Chuck's Plumbing

Founded 1988 • With Angi since July 2009

1511 E Fowler Ave Ste E

Tampa, FL 33612

When you want professional on-time service for your plumbing needs in Tampa, you'll be delighted you chose the experience, expertise and satisfaction guarantee you receive from Chuck's Plumbing. With a level of friendly service that is second-to-none, you'll know the difference from the first time

10/14/2019

Paul W.

Chuck's Plumbing was the preferred installer recommended by the manufacturer of a device I purchased, which is the only reason I allowed them to work on my plumbing instead of my preferred plumber, figuring they would provide expert installation and service given the high price point they were charging for their service. The only positive thing I have to say is that the install was performed in a timely manner. Looking at the install, it seemed excessive pipe dope was used, however not being an expert myself I didn't complain figuring the work was done and the chemical taste to the water went away after a couple weeks. Unfortunately, a few months later, one of the fittings they used cracked resulting in a significant leak. Since the device was on my water main I needed emergency service since the leak required water to the entire house to be turned off. Timely repair was especially critical since I had 30+ guests scheduled to be at the house the next day for a party. When I called, I advised of this and was told that some point between 8-11 AM the next day was the best they could do, as they do not provide any type of emergency response service. I inquired if they could at least make sure that I was the first appointment of the day promptly at 8AM and was advised they could not do that and it may be as late as 11:00, which I advised was not acceptable. I was told they weren't going to go out of their way to repair a leak, at which point I reiterated it was a substantial failure necessitating water to the entire home to be shut off and advised that if that's the best they could do they should go ahead and get me on the schedule and that I would call back if I was able to get someone else to come out sooner. I called back a few minutes later after securing another plumber and inquired where I should send the bill since they were unable to provide timely service to repair their defective work, at which point I received a profanity laced tirade advising me of what a horrible person I was, was told never to contact them again, and was hung up on. The plumber performing the repair advised that it appeared the stress crack in the plastic was due to Chuck's Plumbing over tightening the connection, resulting in eventual failure. After their substandard work resulting in the only substantial water leak I have experienced to date, I would strongly caution others to avoid them in favor of a more trustworthy company that will treat you right.

Description of Work
Plumbing Install

08/29/2019

Fredrick M.

Horribly. Went thru several guys. Went thru 6-8 of Chuck's plumbers, sometimes 3 guys at a time (they wanted to train newer guys from the more experienced guys). Leak Specialist sent to us by Chuck's. Problem of drippy tub drain fixture got repaired after much hassle, late night, damage done by guys. Drywall up, painted, baseboards same, month later same mold and headaches in the house. Obviously small fix wasn't problem. Issue was leaking toilet near the moldy wet tore out drywall area, but nobody flushed when the wall was open to check the first time. Ugh. Drywall up, painted, baseboards, again a second time...after open hole for 4 weeks at our request (once bitten, twice shy) before we repaired. Such incompetence that their best two guys (the Supervisors) left one by one from the company during our roller coaster frustration w/ Chucks. They were the two we trusted. They left. We left. Numerous issues and regrets from Chucks, you would believe our experiences and hassels. Chuck himself, on phone, wasn't impressive either. Mike & Vinnie (his Supervisors) left one at a time, they were great plumbers, honest, trustworthy men. Another guy moved out of state, who was a veteran. It's a difficult company currently. I would NOT recommend, and previous reviews were based on Mike & Vinnie, original "northerners." Ignore Chuck's words, please, and services.

Description of Work
Find and repair leak behind wall/baseboard.

08/14/2019

Priscilla W.

he said that I need to call someone else he said he would be here by 1pm but said between 1 and 4 we cannot use any water in the house

Description of Work
drains blocked

07/24/2019

David D.

Chuck's is always on time and accomplish the job.

Description of Work
Had clogged sewer pipe.

Category drain pipe, drain cleaning

02/27/2019

Alison B.

The plumber was within 10 min of what was first told....prompt, polite, informative, and did the job till it was complete....Great experience!!!!.....we found a new plumber....

Description of Work
sewer clearing...

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

10/07/2018

Leslie P.

Daryl arrived on time. We discussed the job and he explained what he needed to do to accomplish the job. I agreed on his approach to the work and the price and he went to work. He had to cut a very neat rectangular hole under the box in order to work on the pipes. The new valves are levers that are superior to the typical rotary turning valves. Daryl completed the job in a short period of time. He checked to make sure there were no leaks and demonstrated how the new valves work when finished.

Description of Work
replaced turn on/off valves to washing machine

06/22/2018

Owen T.

Chuck described my options in detail, gave me a good price, and scheduled the work promptly. His crew contacted me directly when we ran into a snag and we worked out a good solution together. I had a few comments on the work when done and everything was addressed without any fuss. Overall my expectations were exceeded.

Description of Work
hot water heater replacement

06/05/2018

sheryl N.

Exceptional. I was afraid to come home to see what the house would look like. Absolutely no mess. No drywall dust or dirt in the home or outside. Exceptional communication, letting me now when they would be arriving and who would be doing the work. They laid down paper to minimize the mess and had to cut 19 holes in the house to thread uponor pipe. They did it all in just two and a half days!

Description of Work
I needed to have my home re-piped due to 4 leaks in 12 months. The area in Westchase has had several homes re-piped due to pine hole leaks in defective copper pipes.

05/28/2018

Joyce B.

Terrible. I used them before and was happy to I called them again. Believe me when I tell you - Chuck is a rip-off. He tried to charge me $400 to install a part (it took my neighbor 20 minutes to do the whole job) but, better than that, he tried to tell my one-year old water softener wasn't a good unit and that I should buy a new one from him to the tune of $3000+. I can't say enough negative things about this whole experience. Beware of Chuck's Plumbing - he might have been good in the past but he is now a vulture.

Description of Work
Repair of Water Softener

Category plumbing, water softeners

05/07/2018

Sheryl G.

It went fine. My shower worked and I had two estimates for more work when I can afford to have it done. I personally emailed Chuck, the owner, to tell him what a good, thorough job was done; no rushing but making sure things were done right as far as we could go at this time.

Description of Work
I was having problems with my shower head and afraid to break something if I worked on it myself.

04/12/2018

JEFF K.

Wanted $277 to clear clog, another two to put $200 to put in $23 cartridge in leaking faucet ( one crew to remove it cartridges would have taken 5 minutes.) Had local plumber do leaking faucet, plugged drain, and a garbage disposal for $150, 00.

Description of Work
leaking faucet, plugged kitchen sink

02/08/2018

Mark H.

Great service. I called to have someone come down on a Tuesday and immediately diagnosed the problem. When I learned I needed a new hot water heated I contacted the office and they juggled the schedule around to accommodate me and install a new one in two days (thank you Tonya and Barbara). Bobby and Caleb arrived 45 minutes early ( which was fine with me instead of waiting on someone typically taking all day) and finished three hours ahead of schedule freeing up my afternoon. They were polite and very detailed making sure the job was done right and very clean. I have tile floors so they even put a rug down to maneuver the old unit out and new unit in without even touching my tiles. I would hire them back anytime and have already recommended them to two other friends. Thank you again.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater

01/04/2018

sandra K.

Bobby took all the time that was needed to answer my questions and to place my order for a replacement part. I have left reviews for them before saying that Chucks provide great customer service and once again they did. Which is why I keep coming back!

Description of Work
My faucet broke but was under warranty so no charge

11/25/2017

kevin B.

Chuck showed up 5 minutes late which wasn’t a big concern. After taking pics of the current hot water heater, Chuck created 3 options of a 66 gallon stainless steel tank with a lifetime warranty. The second option was a 55 gallon tank with a mixing valve and a third option of a 55 gallon tank with no mixing valve. All options assumed a show valve with a $200 permit. I won’t divulge the prices but they were very high and when I began to question his hourly install rate he became very belligerent and raised his voice in a very unprofessional manner. Before I could even discuss or challenge the pricing he said we should shake hands and he would go. I reiterated that he was being a little rude and then I asked if I could lower the price by either purchasing the water heater and also bringing it up the the unit. He said he could not work with that due to logistics and relying on me even though I stated that it would be ready for him prior to the installation. That also was a concern for me as it was evident that he was just trying to make a quick buck. I also stated that I had another unit and he didn’t care and said that he did not negotiate prices even if it meant more business. He then stated that he is not in business to offer the best price and said that he believes I would find 50% above his rates and 50% below. He didn’t seem to have any soft skills in dealing with clients nor did it appear that he looks to establish relationships. Like a 5th grader he stormed out of the condo and slammed the door. Needless to say I will not be using Chucks Plumbing for any work in the future. As a side note I called a plumber I used many times for my business and his rough prices came in around 120% less than Chuck’s

Description of Work
I needed an electric hot water heater to be replaced. The current capacity is 66 gallons

Category water heater repair

11/13/2017

Elizabeth G.

Bobby came by and figured out that roots were growing into the pipes (why had other guy not seen this) and replaced the old cheap toilet with degraded seal that had been installed prior to our moving in, by previous owners, fixed everything, cleaned pipe, great job and greatly appreciated, hauled out the old one. Truly professional and knowledeable. Gave opinion on other things in the house that needed doing as well, along with timeline and other helpful info. Waiting for them to contact us re: bathtub resurface. Genuinely nice person as well. Was here for hours and pleased with expert service and no problems since! Will go with them for future work.

Description of Work
sink, toilet, bathtub, everything was backing up. Could not figure out why and had had another plumber out before who could not figure it out despite putting a camera down the pipe, expensive, did nothing!

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

11/12/2017

Sandra K.

Excellent work. Very helpful in explaining options.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

09/17/2017

Anthony R.

They always fix whatever issue I have and are always professional.

Description of Work
I've used Chuck's plumbing for multiple repairs. They come out in a timely manner and get the job done.

09/14/2017

Harry S.

My incoming water service had a leak. their man arrived and I told him where the leak was!! He did his work and reported that I was correct where the leak was!!! He charged me over $250. and said someone else would come out later in the day to do the repair which he said would cost an additional $600. I told him to get lost and I would find someone else!!! I did and it was Slaughter Plumbing! They came right out and did the repair for 140.00 and I gave them a $50. tip and told him to buy lunch on me!!! They were more than fair and even gave me a senior 10% discount!!!

09/01/2017

WILLIAM A.

Chuck's stands behind their work and is really a pleasure to work with. From their professional phone assistance to their email notifications keeping you informed about who is coming and when to the work that they do. Have used them several times and will continue to do so in the future.

Description of Work
I was having some issues with an under sink leak from a disposal that had been installed by Chuck's Plumbing about a year ago. Upon calling, Bobby came out the next day. He determined that a new disposal was the best route for me. Went to their local supply warehouse, got one, installed it quickly and had me sign the work order. No charge whatsoever.

08/28/2017

Larry P.

I have used them several times. Yes, I would use them again if I needed to. They exceeded my expectations. Their communication was good. I was quite satisfied.

Description of Work
Plumbing

08/23/2017

Linda N.

Very professional, nice that they let you know with a picture who is coming to your home, and very helpful. Leak fixed, would hire again.

Description of Work
I had a very hard to find leak in the incoming piping to my house right by the foundation under a sidewalk. They worked hard finding the leak and then repairing it the next day. Very professional, nice that they let you know with a picture who is coming to your home, and very helpful.

Category excavators, plumbing

08/18/2017

Jennifer D.

I called and they were able to get someone out that same evening. I received a call and an email with the technician's picture and information. Chase was punctual and effective. He diagnosed the problem, gave me some options, and fixed the issue within an hour. He was polite and friendly. The price was reasonable for the work provided. I would definitely recommend Chase and this business!

Description of Work
Water heater issue. We would only get hot water for a few minutes, then it would turn cold.

08/17/2017

Adam B.

They've always been pretty good. I've used them about 4 or 5 times.

Description of Work
He gave me an estimate, to install a new bathroom drain.

08/17/2017

Mercedes R.

Excellent- clean, fast, professional

Description of Work
Utility sink installed

07/07/2017

Wendy B.

Excellent in every way. Bobby Waite id the servicing and he was helpful, explained everything clearly, and was good to my dogs. (Extra bonus points) He flushed the system, checked water hardness, checked for water flow and pressure.

Description of Work
Solar water heater and solar panels checked, valves replaced. He also replaced a bad flapper in a leaky toilet even though he didn't come for that.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, solar panels

A#1 Seamless Gutter Solutions

Veteran Owned & Operated. Serving the State of Florida. No Sub-Contractors Used. We care enough to answer our phones! Give us a CALL, We offer... 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! We stand behind our company and the products we use. If you're not completely satisfied; we will come back as many times as necessary until you're happy and you remain happy at no extra charge to you.

Offers by A#1 Seamless Gutter Solutions on Angi
    Florida Water Treatment Inc

Florida Water Treatment has been providing quality water treatment solutions to the Tampa Bay Area since 1951. Florida Water Treatment has been a family owned and operated company since our humble beginning. Our longevity is a direct result of how we do business. First with decades of experience in dealing with Florida Water, our highly trained staff of professionals will assess each customer's water quality concern on a case by case basis. We then custom fit the best possible solution to meet your needs. All of our water treatment equipment is custom built to order, nothing is pre made giving our customer's the highest grade equipment possible at wholesale prices. Since we do custom build all of our equiment FWT is able to keep up with the latest advances and technology in the water treatment industry and implement these technologies into our product line very quickly to ensure our customers are always getting the most efficent and advanced equipment available. At FWT we do not believe in the one size fits all approach that the box stores and all of our competiton uses to treat water. The water in the Tampa Bay area is unique and needs to be treated on a case by case basis in order for the equipment to perform at a high level for many years which is why we custom build all of our equipmet to meet the needs of the customers home and water needs. At FWT we have a water treatment solution for every budget and provide superior warranties on everything we install. We provide In house 0% no interest financing eliminating credit checks, pushy finance companies, and high interest rates giving FWT the ability to finance just about anyone who needs it. We also take personal checks and all major credit cards as methods of payment. Second, our commitment to service following any sale is second to none. Responsive service, whether providing salt delivery, filter exchanges or even repairing other brand water treatment products is how we've done business from the onset. At FWT our customers always come first and we believe in going above and beyond everyday and on every call to make sure that every single customer is 110% satisfied with our service. At FWT we do not employ any contractors or sales personel like the majority of our competition, everyone of our 22 employees from our two install crews to our five factory trained service technicians are FWT employees guaranteeing that you will receive highest possible level of service and receive the proper water treatment system for your home. All sales calls are run by the owner eliminating the long sales presentations, pushy sales tactics, and ridiculously high prices. At FWT every month we install over 150 water treatment systems and run close to 600 service calls and are proud of keeping a spotless record. We look forward to helping you with your water treatment needs. Feel free to call, email, or visit our newly remodeled showroom at 1398 Main Street Dunedin, FL 34698. Member of the Water Quality Association since 1975, BBB A+ Rated, Pentair Platinum Dealer, Watts Authorized Premier Dealer Additional DBA - H2 Oasis. Additional phones- 727-734-9169, 727-734-9295, 727-733-5356, 727-733-6738, 727-733-9300, 727-736-5194 & 813-224-9620. Additional email- info@flawatertreatment.com

Offers by Florida Water Treatment Inc on Angi
    T&K Water Conditioning, LLC

We Offer a full range of water treatment services repairs, sales and installation. We perform water test and analysis. We also offer system training so you will know how to operate the equipment. with over 20 years experience you will get the advise and recommendations that will be cost effective and work.

Offers by T&K Water Conditioning, LLC on Angi

CFC043049
    State of Florida
    Florida Department of Business Professional Regulation
    09/30/2016
    American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check

All Plumbing Repairs, Toilets, Tubs, Sinks, Faucets, Disposals, Leak Detection, Leak Repair, Re-Pipes, Installing New Fixtures & Faucets, Water Heater Repairs, New Water Heaters, Tank Less Water Heaters, Solar Hot Water Repairs, Drain & Sewer Replacing, Drain Cleaning & Sewer, Hydro Jet Drain & Sewer Cleaning, Video Inspection Of Drains & Sewers.