Air Masters of Tampa Bay Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since August 1999

All service employees are factory trained and drug tested. We never sub-contract out our work. Won Best of Tampa A/C Co. 5yrs in a row.5 Star Trane Specialist. A+ rated on BBB. Family owned business since 1983. We provide a life time warranty on our workmanship. Award winning. Additional contact

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

4.4

HVAC Companies (281)air duct cleaning (16)home energy audit (1)mold removal (1)water damage restoration (1)

11/06/2020

Christopher F.

Horrible customer service. I called multiple times for 1 issues (that was an install issue). I was rudely told I would get a call back each time after it is researched. I never received a call back. I call a third time and am told my issue won’t be covered but can be fixed for a charge. I explained it was an install issue. I was then told very rudely, “we don’t know who has touched the unit between now and the time it was installed” even though Air Masters is the only company to touch my unit as I have paid them for for all services and repairs and have receipts for. This has been an ongoing issue I have told the service technicians multiple times that have come to my home. Each time I was blown off. I finally get a technician that find the issue after I have had to repair my ceiling multiple times at my own expense and am blown off with the blame game. I Would not recommend this company to anyone! They are overpriced and say it’s because they provide such good service and quality products. I beg to differ. I continued to pay the overpriced services to ensure if there was an issue it would be fixed and ensure any warranty to avoid the he said she said of “we don’t know what another person did” and I still got the blame game. When Air Masters are the only company to ever touch this unit. There units are garbage and when it comes time to fix an issue they always find a way to charge you and there cleanings are extremely overpriced. Funny after a cleaning I look at my unit outside and it’s clogged with leaves and I have to blow it out myself. Beware of this overpriced, rude staff company! #airmastersoftampabay #horriblecustomerservice

Description of Work
Installation issue resolved

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

09/24/2020

Nick V.

Air Masters installed a 3 ton American standard along with replacing 10ft of ducting and charged me over $16,000.00. They pulled the permit 3 months after the job was completed and never had it inspected. They also left 2 huge holes in my garage ceiling because they made mistakes when determining where the new ducting would go through the ceiling. Not to mention the poor customer service representatives that have terrible communication skills. Horrible company!!! Stay away from them!!!

Description of Work
New AC Unit and 10ft of ducting.

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

09/18/2020

Nicholas S.

Excellent service provided by the technician CJ. He arrived early, did a walk-around inspection before beginning installing a new air conditioning unit. CJ was very professional and polite with excellent service. I really appreciated CJ's hard work! Thank you Air Master's of Tampa Bay!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

08/31/2020

William M.

Excellent service excellent price exceptionally excellent people.

Description of Work
New heat pump

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

Thank you for your review. Our workers like hearing about your feed back

06/30/2020

Tyler H.

the technician was on time but didn't seem to be very knowledgeable when i asked him advice about the system

Description of Work
Air-conditioning service

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

12/16/2019

Cheryl D.

Your technician Carlos , was very personable. He checked out 1 year old trane system. He was very thorough , did a great job. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Tune up on furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, energy audit

Work Completed On 12/16/2019

12/16/2019

William Z.

As with anyone there's an occasional glitch, but they are really good about getting it done right. I've been a home owner here and there for 50 years and am happy my choice here in Tampa worked out.

Description of Work
zoning of hvac and ongoing maintenance for 5 years

Work Completed On 12/16/2019

09/18/2019

Karl B.

Excellent service by Alberto. Complete system check done. Unclogged drain line while here. Kudos to the front office for moving up my appointment to accommodate the A/C outage caused by the clogged drain line. I very much appreciated their going out of their way to take care of this.

Description of Work
Semi annual system check

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

03/05/2019

Karl B.

Excellent service provided by Alberto. He arrived bright and early and did a walk-around inspection before beginning. He then briefed me on what he was going to do and approximately how long it would take. Following the servicing he sat down with me and did a item by item review of what was done. Basically everything was OK so the service and duct cleaning was routine. Very pleased with the result. The contract calls for a follow-up inspection/servicing in the fall.

Description of Work
Semi-annual HVAC and gas heater inspection and tune-up plus duct cleaning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 02/20/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you for your words of encouragement. We're in a very competitive line of business. Alberto is a wonderful reflection of our company's goals of providing quality service to our valued clients. We appreciate your business & continued trust.

01/07/2019

KRISTIN C.

I have never in my life written a bad review for a company, so this is a first for me. In January of 2018, Airmasters replaced a 2 ton AC of our with a 3 ton, 2 stage unit that cost us $8,000. The salesperson said that the bigger system would run more efficiently and which would lower our power bills. I believed him. This hasn't happened. In fact, since installation the unit has never worked as it should and our power bills have increased. There are days like today (March 4, 2019) where the wall thermostat read 70, but the temperature in the rooms was actually 62 degrees. This system only heats and cools two rooms, so I purchased an external thermometer to monitor the actual temperatures. There are other days in the heat of summer when the wall thermostat will read 70, but it is actually 77 degrees in the rooms. Since the system was installed in January 2018, I have repeatedly called AirMasters to report the problem and they did send technicians out. However, no one has ever diagnosed the issue. In May 2018, they placed an external temperature monitor in one of the rooms for a week. They told me they would get back to me with the findings, they never did. When I would call to ask about it, they would say they would have to ask someone else and would call back. The issues persisted. Every time a tech has comes out, they do tell us that the system has “High Static Pressure”. From what I’ve researched, High Static Pressure is the result of a system being to large for the area it is trying to cool. I never requested a 3 ton unit to replace the existing 2 ton unit, this is what the sales person recommended for optimal return. In August of 2018, I filed a complaint with Hillsborough county because the summer heat was getting unbearable and I wasn't getting anywhere with the company. The case went on until December 2018, with a lot of back and forth. The case manager told me that throughout the entire process, she never once spoke to anyone from the management team during her inquiries. I find that very odd, and frankly, quite disappointing. We have been loyal AirMasters customers since 2002 when they installed both systems and all of the ductwork in our new house. In October 2018, I called a new AC company to ask for their opinion. This company refused to provide me a quote because they said they did not want to get involved in this job. "Upon inspection, found new system to be oversized for the area it is cooling. The ductwork that they have only adds up to between 700 and 800 cfm depending on the static they went by to install the ductwork. A 3 ton unit needs to be able to get rid of 1200 cfm and is capable of cooling up to 1500 sf. This system is only cooling a master bedroom and an office. There isn’t enough area to add ductwork to make it work. Needs to have a 2.0 system installed for proper cooling. " When I reported this to Hillsborough County, AirMasters responded that the company was not a certified to work on Trane units. In December 2018, I received a phone call and a letter from Hillsborough County saying the case was closed. They cited that on two biannual maintenance invoices from AirMasters - one in 2015 and one in 2016 - it showed that our duct work was "bad" Yet, when the $8000 new system was installed, there was no reference to any duct work issues. And further, our previous air conditioner worked fine. It was getting up in age, so the technician suggested we get a new system. So, I've started to inquire with other companies about the ductwork and so far two additional companies have told me they think the system is just simply too big for the space. One company (and yes Trane Certified) even recommended shutting off the 2nd stage on the 3 ton unit, so it will just run as a single stage. So, then, I ask, why would we have even bought the two stage to begin with? AirMasters, I'm so incredibly disappointed at how you've treated us as loyal 17 year customers. BUT, you can still make this right! I just hope this review will save even 1 person from making the poor decision that we did. $8000 is a lot of money to pay for something that doesn't work as it should.

Description of Work
Replacement of 2 ton AC unit.

Work Completed On 12/26/2018

07/02/2018

Frank L.

Not well. I have been a customer for 11 years, have had multiple preventive-maintenance contracts and even bought an AC unit from them a couple of years ago. After getting an elevated static-pressure reading at the most recent preventive-maintenance visit (May 31) I called the company just for further info. Called on Monday (June 4) and gave my cell-phone number, and was told I would be called back; called again on Tuesday (June 5) and gave my cell number, and was told the same; called once again on Thursday (June 7) and provided my cell number, and was called back to schedule a visit by a supervisor the following Wednesday (June 13) between 10-12. After arranging my schedule around the window given, I called at 11 that day to be sure I was on the supervisor's list and was told that I would be next. At 12:15, already 15 minutes beyond the window given, I got a call to confirm someone would be at the house before they sent a "technician," which I did. At 1 the supervisor called in connection with my phone messages. After telling him about all the calls I had made, getting his apology and phone number, and discussing the issue, I asked him if anyone was coming to the house and he said that that was the reason for his call. So 10 days to get my question answered and a morning wasted expecting a visit I never requested. A letter to the owner (with cell number included) sent by postal mail to their Florida Av. address two weeks ago with the above history and the promise I would not continue service after the next prepaid visit has gone without a response. This is not the company I once knew. I will not continue with them.

Description of Work
A simple call back to answer a question about elevated static pressure in my AC.

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

12/01/2017

John B.

We called and they answered and said they could have someone at my house between 4pm and 6pm. Scott Griffin arrived at 4pm. I told him about the history of my lemon AC and what was going on with it today. He told me not to worry that it was probably just a capacitor - and I thought maybe for most ACs - but this is going to cost me a couple thousand. Within a few minutes, Scott had the capacitor out, checked it, and told me it was bad. He replaced the capacitor, we turned on the AC, and it worked. He did some pressure and temperature checks and said the unit was running great. I have an interest in all things mechanical - so I stood outside with him and he answered my questions about the AC and we BSd quite a bit. He was probably here just about an hour but he only charged me for 1/2 hr labor - which is probably about how long it would have taken to fix it if I hadn't held him up with all of my questions. So - the company does charge add a $15 fuel charge which is irritating to me. I would prefer they upcharge me $15 on the part. But in the scheme of things that is a small irritation. Also on the billing you will note that there is an in and out time including driving time that makes it appear as if you a being billed for more time than you actually are. In my case it looked like I was being billed for 2hrs labor in this section but it was actually written up as .5hrs. The manager told me it had to do with accounting for time. Just an aside so you don't get yourself worked up about it like I did. Overall the service was outstanding and I will definitely continue to use them. I definitely won't use the guys that told me my "coil was out" on my brand new unit 3 times in five years! Any kind of repair service is kind of like going to the dentist - you have to trust what they are telling you and make a decision if you are going to pay for what they recommend. My impression is that you can definitely trust these guys.

Description of Work
My AC stopped working. I had this unit installed 6 years ago with a 5 year parts warranty. The coil "went out" at 13 months - costing me >$1,700 in labor and freon - the coil was covered under warranty. Over a period of 5 years this happened a total of 3 times costing me over $5,000 in total - about what I paid for the unit. So I called the company who installed the unit and left a message, but we were hot, and my wife had the number of someone who her friend said "was good". I did a quick look on Angie's List and noted the excellent rating so we called Air Masters of Tampa Bay.

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

11/07/2017

Thomas M.

In Sept 2017 we ordered a replacement air conditioning heating for our home. And on SepT 07, they brought a wrong equipment. It was too big, it wouldn't fit, they did not measured it correctly, so we have to order another unit. And that unit was delivered the on the 18 of Sept. The equipment only ran for 2 days and the compressor failed .A new compressor was ordered and installed on the 23 of Sept of 2017. With that compressor in, there was a very high pitched shrill and annoying whistle. On the 28 of Sept. we had Air Master come again, and they documented the Following: They found the system to be noisy The unit is still too loud for the customer satisfaction Fire unit was twice as quiet. Customer request unit be replaced. Loud whistling sound get worst as the unit run. That was documented by Air master on Sept 28/201. This unit is a lemon, it is not working right. We want Angie's list to help us to replace this units that gives a high pitch noise and we want a unit that works properly. and I want you to know since Sept 28 they come out twice to resolve this problem but they cannot resolve it. we have already paid in full for this units that is not working properly.

Description of Work
Installed a water exchange unit and a compressor.

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

We found the original system broke beyond repair. We tried to install a more common system that we thought would work. The system was a little to big so we ordered Hydro Tech that would fit. While the did lose a compressor. After two days we immediately changed out the compression and it has been running since. While we did not hear any noise after we moved some piping, [member name removed) wife said she still heard some whistling noise. The factory recommended putting a sound blanket over the compressor which we did. [member name removed) wife said she still could hear some noise. We went out there with a decibel meter. The unit is rated at 72 decibels and our meter was reading 60 decibels. We are trying to arrange for the manufacture representative to tell us when they can come out.

10/18/2017

Danley C.

They are friendly on the phone, but do not follow up with any action. I also called them to request a price to relocate an air vent in the library to make room for new shelves. I was told that the installation manager would call to schedule a time to look at it and give me a price. I never got a call, so I did the relocation myself. I do not intend to renew my maintenance agreement after this one expires. I will find an HVAC company that is more responsive to our needs.

Description of Work
Air Masters has been doing our semi annual maintenance for a little over a year. They have done well on the maintenance, but are non-responsive when we call to get repair work done. For example, we asked them to check out the electronic filter that is not working on September 5, when they came for the semi-annual inspection. We asked three more times since then, but to no avail.

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

09/08/2017

Arthur P.

I have done business with Air Masters both for my home and my office for a number of years now, so getting good service had become such a routine event that, quite frankly, I had begun to take it for granted. However, I had a recent service experience that was so exemplary, I thought it warranted a public “pat on the back”. During a recent rainy evening at around 6:00 pm, the air conditioner at my home suddenly stopped working. Between the late hour and the miserable weather, I didn't have much hope that this would be fixed anytime soon. However, with the stifling heat, I thought I would give it a try. The response I got from this company should be studied as a model for service by any organization. On making the call I got a recording that promised a return phone call within 15 minutes. Within 15 minutes a woman from the company returned my call and promised to immediately dispatch one of their technicians to our home that night. A few minutes later she was thoughtful enough to call me back to apologize for the fact that he was still in Tampa on a job and might not arrive until 8:00. In any case, Scott arrived around 7 and by ~7:30 despite the miserable weather he had diagnosed and corrected the problem. As a result, what would have been a miserable night in this heat and humidity, was a much appreciated, comfortable night’s rest. As I said earlier, the biggest problem with this company and their service is that it is so consistently competent, it gets taken for granted and not often enough given the accolades it deserves.

Description of Work
air-conditioning installation and repair

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

08/29/2017

GORDON H.

They have been good, we have used them for years. They checked the air handler, compressors and freon.

Description of Work
Air conditioning maintenance.

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

06/26/2017

Michelle J.

The whole process was super simple. Called on Thurs to arrange financing & schedule install - took less than 10 minutes; unit installed next day! Going on 4 weeks & no issues. The install team was great - went about their business with minimal interruption. Took care removing/replacing the air handler that was in my attic. Look forward to my new relationship with AirMasters!

Description of Work
I hired Air Masters to replace my antiquated 20yo 2.5 HVAC system.

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

06/09/2017

Joanne T.

They come every 6 months to check the system. It’s a great company. They’re very reliable. They are a good company and they give you price options. I've used them for over 5 years.

Description of Work
They check the entire system.

Work Completed On 02/15/2015

06/09/2017

Joanne T.

They come every 6 months like clockwork. I pay about $140 per year. Yes, I would use them again.

Description of Work
It was just the semiannual check on the A/C system. They check the entire system.

Work Completed On 02/15/2016

06/06/2017

Elizabeth H.

The two installer technicians (Quinton and Corey) arrived on time, and worked very hard. The air handler is in attic. It is very hot work but they were very professional and there was no complaining about what they had to do. They couldn't have been nicer. The $$ amount quoted was the amount we paid; no extra add-on items. Marlo (in service) was very helpful and scheduled work for next day when we decided to replace. Our house hasn't been this comfortable in 20 years. THANK YOU.

Description of Work
Had new Carrier heat pump installed.

Work Completed On 06/06/2017

06/01/2017

GORDON H.

They actually charged nothing because they owed us a free service because of a problem we had with them previously. It took about an hour for the service to be done. They left everything clean and they were professional.

Description of Work
They did a checkup on our two air handlers and the whole thing.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

04/27/2017

Marcia M.

Perfect service, it's wonderful. I have recommended them. I love them.

Description of Work
Scheduled maintenance

Work Completed On 02/05/2017