1 Cooling Tampa LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2013

4.4

9420 Lazy Ln B4

Tampa, FL 33614

We are a leading company in the HVAC industry in Tampa Bay, our owners and staff are well versed in all aspects of A/C repair, A/C installations, Indoor Air Quality, Preventive Maintenance and any other need you’re A/C unit requires. All of our technicians are certified and professionally trained for their position. We also run extensive background checks on all of our employees including; criminal and driving records, as well as drug screening. So you can feel comfort in knowing that you are dealing with a competent staff from your first call to the office, to the technician that arrives at your door to perform the work. Our company is family owned and operated with a combined 50 plus years of experience, and we put our name on every job we do. Our goal is to take care of every customer as if they were a member of our family, and provide you with a service that you will want to tell all of your friends and family about with pride and satisfaction. ...

06/29/2016

Sharon S.

Very professional, on time and very thorough. They were friendly, professional and prompt. Great prices and they cleaned up very well.

Description of Work
deliver and install new A/C

03/11/2016

Melinda I.

Overall, the experience was a pleasant one. Booking the appointment ran into a bit of problem, but they compensated by coming out immediately to do the job. Two gentlemen showed up, promptly, and immediately got to work. They check up in the attic where our air handler is, as well as checked out the unit outside. They performed the work that I paid for and went into a thorough, but completely understandable, breakdown of what was going on with our unit. Unfortunately, we were not able to pay for any further work at the time, but their pricing was outstanding and they were extremely forthcoming. I hope to do business with them again soon!

Description of Work
They performed a home air conditioning inspection and sanitized the ducts.

12/28/2015

Todd S.

They recommended a couple of options and provided different levels of costs for a new unit. They were very responsive and very helpful throughout the process.

Description of Work
They found an issue with a component of my air conditioner that required we replace the whole system.

09/24/2015

Philip O.

Meets and goes above my expectations!

Description of Work
Routine maintenance and system tune up.

09/04/2015

Rebecca S.

The technician was on time and seemed very professional. After he came down from checking the evap. coils,blower and ducts,he said there were many leaks and their company would seal them for $65 per vent. He did show me pictures.He also said that the coolant was low but he refused to add any coolant to bring it to the proper level. Although this type of service is to help with cooling costs,I notice in the months after the service that my electric bills were about $20 per mon higher than last year even when I turned my thermostat up a degree from last year. I eventually called another HVAC company that was recommended by my neighbors. That technician said that by all appearances the duct work had been sabotaged by the Cooling Tampa LLC tech. It cost me $570 to have it all repaired. Therefore this $49 deal cost me additional $90 in electric costs and $570 in duct work repairs. I would not trust this company or at least the technician who used an Angie's list deal to come into my home and do damaged to get more work.

Description of Work
Angie's list Deal for HVAC service and tune up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

08/25/2015

adrienne H.

got some great tips on how to extend the life of my machines and some warning signs to look for in the future.

Description of Work
tune up and inspect ac units

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for your review (removed member name). It was our pleasure to have handled your HVAC needs, look forward to seeing you the next time you have any HVAC or appliance needs.Thank You Cooling Tampa LLC

07/26/2015

Katie S.

Fantastic! Tommy and Sean were quick to respond, friendly, professional and prompt. Cannot say enough great things.

Description of Work
AC maintenance and new AC harder install.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You Mr.[member name removed] for your review. It was our pleasure to take care of your HVAC needs and we look forward to a long life HVAC relationship. Thank You Cooling Tampa LLC Brenda Arnao Office Manager

07/23/2015

edward N.

They did a memorable job on the air conditioner system.

Description of Work
Outstanding performance.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to have handled your HVAC needs. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your comfort needs for years to come! Thank You Cooling Tampa LLC

07/22/2015

Peter H.

It went very well. The only problem was with connecting PVC pipes. They were brittle and broke. The installers went to Home Depot to get parts and then installed them.

Description of Work
Rehab water heater - flush, new elements, new thermostats.

06/11/2015

Raymond M.

The tech came to my home on time and was very knowledgeable, he found the issue quickly and my house was cooling down with in minutes. The office staff was very polite and helpful as well

Description of Work
They replaced a part on the out door unit

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review. It let's us know that we took care of you and your A/C concerns and needs. Please contact us for any future Tune & Cleans or repairs. Thank You, Brenda Arnao Office Manager Cooling Tampa LLC

05/07/2015

priscilla H.

I was told the maintenance would take about 1.5-2 hrs and he finished quickly, I just was not that impressed. The guy was professional but it seems as if he was there to try and sell something.

Description of Work
Maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear Customer, First let me say, thank you for the review on your service, it helps us make our company better for the future. I apologize if the service felt rushed, we normally do take between an hour and a half and two hours to complete a maintenance, so I will speak to my tech and find out why he was able to complete your so quickly. I will set you up for a free maintenance in six months to give us another opportunity to show you what a normal maintenance consist of. Once again I thank you for the feed back. Tommy Arnao Service Manager

04/22/2015

Kim Z.

I tried to use them in February and they tired to rip my parents off. I recommended them to my parents unfortunately and my parents needed to replace their ac unit and they came in with an $8000 estimate. I found another estimate for $4000.

Description of Work
I use Cooling Tampa. They do my yearly maintenance. It is their so called free maintenance but when they come they find something wrong but I don’t trust them.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

As always, we at Cooling Tampa appreciate the feedback from our customers, either good or bad. After seeing your review, I went back to research the bid given to your parents as well as talk to the tech that was at your home for the last maintenance, and I believe I see why our price differed so dramatically from the unit your parents actually purchased. The unit we quoted was a higher efficiency model as well as a higher rated brand. I could of found a lesser unit to install for a cheaper price had we been given the opportunity. I am glad that your parents got an A/C installed and are staying cool though. As far as the maintenance goes, our technicians are trained to not only clean and tune your air conditioner, but also to identify issues that could potentially cause your unit to fail or perhaps cause a more expensive part of your system to fail. While a recommended repair by the tech sounds costly, it is in most cases cheaper than the secondary repair needed due to the failure of the recommended initial repair. It is our goal to make sure that all of our customers are treated honestly and fairly, and help make educated and informed decisions regarding their A/C and heating systems. We would not be doing our job properly if we did not inform you of the problems with unit as well as the positive. Thank you, Tommy Arnao Jr. Service Manager P.S. If you would like to discuss this or any issue further, Please feel free to call me at my office. Thanks again.

02/16/2015

Herminio T.

Everything went fine, he called his office and the office verified to only to the tune up because that was what he was sent out to do.

Description of Work
Came out for a tune up and starting writing me up for parts that he said would go out soon and my ac is still working.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear Valued Customer, Let me start by saying thank you for allowing us to come to your home to provide you with a full maintenance on your Air Conditioning unit, as well as taking the time to write a review on Angie's list for us. I see that the service was done about a year before the review was published, and that you weren't completely satisfied with your service. This is an odd time line of events, so I would like to see if there is any way I could possibly get some insight on what was done by my technician or office that we might be able to corrected for the future. I would appreciate it if you could call my office and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with your air conditioning needs. Thank you, Tommy Arnao Jr. Cooling Tampa, LLC. O: 813-971-0563

11/01/2014

WILLIAM T.

My unit broke down about a week after they repaired it, and I thought they just kept trying to up-sell me because they kept asking for more money for more parts. They kept telling me I need a new a/c unit.

Description of Work
They came back out to look at my air conditioner again.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello [Member name removed], On June 25,2014 you gave us an A rating for the service provided. We empathize that cost of a new system can be a high cost in this economy. We ask for you to do some price shopping and get some quotes for the new system that you need. As a company there are times when a repair is not worth the investment due to age of system. We at Cooling Tampa want to make you happy , like all the rest of our customers. Please get some written quotes and we will price match or beat it. Thank You, Cathy Seda Service Manager Cooling Tampa LLC

08/04/2014

Joseph L.

Ok. But technician said not all the items were included as part of the special. I showed him the list and he said it must be wrong but agreed to do the remaining service on a different date. That was a little inconvenient. Tried to sell an add'l $1,000+ worth of work. Not sure if I really need that so I will get a second opinion before I do that.

Description of Work
Annual maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for your review. To address some of your concerns. We noted that that you need to have your evaporator coil cleaned. The technician is correct in saying this was not part of the service offered.As per our agreement with Angie's List we clean the condenser coil not the evaporator coil .An evaporator coil cleaning is a separate service for all HVAC companies. We would agree on price shopping., feel free to do so. We believe we offer competitive pricing and excellent customer service. Cooling Tampa LLC thanks you for your business.

07/23/2014

William B.

The technician made several suggestions for additional system enhancements two of which I had him do. It was also recommended that the filter be replaced, which needed to be done. However I felt the price quoted for the filter, $132.00, was ridiculous since I could get three of them delivered for approx $65.00. Shipping was free and the filters arrived in less than a week. The filters are easy to replace as I have done this in the past. I did agree to a 1 yr. maintenance agreement that gives two service calls. Because of the services I had already paid for the agreement was free, we all like free stuff. I will see how the follow up goes.

Description of Work
Performed all services mentioned, (e.g. cleaned the compressor and one other component, and sprayed disinfectant in the ducts, etc. as well as several others) for the price quoted on Angies List.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You your review [member name removed]. We understand that cost of some filters can be less expensive when you yourself purchase and install them. It is a reasonable point, as per our discussion over the phone we refunded the 132.00 payment.We are happy to have you as part of our Cooling Tampa family and look forward to seeing you in 6 months for your next visit.

07/08/2014

Arnold M.

Service went well and gave us some information about the installation of our new air unit. The installer of our new air unit, failed to tell us about the current duct work does not support the air flow. We are fortunate to have one-half the house to allow the excess flow.

Description of Work
System check point

06/21/2014

paula S.

I had problems with getting the scheduling correct. It took three times to get them out. They did the requested maintenance work.

Description of Work
annual maintenance cleaning and checkup

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You [member name removed],we apologize for the scheduling issues. we have corrected this problem. We are happy to have taken care of your HVAC needs.Cooling Tampa LLC

06/15/2014

Kerry S.

They inspected my current HVAC system (just bought) and determined the units were at end of life and it wasn't prudent to try to service them and risk doing damage to them. They cleaned the ducts on both systems for the price I had paid for 1 full tune-up. It was a good way to give me benefit for the money. They provided a quote to replace the systems but I went with a better offer from a friend. It was hard to tell for sure but their quote felt a bit high.

Description of Work
HVAC system tune-up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name], Thank You for your review. We are pleased that you were able to find a friend to give you a great price. Please feel free to check prices around to other local AC companies. You will see our quote is actually a very competitive price.We also beat any competitor's price by 10%. We look forward to seeing you in the future for your HVAC needs and/or appliances. Thank You Cooling Tampa LLC

05/14/2014

LOUIS D.

every thing went just fine.

Description of Work
fix my ac just like he said ,very happy .

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You [Member Name] we are happy to have been of service. We look forward to taking care of any and all your HVAC/Appliance future needs. Thank You Cooling Tampa LLC Cathy Seda Service Manager

05/12/2014

Willie W.

Two guys came out, one and one of did the work other was supervising. They were honest and on time. He gave a lot of tips on what I can do throughout the year with the AC. They were out about an hour. I would tell a friend and family member that this company was honest and friendly and not pushy.

Description of Work
They did a tune up on the air conditioner.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [member name removed] for your great review. We look forward to our next visit for your appliance and/or HVAC needs.We take much pride in hearing how great our techs are. Thank You Cooling Tampa LLC Cathy Seda Service Manager

04/30/2014

Donna Faye L.

First, John found the reason I was not getting air was that I had installed my new thermastat incorrectly. He corrected that problem In the tuneup he found that it was low on freon and would have to locate and repair the leak before they could add more freon. They applied credit for the cost of the tuneup to the leak check cost. Two leaks were located in the coiles. The coils would have to be replaced. Due to the age of my unit (25 yrs. old) and the cost of replacing the coils, I went with a new unit. They applied credit to the new unit for the cost of the leak check. They also applied mastic to all the vents. All this work took place in the same day. I was very happy and now have a comfortable home again.

Description of Work
I scheduled a tuneup and cleaning (special) for my A/C. Also, I could only get heat, not air.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You [member name removed]it was our absolute pleasure to have resolved all your HVAC needs. We will see in 6 months for your ac check up. We look forward to a lifetime relationship with you and all our wonderful customers. Cooling Tampa LLC Cathy Seda Service Manager

04/29/2014

Ryan S.

WARNING! These guys are crooks. They came out to check my AC system. They determined that there was a leak in the coils. The repaid estimate was $2,700.00 to fix, $550 for just a temporary freon recharge and $5,000 to replace. Boy am I happy I called someone else for a second opinion. The second company came out and said all it needs is freon. My Bill came to $100 even. Its been 3 months and the system is still working great. I never told the second company about the this companies quote. But I did say "are you sure there isn't a leak in the coils?" The tech told me I would have no way to determine that unless he had some sort of special detection device and only after the freon was recharged. Cooling Tampa LLC never filled the freon and I watched them the whole time and they used no special detection devices. I am not one to write bad reviews unless I feel the public needs to know. BEWARE of this company they are out to rip off the unknowing consumer.

Description of Work
Came out to check out a broken AC system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Cooling Tampa LLC would like to respond to this review by [member name removed]. On 4/7/14(not 3 months ago) we went to [member name removed]'s home to check his system since it was not cooling properly. System was low on Freon, a sign of leak since system do not lose charge unless there is a leak. There is not always a need for leak detection search since many times we can see oil spots on coils(sign of leak).A leak can be a small leak(which can hold charge for a period of time) or a large leak which would not hold charge. A leak search is an additional cost service but to validate our claim we will gladly perform this service at no charge. Also we noted a $100.00 for Freon to 2nd company. Was this a licensed contractor? Going rate is $59-101 a pound for Freon. We will gladly return the service charge collected with a copy of other companies invoice. We hope we addressed this review and hope we can validate our findings since other company did not state "there is no leak". Thank You Cathy Seda Cooling Tampa LLC 813-971-0563

04/23/2014

Bryan D.

After having to reschedule a couple of times, we were able to get 1 Cooling to do the work contracted from the Big Deal. They did a fine job, noting several items for consideration of upgrade/repair. They did a fine job.

Description of Work
Clean Furnace/AC and ducts

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member name removed], we apologize for the scheduling issue; issue was resolved(software issue). We are so please to have taken care of your HVAC tune up. We hope to address all HVAC and Appliance needs. Thank You [member name removed]. Cooling Tampa Management Team

04/22/2014

Tom P.

Overall pretty good, but I felt like the service was rushed and maybe not complete. The duct sanitizing usually takes about 20 minutes, but was reduced to about 5 (to avoid the smell of treatment - based on the technicians request). In hind sight, he should have recommended or insisted the full course. After he left I was wondering if the inspection of the AC unit was complete, I don't remember a definitive answer on whether it was adequately charged or not. I did get a complete estimate for our system, upgrades, improvements, etc. The technician seemed to genuinely care, but with family running around, I was a little distracted and he seemed rucsed, leaving me wondering if the service was complete.

Description of Work
Inspect AC unit , air handler, ducts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [removed member name] thank you the opportunity to respond to your concern. We have sent via mail a copy of your invoice with details of our visit to your home. Please be reassured your services where completed. If you have any questions for us feel free to contact us. It's our pleasure to provide excellent service and look forward to seeing next time you have HVAC needs. Thank You Cathy Seda Service Manager