Advanced Gas Works

Founded 2001 • With Angi since February 2007

15121 Bald Eagle St

Tampa, FL 33625

Advanced Gas Works is a state certified gas contractor since 1996, specializing in natural and propane gas piping systems, gas appliance installation and repair. We at Advanced Gas Works take pride in producing a top quality job with top of the line products and equipment, at an affordable price. Our technicians are trained qualified professionals who maintain the highest possible safety standards. Servicing our customers is a privilege we take seriously. Advanced Gas Works is a drug-free work place, with random testing IAW DOT Directives. All personnel are required to attend weekly safety meetings to maintain our perfect safety record....

05/08/2019

Paula R.

During the most recent repair needs, he told me he would come out to fix it but never did. Then he never took my call after months of trying to get him to come repair it. I tried numerous other service providers but they all said they don’t work on this heater because it is a throw away heater. He is apparently the only one in the area selling this junk. What a disappointment. It explains why in 4 years, I had to replace the heater. I guess it is good he wouldn’t come out. Otherwise I still might be using him.

Description of Work
I paid for a pool heater not once but two times with Eddie. No one will service the heater he sold me because they say it is a “throw away” heater. Maybe this explains why I had to call him for repairs so often. Now he won’t return my calls after six months of stringing me along. I’m done with this vendor and heater.

Category pool cleaners

02/27/2018

Natalie K.

All fixed and prompt service! Definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Appliance gas connection and water heater connection.

12/15/2017

Alyssa P.

I am so upset by how rude and ridiculous my experience just was with Eddie from Advanced Gas Works. He was referred by the company that installed my gas fireplace and they told me he gave free estimates. I called and told him over the phone that I had changed the batteries in the remote and inside the fireplace, and it was not working. He said to text him my address and he could possibly come out the same day. Around 3:30pm I text to see if he was still going to be able to make it and he said "not today." No attempt for rescheduling. I text him again this morning and asked if he thought he could come today and he said yes. When he arrived he asked again if I changed the batteries and I said yes. Apparently there are 2 sets of batteries in there, 4 AA and 2 D and I only knew about one set. I grabbed the D batteries and he popped them in - he was here for no more than 5 minutes. Then he tells me I owe him $85 for a service call. When I looked at him wide-eyed, he said he would drop it to $65. I said that the fireplace company told me he gave free estimates and he said no, and that he had been burned before since it cost him time and gas to get there. I totally understand that, but he never told me there would be a fee for a service call and I was under the impression that it would be a free estimate. I would have gladly paid him SOMETHING for his time, but even $65 for 5 minutes when I know he was already in my area was unreasonable. As I was writing the check, I told him he should have at least informed me over the phone that there was going to be a service charge before booking the appointment and he kept talking over me, saying that I wanted him to give his services away for free! That is not what I was saying at all, and kept trying to explain that he should at least give a new customer information on his fees when they first contact him. He continued to argue with me, saying that he had been burned so many times. After he was so rude, I handed him the check and said I was sorry but I would not be calling him for service again. He responded: "That's ok, I am completely fine with that." He continued to argue with me the whole way out the door. I am completely in shock at a business owner's lack of regard for customer satisfaction or his reputation! Awful experience!!

Description of Work
Gas Fireplace was not working

12/12/2017

Doug G.

Excellent job. Eddie is skilled in his trade and is an enjoyable man to talk with.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace wasn't staying lit and remote control wasn't working.

10/17/2017

Hank P.

Eddie was awesome. He came out to give me an estimate and see what he could do that day. Unfortunately, I needed to upgrade my TECO meter to a 2lb meter before he could do anything. So I scheduled that and Eddie came out that morning to do his work before TECO arrived. He took the time to explain everything to me and show me what he did and how to turn the valves on and off. He answered all my questions. He did a great job and I would recommend him and hire him again.

Description of Work
I needed some gas connections done on a home we purchased to run gas into the backyard. The previous owners had disconnected the lines for some reason.

Category gas grill repair, fireplaces

04/12/2017

Richard B.

Professionally completed and in a timely manner. Good work.

Description of Work
Reroute a propane gas line.

Category plumbing

11/30/2016

Lisa N.

Never came never called and did not answer the call placed today. I hope this isn't what usually happens.

Description of Work
Needs fireplace check. Set a time today from11-1.

11/21/2016

James D.

Numerous calls and messages left. The owner Eddie does not return phone calls. Take you business elsewhere.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace repair

04/14/2016

Elizabeth T.

Outstanding! I cannot say enough about Mr. Camacho. I had another gas services company here earlier in the week, and declined to have them provide service as I KNEW I was being taken advantage of. That experience will go on THEIR review. Eddie was patient, polite and honest with his service. He called to let me know he was on his way as he was running a bit late, but that was not a factor due to his professionalism. He got my fireplace (which has been dormant for about 8 years) up and running within minutes, and was patient in showing me how to ignite it and turn it off as well as explaining gas safety considerations. For a single woman having had the experience of dealing with a LOT of unscrupulous contractors, I would advise other women out there to hire this one before considering any others. I don't believe this guy would ever take advantage of you due to your lack of knowledge about what you may be dealing with or need to have fixed. THANK YOU, Advanced Gas Systems, for restoring some of my faith in hiring decent people.

Description of Work
Checked out safety of fireplace, hooked up needed connections with new hose and fittings, tested gas flow and igniter, explained proper propane log placement and use of features. Stayed to make sure I knew how to ignite and turn off system; removed old material from my property. Gas safety education.

02/18/2016

Kristi G.

Excellent , Eddie came in and talked with my contractors . They explained where the gas line needed to be moved why and he knew how !! It was done quickly and professionally . I have had Eddie work on numerous gas appliances at my home over at least the last 4-5 years . He's repaired pool heater , gas cooktop , removed and installed new gas fireplace logs , installed new gas water heater. Always comes as soon as he can , as he works entirely by himself and is as quick and efficient . I can't ask for any more of him . I will continue to use him whenever a gas need arises .

Description of Work
Eddie moved any existing gas line in my kitchen to a new location for my new large gas range to be installed

Category plumbing, pool cleaners, water heater repair, fireplaces, gas logs, gas leak repair

12/07/2015

Mary Ann M.

Provider did nothing except to promise we needed "just one more part". We spent over $500 and still nothing. Our house was sold and we needed to get the heater on the pool fixed prior to closing. Eddie stopped returning our calls 2 weeks before closing. He had promised we just needed one more part that would probably take care of the problem. He even promised our buyers the same thing. It was too late to get someone out when he stopped returning our calls and so we had to put $1000 aside in escrow to cover the potential future costs of repair. This guy doesn't even belong on Angie's list at this point except to indicate a F rating. He started work around Oct. 4 and still nothing at closing on Nov. 30.

Description of Work
Pool heater repair-never accomplished.

Category pool cleaners, fireplaces

To Mr and Mrs [Removed Member Name] You are totally correct. The the last part that I perchased for your heater was the new igintor which in fact cost me more the what you paid for the first time. Afer installing the ignitor the heater was still not working. And the honest truth a new control board would have been 200.00 more. I should have told you but at this point i assumed you would have though i was try to con you, that why i didnt call back. But I told you from the beginning that it was not a good idea to repair a gas heater so old and in such poor condition. But you wanted to save money and just getting working. I am sorry i wont make the same mistake again.

11/10/2015

Jennifer W.

In a nutshell, this type of reply (and overall responsiveness) is rude and extremely unprofessional. It is your job to be available and responsive to your customers and potential customers. It is ok to not be able to do a particular job at a particular time, or not be able to meet a customer's needs, but it is your responsibility to set reasonable expectations. You could have done that last week. You could have put us on the schedule last week, BEFORE your Wednesday got so busy. And if you weren't able to do that, you could have replied at 9am yesterday (after you asked "what time?"), instead of waiting until 8pm. We would have had all day yesterday to seek service from another provider. And, finally, it is not your business whether we can "live without a range for 24 hours". Again, rude and unprofessional. I expect there will be an equally rude response to this review, but I'm simply sharing our experience, as I appreciate all other Angie's List members do.

Description of Work
My husband called this company last Monday, 9 days before we need service tomorrow. We are having new granite countertops installed, along with a new sink and gas cooktop, replacing an electric one. We wanted to make an appointment far enough in advance to coordinate having the gas hooked up on the same day, after everything is installed. The contact for the company said that, at that time, he did not know yet how the scheduling would work out for the following week, he needed to check some things and get back to us. No word for the rest of the week. My husband contacted him again yesterday (the next Monday), trying to confirm a time scheduled for Wednesday. The text reply at 9am was "Again at what time?" Immediate reply from my husband: "Anytime in the afternoon after 2:00" No reply for the rest of the day, so just before 5pm my husband reaches out again: "Hi, are you able to work it in?" His reply at 8pm last night: "Wednesday is a busy day for me. It would be better Thursday" My husband:"Ok. It would have helped to know this a little sooner. Now I'm in a bind. I have a new stove and counter coming Wednesday, and reached out early enough to avoid this. Now I need to find someone last minute who will not charge a 24 hr rush fee." His reply at 6:20am today: "I told you that I might not be able. You mean to tell me that you can't live without a range for 24 hours?"

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

As i stated to you before or i guess after you left this long complaint, I am only one person I can only do so much at any giving time. When you first contacted me and i told you as you stated i might not be able. If you were that concerned about have it done at a particular time and day i would have told you as before Thursday would been better. But since your another spoied little person that has to have thing now and my way. You leave a long winded compaint just to get back at contractors. You will NEVER find contractor that can please everyone all of the time. Grow up.

07/31/2015

Elizabeth S.

Eddie was really responsive. He got back to me the next business day to schedule a service date. It took me 2 days to call him back and he was able to fit me into his schedule the next day. I was on a conference call when he arrived. I showed him where the old range should go, and as I had purchased a new gas connector, showed him that as well in case he needed it (he did). Eddie did the job quickly and all seems to work well. As I was a bit distracted, I didn't observe all of his work, but the final outcome is good. I do need to follow up with him on a question, and feel confident he'll answer my question as he was a really nice guy and quite professional. Highly recommend. Service cost $85.

Description of Work
Disconnected our old gas range and connected our new range.

06/03/2015

MARK P.

Eddie did a fantastic job diagnosing and repairing my gas spa heater. He was very professional, conscientious, and went out of his way to quickly take care of the problem. I found him to be friendly and very trustworthy and would not hesitate to give him my highest recommendation. He was also more than fair in the pricing which I very much appreciated.

Description of Work
Repaired my Hayward gas heater

05/30/2015

KEVIN S.

Completely unreliable and no regard for customer's time or well being. They did not show up to their scheduled appointment which we had waited 5 days for. We called them and left voicemails and they never called back. As a result our family and newborn baby went 1.5 weeks without a dryer and unable to do any laundry. I would not recommend trusting your family's needs to this company.

Description of Work
Advanced Gas Works was hired to install a propane conversion kit on a gas dryer. They failed to show up to perform the scheduled work and did not take any phone calls or return our voicemails.

Category fireplaces

your are a lair, and a cry baby.

05/13/2015

Roger N.

Called on Wednesday last week to set up an appointment. Was told that due to the existing backlog, no appointment was available until the following Monday. Agreed to Monday morning at 10 AM and gave all the pertinent information. Monday 10AM came and nobody showed. Called about 30 minutes after the appointment time and the company voice mail said that they were out all week. Left a message reminding them of the previous appointment. Still no contact yet after 3 days. We went with this company because of all the good reviews.

Description of Work
Asked for the gas line in the house to be lowered to accommodate the new gas oven and connect to the oven.

Category plumbing, fireplaces, gas leak repair

hello, first of all if you were to look at my profile you would have noticed i DONT go to apollo beach, second i had a family matter to attend. Its people like you that makes angies list bad. You dont get what you want you get to tell the entire world. You are not the center of the universe.

03/03/2015

RONALD H.

All went perfectly well. Not only was Eddie quoting us the best price from amongst 5 other firms, he also was very professional, punctual and generally helpful. Would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone and will use again for sure in the future.

Description of Work
Install gas lines and meters as well as 4 on-demand hot water heaters for a 4 unit apartment building during complete remodelling and condo conversion.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, fireplaces, gas leak repair

12/02/2014

Barbara C.

He arrived a few minutes early and performed regular maintenance as agreed. Also updated flew with safety valve.

Description of Work
Checked gas fireplace, advised on use.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

10/20/2014

Kyle T.

He is very professional and knowledgeable in his field of work having had his own business now for over 12 years he had mentioned. A+ work and his pricing is excellent as well. I definitely will hire Eddie and Advanced Gas Works to complete any plumbing or gas repairs we have in the future.

Description of Work
Eddie installed our new Takagi TH3 DV NG Tankless water heater and isolation valve kit with pressure relief valve that we purchased online. The install took about 2.5 to 3 hours and he had hooked everything up and removed the old tank for us. We are very pleased with his work to this point installation took place on 10/17/14.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, fireplaces

09/15/2014

Daniel C.

After 15 years our water heater started leaking so I thought is was time to replace it. I called several businesses on Angie's List and he gave me the best estimate. He answered all of my questions without giving me any negative looks. He was fast but efficient. I definitely recommend Advanced Gas Works.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 15 year old water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

08/30/2014

Brendan B.

EXCELLENT. Ordered me a new water heater and installed it -- all less than 24 hours after I called, and Eddie seemed like he was disappointed he hadn't gotten it done SOONER! Just a great, competent, conscientious, efficient outfit. HIGHLY recommended. (Oh, and the water heater works great.)

Description of Work
Replaced my water heater

Category water heater repair, fireplaces

08/24/2014

Michael M.

Excellent service, responsiveness, and attention to detail. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Excellent overall experience

08/18/2014

Melvin F.

His estimate was lower. He did a good job. I'd call him again. I recommend. Only imperfect thing was that he said he'd come in the morning. He was here at 730 AM. We are bartenders. I am yawning. ;) All in all happy with everything.

Description of Work
Ran a gas line to my kitchen and hooked up range.

Category appliance repair, fireplaces, gas logs

06/30/2014

DAVID G.

I bought a gas water heater from Lowes and had Eddie deliver and install it in my garage. He was very professional and even transported the unit vertically at my request. He was very fast and took out my old water heater and installed the new one in about an hour! The price was great too! $200 for instal and $50 for delivery! (Lowes is $79.00 just to deliver).

Description of Work
Removed my old water heater and delivered and installed my new water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, fireplaces

06/12/2014

NORMA C.

Not only was Eddie on time, he was on standby ready to come over as soon as Sears delivered the new stove. He unhooked the old stove, hauled the old stove away and hooked up the new stove. He was professional, efficient and pleasant.

Description of Work
I hired Eddie to install a new gas stove.

Category appliance repair

Precision Overhead Garage Door

You can rely on Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area to provide the type of service you would expect from a locally owned company; while enjoying the security that doing business with a National Franchise company can bring. Each owned & operated as an individual franchise. Our slogan is "We Fix Garage Doors Right"™ and we spend a lot of time defining and redefining what that means to us as a company and what it means to you as a consumer. This singular focus has led us to pioneer the industry standard warranty for garage door repair and a training program for technicians that is second to none in the garage door industry. Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area was opened in 2001 and proudly serves the West Florida. We are a full service garage door company specializing in Garage Door Repair, Replacement Garage Doors and repair of Garage Door Openers. 45 Trucks running days, evenings, weekends, with no extra charge for nights or weekends. Locally owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Precision Garage Door Service, Precision Garage Door, Rapp Operations, LLC, Precision Door, Precision Overhead Door. Additional phone numbers - (727) 556-0066, (727) 573-7968.

Friendly Garage Doors

Friendly is a premier garage door Company based in the Tampa Bay area specializing in repairing and servicing garage doors and openers. With 10 years experience in the field, we are committed to meet or exceed your expectations by providing quality products, professional repairs and a friendly, experienced staff.

Mister Sparky Electric

We give you options for solving your electrical problem & provide you with an exact price on how much it will cost to the penny. Then, upon receiving your approval we will start the work immediately & finish it the same day in most cases. All repairs are guaranteed. If an electrical repair fails during normal use in the three (3) years we will either repair or replace the item at no charge to you. Your complete satisfaction with our electricians & electrical repairs is 100% guaranteed.

Offers by Mister Sparky Electric on Angi
    Installs only
    Check, PayPal
    10.00

Gas piping, gas leak repair, gas appliances installation, Bbq, water heaters, pool heaters, stand-by gen, ranges, fireplaces, home heating. Commercial & residential.