Famous Tate Appliance & Bedding Centers

Tampa, FL 33604

Financing available.

09/25/2018

Myra M.

My washing machine was going bad. So I went to Famous Tate because they had a whirlpool washer for a really good price so I purchased it. The salesman told me I can use hot water on all 12 cycles and told me about all the other functions as well. I get it home and a couple weeks go by and I decided to wash a load of laundry using hot water and it didn't work. They came out to try to repair it and they couldn't figure out what the problem was. Customer service for Famous Tates told me to call whirlpool. But I got it from Famous Tate not whirlpool. I called Whirlpool,and they sent a tech out and they told me that I can only wash with hot water on 1 cycle instead of the 12 the original salesman told me. I feel the salesman lied to me about the washing machine functions. I feel the customer service on both side was terrible.

Description of Work
They lied and was dishonest about the washing machine.

Category appliance sales

We apologize for the miscommunication, but washer cycles are designed to provide the right temperature for the various clothes being washed. A colors cycle will not allow hot water to be used...same with delicates. We can assure you the washer provides great clothes care, but again, apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding at the time of purchase.

07/25/2017

Susan and Kenneth S.

For any appliances, I always go back to Famous Tate. They've been in business for 30 years or something. I take care of my 95-year-old mother and I have to take care of her stuff. I think a couple of years ago we had to buy an air conditioner/heater that goes in the wall. When you go in there they're not high pressure, you tell them what you want and they advise you and they're not trying to push anything particular. Then, they have the people that can install it. They're reliable and fairly quick. They can deliver something. I've used them for a long time over the years. I've bought a wash and dryer from them, refrigerator and I just like dealing with them. I'm there for myself and my mom. They're pretty knowledgeable.

Description of Work
We had to buy an air conditioner/heater

07/24/2017

Catherine M.

They are very good I like them.

Description of Work
Bought a refrigerator from them.

05/02/2017

IRA M.

01/18/2016

Janice K.

Description of Work
I have purchased multiple appliances from them over the years.

01/17/2016

Mary Anne L.

Carlos was very professional. He looked up items we were buying to see if price was lower in four different stores. If it was, we got that price. He is a pleasure to work with. We were going to have it delivered that week, but had to changed. Whoever I talked to was also pleasant and helpful.

Description of Work
We purchased kitchen appliances.

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

Thanks for the great feedback on our company and Carlos in particular! We appreciate your business.

07/11/2015

Lysa B.

Diane Hendrix is very knowledgeable about her appliances and goes beyond the scope of her job. We have used Diane now for over 3 years and not once have we been disappointed. We have used her knowledge and customer service and have purchased over 17 appliances over the last few years for 9 properties in Tampa, Florida from washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves and beds ALL have been of superior quality and plan on purchasing more in the near future. We have never had any issues with the service or the quality and know that if we had Famous Tate would have taken very good care of us. We are pleased to have developed a relationship with them and will continue to Diane in our future endeavors. . As the owner of The Bourgeois Pig Restaurant in Seminole Heights in Tampa, Florida we pride ourselves in highly endorsing Diane Hendrix for her consistent quality of service. We have referred several customers and friends who have all had a delightful experience too. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! AAA+++

Description of Work
Our salesperson Diane Hendrix provided exceptional service and great appliances.

Category appliance repair

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business and are glad that Diane was able to take care of you.

07/10/2015

Laurie G.

In the process of exchanging an appliance, Famous Tate is working with me and I will update the quality once I have the new piece.

Description of Work
Purchased Range, Hood and Refrigerator

02/27/2015

Harold J.

The Famous Tate crew delivered our washer and dryer on the date and time promised. Installation was quick and professional. When we started using the washer we noticed strange sounds coming from the washer, GE model model # GFDR480FWW. Over time the noises became more frequent and louder. We called Tony in November 2014 and told him of the problem. Tony gave us a number to call to request a factory repairman. The GE repairman made some adjustments and the noise was somewhat improved but over time became louder; so loud you could hear it throughout the entire house. We called Tony again and he instructed us to call the GE repair service and what to tell them. Second GE repair man arrived and diagnosed the problem as faulty 7"risers. Famous Tate sent their crew and removed the risers and rebalanced the washer and dryer at no cost to us. They also took the defective risers back to the appliance center. From that point on Tony took charge of the issue and worked with GE to secure for us a 100% refund. I'm thankful to Tony for taking ownership of the problem and helping us through the issue. He did all of the paper work and contacted GE for us. A few weeks latter Tony called and said he had a 100% refund for us. We could not be happier with Tony and Famous Tate.

Description of Work
Purchased GE washer and GE dryer with 7" risers. Salesman Tony Martinez helped us with contacting factory repair service that resulted in full refund of the 7" risers.

Category appliance sales

Thanks for sharing your experience and how we were able to assist you. We appreciate your business and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

01/14/2015

Susan W.

Famous Tate salesmen far exceeded the big box stores personnel regarding their expertise of appliances they were selling and were not high pressure which validated my decision to purchase my dishwasher from them. Salesmen at both locations, fair price, prompt delivery and installation confirmed I will continue to shop at Tate. Customer service is the key and Famous Tate meets that criteria as well as fair pricing and large inventory.

Description of Work
I was in need of a dishwasher during the holidays and shopped at Lowe's, Famous Tate in South Tampa and Home Depot as well as online prior to visiting the Famous Tate Scratch and Dent store on Armenia. When visiting the Famous Tate in S. Tampa and noticing a dishwasher tagged Scratch and Dent he mentioned the Armenia location had other models available as well. I decided to check out the Armenia location prior to making my final decision .

Category appliance sales

Thank you for the great feedback and we appreciate your business!

10/15/2014

Ellen N.

11/08/2011

Pam C.

They are great. I think this is a good company. The sales staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and their management is also good. It is an honest company and I feel very comfortable going there.

Description of Work
I purchased everything for my kitchen and laundry room here.

05/21/2011

Marlene A.

I had a good experience with them. They were quite busy in dishwasher section, but the sales person answered my questions and was quite courteous.

Description of Work
I purchased a new dishwasher from Famous Tates.

01/02/2011

MARILYN H.

Craig Miller was great. He was very knowledgable about the different makes and models of appliances. He bent over backwards to answer our questions and resolve the few minor isssues that arose. I would definitely work with Criag again.

Description of Work
Purchased appliances for a kitchen remodel

02/19/2009

KATHY M.

We found some great deals with very little scratch or dents. We needed to stay within our $10,000. 00 budget and get a convection oven, fridge, and washer and dryer. We got everything for $6000.00. We were impressed by the service and help we received and highly recommend this company to anyone needed appliances.

Description of Work
We were referred by a friend to check out their scratch and dent sale.

11/14/2007

Chris M.

Their service is really good. I did my research and they were competitive in price.

Description of Work
I purchased a Bosch dishwasher.

06/28/2007

Don H.

The installation of the double oven/microwave was done on May 31st. The installation was incomplete and has yet been completed; nor am I able to get any commitment or returned call from the company. After the installation we noticed that the oven door had chips on each corner. We were waiting for the installation man to return to let him know. Since he hasn't returned and the manager won't return my call to let him know I am sending the attached letter today. The installer had an emergency in Orlando which was the cause of not showing up one time, which I found out about two days later. The next time I called he was having his tonsils out. Someone was supposed to be out last week or on Monday of this week.

Description of Work
Initial order was to install a double oven, microwave and warming oven. The door of the warming oven kept breaking so we canceled that part of the order.

05/30/2007

Melissa V.

The salesperson wasted our time by promising a price match to another company, made us come in person and wait in the store for an hour (with a newborn baby and toddler) to tell us he'd have to call us the next day and then told us he couldn't match the price. They also told me the incorrect measurement of the range we were going to order. When we finally purchased the same range from another company, it wouldn't fit. I would not recommend them!!!!

Description of Work
We were going to purchase a range, dishwasher and microwave from them. ($3000.)

02/28/2007

Darlene S.

Competitive prices. We found them to be up front and honest.

Description of Work
Purchased a washer/dryer and refrigerator.

01/28/2007

MIchael B.

Had been checking their website for scratch and dent specials, but stores had much better selection than website. South Tampa store had best selection of high end appliances (contrary to assertion of salesman at main store). Price for top of line but discontinued Miele dishwasher $800 including control panel that cheapest Internet price was $1100 just for dishwasher itself. Installation was more of a problem. Only certified installer for Miele was G.E.I. First phone number they gave was not reachable, bad communications re-made appointment time (showed at 7pm for 4-6 appt.); charged more than twice amount shown on price list, and still not install separate garbage disposal wall switch. Finished work about 9:30. Had to hire electrician to install switch. Although dishwasher was new, was missing funnel (for salt) and kick plate.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of Miele dishwasher and Kitchenaid garbage disposal.

10/20/2006

Catherine S.

I've purchased all of my appliances from Famous Tate for over 26 years. They always have lots of variety in whatever appliance you're looking for. Their prices are very competitive. And their sales people are very knowledgeable. When I determined I needed a new microwave Oven, I call Famous Tate and spoke with a salesmen. I told him I knew exactly what microwave oven I wanted and asked him if he could check the availability of it for me. He said he had several in stock. I asked him if he could write it up for me and I would be over in two days to pay for it and pick it up, and he agreed to do that for me. Two days later I went to the store, paid for the microwave and brought it home. The entire process took about fifteen minutes. It was great!

Description of Work
I purchased a black GE microwave oven.

10/28/2005

PAUL J.

HELPFUL SALES TEAM AND GOOD DELIVERY TEAM.

Description of Work
NEW REFRIGERATOR AND STOVE.

10/24/2005

MAUREEN S.

SALES WOMAN WAS VERY FRIENDLY, VERY HELPFUL. THE ''SCRATCH AND DENT'' ROOM HAD EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AT A CONSIDERABLE DISCOUNT. INSTALLERS WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT. THIS EXPERIENCE WAS SUPER! WE HAVE USED THEM IN THE PAST AND HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED.

Description of Work
SALE OF A MAYTAG WASHER; PURCHASE OF 5-YEAR WARRANTY; DELIVERY, INSTALLATION, REMOVAL OF OLD WASHER

10/12/2005

JENNIFER S.

GREAT! GOT HELP CHOOSING STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES FOR OUR NEW HOME. THEY ALLOWED US TO TRADE OUT THE APPLIANCES THE BUILDER SUPPLIED WITH THE STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES WE WANTED. IT WAS VERY EASY AND THE PRICES WERE GREAT! DELIVERY WAS GREAT AND PUNCTUAL AS WELL.

Description of Work
PURCHASED ALL KITCHEN APPLIANCES

10/03/2002

KELLY R.

I WILL SHOP THERE AGAIN IF I EVER NEED TO REPLACE ANOTHER APPLIANCE. THE DELIVERY MEN WERE COURTEOUS AND VERY PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
I PURCHASED A WASHER AND DRYER FROM THE STORE LOCATED ON SOUTH DALE MABRY.