitchen or bathrooms. So far they failed 3 rough in inspections, and everyone that I was dealing with 3 months ago (when my 3 week job started) is now gone. The guy that NOW leads the install department has no idea what is happening with my job and talks to me like a child, when he does respond to me at all. They are now subbing out my bathroom install to another company who will "try to expedite getting me on their schedule" after she sends them the estimate and they approve it. I won't be done by the end of the month and that will cost me yet ANOTHER month's rent because I can't get a Certificate of Occupancy until they are done. RUN AWAY from Red Cap, the company they were 3 months ago is not the company they are now.

Description of Work
Full repipe, 2 bathroom installs, kitchen install

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/21/2022

10/07/2022

Lynn M.

RUN!!!!!! Unless you potentially want a bigger mess to clean. Pipes are leaking everywhere continuously Red Cap not only has poor quality workmanship, they have some of the most arrogant, dismissive, unprofessional employees and management. Their prices aren't even fair. So its not going to save you any money going through them, and may end up costing you more, like me.

Description of Work
Repairs/replacing some old pipes

Work Completed On 10/07/2022

05/15/2022

Peter M.

This is a complaint about a plumbing overcharge. On May 11, 2022 I called Red Cap Plumbing, N Nebraska Ave, Tampa FL, (813) 963-3056 to fix a problem that the kitchen drain is backing up. John, a serviceman came out, looked at the faucet confirming the problem. He cited that fixing it will be $457. We (my wife and myself) reluctantly agreed. John climed up on the roof, and using his steel “snake”, he cleaned the drain in less than 10 minutes. The problem was some grease in the drain. He spent less than an hour, perhaps 45 minutes total time at our house. I wrote a breaf comment to Red Cap plumbing asking for a partial refund. No response. The national average of a drain cleaning is $250. Obviously our problem was a very simple one and $457.99 is an unacceptable overcharge. Also, quoting $457 without actually doing the job is unethical.

Description of Work
drain cleaning

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 05/11/2022

02/27/2022

Blanca S.

Patrick Fogarty was very professional he explained all options for my repair issues Ermion Adam was very professional and they work hard they did and excellent job running piping through the ceiling was challenged because I don't have attic . I highly recommend this company to have found such a reputable businesses.

Description of Work
Repipe whole house

Category

Work Completed On 02/14/2022

02/20/2022

Eugenia C.

I called last night for a quote, I told them the hose was leaking from the water heater and they said it was $79 plus materials. They came today to fix it and they charged me over $600. My one star review is due to pricing, they are very responsive but how did we go from $79 to $600 and they don't give you a quote before doing the job, they just charge you at the end. Will not be using them again.

Description of Work
Replace water heater tank hose

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain pipe

Work Completed On 02/20/2022

02/17/2022

Robert G.

They are prompt and they give a notification before they show up. They're very pleasant to work with and they have a great customer service.

Description of Work
fixed under sink water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/03/2022

Thank you for choosing Red Cap Plumbing and Air for your needs and the great review Mr. [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure to serve you! Have an amazing weekend and let us know if we can do anything to further assist you!

12/19/2021

Chris K.

In January 2021, Red Cap Plumbing and Air installed a new A/C in our home. In the summer of 2021, our system shut off and we called for a tech. Tech told us that we needed a UV light and that biologics had grown in our system causing backups in the drain pipe. We thought a UV light had be installed with the new system, but according to the tech it had not. The following day we had the same issue and another tech came out and remediated the issue. We paid for this service. On December 1, 2021, a tech came to our house for a checkup. He recommended the installation (tried to upsale us) of a surge protector (this seemed weird) and the UV light due to biologic growth. Again, we were confused and noted this should have been installed already. After speaking with one of the installation techs (Manny) it turns out these were supposed to be installed and never was. Manny scheduled Techs for December 2, 2021 and they came out and supposedly installed both. We received no follow up from Red Cap. On December 10, 2021, we contacted Red Cap and asked for an explanation as to what happened. We were told a manager would respond the following week. After receiving no follow up call, we called back on December 14, 2021 and asked for someone to call. December 15, 2021, we were notified that a tech was coming to our house. We had not scheduled this and called and asked for an explanation. They were unable to give us one and I asked for a manager or owner to return my call and explain what happened. Dorian returned my call later that day and said he needed a tech to come out and verify or install the UV light. It is now December 19, 2021, and we have not yet received this follow up for a new AC system that was installed in January of 2021 and almost 1 year later we have no idea if it was installed correctly and the company has received full payment for and extra payments for issues that should have never occurred.

Description of Work
A/C Install

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

11/03/2021

Carol P.

Coupon stated $99 per accessible clean out with free camera inspection. Once service tech arrived they stated $200 minimum because they had to go on the roof and that counts as a 2nd access. I feel the coupon is misleading and why start on the roof instead of the drain 1st? Did not have service performed. Called Chris’s plumbing instead with excellent results at half the cost. I highly recommend Chris’s plumber over Red cap!

Description of Work
Clogged drain

Category appliance repair, plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/03/2021

Review for Red Cap Plumbing and Air - 7218 E Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL - 39531248

10/14/2020

Ray M.

Unaware by me, my 89 year old mother called them and they came out and gave her an estimate of $400, when they left she paid them $707 (including their generous $59 off coupon). They charged $224 just to clear out a drain trap on the first bathroom, then in the other bathroom they replaced her faucet with another one and they charged $524 for that faucet, in which I found out wholesale price on the new faucet was only $175. They said he was there for 5 hours but he came and left for 2 hours then came back. We plan to put a chargeback on the credit card, however, people beware of these guys, they took advantage of an elderly woman.

Description of Work
Faucet Replacement

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

09/17/2020

Laura F.

I paid for clean out (snake) but the problem was not fixed. I've had major issues with them co-ordinating between ME the OFFICE and the PLUMBERS doing the work. Total disconnect. Very frustrating. 2 weeks in and I still have no drainage and although 2 messages have been left for them to call me...I've not been called. I admit that what ever is going on in my house is messed up but I've been unable to work with these people to get it resolved. First it is the pipes, then the venting, then the septic...they are all over the place. Like I said...difficult if not impossible to work with.

Description of Work
Very slow drainage in tub...clean out?

Category appliance repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

08/20/2020

Kevin K.

I paid them $30 bucks to come out and look at it. I got quoted a price of $821. Ridiculous! I bought the parts (35 bucks) and my neighbor installed it all in about 30 minutes. I gave him 20 bucks. So $55 compared to $821. I know a service charge should be added but the amount they wanted is criminal and trying to take advantage of people. DO NOT HIRE THEM!!!!!

Description of Work
I needed the inside of toilet changed out ($12 part) and fix a sink link ($15 part) and sink plug ($8 part)

Category appliance repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

08/12/2020

Ronald J K.

The plumber did what he was suppose to do, However, $200.00 for 15 minutes of work is a little steep in my humble opinion.

Description of Work
sink snaked

Category appliance repair, plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

07/24/2020

stephanie S.

Installation of a toilet, garbage disposal and a kitchen faucet- Both gentlemen that were here were very professional and did their job quickly and accurately. I was very pleased with the outcome of all of the work done.

Description of Work
Installation of a toilet, garbage disposal and a kitchen faucet

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

07/23/2020

Ernest N.

From the scheduling to install, every person I dealt with was nothing but professional. They worked to gain me as a customer the right way, touting themselves and not belittling others. Friends recommended them and I will do the same for anyone who needs their services! Good company because they have good employees who care!

Description of Work
New central AC unit

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

04/01/2020

Tony S.

Had to replace drain pipe in the shower in master bathroom.

Description of Work
Plumbing pipe repair.

Work Completed On 03/27/2020

12/06/2019

Frank C.

So far its the best estimate I have gotten. I will most likely hire them. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Analyzed my AC system gave me an estimate of what a new system would cost. Very professional and quick.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, wells

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

12/06/2019

Samuel G.

Very well. We did not have any issues. The service was straightforward. They answered all my questions. Because of their service and the way they interacted with me, I actually signed a maintenance contract with them.

Description of Work
Preformed an AC service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, wells

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

12/02/2019

Nate S.

It was very good. He was very friendly. He was knowledgeable. He was fast.

Description of Work
He unclogged a toilet.

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

09/16/2019

Laura C.

The tech was professional and very nice. He was on time and completed the tasks quickly. I would hire them again. John Guzman was my techs name. The stoppage price was a little high, but I’m no longer standing in ankle deep water when I shower so I’m happy.

Description of Work
Unstop shower drain, change shower head

Work Completed On 09/15/2019

08/26/2019

Bob K.

Went fine, and made some suggestion for the future. No high pressure sales and very informative.

Description of Work
Basic Maintenance on service contract

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

08/06/2019

Alice M.

They are efficient and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They came in and did a repair my AC units.

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

07/24/2019

Nancy S.

Overall it went great. I got service within a couple hours of when I called for the repair. The service guys, Adrian & Tyler, were very careful to put booties on each time they entered the home. Once reviewing the project they gave us options, and of course, we were shocked at the pricing to just reset the toilet. Naturally we took the cheapest price. And Adrian & Tyler did a fine job and were careful to clean up around the job. I did rate the price and professionalism down a little bit as (1) we feel the price was high for the job, (2) the quoted price was not what we were originally charged on the tablet used for billing in the home, nor was the 5% discount applied. I did not discover this until I got the email version and noticed with the breakdown it was missing. I called the office immediately and talked to Adrian (?) and he apologized for the mistake and said it was a slip up since he was in the middle of training, but he would make sure my credit card was adjusted and he would give to "Christine" to take care of right away. I was thinking I'd see in a couple days. (3) I knocked down the professionalism as I did have to call the office a couple times when after a week I still not see the credit online. Turns out there was a process - manager approves and then controller issues credit. I understand there are rules, but keep in touch with your customer and let them know. As I said overall this was a good experience and I would hire them again. Thank you for standing behind the price and discount I was quoted and making it good.

Description of Work
Reset Toilet

Cost $518.7