Jack O Trades

Tampa, FL 33607

Pool patio columns, ceilings & wall remodel

Pool patio columns, ceilings & wall remodel

home remodeling202133617
The client wanted to make this space more up to date and in their style and more brightly lit, so through several phone conversations and a site visit we were able to come up with a direction the client very much liked. At the main ceiling area of the pool deck patio and the front entry porch... We removed the typical drywall patio ceiling that was having issues with humidity and surface mount lights, installed six recessed can lights in total, shimmed out the ceiling trusses to be level, installed 1x4" pine boards at 16" on center to change the direction of how the boards would lay, installed cypress (clear grade) 1x6" tongue & groove boards with a perimeter lattice trim and stained with 2 coats. At the "L" shaped wall area around the window, there was some stucco damage, so instead of repairing that we opted for a an additional wood feature. Over the inconsistent stucco, we installed shimmed 1x4" pressure treated boards to create a plumb plane. Then we chose to contrast the 1x6" tongue and groove on the ceiling with a 1x4" cypress (clear grade) board in a horizontal pattern with a 1/4" separation with two coats of stain to match the ceiling. Two columns were a bit too dainty and needed some additional character. The client chose a brick that complimented their existing pool deck pavers as the base wrap for the column and a cypress (clear grade) wrap for the upper portion of the design with two coats of stain to match the other wood work.

As a locally owned and operated business serving the Tampa Bay area since 2005, Jack O’ Trades has built an honest reputation with hundreds of clients that we foster ongoing relationships with through the years. We primarily specialize in those never ending "honey-do lists" incorporating handyman services, bathroom & kitchen remodels, decks & porches and many other household projects. Our goal is to be your trusted, go to handyman, whenever your list is ready for checking off, we want to be the company you call and rely on for years to come. Our team takes pride in the services we provide, working diligently to complete the projects our clients have entrusted us with. If you would like to discuss your upcoming projects, please contact us directly at 813.679.5657 or email us at info@jackotrades.biz. As a small company, we are quite busy, returning all requests within a few business days and scheduling many smaller projects within a week. Rest assured though we will always call you back and give you our dedicated attention -- and we hope you decide that we are worth the wait! We look forward to speaking with you soon. ...

handyman (330)door installation (58)home remodeling (58)drywall (49)woodworking (46)plumbers (41)tile installation (40)decks & porches (37)electrician (35)interior painting (30)lighting (29)flooring (29)

07/05/2022

Jack H.

VERY WELL THE TECHNICIAN DID EVERYTHING WELL AND PROFESSIONALLY AND THE WORK WAS COMPLETED IN A TIMELY MANNER

Description of Work
DOORBELL REPLACES AND WINDOW BLINDS REPAIRED

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 07/04/2022

06/14/2022

Wes B.

Jack o' Trades delivered quality work on my odd jobs around the house. Things didn't go as expected in some cases, and David's expertise allowed him to gracefully adapt to the situation and find a quality resolution. The owner, Logan, worked with me to make sure I understood my options, and leveraged his own relationships to make sure I had the expertise needed to complete the job. Working with Logan and David on this job, felt like I was working with a partner who prioritized what was best for my needs. I will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Replace 3 sink fixtures, install shower head, replace floor tiles, install ceiling fan

Category ceramic tile,handyman service,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

05/09/2022

Linda H.

I had to call them back to fix errors and they were lacking in communication skills. The worker only worked 5 hours a day extending the time to finish an extra day. The ppaint on the woodwork isn't very good.

Description of Work
Minor bathroom remodel

Category glass repair,handyman service,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/09/2022

It quite surprises me that this client left such a review for us, those times you think you have a wonderful relationship with someone to then find they are unhappy with minor parts of the work performed, is not the best feeling for me. To explain... The drain we connected on the vanity had a leak that presented itself only after we tested it several times and had left for the day, yes, that can certainly happen. Though, I would think that if you have any issue arise and we come out the next morning to take care of it, one would appreciate such service, alas, I am apparently mistaken. And had the client mentioned a concern with the painting, though I would like to say we should catch this, we could have happily resolved it for her. We are all human and can make a mistake from time to time, but in these moments it's the manner in which it is handled, and we stand behind the work we do, always. And to note, we take great pride in having exceptional communication... it's one of the many things we do very well, if you get a chance to talk, email or text with me, I believe you too will likely come to this conclusion.

10/28/2021

John A.

After years of planning, and first taking care of other needs around the house, I decided that our lanai needed a makeover, replacing our worn-out textured drywall ceiling (also in our front entryway) with tongue-and-groove wood, giving a new look to our columns, and also giving a little pizazz to one of the walls which had damaged stucco from where we had an old bar area demo’d. After obtaining a couple of estimates, one from a contractor who had already done some work for me, and another who also seemed more than capable, I stumbled upon some very favorable reviews of “Jack O’ Trades”. At first I was a little apprehensive (you know the saying: “Jack of all trades, master of none”), but I decided to call. I remember Logan Steege taking a significant amount of time chatting with me even on that first call about various ideas. He was very thorough, didn’t seem rushed, and spent a good 30-35 minutes on the phone with me. He genuinely seemed interested. It was only a few days later that he had Brian (Bigelow) come out to the house to take a look, and between the two of them, they came up with an estimate after Logan gave me some additional ideas from Pinterest. I ultimately decided to go with them, and put down my deposit. Now then, Logan coordinates the work, but Brian actually works alone, so it was going to take longer to complete than had I gone with someone else. I ended up getting cold feet late in the pre-work process, and had a company entirely devoted to wood ceilings come out to give me an estimate. I must admit, they gave a good sales pitch, but in the end, my conscience won, as I had already given my word to Logan. Well, I’m glad that I did. Brian completed the work today, and I must say, it turned out even better than I had imagined. Logan communicated with me frequently throughout the entire process, and Brian was meticulous in his work. He demo’d our existing drywall ceilings, and replaced them with cypress tongue-and-groove. He also built out our existing 3x3 inch aluminum posts with wood and schluter board to a base of ~12x12 inches with brick veneers, topped with fashioned capstones, themselves topped with stained wood wraps and corner guards. We also installed five recessed lights, and Brian coordinated his work with a separate company’s crew, which installed an entertainment system. My 89 year old mother, who lives with us, looked thru the sliding glass door a few days ago, and said: “Boy, he’s thorough.” The area in question is so relaxing now, and a big hit with our kids. Don’t let the name fool you. They don’t just do small jobs. This was a major renovation, and the craftsmanship and dedication was evident from the start. It wasn’t cheap, but was competitive nonetheless. Brian was timely, enjoyable to talk to, mild-mannered, and respectful. He also was immaculate in cleaning up every single day. I’ve already asked to be put on the schedule for some additional work I’d like done inside the house. I can’t recommend Jack O’ Trades highly enough!

Description of Work
Lanai remodel

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

Review for Jack O Trades - Tampa, Tampa, FL - 39524032

07/25/2021

ANTOINETTE J.

Everything went fantastic. High quality of work and service. I will continue to use Jack O Trades!

Description of Work
Deck Install-Demo 12x24' deck surface;Install pressure treated deck boards;Pressure wash & return to stain. Repair rotted areas on front porch.Install 3 ceiling fans plus a light.

Category decks,gutter repair,handyman service,pressure washing,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/14/2021

07/23/2021

Sherry F.

I was extremely pleased with the work they did. Their professionalism was equally impressive as their craftsmanship. They kept great communication going throughout my experience. They were meticulous and committed to excellence in their work. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and highly recommend their services to anyone looking to have home improvements done. (I have pictures of the finished projects but not before and after photos.)

Description of Work
Built a pantry and closet shelving/organization

Category home & garage organization,home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/23/2021

Review for Jack O Trades - Tampa, Tampa, FL - 39414280

07/22/2021

Marla S.

Absolutely wonderful. Kenny is like having an expert in the family. He’s professional friendly and really is a jack of all trades. Logan has been a pleasure to deal with, and I wouldn’t hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
Rescreened with pet screen an entire porch also repaired broken closet shelving.

Category closet systems,screen repair,chimney repair,sunrooms

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

07/22/2021

David C.

GREAT! Brian did a great job completed on time and within budget

Description of Work
Demolish a deck and Bathroom remodeling

Category countertops,decks,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,glass repair,handyman service,lighting,plastering,plumbing,deck cleaning,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

Review for Jack O Trades - Tampa, Tampa, FL - 39413498

07/16/2021

KAREN C.

Great! I would have these guys back for any such projects in my condo.

Description of Work
Create a storage closet out of the space that was a wet bar, install a drain for a dehydrating machine.

Category closet systems,handyman service,plumbing,chimney repair,woodworking,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

05/27/2021

Judy F.

Is it too much to ask for a call back?

Description of Work
Handyman work

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 05/27/2021

We call all of our customers back at least twice in an attempt to make contact. Sometimes it takes a couple days as we get many messages, and it is hard to call back immediately on top of the work we are doing.

-Handyman projects & honey do lists -Bathroom & kitchen remodeling, Flooring installation/repair, minor electrical & plumbing repairs/installations, Carpentry, Tile, Drywall, Painting & exterior staining, Various home repair & installations, Interior & exterior trim work, Fixture installation & household installations...We do our best to assist with everything around the home, from time to time we run into things that are out of our scope.

Roofing, tree removal, additions & new construction.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check