Cabinets.com

Founded 2009 • With Angi since May 2012

4.4

701 S Howard Ave Ste 106-238

Tampa, FL 33606

Welcome to Cabinets.com, one of the largest online retailers of assembled discount kitchen cabinets and a growing resource for all of your kitchen needs. Purchasing kitchen cabinets online is something new to a lot of home owners and renovators. At Cabinets.com, our team strives to build trust over the internet, provide the best quality service and products, as well as care for our community and environment. Cabinets.com was started in 2009 as Kitchen Resource Direct, one of the first companies to sell assembled kitchen cabinets online. Since then, we have been growing, extending our product offerings and services. We were recognized in both 2014 and 2015 by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in America....

10/25/2021

Cliff T.

We just ordered our cabinets and I can’t wait to be able to install them. Working with designer Brooke Albright was amazing! We had to make a million changes, but she was nothing short of supporting, encouraging and patient from our initial discussion to what seemed like our millionth change. Her patience was unending, and her advice or insights were always sound. She was such a joy to work with, each discussion with her left us feeling confident, encouraged and thankful for dealing with someone so knowledgeable and patient. She makes me wish we had another kitchen to renovate just to work with her on another project! She not only cared about the success of our kitchen, but we could tell she cared about us too! She’s definitely someone we’re going to keep in touch with.

Description of Work
Custom cabinets

11/23/2020

Rob H.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have went with another company. The cabinets took 3 months to get to me which that is what I was quoted so that's fine but I ordered all white cabinets and was shipped some that were blue. Also many of the cabinets were broken and several the paint was scratched off. When I contacted them I was told I would have to wait for them to be put back into production and replaced which would take another month or longer. I can't be without a kitchen that long. Also, other components were scheduled like countertops and my contractor. In the end they gave me a small discount for the broken cabinets and the blue cabinets and sent me paint to paint the blue white. The otherbroken cabinets they told me ask the things that were broken were just for shipping purposes yet all the other cabinets I looked at while I was shopping around had these corner braces in place and some were more expensive depending on the type of corner bracket. One of the drawers is completely falling apart and I was told that my contractor can fix it by installing hardware. In the end, the small discount I got wasn't enough to pay my contractor to fix many of the issues I've had with the cabinets and he also didn't have a spray gun for the paint so you can see the brush strokes with the blue I had to paint white.

Description of Work
Ordered Cabinets

04/05/2018

lani B.

These cabinets are beautiful! They are well constructed from quality hardwood and NO particle board! I found the perfect color for my design, the Bellair Maple Haze is a desaturated cornflower blue I couldn't find anywhere else.... The customer service made ordering online less intimidating as they have design professionals to walk you through your project's requirements. One cabinet did arrive damaged but they remediated the issue and were helpful and responsive and resolved the issue promptly. I myself, made a error and they bent over backwards to help me remedy the problem with great sympathy and patience and accommodated several requests above and beyond what you typically experience in online stores.....

Description of Work
Custom Cabinets

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Thanks for your feedback regarding the experience you had with us! We're so glad the process of buying cabinets was enjoyable to you and that you found the color you were looking for - Haze is a gorgeous choice!

02/28/2018

Mehdi I.

After waiting 6 weeks, I received damaged merchandise. Quite a bit of it appears to be from the manufacturer, but I'll let you judge from the pictures - chipped shelves, chipped rollout trays, base cabinets with fractures, chipped edges, doors that don't close flush, imperfections that have been painted over with or covered. Customer service has been strenuous to work with - finally offering a paltry 10% refund after weeks of a tug-of-war of me sharing pictures of defects and them giving false assurances. Looking back in hindsight, I should have invested a little more to buy from a local retailer where pride in workmanship, quality and customer service are valued.

Description of Work
Bought cabinets

08/16/2017

Robin A.

Worked with one of their designers, Tim, who was wonderful. Really good ideas for some minor configuration changes that will make a huge difference in the usable space in the kitchen. He was very pleasant, professional, and nice to work with. Cabinets were delivered within the expected time frame (actually, a little early, which was fine). Have not yet been installed, but have been unpacked and all are in good shape after shipping - nothing broken, no damage. Cabinets seems to be very well made, and we are very happy with how they look ..... although they are sitting in the middle of the living room at the moment! Fell in love with the bright white/brushed grey glaze color, and it should look amazing in our new kitchen. Very happy with whole process, and with all communications with Cabinets.com. I would definitely recommend them, and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
All new kitchen cabinets

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our Angie's List page. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with Cabinets.com. Everyone in our company strives to give the best possible service to all our customers and hence we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our service. We cannot wait to see the finished pictures! Please do email us the pictures once it has been installed. Again, we would thank you to thank you for your business with us.

05/04/2017

Carol W.

outstanding, form designing to ordering and delivery. The ordering process was very easy, with pictures and diagrams of all products. I ordered two sample doors, which were delivered in two days, with free return once I had decided on the style and color. The completed order took only 4 weeks, and arrived in excellent condition.

Description of Work
storage cabinets for pantry

Category custom cabinets

Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience on our Angie's List page. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience while purchasing your new cabinets from our company. We truly appreciate your feedback and your business with us.

11/10/2016

Ryan F.

It went perfect. I placed the order, they emailed me through every step of the way shipping wise. I ordered 1 wrong cabinet, and they sent me the proper doors to fix my own mistake

Description of Work
Ordered an entire kitchen through these guys. Awesome pricing. Awesome quality

Category custom cabinets

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for sharing your experience on our Angie's List page. We're so pleased you chose us for your new kitchen cabinets and that you've enjoyed shopping with us.

10/27/2016

CHRISTOPHER B.

Cabinets arrived in great shape.

Description of Work
Ordered new cabinets for bathroom remodel.

Category custom cabinets

Thanks for your review! We wish you the best with your bathroom remodel.

10/25/2016

Colin C.

My initial impression of this company, their responsiveness, and professionalism is outstanding. Tim helped me perfect my design, and customer service promptly fixed a small issue that I had when ordering. If the quality of the product is anywhere close to as good as the service, then this is going to be hard to beat.

Description of Work
Kitchen & Bath Cabinets

Category custom cabinets

Thanks for your review of our company! We're so glad you found us responsive and professional to work with and we look forward to you receiving your new cabinets!

10/24/2016

Judy B.

We could not have been treated with more courtesy and respect. The kitchen cabinets are beautiful.

Description of Work
We ordered cabinets from this company a year ago. Due to my father's unforseen illness and death we were unable to even open the boxes and start on our kitchen. We finally got to put our cabinets in and had a few small pieces missing. A cabinet we ordered was substituted for another due to being out of stock. WE really needed the one originally ordered not the substitution. So, over a year after the cabinets were delivered I contacted the company,Cabinets.com, with zero expectations and simply wanted to reorder and pay for the missing pieces. NOT only was everyone I spoke with friendly,courteous, and professional, they are sending the missing parts free and could not have beenore understanding and helpful. Good customer service is rare these days but EXCELLENT customer service is rare indeed. I would recommend Cabinets.com to anyone who is considering remodeling their home. Excellent prices,quality,and customer service! Sincerely, Judy and Rodney Barkley

Category custom cabinets

Thanks so much for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us on Angie's List. Customer satisfaction is our goal and we are glad to be of assistance!

10/03/2016

jason A.

I am very happy with the services provided. I purchased an entire kitchen for a home remodel and every aspect of the transaction was flawless. The website was simple to use and a designer contacted me about my order in a timely fashion. Once the design was done everything I needed was provided to me in an email in a shopping cart for the complete project which made everything simple. The order was shipped in the estimated time. The quality of the cabinets was far superior than that of any cabinet sold at the local hardware store for a fraction of the price.

Description of Work
the provider sells high quality kitchen cabinets online.

Category custom cabinets

Thank you for sharing your comments! We are thrilled that you utilized our free design service and that you found our website easy to use. Thanks for choosing us and we hope you enjoy your new cabinets for many years to come!

09/28/2016

Christie C.

Easy to order on line. Nice selection. Shipped on time and received on time through an outside carrier. We ordered ready to assemble cabinets. They were constructed well and weren't "Ikea type" cabinets.

Description of Work
Sold us cabinets.

Category custom cabinets

Thanks for your review! We are happy you found our ordering process easy and the shipping timely. Enjoy your new cabinets!

09/22/2016

Vickiann V.

Only 2 days after I submitted my order, my cabinets were in production. The day after that, I was showing a contractor friend my layout and he suggested I get a deeper cabinet to go over my refrigerator with a side panel. I really liked this idea, so I contacted Ashlee who put me in touch with customer service. I was told that changing an order once it's gone to production isn't allowed, but they would see what they could do. They stayed in contact with me all day while they tried to work it out with the manufacturer, and they came through for me. They were able to make the change. My cabinets arrived rather quickly - the shipping company contacted me as promised to set up a convenient delivery day. That went flawlessly. The delivery men were pleasant. I had one cabinet where the drawers came loose during shipment, but I was able to repair that myself and there was no residual damage, so I did not mention this to cabinets.com. Post installation, I found two issues with two cabinets. One was that a drawer isn't quite seated properly and the other is a small section on one cabinet wasn't quite hit with the paint gun. I wasn't even going to report these issues, as 30 days had passed since delivery, but cabinets.com sent me a survey to fill out and they specifically asked about issues, so I told them then. They were immediately in contact with me to fix the problems - even going so far as to say they would replace the cabinets! Their customer service is AMAZING. I told them the drawer issue is not noticeable at all now that the counters are installed and they are sending me a can of spray paint (at no cost) to match my cabinets so I can fix that one spot. Had I noticed before installation, I have NO DOUBT that cabinets.com would have made it right and replaced those cabinets. It's been a very long time since I've had service that was this thorough. The quality of the cabinets is fantastic. All wood construction, dovetail drawers, soft close hardware - nothing skimped on. I had ordered a door sample - years ago, actually. It's took me a long time to save up for my kitchen. The cabinets match the sample exactly. I couldn't be happier. It's a little scary to order cabinets online, but I would recommend cabinets.com to anyone.

Description of Work
I designed my kitchen myself, but a cabinets.com designer will design a kitchen from scratch for free. My designer, Ashlee, took my layout and made sure everything would work and suggested some improvements. I was given a 3D rendering and plans for my new kitchen. Once I approved them, there was a link to purchase that had every item included that I would need. It was an extremely easy process and Ashlee was a pleasure to work with.

Category custom cabinets

We are thrilled that you've enjoyed your experience with our company and that you found our free kitchen design service helpful! We strive for satisfaction from every customer and are glad we were able to help you get the kitchen of your dreams!

09/08/2016

Charity S.

I have just begun my search for cabinets but I am already impressed with Cabinets.com. I ordered a bunch of door samples and paid almost $50 to have them shipped overnight so I could make a decision and order my cabinets before their big Labor Day sale ended. I was pleasantly surprised when I received an email the next day refunding my $50 overnight shipping fee. Apparently the samples ship out about 20 miles from me, so I would have received them the next day anyway and didn't need to pay for the overnight shipping. They refunded my money out of courtesy. I had no idea they were located so close to me, so they certainly could have kept my money and I would have been none the wiser. It's a small thing, but it impressed me. I'm looking forward to working with them on my cabinets! Thanks Cabinets.com!

Description of Work
Fantastic customer service!

Category custom cabinets

Thank you very much for your kind words! Being passionate about our customers is something our company strives to embody every day, so we appreciate your comments. We're glad you've been able to take advantage of our sample door program. It's a great way to see the cabinet door styles in person before you make your cabinetry purchase. Don't forget, if you return your door samples back to us within 30 days, we'll also refund your deposit for the sample doors. Simply use the shipping label included with your samples!

05/19/2016

Donna D.

I contacted Cabinets.com several months ago to purchase cabinet samples. I received them immediately - literally within one day. The samples were beautiful and exactly the colors I was looking for. I submitted a quote for a free cabinet design for my large kitchen. The designer was lazy and it would take 2-3 days for her to make simple changes and get back to me with a new rendering. To top it off, she wouldn't follow my instructions and make the changes I had asked for. Third, she would make excuses for not getting revisions to me sooner because she had a dentist appointment, other customers, or was out sick. After dealing with this incompetent employee for 3 weeks, I complained to management and asked to be assigned to a new designer. The sales manager refused my request and kept her on the project. Once again, I asked for changes to the design and actually sent over a detailed cabinet design layout that another designer had created. I asked for it to be copied. The next day, the designer sent me over a new rendering that had 2 minor changes on it from her original and that's it. When I complained again to management, I was told they couldn't help me and I should go elsewhere. I find it shocking that a local growing company would be so unprofessional and willing to let a $25,000 sale go that I practically made easy for them to fulfill. Their designer did not have the skills (or attitude) to successfully design my cabinet layout so I found someone else who could do it instead. Then I gave that design to them to copy. How much easier could it be? By telling me to go elsewhere, they had basically wasted a month of my time! I'm the Chief Operations Officer of a reputable business here in Tampa and am appalled by the inept business dealings of Cabinets.com. From the research I did online, this is a small business run by young adults fresh out of college. I even contacted one of the managing members (LLC), but he hasn't even responded. BEWARE!

Description of Work
Inexperienced design of kitchen cabinets for large upscale home

Category custom cabinets

Our company strives for excellent customer service every day, and we have heard nothing but great feedback about the free design service we offer to customers. We had spent several weeks trying to satisfy your design needs. You gave us pieces of information, including parts of another company's designs, and we worked within your parameters and preferences to provide a design for you. Since all cabinet lines are different, your designer customized your design to be specific to our cabinet line in order to ensure you were getting the correct products for your kitchen. The designer you worked with over the past 3 weeks provided you with 6 revisions and over 40+ hours of free service, including nights and weekends, to be attentive to your needs. Even when making small changes to your design, please keep in mind that this can still take hours to complete because the whole layout needs to be re-worked and rendered each time. Despite our efforts to satisfy you, you indicated that you preferred working with our competitors and told us that our company was incompetent. Our business operates in a professional manner, as we feel this is best for both our customers and employees. Therefore, we simply suggested that we may not be a good fit for you. We were surprised and disappointed once you began disparaging our company online, all over a free service that we offered to you. However, our leadership team cares about the satisfaction of our customers, even those who never purchase cabinets from us. So, in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction with our company, we attempted to contact you several times including multiple calls from both our Sales Manager and our CEO. Unfortunately, these calls were not received or returned. At this point, we are unsure how to continue serving you, but we do wish you all the best in completing your renovation.

04/28/2016

Sonia S.

They worked with us although they don't ordinarily sell what they call kitchen cabinets. It came out really beautiful -- the master bath and the walk-in closet. It was very nice. We bought the preassembled cabinets and they were all square and everything fit.

Description of Work
We ordered parts for a new walk-in closet and master bathroom cabinets from Cabinets.com.

04/22/2016

michael D.

03/05/2016

Brenda Z.

My designer, Cally R., had brilliant ideas and was very patient as I changed my mind several times during the process. When the cabinets were delivered, they were treated with care and placed inside the house. I purchased the Deerfield style in both solid maple and cherry species, and our installer commented as to the exceptional quality and heaviness of the cabinets. Assembled they are truly beautiful. Mine are Deerfield Jupiter.

Description of Work
This company builds cabinets and provides its on-line customers with designers to help make dreams of a new kitchen become a reality. Cabinets are shipped with a white glove service and carried inside. They provide ready-to-assemble (RTA) style or already built cabinets.

08/12/2015

Kevin H.

Description of Work
Jessica, our designer, was terrific. She did a great job. The cabinets we ordered were not delivered on time. One of our island cabinets was mislabeled and ended up at someone else's house in another state, delaying installation and the whole project. The drawings/plans were missing the layout of certain cabinet panels, which required taking the installed cabinets down and moving them and re-installing them with additional panels. Our installer was quite upset to have all that extra work to do. The cabinets are beautiful and we can't wait to get to use them in a few weeks once the kitchen is finished.

03/13/2015

Michael B.

They were very good. Good design and warranty support.

Description of Work
I used this provider for cabinets.

01/28/2015

J S.

06/27/2014

Michael M.

Description of Work
Ordered new kitchen cabinets for our condo rehab. The quality is great. Much better than entry level home depot or lowes alternatives. We bought the Titusville line which required our contractor to assemble them. They had no complaints. Shipping was slow, but I believe it was because the Titusville line was new. Highly recommend.

05/07/2014

Phillip B.

Description of Work
Deerfield cabinets - made in Alabama - USA, shipped assembled ready to install- they will put the kraftmaids, diamonds, etc out of business with their model -

09/19/2013

John L.

I wouldn't recommend this company. Shipping took a very long time, much longer than they told me upfront. The quality was ok, my contractor didn't like that the cabinets had to be assembled by staples - yes, staples! One packaged arrived damaged and I am working with them for a replacement. Worst, I sent them the model number and dimensions for an oven cabinet. The one they told me to purchase didn't fit and they aren't willing to work with me to get one that does fit. I wouldn't use them again.

Description of Work
Provided cabinets for a kitchen renovation

Category custom cabinets

Hi (removed member name) - I apologize that you were dissatisfied! Your claim was received last Tuesday and has already been processed and was shipped on Friday. Unfortunately, shipping damage does sometimes occur but we want to send replacements as soon as possible. The designer you spoke with answered a few questions regarding your own kitchen design but did not actually send you a design or quote. We only responded with recommendations to your questions and options to choose from. Our designer responded: "If you can fit the 33” oven cabinet in your space that will be the easiest install. The 30” will work, but you will have to cut away the face frame to fit it in. It’s not impossible, just not as easy." We would still recommend the cabinet that you purchased in your situation. All of our RTA Cabinets are staple and glue construction. We do not believe in lower quality cam lock or clip construction and prefer the common way of assembling the cabinets. We make this very transparent on the website as you can see in the assembly videos. http://www.kitchenresourcedirect.com/video (Jasper) If your builder is having any trouble, feel free to have him give us a call so we can help! We appreciate your business and hope the end result is a beautiful kitchen.

05/01/2013

Larry K.

Their customer service is great. They provide a very good product for the money. I ended up having to get a cabinet after the fact and my only concern was for that cabinet was they wanted to charge $250.00 to ship that $140.00 cabinet. They could do better with the shipping options.

Description of Work
They provided cabinets. They shipped them to me and I installed them.