Florida Lifetime Impact Window & Door Inc

Founded 2009 • With Angi since January 2010

4714 Distribution Dr

Tampa, FL 33605

Florida Lifetime Impact Window and Door is the only Factory Trained and Certified Gorell dealer and installer in the state of Florida. Our Service area stretches from Ocala South To Naples and From Tampa East to Orlando. We offer "Premium Service and Premium Products at a fair and honest price. $150 cash for every referred sale Additional phone numbers - (813) 443-5811, (727) 798-6941. Additional websites: www.tampawindows.org. www.floridalifetimeimpact.com...

05/06/2014

Marla A.

Florida Lifetime was terrific. They are extremely knowledgeable, professional and punctual. Anything we wanted to know about windows they knew. They did a beautiful job. The windows are well installed and because of this the temperature in our home is constant now. The county building inspector came by and was actually impressed with the work done, that we gave him the company's number. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
New windows installation

05/12/2013

Sue S.

Michael Lane has been out to my house several times to measure and answer all of my questions. However, since the work has not yet been done, Ii really can't "finish" this story at this time. I feel confident that he will do a good job and that I'll be pleased, but the jury is still out at this time. The job was completed in June of 2013, and I was absolutely DELIGHTED! All of the new windows and doors are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Plus, the resulting noise reduction in my house is unbelievable. I had a few minor issues, but Michael took care of them to my complete satisfaction. In the highly unlikely case that I'd buy another house that needed windows and doors, I would absolutely hire him again and, if I happen to learn of anyone looking for these services, I would recommend him "hands down" above anyone else. He is a really good guy - very honest, trustworthy, and reliable.

Description of Work
I have signed a contract to have all of my windows and doors replaced with hurricane ones. The owner, Michael Lane, tells me that the window supplier is running a few weeks behind schedule right now, so I have not actually had the work done yet, therefore, it's hard to make any kind of final evaluation. UPDATE: I just realized that I never updated this review. The job was completed in June of 2013.

12/27/2012

Richard O.

The quality of the installation wasn't very good; I had to have them come back several times. They ended up having to install a new door. However, the main principle of the company did come out afterwards to make some minor adjustments and to make sure we were satisfied.

Description of Work
We purchased three exterior doors from them which they also installed.

Category doors

07/26/2012

Angie C.

They did a great job. They were nice and respectful. They did very good quality work. They tried not to make any noise and they cleaned up after the work. They put all my furniture and my curtains back. They were the best. They brought the windows with them and finished the job in 2 days. They even gave us a free door. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We used Florida Lifetime Impact Window & Door Inc to install new windows. They installed a bout 22 windows.

04/01/2012

Keith C.

Following the proposal which we accepted, the entire project from beginning to end was completed in timely and professional manner. The crew who was assigned to this job worked daily until they had completed that portion of the project which had been undertaken for that day. When they left each evening you would had know anyone had been at our residence working. There was a couple of modifications to the house to accommodate the installation of the sliding glass doors and the french doors. Everything was done by the crew from Florida Lifetime and the stucco contractor in a very professional manner. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. A very pleasant experience for once.

Description of Work
Fifteen windows and 4 sliding glass doors were replaced with double impact windows and sliding doors and one set of French doors with one fixed panel. Some modifications had to be made due to the age of the old and new windows and doors. All the work was done in a prompt and very professional manner. I was amazed that a team of three men could replace the fifteen windows in a little over a day. Their work was outstanding. They cleaned up their mess as they finished and at the end of the day it looked as if no one had been at our home working. The three panel glass sliding door that was replaced with a fixed panel and French doors required some modification to the opening and this was done quickly and efficiently.

03/13/2012

Thomas W.

No work was performed.

Description of Work
The company contacted me, made an appointment for the salesman to call, and the salesman arrived at my home right on time. He made a very professional presentation and promised to get back to me within a week with details of price and availability. After three weeks I have heard nothing more from the company. That doesn't seem very professional. Obviously, no work has been performed.

02/19/2012

Steven W.

N/a

Description of Work
No work perform. I ask the sales person to give me an estimate to replace one of my window that has broken. He did not say anything impolite or rude it is just the body langguage and the eyes contact shows unfriendly message such as you have no idea how expensive will be for you. It seems you can not afford it ( it may be because I dont have a million dollar home or nice home.) Well overall it turn off my desire plan to used the company eventhough I can afford it. The estimate of the window is $7788.00. I am sure if my house looks better, he will represent in different way. I ask another company to give me an estimate, and see how they will present the costumer service for me who does not have a million dollar home:(

08/27/2011

Lou M.

Start to finish and final inspection the job was done very well. Sales Representative, office staff, technicians and installers were all professional and courteous. The technicians installing the windows and doors were very knowledgeable and professional and the project was completed without any delaying incidents. There was one item on which a call back was required - the local building inspector required that additional fasteners in the door frames be installed in the thickest part of the door frame. The original fasteners were sufficient but the inspector said that the local preference was to install them as he recommended. The company was very responsive and within a week had a technician on site to install the additional fasteners. I was very pleased with the quality of the work and would recommend Florida Lifetime Impact Window & Door Inc to anyone considering having impact windows and doors installed in their home or business.

Description of Work
Replaced 13 existing windows with Gorell Armor Max Plus wind and impact resistant windows. 8 double hung opening windows, 3 picture windows, and 2 slider windows. Replaced 3 egress doors with wind and impact resistant doors. Main entry door with impact glass decorative opening. Side Garage door with impact half window containing internal mini blindt. Patio door with impact full window containing internal mini blind.

Category garage doors, replacement windows, doors

06/04/2011

Bonnie W.

We ordered about 28 Gorell windows from them for a remodel. The second floor was completely rebuilt so we had both new construction and replacement windows. The salesman was very nice, but maybe not so experienced. He had our blueprint plans to work with, but missed the fact that we needed tempered glass or impact window over the tub to meet code. He definitely should have known this. Also, in some places we put 2 windows side by side which requires a mullion (the piece that goes between them to anchor them together). We got the runaround when we tried to get the mullions from them. Couldn't get a straight answer out of them, they kind of tried to act like it was something the installer should get and they didn't have them, then they changed their tune and got them for us. All in all, we're happy with the windows, just not the company. Unreturned calls, mistakes, etc. I'd say if you buy windows from them, let your contractor deal with them and make sure the order is right and complete.

Description of Work
Ordered windows from them. Did not use them for installation.

04/28/2011

jeffery L.

the company rep was on time, polite and professional, but used the 3 hour dog and pony show to try to wear us down and hope that we would buy...didn't happen

Description of Work
Requsted an estimate for replacing 8 windows, 4 sliders, front door with sidelights and a transome. Price estimated was $13,000 more than what I actually paid. Overly expensive for the product and it's installation

04/15/2011

Catherine V.

Appointment for interview/demonstration was prompt, professional, almost overkill with details. Gorell product is excellent, custom, wind resistant, warrantied for virtually everything. Actual replacement was excellent, quick, clean. I have mixed feelings because I was in a rush to capture the government's rebate that expired at the end of 2010. I'd waited until the last minute, so I probably paid for more than I needed to. I won't be able to afford additional Gorell windows, and will go much cheaper when I replace my smaller bedroom windows. However, I felt much safer in my two big rooms in a recent high wind, and my two biggest windows look terrific. If you can afford top quality/service, I certainly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Custom windows to replace two large drafty old picture windows in front living room and at back of house/family room overlooking park. Replaced both in one day

01/25/2011

Jackie J.

The job went just fine. They were very professional. The only comment I had is the adhesive or sealer they use around the windows, evidently in order to be strong enough it also has a strong odor. So for a few days you have that strong odor in the house, but I think that's probably a necessary thing. I would tell others that they were very professional and cleaned up nicely after themselves. They worked rapidly, there was no delay and they got all 9 windows in in one day. I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Florida Lifetime Impact Window & Door Inc replaced all of the windows in my house. They were hurricane proof windows and altogether there were 9 windows.

01/20/2011

Jeanne M.

Professional company, pleasant people, excellent product, fair price, timely and punctual.

Description of Work
Had four windows replaced.

12/16/2010

Joy M.

The Operations Manager Fred arrived on time as promised. He reviewed our needs, provided us with appropriate options, and a cost estimate. Fred was very knowledgeable, and gave us a good deal of education on how the project would be done. Ultimately, we signed with another company only because they had done work for us in the past, and their price was comparable to Florida Lifetime's quote. If that had not been the case, we would have had no concerns choosing Florida Lifetime to do the work. The project is approximately $14,000 which is a major expenditure for us, and I am confident that Florida Lifetime would have done a great job.

Description of Work
We had Florida Lifetime come in to do an estimate to replace multiple doors for our home. The project quoted was for replacement of 3 oversized sliding glass door, and 1 oversized entry door with a fiberglass door with a full decorative glass insert and full decorative glass sidelights.

10/23/2010

Richard G.

Fred from Florida Lifetime Impact Window and Doors was the last of five representatives that we interviewed for our project. He was also the only non-sales type we had seen. Fred was able to offer us the best product we'd considered (Gorrell) for the lowest price (the cost was comparable to other, inferior products). He also explained all insurance, licenses and certifications that the company holds and further increased our confidence by letting us know that the work would be performed by company employees, not sub-contractors. Fred provided the fastest yet most complete and honest presentation of all. Thenceforward, the progress was seamless. Ken handled the communications perfectly, scheduling and performing the engineering inspection in a prompt and professional manner and keeping us informed as to the progress of the project at all times. As soon as the windows had arrived form the factory, Ken let us know and scheduled the install for the next day. Unfortunately, I was out of town that day and didn't witness the process myself but when I got home in the evening, it was as if a 'window wizard' had waved his wand and changed our crappy old jalousie windows into something marvelous. There was no evidence (except for the new windows) that any work had been done! The place was spotless inside and out...no trash, debris or damage. Everything looked beautiful. My wife was there during the install and was completely at ease with the presence of the crew who were polite, efficient and tidy in their work, cleaning as they went. We had eleven windows replaced. The team started at about 08:30 and were finished by about 4pm. Florida Lifetime provided not only an excellent product but probably the best customer relations and contractor service I have ever experienced. I am absolutely delighted.

Description of Work
Florida Lifetime Impact Window and Doors, inc. were one of five companies that we interviewed to replace our jalousie windows with energy efficient, impact resistant vinyl windows.

08/09/2010

LINDA S.

I had someone install a door previously, about six years ago, and it has been giving me problems. This door was done properly, I don't foresee any problems with it.

Description of Work
Replaced an exisiting door, installed a door properly

Category garage doors, doors

08/09/2010

LINDA S.

I had an excellent experience. They were very professional in every which way. I was surprised other companies didn't follow their procedures. This company told me they'd be here at a certain time, they were here at that time. They finished when they said they would, and this was a pretty tedious process, so I was surprised. They certainly seemed to enjoy what they were doing and they knew the product. I'm happy I made the right decision.

Description of Work
Installed impact windows

06/28/2010

Allison T.

Lack of communication shows poor organization and responsibility as a company. Will never consider or recommend this company....I requested quotes on Bing.com. on 6/18. Received a call from Mike Pane and scheduled someone to visit my house on 6/23 for info and quote. But I had to reschedule. I called 6/21 and got Mike Pane's voicemail noting the need to reschedule, but no call back. Called Mike, again, on 6/23 and spoke - confirming new time for 6/26. Told me he would forward new appt info to rep "Fred". But 6/26, no one from FL Lifetime Impact showed up for scheduled appt. or even called before or after for clarification.

Description of Work
No services performed. "NO SHOW" for scheduled quote appt.

Category replacement windows

We are very sorry for the miscommunication on our part we had an appointment set for an earlier day in the week and Ms Thorup called to change and we failed to show up to the new day and time we blew it and for that we are very sorry and this is not the way we run our business we are truly sorry Michael Lane & Ken Goodman owners

05/23/2010

Jeffrey I.

From the initial meeting with the Sales Manager Fred, to both crews that performed the work requested; this was a professional quality company from start to finish. The old patio doors that were replaced were not installed by the original owner correctly, but that did not deter Johnny or Bryan (the sliding door crew) from solving the uncovered issues and then consulting with me on what needed to be accomplished. They were true professionals. The quality of the Gorell windows can only be truly appreciated when installed. Fred had already covered any corrections that may be needed in our multiple meetings before the jobs began.The garage doors were installed without a hitch due to both the quality of the Dalton product and the meticulous installation of Tom and Doug (the garage door crew). Both jobs were finished in the agreed upon time frame. It is a pleasure to deal with such conscientious, quality driven, professionals. I also had several conversations with Ken and Mike (owner) from the main office as they were patient and detailed in answering all my questions before, during and after the job. I have more remodeling to do and will use this company (Florida Lifetime) in any and all aspects that they are available to do the work.

Description of Work
Replaced two outside patio door sliders (8’x6.5’ each) with Gorell Sliders (6400 Series) and replaced two single garage doors (9’x7’) with Wayne Dalton (8500 series) garage doors.

Category garage doors, replacement windows, doors

05/04/2010

Angel W.

This was the best experience I have had with any company since I moved to Florida almost 20 years ago. After having to ask another company to leave my house because they were totally unacceptable, Florida Lifetime Impact Window & Door, Inc. did everything right and were a breath of fresh air. They gave a fair price for the job, completed the job in a timely manner, and were totally professional in every way. I was 100% satisfied with this company from the time the salesperson came in my home through the completion of the job. I have recommended and will continue to recommend Florida Lifetime Impact Window & Door, Inc. to anyone I know who needs new windows or doors. My only regret is that I did not find them until after I had four sliding glass doors replaced by another company. I will also hire them to replace my pool bath door and front door.

Description of Work
They replaced all 14 builders grade windows in my four year old house with beautiful Gorell windows. They completed the job in one day, disturbed my home as little as possible and totally cleaned up after themselves.

Coast Too Coast Construction

We offer quality and affordable roofing services.

Closets by design

46 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Ask about Angie's List Discount. Dba: White Space Design, Inc.

Precision Overhead Garage Door

You can rely on Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area to provide the type of service you would expect from a locally owned company; while enjoying the security that doing business with a National Franchise company can bring. Each owned & operated as an individual franchise. Our slogan is "We Fix Garage Doors Right"™ and we spend a lot of time defining and redefining what that means to us as a company and what it means to you as a consumer. This singular focus has led us to pioneer the industry standard warranty for garage door repair and a training program for technicians that is second to none in the garage door industry. Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area was opened in 2001 and proudly serves the West Florida. We are a full service garage door company specializing in Garage Door Repair, Replacement Garage Doors and repair of Garage Door Openers. 45 Trucks running days, evenings, weekends, with no extra charge for nights or weekends. Locally owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Precision Garage Door Service, Precision Garage Door, Rapp Operations, LLC, Precision Door, Precision Overhead Door. Additional phone numbers - (727) 556-0066, (727) 573-7968.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Sales and installation of Gorell windows, replacement windows, picture windows, custom wood & vinyl windows, energy efficient windows, hurricane impact windows, Security windows, sliding glass doors, entry doors, home doors, French doors, garage doors, vinyl siding, Hardie Cement Board, roofing, soffits & fascia. We also install in Low and Hi-Rise Condos

Window glass repair & broken glass/mirrors.