Groves Electric Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2004

530 Luzon Ave

Tampa, FL 33606

Family owned business. Free quotes, no trip or fuel charges. 6 highly skilled workers with an average of 15 years experience each. No down payment is required for homeowners, we do not receive payment until you are satisfied with our job!...

12/20/2021

Kenneth C.

I've used them in the past and they are professional, timely, reasonably priced, easy to work with and they do quality work.

Description of Work
Switched out a light switch and check fans on bed room and switched out some lights on the ceiling

08/25/2020

tim B.

This was a big job requiring two visits and coordination with the power company to bury my power line and replace the main box. Mr. Groves did everything including coordinating with the power company and the City inspector. All work was done on time and on budget. Very professional and timely.

Description of Work
replace main box from the power line

08/16/2020

PATRICIA M.

The work was done in a satisfactory manner. I appreciate the time involved with the main worker in charge helping to educate me about LED lighting. With COVID 19 a major concern, my 83 year old husband did wear his mask as did I the whole time the workers were here, but they chose not to wear masks. If the employer does not supply masks, I would highly recommend they do. After the work was completed, I realized that perhaps I should have offered disposable blue masks to them at the front door. All I mentioned was that we were both "very old people."

Description of Work
Ceiling fixture not working; kitchen wall outlets needed to be replaced.

08/02/2019

Cathy D.

Chris the owner, called me an hour after I had requested a quote. Jon and Eddie arrived an hour later and provided a quote and completed the work same day. Excellent job done even offering to link the switches for ease of use. They went above and beyond, they were thorough and very professional. I would definitely recommend Groves Electric. This is the second time I have used them to complete electrical work and I will call them in the future.

Description of Work
Placement of new LED lights in the garage to enable the new garage door to close

07/09/2019

PATRICIA M.

The team was available in less than 4 hours from the request being made by phone. I had removed the shades from the old light fixture and had the new one ready for mounting, including bulbs needed. They were very neat and had to deal with a "popcorn" ceiling. The old fixture was placed near our trash bens for disposal.

Description of Work
A ceiling light fixture needed to be replaced. Also a wall switch in the kitchen was loose.

Category electrician, lighting

05/03/2019

DENNIS B.

John was very courteous and professional as well as punctual within the requested time window. I am a disabled VET and have a great deal of difficulty with walking (even with wheeled WALKER). I have been frustrated by breakers being tripped when cooking and my breaker box is outside on side of home. John trouble shooted and gave me a solution as well as a free estimate to upgrade my breaker panel. I am extremely satisfied with the service call and very impressed with the courtesy as well as professionalism.

Description of Work
Evaluation of breakers tripping while using two appliances simultaneously in kitchen.

Category electrician

Thank you for your kind words. We are very lucky to have such experienced and professional electricians working on our team. We appreciate your business and consider it an honor to help those that have served our country.

01/19/2019

Bruce M.

We have worked with Groves Electric for several years. They made the appointment at the date and time of my choosing. They arrived at the exact time of the appointment. Jason gave an estimate immediately for the work involved which we approved. He immediately went to work. During the appointment, another colleague joined Jason to complete the work. In one of the lighting fixtures, they found a defect in the mounting plate and electrical box. They went into the attic and corrected that problem (without additional cost) prior to installing the hanging lamp. All the work was done professionally and promptly. Chris Groves, the owner of Groves Electric stopped by to say hello and make sure we were happy with the work. Bottom line, the service was superb.

Description of Work
We had three light fixtures and two ceiling fans installed

06/19/2018

Leisa R.

Everything works like a charm! Groves was very responsive from the start. John & Eddie are an excellent team. Both were very professional. After a thorough evaluation, John took the time to explain my options & why. The quality of work performed was excellent & both men are pleasant to talk with.

Description of Work
Power surge issues, kitchen/dining rm re-wiring, panel box work

05/10/2018

Stephen J.

Spoke with the owner and he had a team out to look at my job the very next day at no charge. The workers were very nice and courteous and went through my list of things that I needed to have fixed before I could sell my house and came with a bid that was a little higher than what some other electricians had given me. Out of all the people I called though they were the quickest and most responsive when it came to coming to bid the job as well as get the work done although I chose not to use them I definitely would recommend them to other people given their responsiveness,attention to detail and explanation of what needed to be done

Description of Work
Had them come out to bid on a project to do a lot of electrical work for a four point inspection needed to sell my house.

04/15/2018

Cathy D.

Work completed in one day. Exceptionally professional and helpful electricians. Work was neat and well thought out. Work space thoroughly cleaned before departure. I will definitely hire Jon and Jason again.

Description of Work
Added electric wiring in order to move washer and dryer from the garage to inside the house. Added wiring for outdoor lighting. Repaired ballast for garage light.

03/23/2018

steven W.

These guys are the best. Arrived exactly on time. Eddie and Jon are very friendly and did a quality and professional job. Price was lower than other estimates. Additionally, they came up with a more elegant solution than the others who wanted to run wiring on bare walls. Installed a 50amp NEMA 14-50 plug for Tesla charging. Now it’s hidden and working well. I would definitely use them again and recommend highly.

Description of Work
EV plug install

02/01/2018

Kristine L.

Excellent company. Jon and Jason arrived promptly, provided a fair quote and completed the job right away. I reached out later in the day to share a minor concern and the crew was at my house within 20 minutes to look at it. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Replace smoke alarms, repair light socket and disable alarm system.

Category electrician, home security systems

12/04/2017

Tom C.

Did good work, just a little pricy for my book.

Description of Work
Outlet repaired

11/10/2017

jo C.

I really really like them. I would use them again.

11/07/2017

Alexis L.

Absolute professionals! Clean, on time, and organized. I will definitely hire them again!!

Description of Work
Wiring of 3 x 40 amp circuts in order to install tankless water heater.

Category electrician, water heater repair

10/23/2017

Donna E.

They have done several project for us replacing electrical box, hanging lights. They have done a great job, no issues, very pleasant to deal with and very neat.

Description of Work
Electrical

09/17/2017

Daniel E.

Chis came on a Saturday and did not charge me extra as other electricians wanted to do. Fair price, quality work.

Description of Work
Had a blow breaker in my outside AC box and an inside breaker was also out. New box outside and new breaker inside, now my AC works.

08/02/2017

Colleen F.

Totally exceeded my expectations. They were very responsive, returning my call with 15 minutes. When I arrived home at 11:25 for my 11:30 appointment with them, they were already there waiting for me. Jon and Jason were very friendly, and very professional. They fixed the dryer in less than 20 minutes, then asked if there was anything else I would like them to look at because I had them for the whole hour. This company will be my go-to for all things electric from now on.

Description of Work
My dryer vent caught on fire and I was concerned that the wall outlet had burned out as well. The dryer, outlet, and vent needed to be inspected to determine the necessary repairs.

07/13/2017

jeff S.

We've used them a lot over the years. This is our go too company. We've done our research on them as far as price and everything.

Description of Work
They did some repair.

06/10/2017

Brian G.

They’re good. They’re just professional, and they know what they’re doing.

Description of Work
They did electrical work for me.

05/27/2017

Barbara E.

When I called Wednesday to ask for an estimate. They made an appointment for Friday morning. Arrived on time, provided an estimate, and said they could do the work that day or next week if desired. Wow!! We had not even purchased the fans yet since we wanted to be sure the job was "feasible." They did a great job! We now have two flush mount ceiling fans (in our low ceiling family room). The air flow is WONDERFUL. The two men were courteous, professional, responsive, and even cleaned up thoroughly when they were finished. We have used Groves Electric for two projects and been delighted both times. However, they are pretty expensive. We didn't mind since the work was very well done, but definitely not the inexpensive option.

Description of Work
We spend our evenings in our family room, but the air flow and temperature control are the worst in the house. We didn't want to replace the HVAC system, so we asked Groves Electric (who did work for us previously) to give us an estimate on installing two ceiling fans in the 20x20 room. They would have to tap power in the far wall and run that power to the fans without access to an attic. Lucky for us, the joists went the "right" way, so they could thread the power without running wires or conduit across the ceiling.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

05/13/2017

Sean G.

Great, punctual, quick and very easy to work with. Definitely would recommend.

Description of Work
Replace Malibu lighting control box, replaced shed lighting and replaced some outdoor plug covers.

05/03/2017

Stephen U.

Excellent. Quick, knowledgeable, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Replaced two defective circuit breakers and install about 6 GFCI plugs.

04/27/2017

Elinor B.

Very well. Knowledgeable, performed extra small service when at the appointment that was not part of job, very pleasant punctual and professional. Not cheap but a fair price it seemed.

Description of Work
Installed a better bathroom fan, replaced laundry light,

04/26/2017

Fran T.

Electricians were friendly, professional, made suggestions and the price was great!

Description of Work
Outside electrical outlets replaced.

Minuteman Plumbing, LLC

Sarasota County area water heating expert! 25+ years experience! We supply contractor grade to the consumer at a great price! Most knowledgeable person in electric, gas, natural gas and tankless and solar too! Did I mention we are ALL knowledgeable on all things sewer and drain cleaning! Our motto “No drain left unclogged “ will prove helpful in your time of need! We come out 24/7 to solve your problem!

Offers by Minuteman Plumbing, LLC on Angi
    Landscape Lighting Masters, Inc.

We specialize in the design, installation, repair and service of low voltage, L.E.D., architectural and landscape lighting systems. We offer free night time demonstrations to our potential customers to ensure that they know exactly what they're getting BEFORE committing to a proposal. Most landscape lighting companies don't offer this service to their potential customers. All materials we use are quality, offer good warranties and perform for many, many years. Call us! (727) 389-7005 We also have a rather unique system of installation were we utilize power distribution hubs and we NEVER use wire nuts or clips buried directly in the ground. We do a great job every single time and we work with our customers to give them a lighting system that offers security, value and beauty to their homes.

Pleasant Lightscapes Inc

Finest Outdoor Lighting Company in Southwest Florida! Professional Landscape & Architectural Lighting - Specializing in Low Volatge LED, Lifetime Warranty Products & Installations. While other homes are disappearing into the night your home will come to life as a showpiece of design sensibility. We understand your home is more than just a residence to you. It should be a visual masterpiece that friends, neighbors, even passerby’s can’t help but stop and take notice. All of our custom designed systems are the result of a personal collaboration with each individual client. You have your own specific style and taste. We are here to ensure your lighting system will reflect this. You hire us not for the lights, but for our expertise in design, our expertise in LED lighting, our professionalism in installation and the long term support and care for our clients. Fully licensed & insured.

ER13012859
    Florida
    Florida: General
    01/01/1900

Residential complete home re-wiring, service panel upgrades, troubleshooting, security & landscape lighting, light fixture replacements, ceiling fans, data & phone lines, GFI circuits, smoke detectors

Appliance repair. Spa repairs