Independent Tree Service Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since September 2001

2609 N Armenia Ave Shop - 2609 N Armenia Ave Tampa 33607

Tampa, FL 33607

22 employees. 4 ISA CERTIFIED ARBORISTS. No subs. Cost is determined by job. Super Service Award 16 YEARS IN A ROW! 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 License - 10286, 9623 & 7083. Additional contact name - Jerry Upcavage, Jordan Upcavage,

10/26/2022

Larry S.

Great. Very professional and very safe.

Description of Work
Removal of 2 very large oak trees

09/14/2022

Regina C.

Marti is pleasant, professional, and eager to please his customers. His team crew leader Austin is so easy to communicate with. He gets the job done quickly and makes it look easy. He and his team actually clean up the area as they work which means a great deal to me. I trusted them on our property and would definitely hire them again. Two minor issues were resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. I highly recommend Independent Tree Service, Inc.

Description of Work
Multiple Trees were removed within 6 feet of home, some were trimmed, and shrubs within 5 feet of home were trimmed and most were removed prior to new roof installation.

02/17/2022

Linda C.

Very professional knowledgeable and definetely a certified arborist

Description of Work
tree service

11/09/2021

Cilia L.

Excellent job from beginning to end. Curtis and his crew were outstanding. This was a huge job and they handled it with no problems at all. They seemed to enjoy their work and were very pleasant. The clean up after was meticulously done. I think they picked up every leaf! They even blew the leaves out of the gutter over my lanai and it was very full before they even came. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Extensive pruning of grand oak and several more trees.

Category hauling services, tree service

06/17/2021

Angie C.

The job went very well from start to finish. I will use Independent Tree Service again and will be recommending them to others.

Description of Work
Large limb from Grand Love Oak removed from over the roof, removing dead limbs from Laurel Oak and removing 3 Podocarpus.

Category firewood, hauling services, tree service, roof cleaning

Thank you so much for your business and the review, we do love our job taking care of our client's trees and keeping them as safe as possible. Jerry

06/16/2021

Bryan Y.

Their crews were very professional and had all of the necessary equipment to do the job safely and efficiently. The owner, Jerry, is an experienced arborist and gave us great advice on what to remove, trim etc. to keep our trees healthy and well-groomed. I highly recommend their company. -Bryan

Description of Work
Tree Removal and Tree Trimming at Home and Office

Category tree service

Thank you for taking the time for our review. My crew members take great pride in their craft of Arboriculture. My job as owner is to train and equip them so we can offer the highest level of knowledge and service for our clients. Thanks again for your business! Jerry

06/01/2021

Mark R.

I was called several days in advance and informed that they would be here midday. They appeared 2 days later at 11:45am and began working immediately. Large branches taken down with the use of a bucket truck. All branches were put in a chipper. Main trunk (>5' diameter) cut in pieces. Second truck came and removed pieces of main trunk. Then they raked the yard! Everything landed in a landing zone within 8' of trunk. No damage to plants, yard irrigation system or sidewalks. Licensed & insured. All work was performed exacly as explained and at the fair price estimated. They left at 2pm. Incredible work! nice to see a company that takes such pride in their work. I will use again and highly recommend to anyone needing tree work.

Description of Work
Removal of 35' oak tree

Category hauling services, tree service

05/20/2021

Linda C.

They are excellent! Their guys are professional, kind, hardworking and very thorough. They are very detailed.

Description of Work
He pruned the tree limb away from 2nd storey roof, home and lanai. He reduce the ligustrum to the middle of the first storey window. Everything was cleaned up.

05/10/2021

Pam H.

Every step of the way this was a great experience. Would highly recommend to anyone in need of tree services.

Description of Work
Tree removal & trimming

05/06/2021

Charles L.

It went great. Curtis and his crew showed up on the appointed date, got the job done with no damage to nearby shrubs or fencing, and left everything clean and neat. Couldn’t ask for more

Description of Work
Remove a laurel oak

03/25/2021

Andrew S.

From start to end, everything was professional, efficient, and friendly. Reasonable price for the amount of work done.

Description of Work
Removal of dead tree and trimming of live trees

03/12/2021

mike M.

Repeat customer. James and his crew did great! Performed the tree trimming work safely , cleaned up afterwards and made sure I approved the finished product. Good people, good company, right tools & equipment for the job. Will hire again when tree trimming is needed again.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and haul away

03/10/2021

Mary B.

The team that did the work, Nathan and Steven, were wonderful. They went over the project before they began work and then walked me through what they had done when the work was finished. After they were finished with the work, a third team member arrived to remove all of the tree parts, leaves, palm fronds, etc. - by the time they left, it was spotless. All this - and done for a very fair price. I would recommend this company without hesitation - you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
I needed trimming of some mature oak trees, as well as removal of a diseased palm tree, trimming up a healthy palm, and trimming of trees/large shrubs which were hanging into my yard from my neighbor's yard.

03/09/2021

Terry L.

Top notch experience from booking for the estimate to the work being done. Punctual and professional! I appreciate that Jordan, who gave the estimate, is an arborist and provides an honest opinion with a goal of saving, not cutting down, trees. Matt and team, who did the work, were also knowledgeable and it was apparent that they knew exactly what they were doing. Really impressed with Independent and will only hire them for future tree work. A+++

Description of Work
Tree removal and trimming

03/08/2021

Dulce G.

Kim Schwencke and myself, Dulce would like to highly recommend Independent Tree Services. We have been doing businesses with them for many years and are satisfied every time. Our crew foreman Chris did an excellent job, we are very happy!!!! Most definitely a 5 Star Company we can recommend with confidence for their expert services. Satisfaction Guarantee!!!!

Description of Work
Tree Service

02/09/2021

GWEN G.

I have been using them for several times, they were very honest and upfront of what they were going to do. They were recommended to me by omega tree service several years ago. I will be continuing to use them for other service that I need.

Description of Work
They trimmed the trees so that it would never be too close to my roof. they took some of the branches, they make it thin so that the branches will lift up.

Category tree service

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for being a 2x repeat customer! We are delighted to take care of your property and are happy to say that your trees are in good shape for the next few years. Please give us a buss then! -Jordan Upcavage ISA Certified Arborist FL-6264A ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ)

02/01/2021

Sudhir V.

It went very well and Austin is very good experienced and he did excellent job and I will definitely ask them in future services.

Description of Work
They Cut several trees and cleaned very good

01/25/2021

Cathy A.

They showed up exactly on time and did a very good job.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Category firewood, tree service

Thank you so much for the review. Curtis and crew take great pride and want to keep your trees as healthy as possible. Thanks again for your business! Jerry

01/12/2021

MICHAEL D.

First time using Independent Tree Services -- saw them in my neighborhood and decided to try them after another service was unresponsive. Utilized service provider for tree trimming and removal of a tree. Very responsive, a knowledgable arborist came out and made recommendations, gave a detailed estimate and SOW. Workers came on time, gave a call ahead of time, and were professional. Did a thoroughly good job of cleanup. Additionally, the worker admitted to me that a frond from a tall palm had dropped and hit / cracked a roof tile (it was windy the day they trimmed). He apologized, gave me a digital picture, and related he would tell his foreman (Justin). Justin called me same-day, apologized, and was flexible with how to handle the repair. Very, very rarely have I worked with a service provider who was above board like this. They did good work and will be on speed dial for any of my next tree services.

Description of Work
Trimming of tall palms, removal of a straw pine.

Category tree service

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to write this review. Accidents sometimes happen in our industry, even when we are practicing ANSI Best Management Practices, we strive to minimize these incidents by discussing them each morning during our safety meeting. You were a pleasure to do business with and thank you for assisting in arranging the replacement of the roof tile. We look forward to earning your business again! -Jordan Upcavage ISA Certified Arborist FL-6264A ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ)

12/17/2020

Terry M.

Excellent. I got a proposal from Jerry as part of a larger job he was doing for my next door neighbor. I feel I got a great price as his team were due to be next door doing work anyway. However, due to time constraints and some mis-communication on my part this was not possible. The net result was that Jerry had to send out a team on a different date, but he honored the original price quoted and we simply re-arranged the schedule date. Curtis and Dee arrived as agreed and removed the trees and then Dee returned and took care of the stump grinding. I was very impressed with their work, both of them were easy to work with and did a very professional job. Throughout the process Jerry and Christi stayed in touch with e-mails and texts and everything went without a hitch. I would highly recommend Independent Tree Services and will definitely use them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Cut down and removal of 2 crepe myrtle trees with stump grinding to level ground

Category tree service

Thank you so much for the great review from field to office personnel. Every once in a while there's a glitch in our scheduling or little gremlins that pop up and change a situation and we do our best to figure it out and solve the issue. Thanks again for your business and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Jerry

12/09/2020

Barbara H.

I was very pleased with the service. Jerry, the owner, an arborist, was great to work with; very easy to contact and thorough in his proposal. The crew foreman, Curtis, was professional and thorough, as well, and reviewed with me all the work to done ahead of time and once the job was complete. The crew seemed very skilled--knew exactly what they were doing, and did it safely and cleanly. The work involved my neighbor's trees so I was especially focused on it being done right, and Independent Tree Service, Inc. made sure that it was. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Trimming large oak branches over lanai and removal of some palm trunks on neighbor's property

Category tree service

It was my pleasure working with you and solving the delicate nature when dealing with neighbor's overhanging tree issues. Property rights law allow you to cut whatever is overhanging your property but it must be done with consideration to the neighbor that owns the tree. Simple communication with both parties and the explanation of what we are doing would not be considered excessive pruning and will not damage the tree is usually all the owner of the tree needs to hear from a qualified Certified Arborist. Thanks again for your business and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. Jerry

12/02/2020

Mike P.

All work was professionally completed even though some of it had to be postponed because of a tropical storm. The owner clearly knew how best to handle our problems and was a knowledgeable resource. We would use this service again in the future.

Description of Work
Tree Removal, Tree Trimming and Stump Grinding

Category firewood, tree service

Mr. [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you and your wife. Thank you for your business and flexibility with job scheduling. Hurricane ETA threw us a curve ball on your original work date. Please let us know if we can be of service at a later date! -Jordan

12/01/2020

STEVE F.

This was a complex tree trimming job involving multiple individual homeowners along an active golf course with difficult access. Job was completed with precision, care and attention to every detail; from arriving as promised to remarkable clean-up, using ‘turf friendly’ lift vehicles, professional courteous staff with impressive work ethic, skill and service. This is an excellent company and an owner and staff who are knowledgeable and clearly work well together to achieve desired outcome for customer(s), while keeping the health of the trees, surrounding environment and structures safe and healthy. I highly recommend Jerry and Independent Tree Service.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Category firewood, tree service

Thank you so much for your kind review, it was a pleasure working for you and solving your tree issues and still keeping viable trees. My crew takes great pride in providing top-notch customer service and arbor care. We have updated our fleet with the most modern and efficient equipment available. Thanks again for using Independent Tree Service. Jerry

11/18/2020

Linda M.

We have used Jordan and independent tree service in the past and will always call them for our trees. They do great work and clean up, very professional and punctual and fair in price. The main guy on the crew that actually did the work is also a certified arborist. Most importantly Jordan loves and respects our beautiful trees. He is so knowledgable about trees and plants and I just know my beloved grand oak is safe with him. These guys are the best.

Description of Work
Trimming oak trees

Category tree service

You definitely have quite the majestic Live Oak in your back yard! Curtis the crew leader is a great team member and is a fantastic production arborist. Thank you for your continued business and please give us a call in a few years when you are ready for round three of pruning! -Jordan Upcavage

11/18/2020

Karen M.

Perfect!!!!! Called the office...Christi was very professional and accommodating towards my schedule. Jordan, certified Arborist, came out to assess the situation and give us a quote which was very affordable/fair. He was very professional and took the time to answer our questions. Trimmers (3) came out promptly as scheduled....arrived right on time and got right to work after first carefully removing my birdfeeders near the tree and setting them aside for safety. They treated the birdfeeders with such care!!!! They worked hard the entire time they were there on my property. Never seen them sit down! Totally cleaned up the area....raking all the grass below/around the tree. They left it cleaner than when they got there!! Extremely impressed with their quality work and completely professional work ethic!!!!! Today...Jordan called to touch bases to be sure we were completely satisfied! Wow! Excellent work! Excellent company! Job well done!!! 5 stars!!!!!

Description of Work
Trimming old Laurel Oak Tree

Category tree service

Thank you very much for leaving us a detailed review. My sister, Christi in our office is a gem, she does a great job handling the phone and all office admin; we are truly a family business! And, thank you for mentioning the crew: Curtis, Matt, and Mackenzie. They are a great group of guys that really treat your trees like their were their own. Your Laurel Oak is now in good shape, enjoy the birds, and give us a call in a few years for round 2! - Jordan Upcavage

Radetski Pressure Washing LLC

Radetski Pressure Washing LLC specializes in taking pride in our work. We are always on time and always reliable. Our chemicals are pet and plant friendly. We always give Quality work for an affordable price ! Licensed and insured

Award 2022
    Prince Pressure Washing & Soft Wash Inc

PPW & Soft Wash Inc. is a certified soft wash company that is safe and environmentally friendly. We sanitize the exterior surfaces using a biodegradable cleaning solution to get rid of dirt and grime. It also kills mold, mildew, algae, fungus, and bacteria. PPW and Soft Wash Inc. is your solution for a variety of exterior cleaning services for your home and business. A certified professional service technician is ensured to arrive on time with the right equipment to maintain and restore your exterior surfaces. When you soft wash your exterior surfaces you will get a longer lifespan our of your paint and roof. We are licensed, insured, and certified. Why choose us: Licensed and insured Professional Equipment Top-grade cleaning agents Professional and certified soft wash company Certified technician 100% customer service satisfaction

Award 2022
    Paradigm Property Services LLC

Paradigm Property Services offers a wide variety of exterior home detailing services. Services such a power and soft washing for all parts of your home from the roof to the driveway. We also specialize in asphalt shingle roof cleaning to eliminate the unsightly black streaks you may see on your homes roof. We are a small business focused on customer satisfaction and providing the highest quality of service while improving the overall look of your home.

Offers by Paradigm Property Services LLC on Angi

9623.0000
    Hillsborough County
    Hillsborough County Contractor Licensing
    09/30/2019
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Tree trimming, removals, storm prep, storm cleanup, consultation regarding tree preservation, root pruning & stump grinding, lightning protection, cabling & bracing

Tree planting & spraying, landscaping.