MHS Commercial & Residential LLC.

Founded 2008 • With Angi since August 2011

3.8

2437 South 86th Street D

Tampa, FL 33619

From Initial Design to Completed Project and all steps in between, MHS is structured to attend to every aspect of your Building or Remodeling project....

06/07/2019

Ashley A.

If you want your job done at all, find a different company. Between March 1 and April 30, 2019, we provided more than $25,000 to MHS per their schedule for our garage-to-living conversion. We acted in good faith, choosing to believe they would uphold their end of the agreement. I mean, that's what good people do and why contracts exist. As of today, we have had our home left open and unsecured for more than 40 days with no schedule for work to be continued or performed. They ignore our phone calls, texts, and emails. They ignore the phone calls, texts, and emails from subcontractors. Their websites are down. Subcontractors have notified us that MHS has not paid them for the work they’ve performed. At this point in time, we’ve come to two possible conclusions: they’ve spent our money on other projects and now have no way to pay for ours, or they’re intentionally delaying our project. This is not a comprehensive narrative of the issues we are facing with this company, just the gist.

Description of Work
Garage-to-living conversion.

Category drywall, picture framing, remodeling, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters, doors

06/06/2019

Wendy P.

MHS remodeled my bathroom last summer. Geraldo was the main worker and his English was poor so that communication was limited. I still have unresolved issues. Chris stopped answering my phone calls and the owner refused to make the necessary corrections. They have a 1 year warrantee and the owner said that was only for plumbing issues. They are short sited. For the few dollars it would take to resolve my issues they lost $40,000 in referrals and $40,000 in future work from me. I will never use MHS and never recommend them. I had a total remodel down to the walls. I expected MHS to do a thorough job, but there were so many details that I had to bring to their attention for resolution after Geraldo was done. Issues: 1) The main problem (that MHS refuses to fix or acknowledge) is that Geraldo broke the pocket door leading from the bathroom to the master bedroom. It cannot be closed because he pulled it off of the track. When installing the green board, he used the frame of the pocket door for the backing instead of building a frame as he did for the rest of the tub enclosure. There was no time during the remodeling that Geraldo needed to open or close the pocket door, but he did many times and each time he called me because he pulled the door off of the track and wanted my help opening it. MHS refused to acknowledge that Geraldo broke the pocket door and they refuse to repair it. Since the door frame was used to hang the green board, this door cannot be repaired. A new door needs to be installed. 2) A new tub was installed. The grout was brown. After grouting the tub walls, the brand new bath tub was brown!!! The new tubs have a nonskid floor and the brown stain would not wipe off of the nonskid surface. The new tub looked 30 years old!! I researched the issue on the internet, found a cleaner, and removed the stain. 3) Geraldo grouted around the lip of the tub instead of caulking. After a week of using the shower, the grout around the edge of the tub cracked so badly that water could leak through the cracks. MHS found caulk that matched the grout and caulked around the tub. 4) When Geraldo painted, he did not put down a drop cloth. The new counter and sink was covered in tiny droplets from the paint roller. MHS scraped the counter top. 5) Geraldo started to install a new light fixture and gratefully realized he could not. The light box needed to move to the right to center on the new sink. Another worker came to do the work and had trouble with the installation because Geraldo had cut an 8 inch hole in the wall, so there was no place to attach the new fixture. Somehow he made it work. 6) Geraldo painted the room and the paint job was abysmal. Places that had been repaired from towel bars being removed and the ceiling where a light was removed were not sprayed with texture. The area behind the toilet was new wallboard and texture was sprayed, but it did not match the texture of the rest of the room. He painted the pocked door. It had an oil base paint and he painted over with latex. The door would not open without paint scraping on the frame. I scraped all of the latex paint off of the pocket door. MHS credited the amount charged for painting. I painted a second coat. I have not had time to fix the texture. 7) The tile was supposed to come to the edge of the frame for the pocket door, but was a few inches short. After much gesturing, I explained to Geraldo that the molding 2” molding needed to be replace by a 3” molding the meet with the tile. The next day he brought a 3” piece of molding to install in the left side of the door frame, but molding on the top and right were still 2” molding. Again after much gesturing, he realized that the other molding needed to match and fixed this. 8) The screws in the door knob were stripped. I had to get new door knobs because the screws could no longer be tightened. 9) The top of the backsplash for the sink was caulked with white caulk, but between the sink top and the backsplash was not caulked. MSH caulked with clear caulk. 10) Geraldo grouted around the tub instead of caulking. After a week the grout around the edge of the tub cracked so badly that water could leak through the cracks. MHS found caulk that matched the grout and caulked around the tub. 11) When Geraldo painted, he did not put down a drop cloth. The new counter and sink was covered in tiny droplets from the paint roller. MHS scraped the counter top. 12) The drawer handles were not leveled and are so crooked. MHS will not fix. 13) The mirror and light fixture are not level. From one side to the other there is a difference of 1/2 inch. MSH refuses to fix. 14) The caulk around the tub fixtures is white and the tile and grout are brown. MHS will not fix. 15) Most of the tile is straight except for the trim under the shower head. There is no way to fix this now. 16) 16) Since lighting was removed I had a lamp in the bedroom. The lamp was on the other side of the pocket door in the bathroom, but for some reason Geraldo picked it up by the lampshade and the lamp separated. MHS fixed the lamp. 17) They were taking too long to finish the project. Over the weekend I installer the towel racks and I am glad I did considering that he did not user a level on the drawer handles.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

08/19/2018

Sharon S.

We are extremely pleased with our full kitchen and bath remodel. We had a few hiccups at the beginning with timing and inspections but everything was quickly rectified and back on track. MHS did everything we asked for and the quality of the work was better than expected. There were no hidden or unexpected costs at the end and they did not leave until we were completely satisfied. The owner, Rhett Mullins, was "hands on" and very attentive and responsive any time we had questions/concerns. We would strongly recommend MHS.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Remodel

Category home remodeling

03/05/2018

J T.

Great. Rhett worked with Dove Interiors and my wife to completely update a second bath. Rhett was there to help visualize the details and keep the job moving.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel and misc tile

Category contractors, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

03/28/2017

Scott K.

Exceptionally well. MHS employees were punctual, clean, professional, and courteous. Payment schedule was identified in advance, and adhered to. This is an outstanding service provider, and I highly recommend their service.

Description of Work
Master bath remodel (remove soaking tub and conversion to high-end walkin shower, and addition of a new linen closet)

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

02/07/2017

Mike H.

Excellently! Highly recommend MHS!!

Description of Work
Total remodel of two bathrooms; re-tiled most of house; installed crown molding in most rooms of house; removed patio doors and 3 large windows that separated living room from lanai and trimmed the openings with white pine

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

12/07/2015

Maria G.

From day one Rhett and his team were very professional. He has great ideas and he knows what he is doing. I am very happy and their work is amazing, all my friends and family are impressed by it. I have now 2 bathrooms in my house that look from a magazine. My biggest concern were my dogs and their safety while I was at work and the workers were working in the house, everything was fine and my furry babies love Rhett and his team which shows me that they were well treated. They are not cheap at all, highest bid but it shows on the work. We had years ago a contractor who was cheap and it was a total disaster which at the end it cost us a whole lot more. Another negative thing is the timing, it took them 2 months to do 2 bathrooms but now that I have the result, it was not that big of a deal and I didn't have to be there or take time from work. I would recommend them without a doubt and I will have them renovating my kitchen as soon as I save some money for it.

Description of Work
Gutted 2 bathrooms and rebuilt them

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

01/21/2014

Moe M.

Description of Work
Tile Install

Category flooring contractor

[removed member name] I am deeply apologetic that you were not fully satisfied with your experience in your flooring installation. As the business owner of the company I take any complaint very serious and have made numerous attempts to amend the situation by meeting with you and even performed additional work that was not classified as warranty repairs. It is my absolute #1 goal to ensure that every single customer we encounter has a wonderful experience and I continue to extend my offer to discuss things further with you and can be reached at (813)512.2922 or via email rhett@mhsbuild.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Rhett Mullins

01/21/2014

Moe M.

I choose MHS Commercial and Residential to install my high end travertine tile into my home the installation was over $12,000.00 . The tile was installed terribly. The grout lines are not even, the tiles are unleveled with corners sticking out everywhere and the tile was not sealed as promised plus not to mention they busted a refrigerator drainage line that caused a leak into my kitchen causing mold and over $20,000.00 . After the install of the tile I was getting promises weekely that they will come by the following week to do the repairs and they never showed up until 2 months later. After a few months they sent a guy to replace 8-10 tiles the tiles were removed and it took them about a month to put in the new tiles. So I had holes in my floor for months and 1 of my daughters cut her toe pretty bad. Replacing the tiles did not fix anything. They decided that the only option was is to hone the tile down. Its been 6 months and nothing has gotten repaired I had to hire a lawyer and now they are saying nothing is getting repaired and said go ahead and sue us.!!!!!! Please do yourself, family and bank account a favor and do not use MHS COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL

Description of Work
Tile install in my home of over 2000 sq ft

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

12/29/2012

Kimberly B.

Overall from the very beginning with the estimate until the last day they were at my house everything was smooth and went very well I would recommend them for all the work I have even had my mother have work done with them. Great company

Description of Work
Very good company they were on time they cleaned up THey did not leave anything undone. Very professional, all employees were nice and made sure they told us what was going on everyday the work was being done. I will use them again for more work.

09/01/2012

Marilyn W.

I received a quote from MHS which was a little higher than another estimate I received, but the company agreed to match the price when I showed them the other quote. From the beginning, everyone I dealt with from the estimator, Mr. Bolton, to the lady in the office, to the owner, Mr. Mullins, to the installers, were polite, punctual, and made certain I was satisfied. The first flooring I purchased from a local store was faulty which wasn't discovered until part way through the installation. Mr. Bolton was able to get the store manager to agree to refund that flooring so that I could purchase another. The job was finished quickly and cleanly. If it wasn't for having to paint the baseboards, I could have just moved the furniture back into the room -- and they even offered to help me move things back in! Nothing needed to be cleaned, swept, or picked up. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for other projects and would recommend them to any of my co-workers or friends.

Description of Work
Approximately 300 sq.ft. of laminate flooring with underlay was installed in my living/dining room. MHS removed and hauled away the old carpet and pad and prepared the floor for installation. The final installation was completed in about 3 hours and then shoe molding was added to the baseboards to secure the floating floor. The new floor looks wonderful.

07/27/2012

Kellie L.

He came in and demolished for the first few days. For the first week everything was going fine. During the second week, things started to go bad. I think he underestimated the job. He started to rush things when it came time to lay the wood flooring. There is a half inch strip going from one side of the kitchen to the other because he could attempted to put them in incorrectly. He tried to cover it up, but it did not work and doesn't look right. On top of that, he did about $1,000 worth of damage to my cabinets. It was a terrible experience all around. He was always late, was not responsive, and very unprofessional. I would not recommend him.

Description of Work
We hired him to demolish carpet and tile floors, and then install new hardwood floors

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor