We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Appliance Repair Specialists

Founded 1997 • With Angi since January 2007

12000 N Nebraska Ave

Tampa, FL 33612

A broken appliance is never planned, so when it happens it can cause you a lot of stress. We know your time is valuable. That is why our main goal at Appliance Repair Specialists is to resolve your appliance repair issues as quickly as possible. To meet this goal, we do our best to offer same-day or next-day appointments. From the representative answering the phone to the factory-trained and background checked technician repairing your appliance, our staff is well-trained to ensure your appliance is fixed fast. Our trucks are fully stocked with the most common appliance parts, with the goal of repairing your appliance on the first visit. If a part is needed, we do our best to expedite the part order. Our goal is to get your life back to normal....

01/18/2021

Joseph Paul H.

Brian, the tech, did a very good job with the repair and was thorough in explaining what the problem was and what was needed to fix. Shannon, the customer service rep, was very pleasant in setting up my appointment and follow up as well. I was very pleased with the service, price and staff of the company and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
The tech replaced a front castor wheel and new drain line filters and improved heating element. My fridge was freezing up behind the inside panel and stopped the internal cooling fan from turning.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really do appreciate your feedback. Thank you, Lance

04/09/2019

Robert D.

Quoted $150 higher than other responses. Bearing and seal Kit $75 on Amazon. Quoted over $500 for repair. Labor time for Job approximatley 1 hour.

Description of Work
Tub Seal and Bearing installed in Washer.

Category appliance repair,small appliance repair

We hope the Angie's List service provider that you selected repaired your washing machine to your satisfaction. When customers request a price quote over the phone, our staff does the best they can. Our staff answering the phone are customer care professionals, not technicians. They are just estimating based on the information given. Customers get upset if they receive a guesstimation over the phone that is lower than what our technicians quote at the job site. Since we have had this experience in the past, our customer care professionals estimate higher. If the technician estimates a lower repair price after looking at the appliance, the customers are happier, but if the repair price is higher, the customers are upset with the technician, the customer care professionals, and our company. This is not a winning situation.

03/03/2019

Kelvin D.

I submitted a quote request thru Angie’s List, Shannon called me at 8 am next morning and had tech (Jason?) at my home that afternoon. Tech was professional and courteous. He answered all my questions. After a few days the fridge was making a knocking noise. I called them and same tech came out and had to melt ice off the coils (?) due to fridge not cooling for days prior to repair. They were very responsive, I will definitely use them again (hope I don’t need to though :)

Description of Work
GE Refrigerator was not working

Category appliance repair

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really do appreciate your feedback Jason & Shannon. Thank you, Lance

01/15/2019

Jim S.

New mother board was needed...it was ordered and installed upon arrival...

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Category appliance repair

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really do appreciate your feedback. Thank you, Shannon

01/11/2019

GREGORY F.

Company representative called the same day I requested service to inquire about my problem. I explained the issue. Made an appointment for the next day. Technician showed up on time, figured out the problem. The first company said I needed parts, evidently that was not the case. I had all the necessary parts. Repaired it within a hour.

Description of Work
Repaired Dryer

01/01/2019

Gregory F.

Company representative called me within hours after my message for service and stated a technician would be out the next day. Technician called before showing, arrived on time. Identified the problem and had my Dryer working within an hour. I was very impressed.

Description of Work
Hook up a new power cord, repair burned wire and terminal on terminal block.

12/14/2018

RALPH K.

The repairman arrived on time and diagnosed the problem. It was made easier because the issue was the same problem I had two years earlier, and the same company (not the same person) fixed it. I needed the defrost timer replaced. The cost of the repair had increased since my first service but, as a courtesy, I was charged the same amount as two years prior to effect the repair. This was a very kind offer. The repair was completed quickly and effectively.

Description of Work
My refrigerator stopped cooling/freezing.

07/22/2018

Carlos B.

Tech thawed it out and and got it to work again. LG Poor deign made it freeze up again. LG frig would not be purchased again. Appliance repair Tech was very professional and informative and educated me on the LG design and product bulletins and possible resolution if freezing ice make continues.

Description of Work
Fix LG Ice Maker

06/13/2018

Rick M.

Tried to repair son's washer. Misdiagnosed problem 2 times then said could not fix problem. Refunded some of money.

Description of Work
Appliance repair

Category appliance repair,small appliance repair

Sorry we did not meet your expectation.

06/06/2018

Kathleen M.

Recommended replacing it due to cost.

Description of Work
Checked washer

05/11/2018

Ahmed R.

Great job. Diagnosed the issue and replaced the correct part.

Description of Work
Repair Oven

04/26/2018

Jin L.

I called yesterday to have technician come looking at our dishwasher and Shannon picked up the call. An appointment was quickly set up between 10a.m. to 1 p.m. for today and I thought ok, a 5-hours waiting window but at least we can get it fixed. However, that is all the good things happened. The Technician showed up 30 minutes early, my poor mother-in-law answered the door. Since she spoke little English and she could not understand what the guy wanted because it was before the appointment time. So she said no and called me right away. I called this company at soon as I got the call and Shannon picked up again and then she confirmed that technician was here but left for another job already and he is not coming back until tomorrow. I asked why the guy did not at least wait or give me a call since they have my cell phone. He was early and he could not just wait for about 5 minutes to confirm? he can just call! We are willing to sit for the appointment for 5 hours (he could show up any time between 10 a.m. through 1 p.m. and still considered on time) but he could not just double check with office or me to confirm. and we have to schedule another appointment for the next day simply because he did not want to wait?! Shannon could not explain why. This is just a wrong business practice.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair.

Category appliance repair,small appliance repair

Mr [Member Name Removed], We want to apologize to you that we did not meet your expectation. It appears we did have a failure in our communication with you. Our normal process is to give all customers a three hour window. The window we gave you the day before was 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Our technician was running early and called your cell number to request if he could come early. To my understanding, he called your cell and left a message. When he arrived early, he knocked on the front door. It appears your mother-in-law and our technician could not communicate due to a language difference. Unfortunately, he mistakenly confused the situation that your mother-in-law no longer wanted our service. Our technician made a mistake and decided to move on to the rest of his service calls. You are located in Tampa and the rest of his service call was in Pinellas County. With this route, he was unable to return to you that same day. Our goal is to exceed your expectation and we failed. We are very sorry and hope another Angie's List service provider was able to satisfy you. Sorry, Lance

04/18/2018

Steve M.

Outstanding service and responsiveness. Had a service call for an icemaker that wasn't producing ice. We opted to see if unfreezing the ice maker and restarting it would solve the problem. It worked for two weeks and then quit again. We called again to have a new ice maker installed. Got next day service and they credited the cost of the first service call to the replacement installation. They were thorough and professional. We have used them before and definitely highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Refrigerator ice maker stopped working and needed to be replaced

04/14/2018

Allen T.

Diagnosed problem as main circuit board. Part ordered, arrived damaged. Part re-ordered and replaced. Thus, three visits. Technician seemed top-notch. Knowledgeable, capable, prompt.

Description of Work
Oven not reaching and maintaining set temperature.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review. We really do appreciate the feedback. Thank you, Shannon

04/02/2018

Kevin R.

They were polite & professional when I called to schedule. The tech called in advance, was on time and he was very polite and professional as well. As I expected the compressor was shot and irreparable. Only charged for pre agreed upon service call which would have been credited to any work done if it could have been repaired.

Description of Work
Needed to have a fridge diagnosed as it wasn’t cooling properly.

02/13/2018

Cheryl F.

New garbage disposal piece was not released so water wasn’t draining in dishwasher.

Description of Work
Water drainage

01/18/2018

Peg G.

The technician immediately diagnosed the problem, ordered the part and came back the next day and installed it. The freezer is working fine and I was very pleased with their service.

Description of Work
The freezers fan stopped working.

12/06/2017

Brian M.

Perfectly. Technician had parts on hand. No need to order.

Description of Work
GE refrigerator control panel was out. Repaired or replaced electronic component.

11/29/2017

Jerry N.

It was done correctly the first time and we have not had any more problems with our refrigerator compressor. I would highly recommend them again.

Description of Work
They replaced the part that turns the compressor on. Without that part the compressor does not work.

10/23/2017

Carol M.

I was pleased with the service. I would recommend them and use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Appliance repair of Dishwasher and Washing Machine.

10/21/2017

LINDA J.

I scheduled an appointment. Eric came on time and diagnosed the problem. The part was ordered and he returned and replaced the motor. He is a meticulous and expert technician. The ladies in the office were efficient and professional. I even got an email from the owner (Lance) offering some tips to resolve the noise before we determined I needed a service call. They will be my "go to" crew for appliance repair.

Description of Work
My dishwasher was making a noise.

08/17/2017

Nora G.

Great job on from Eric and the people answering the service call.

Description of Work
We needed stove door to be cleaned and repaired and the gasket on on the freezer door to be replaced. Eric was kind and truthful enough to advise us several options so in the end we decided to eat a new refrigerator...the stove door was fixed very well and efficiently...so great job all in all. The folks answering the phone were also kind and helpful. I recommend these services. We will use them again if needed in the future.

08/07/2017

Brenda W.

Went very well. Rep was very congenial, on time, and did a great job. Would choose them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Washing machine and dryer needed repair.

08/05/2017

Beth F.

My schedule time was between 3 and 6. They never showed. I called them 3 times. The first time I was told the technician would call me. Didn't happen. The second time I was told that dispatch would call. Didn't happen. The third time he said someone will call me. Now it's 8 and nothing. Very unprofessional. Would never recommend

Description of Work
Repair my washing machine

Category appliance repair

We want to apologies for not arriving for your schedule time. Our technician was running behind and we did not do a good enough job of informing you that he was running late. Also you have helped us discover a glitch in our customer service response system. After 5:00pm our phones are forwarded to an answering service. We currently do not see who called us from 5pm to 8am until the following morning. You did call three time, but you spoke to the answering service and not our office. We did not know you call until the following morning. When we reached out to you on Saturday you were understandingly upset, and informed us you were going to use another company. Which we completely understand. We are working with our answering service to inform us if we need to resolve a customer issue after 5pm. Again everyone at Appliance Repair Specialists want to apologies that we did not provide the customer service you deserve, but we also want to thank you for bring to our attention a flaw in our customer service response. Sincerely, Lance K

08/01/2017

Paula V.

Fine, however, cost of repair high in relation to job performed.

Description of Work
Replaced two infinite switches in stove/range.

Caribbean Cool Air Conditioning

"Beat the Florida heat with Caribbean Cool!! Family Owned and Operated. Open 7 days a week. - All New A/C installs include: Outside condenser unit Inside air handler unit New digital thermostat SS2 float switch Secondary drain pan Concrete slap with hurricane tiedowns Permit included **10-year warranty on Parts and 2-year labor - Preventative Maintenance Service Call $80.00 includes Checking: Refrigerant levels on the system Air handler coils Cleaning out the drain line Compressor amperage Ductwork for leaks Filter replacement Check for bad capacitors and contactors Ultra UV light Installation, Repair/Maintenance, Ductwork replacement, Coil cleaning, and more."

Suncoast Breeze Air Conditioning & Heating Inc

We specialize in all phases of heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, maintenance, and more! Residential and commercial services! Your cost is determined by the job! We are licensed, License # Cac 1814251. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Air Pro's HVAC Contracting, LLC

We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate! Military and Senior Discount of 5%.

Household appliances. Manufacturers. Washers and dryers. Refrigerators and freezers. Gas and electric ranges. Dishwashers and disposals. Amana. Frigidaire. General Electric. Hotpoint. Jenn-Air. LG. Kenmore. Kitchenaid. Magic Chef. Maytag. Roper. Samsung. Sears & Whirlpool.