We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Banko Overhead Doors Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since May 2010

5329 W Crenshaw St

Tampa, FL 33634

Banko offers the BEST in Service, Selection and Style. We supply top quality garage doors and openers from Clopay & LiftMaster for both homeowners and businesses. Never any hidden costs and always guaranteed. Trust Banko and Bank on the BEST....

09/02/2020

daryl K.

Let me just say the new Clopay Classic Series wind-rated door (Florida) we had installed looks very nice overall. The installation process took place on the scheduled day and the Technicians did a good job with hardware installation on an extremely hot and humid day. There was an issue with the top piece of seal trim that is getting replaced today but Banko had no issue with it. The Banko estimate was selected after getting estimates from three other companies because they offered free hardware upgrade package and 3% discount. There are some lessons to be learned through the sales, and installation process though. 1. The salesperson did not make clear there were options other than Clopay doors. So...ask specifically which manufacturers are handled by your prospective company. 2. Other than cut-away door samples the and the Clopay brochure the salesperson did not specify what the actual window mullion grids (the fake criss-cross of window glass framing) would be made of or look like. I mention this because this is our other issue. In discussion with the salesperson I took it that there would be a solid plastic frame over top of the polycarbonate. But what we got was a very flimsy and roughly formed flat plastic sheet that sits above the glass. The plastic itself looks very cheap and was not manufactured cleanly as it has flashing and rough edges. It was so disappointing I called Banko to complain; they in turn contacted Clopay. Well the response was "That's it! That's all we offer!". The rep made clear the material is designed to be flexible and resist the elements. So...I'm still working that. If I can at least get a cleanly made set put in I'm going to call it a day. I wish there was a rating between A and B because other than some sales pitch omissions and not cleaning up after the installation Banko did well. If Clopay helps me out is yet to be determined.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door with hurricane rated door

Category doors

05/15/2019

Richard B.

Horrible service. Avoid this door company and shop elsewhere. Why you should hire this company? 1. You don't value your time and like to make multiple appointments. 2. You love your mechanic and want to give him some work to replace the tires that pick up the screws these guys leave behind. 3. You like a loud garage door that squeaks and creaks. Banko was the subcontractor hired by our home builder, Taylor Morrison. They installed a dented door panel and after 6 follow up appointments they still have not fixed the door. They usually will waste your time with a 4 hour appointment window. If you do decide hire them you should set your expectations VERY low. There will likely be a 90% chance they show up with the wrong parts, damaged replacement parts or no parts because they weren't told what the problem is. If the 10% chance that they show up with the proper parts you can expect an 80% chance they will cause further damage and a 95% chance they will leave screws all over your garage floor because they just don't care enough to do the job right. The last appointment. The 6th appointment was supposedly with their expert. I expected a small crew of at least 2 like they have always sent. I should have realized nothing would get done when this expert showed up by himself with no parts. Evidently they didn't feel the need to inform him of the previous 5 appointments or that they agreed to replace certain parts to make the door operate correctly. Would I hire this company with my own money? **** NO

Description of Work
New Garage door installed with so many problems

Category garage doors

As the Brand and Sales Manager, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about these issues. I have already spoken to our Territory Manager and the Taylor Morrison Field Supervisor and we are working hard to rectify the situation.

02/22/2019

Vivian H.

Would like to take this time for a Big Thank You to Banko Overhead Doors, Inc. , for their great service and concern for my safety. Last night while opening my garage door I heard the loud sound. The garage door opener came lose from the ceiling (9 years old hanging by one screw). Immediately call Banko. They had their service technician “Anthony” here within an hour to repair and service the garage door opener. It was getting late and dark and was concern about my safety as the door could not close. In the future I will take time to service my door on time, Thank you again Anthony and Banko.

Description of Work
Secured garage door opener bracket to the ceiling, replacing with new screws.

Category garage doors

We are so glad Anthony could quickly fix your garage door opener issue. Thank you for your kind words about Banko and our team! We hope to provide the same great experience for your future garage door service needs.

09/06/2018

AMY B.

Appointment made for yearly garage door maintenance, technician arrived within scheduled time frame. He noted that 2 of the garage doors needed their springs adjusted, and did so, in addition to providing routine lubrication of the equipment of 3 garage doors.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance of 3 garage doors, plus spring adjustments to 2 doors

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review on your recent maintenance. We take pride in providing our customers with the best service to keep their garage door up and running. We thank you for choosing Banko.

05/10/2018

Jan M.

Scheduled installation of new garage door opener. Told I had to have a 10 Ft area clear for installation in garage. Was storing furniture for son. Had to move couches, chairs, lazyboy, boxes, and tables to driveway and inside house to accommodate Banko. The day of the installation they called and said they did not have the opener and needed to reschedule. I told them that was not acceptable. They offered no alternatives. I suggested buying the opener from another vendor and coming out same day. No response. They said the opener would not arrive until later today. I said the opener needs to be installed same day. They offered nothing and asked again about installing the next day. I would not ever use this company again.

Description of Work
Needed garage door opener replaced

Category garage doors

We thank you for your feedback as this only helps to better enhance our service. A member of our team will be reaching out shortly to rectify the situation.

04/05/2018

Jeffry C.

Derek was excellent! Performed the basic service quickly and efficiently, discussed options for possible future replacement of the drive mechanism without any pushy sales tactics - much appreciated!

Description of Work
Garage door was rattling and loud, refused to function and had to be manually lowered last night because it refused to close automatically even after checking to make sure all the sensors were cleared; Derek came out first thing this morning and did a quick service check, made some minor adjustments and serviced the screw drive

Category garage doors

Thank you for choosing Banko, [Member Name Removed]! We are proud that Derek provided you with excellent service and we look forward to always being there for you when you need us!

03/17/2018

Randy B.

Cannot say enough good things about Banko. Setting the appointment for the estimate was easy. Theresa was SUPER professional and knowledgeable and I really was impressed. She called a day earlier to confirm and change a time and called when he was on the way. She answered all my questions and BANKO is lucky to have her as the first face to meet for this company. I had another large company set up for estimate and my experience with the sales person was awful..she was running hours late did not call so I just cancelled. The install was exactly on date and time promised and we were equally impressed with Ron. Overall A plus experience

Description of Work
Install a new impact garage door

Category garage doors

Thank you for your recent review and choosing Banko. We look forward to working with you in the future and appreciate your recommendation.

03/14/2018

Thomas F.

Sales appointment - Great. No call no show for first installation date. No call no show for second installation date. On the third scheduled date the installer showed up and did a fantastic job. Value for services performed was very good. Was very disappointed about taking 2 days off work and them not calling or showing up. - Totally inexcusable.

Description of Work
Replacement Garage Door

Category garage doors

We thank you for your review and feedback as this will help us to continue to better our service to our customers. A member of the Banko team will be reaching out offline to rectify the situation.

03/03/2018

Rob H.

Banko did a fantastic job. We couldn't be happier with the appearance and functionality of the new doors. The price was extremely reasonable for new three-car doors and two openers and the service was great.

Description of Work
New garage doors and openers installed.

Category garage doors

We thank you for your recent review of our service. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with the appearance and functionality of your new door. We look forward to servicing you in the future.

02/22/2018

Don M.

They showed up on time. When I showed them that my garage door was sticking when you tried to open it. The tech then went to his truck and got some lubricant and sprayed it on all the tracks, rollers, and pullies. The door then worked fine. He then turns and says that will be $90 for the service call. Well good for you Banko. You screwed me on a service call. But now when I need a garage door opener and a new door. I will call someone else. I truly don’t understand companies like you. Why not just charge an honest price for the work you provide.

Description of Work
I called banko to fix a sticking garage door.

Category garage doors

We thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent experience with Banko Overhead Doors. We believe in not charging anyone for anything they do not need, your feedback will continue to assist us in growing our business and pricing program.

01/18/2018

Sandra L.

Couldn't have gone better. Punctual. Professional. Quieted down the noise from the door opening and closing.. Very pleased. Follow up after my first contact was highly professional. I would definitely use them for future garage door needs!

Description of Work
Tightened and oiled cables and such in a aged garage door. Did NOT try to sell me a new motor. A previous vendor was too anxious to try to sell me a new motor for over $300! Said the door was in good shape.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are happy our team could not only fix your noisy door but do it in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service. We look forward to continuing to service your garage door needs for years to come.

01/15/2018

Roberta D.

Very nice guy came within allotted time I was given, got the job done quite quickly, charged what seemed to me quite a reasonable price, helped out a couple of questions related to door, but not to the specific work he did. Very helpful.

Description of Work
Fixed garage door

Category garage doors

Thank you for choosing Banko. We are happy our team could quickly accomplish the job at a reasonable price. We appreciate your review and look forward to working with you in the future.

01/08/2018

Steven C.

Price was great and quality of the installation was good. The problem was with the number of visits and time required to get things to the point where it could pass inspection. Accepted quote and paid deposit on 10/26/17 with install scheduled for 11/16/17. Received a call that the door panels were back ordered and installation was rescheduled for 11/29/17. Installer showed up and realized that the track he was given was not correct. He removed the old doors while waiting for correct track from warehouse. During unpacking of door panels found one small panel with shipping damage and the large panels were not the style that was ordered and they also didn't match each other. He went ahead and installed them so I would have usable doors. In all, 5 of 8 door panels needed replacing and the door springs were also not correct and couldn't be properly balanced. Contacted by company and was told that new correct panels would be ordered with an installation date of 12/27/17. Installer arrived on 12/27/17 with new panels & springs to install but without a new spring for the small door and inserts for windows. These were delivered from warehouse. During install I had to help place the large top panel with impact glass because it was too heavy for a single person (There had been 2 installers previously). Installation finished and everything looked pretty good. I noticed that the permit listed the wrong manufacturer of doors so that had to be corrected and a new package sent to me. City inspector arrived on 1/3/18 and only did a partial approval of install because the doors were missing their hurricane rating stickers. Another call to Banko for the stickers, a second set of safety stickers and some touch up paint for some installation scratches. Installer showed up on 1/5/18 with hurricane stickers & touch up paint but no safety stickers. Called Banko again to get stickers mailed to me. 1/8/18, building inspector passes installation. The Banko installers were all great to work with and did a quality job. Also, the office staff was apologetic and did their best to help. This helped me to stay calm through this project. The problem seems to be with the folks that load the installers trucks. Just too many missing pieces and miscommunication.

Description of Work
Replaced double and single garage doors with hurricane rated doors with impact windows.

Category garage doors

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your feedback and will use this feedback to continue to grow and train our employee's. Thank you.

01/02/2018

Eric G.

In summary, it took almost five months to get this job done correctly. It began with two reschedules to dates Banko had recommended because parts were not available. After that, there were two aborted attempts to do the installation. The techs could not do the job because in both cases the wrong parts were packed in their trucks by the office. The third time the installation was completed but the lift labored to lift the door because the spring was not specified properly. Finally, Banko weighed the door as they should have when they quoted the job. After three weeks waiting for the parts the job was finally done correctly. The techs who did the work were well trained and professional. The issues with this company appear to be related to poor processes and control in quoting, parts procurement and job prep by their office staff. I would not use them for any garage door related work in the future

Description of Work
Installation of a side lift garage door opener with high lift track

11/29/2017

Louis A.

They were friendly and professional.

Description of Work
My parents’ garage door had fallen out of the tracks. I called and within one hour they came and fixed it. Thank you for being honest and for fixing the problem.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review of our service and choosing Banko. We appreciate your feedback and loyalty to our team.

10/22/2017

John M.

For standard service call pricing, Banko came in promptly (next day) and fixed the door, but then did thorough adjustments, more than I expected.

Description of Work
The door was stuck and out of alignment.Banko came in promptly (next day) and fixed the door, but then did thorough adjustments, more than I expected.

Category garage doors

Thank you for choosing Banko. We are happy our team could promptly fix your door, as well as make additional adjustments to get your door in the best working order. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to servicing you again in the future.

10/09/2017

Amanda L.

arrived early. performed the job quickly didn't try to upcharge!

Description of Work
replaced spring on garage door.

Category garage doors

Thank you for choosing Banko.

10/05/2017

jignesh P.

Very well. Guy came in and replace springs. explain in detail about why to change both springs if broken only one. i replaced both.

Description of Work
Spring has broken for two car garage door.

Category garage doors

We thank you for your review and are glad our team could assist with replacing your broken springs. We thank you for choosing Banko and look forward to working with you again soon.

09/25/2017

Alvin H.

I researched the garage door manufacturer and found it was still operating and replacement parts were readily available. This company is either ignorant of the available products or they are very dishonest.

Description of Work
I hired this company to fix a my garage door and to replace the weather striping. The door was not broken and he fixed the minor problem in minutes. I wanted to the weather striping replaced and the tech named Brent said this was not possible because the manufacturer was no longer in business, I would have to replace the door for about $1200..

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review and feedback, as this allows us to better serve our customers in the future. In regards to your weather stripping, we do not carry this part or it's not readily available to us. There are millions of rubber seals for sale on the internet, we can't possibly stock them all. If you are interested in finding/buy the parts, we are happy to do the labor. To clarify your door replacement our team wasn't saying to replace the door, just that we can't install a new seal on the bottom of the door. The door at your home is 17 years old (house built in 2000) mentioning a new door is based on the age of your current door.

09/22/2017

Melissa B.

They did a great job. The service tech called to see if he could come early for our appointment. He fixed the problem we were having with our garage door and did not try to up sell us. He was proficient, knowledgeable and did his work in a timely manner. Pricing was fair as well. We would hire them again if we need service again and would definitely use them when it comes time to replace our existing doors.

Description of Work
Cable on garage door needed to be repaired.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing Banko. We are happy our team efficiently handle your garage door issues, while only selling you on necessities for your door. At Banko we believe our techs are knowledgeable and only sell customers what is needed, we are happy this was represented during your service visit. We look forward to working with you in the future.

09/13/2017

Douglas T.

Well, it took 2 visits to get it right. First guy came out during his designated window and replaced both springs(I upgraded to both). He seemed professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Door seemed to function fine for 3 days or so. Then the wire unspooled and the door jammed. So I called Banko back. They were very responsive. Sent a new guy out right away. This guy undid everything the first guy did and gave me completely different springs. They others were too strong for the very light door that I have. The new guy was also professional and courteous. He explained why the other springs were not right and showed me what was happening. So in the end, everything is fine. But it took 2 trips. They totally covered everything on the second visit. I am fortune that I can take off work to deal with this stuff. Others may not be. So I downgraded them to a 'B' for the hassle.

Description of Work
I needed to have 1 spring replaced on the garage door.

Category garage doors

We apologize for your multiple garage door issues, but happy our team could assist you in getting it all fixed. We thank you for your feedback as it helps us to continue to better our service.

09/13/2017

Rick B.

The Banko technician (Rod/Rob? sorry, can't remember name) showed up and promptly replaced cables, adjusted spring tension, straightened tracks, greased threaded opener rod, and informed me everything else was fine. In and out in less than an hour, for a lot less than I expected. He was courteous and professional (not like another company I used several years ago that told me I needed to replace all door hardware (rollers/rails), or he said everything would fail within months. The other company also told me to use silicone spray on the opener rod instead of grease, which made a mess of everything, and didn't work well). The Banko tech also let me know about options to strengthen the door for future hurricanes, and how to properly grease the opener rod and check for spring tension. Very impressed, and I will be calling Banko for all future work.

Description of Work
Broken cable and bent track on double-car garage door. Spring out of adjustment.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review and choosing Banko. We appreciate you as a customer and thank you for your recommendation.

09/06/2017

sandy A.

Fantastic, honest and professional will hire again for sure!

Description of Work
did maintenance to door and did not try to sell me anything I did not need (which I had happen with another garage door service that advertises a lot here in town)

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to working with you again in the future.

08/18/2017

Bob K.

Great job all around from the estimate to completion. All appointments were on time. Very professional company.

Description of Work
Replaced old garage door with new hurricane proof door and mountings.

Category garage doors

We thank you for your review and sharing your experience. We look forward to continuing to service your garage door needs in the future.

08/17/2017

Debbi O.

Highly Recommend! An HONEST, FAIR PRICED serviceperson and company!! Told me springs were older but not in dire need of replacing this minute and that all the safety features were in place, even though 1st company pressured me into thinking I needed to replace right now! Only had to pay for the service call and nothing else. Not to mention the quote they gave me for the springs was almost $400 less than the 1st company and similarly priced to another company. My springs will indeed need to be replaced at sometime and when they do, this company will get ALL OF MY BUSINESS!

Description of Work
2nd opinion for replacement of garage door springs that I was told should be replaced as soon as possible for safety reasons by another company.

Category garage doors

We are happy our team was able to build such a trust with you. We believe in honest upfront pricing at Banko and won't charge or sell you on something you don't need. We look forwarding to being your "go to" garage door company for any future needs.

Precision Overhead Garage Door

You can rely on Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area to provide the type of service you would expect from a locally owned company; while enjoying the security that doing business with a National Franchise company can bring. Each owned & operated as an individual franchise. Our slogan is "We Fix Garage Doors Right"™ and we spend a lot of time defining and redefining what that means to us as a company and what it means to you as a consumer. This singular focus has led us to pioneer the industry standard warranty for garage door repair and a training program for technicians that is second to none in the garage door industry. Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area was opened in 2001 and proudly serves the West Florida. We are a full service garage door company specializing in Garage Door Repair, Replacement Garage Doors and repair of Garage Door Openers. 45 Trucks running days, evenings, weekends, with no extra charge for nights or weekends. Locally owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Precision Garage Door Service, Precision Garage Door, Rapp Operations, LLC, Precision Door, Precision Overhead Door. Additional phone numbers - (727) 556-0066, (727) 573-7968.

Bayside Garage Doors

Low prices, fast efficient service and excellent customer service. 24 hour emergency service provided for all your garage door needs! Bayside Garage Doors has the solution that’s right for your unique situation, accommodating your budget with quality products at affordable prices. Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority and we look forward to taking care of all of your overhead door requirements. Call 813-433-7395 today. In case of an emergency, we offer 24hr service night, weekend, or holiday emergency service at no extra charge.

Certified Garage Door Inc

Locally owned and operated, Certified Garage door is a family service business built upon the principal that exceeding customer's expectations is a goal we strive to achieve on every visit. We have been involved in the garage door business for over 12 years in Hillsborough & Pasco County and have brought a thorough knowledge of residential garage doors along with us to this business. We are a 2 employee operation that is easily accessible 24 hours a day. We guarantee same day service with no extra charges for "after hours" visits. We are clean, courteous, honest and experienced. We guarantee to explain every option available to repair or replace what is needed. We offer free on site estimates for new doors. We specialize in broken spring replacement and carry a full line of sizes on our trucks so the job is completed on the first call. We are licensed, bonded, and insured. All documents are available upon request.

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

If you’re in the market for a new garage door Banko Overhead Doors, Inc. can help you find the right product at the very best price. We provide the highest quality products and professional installation for all types of garage doors. A complete selection of hurricane-rated garage doors including doors from Clopay© and Amarr©. Upgrading your garage door provides a significant boost to your home´s curb appeal. It is one of the most cost-effective home improvements you can make.

Residential and Commercial Garage Door Repair and Installation. Garage Door Spring Repair. 24/7 Emergency Service. Garage Door Opener Repair. Garage Door Maintenance. Garage Door Panel and Section Repair.