Junk King Tallahassee

Founded 2011 • With Angi since May 2011

4013 Woodville Hwy Unit 3/4

Tallahassee, FL 32305

We offer king-sized junk removal services. Why spend your time doing a dirty, time-consuming job when you can spend that time with your family, enjoying a game or doing other tasks? With Junk King™, our well-trained staff can do the work for you. There is no need for you to drag or carry out boxes

04/14/2019

Laurence E.

All contact was email mediated through San Francisco. Rec'd no direct contact with Vendor. Price quoted was quite high for a single pick-up item. Declined only offer. Got it picked up and hauled away for much less than the quote. Done with looking for this kind of service on A.L.

Description of Work
Small Mobility Scooter hauled off property

06/05/2017

Pamela L.

Arrived on time, fast, efficient, professional. Only down size was cost. Had hoped it to be around $200.

Description of Work
Cleaned out remaining junk from house getting ready for sale

Category hauling services, home & garage organization

05/03/2017

COLLEEN F.

Scheduled to arrive between 11-1, arrived at 1:00. Disgusting item to move from previous tenant, no problem.

Description of Work
Refrigerator and stove removed from apartment with a flight of stairs

04/11/2017

Martha H.

We used Junk King of Tallahassee to remove construction debris from a deck rebuild, mostly long 2x6s. It was not an easy job because the debris was in our backyard, a good distance from our driveway. The two-person crew was especially professional, hard-working and courteous. The entire process from booking on-line to completion was a very pleasant experience and we would not hesitate to use the service again or recommend it highly to others.

Description of Work
Remove construction debris from deck rebuild

03/08/2017

Samuel G.

Booked the appointment via web site late last night, selected the 2:00-4:00pm time slot. Justin called about 2:38pm to say they were dumping out the truck but would soon be on the way. Justin and two other guys arrived about 3:05pm, still within the 2-hour window so not really "late". Showed them the 3 piles of yard waste I wanted picked up and hauled away (one 18x8x3' pile, one 8x7x2', one 6x3x2' -- approximately -- so total of about 580 cubic feet). Justin didn't think they could get all of it in one truck load, but I was pretty sure they could get most of it, so went ahead and approved the job after Justin told me what the cost would be for a full truck. Note: Junk-King charges by volume of the truck needed to haul away your junk. They will charge you in increments of 1/8th of the truck's volume, up to a full truck. I forget the dimensions of their trucks (the bed is 15' long, I guess the width is about 6' and height about 5-6'), they claim their trucks hold about as much as 6 full-size pickup trucks. Anyway, the team of 3 guys were here for about 1.5 hours picking up my yard waste piles and carrying the stuff to the truck. They did indeed get 99% of my yard waste on to the truck, although they had to climb up in the truck a few times and jump up and down on the stuff to compact it to make more room. Note that the pickup is all manual: hands and arms and backs! It would've been nice if they had a couple of those 4-tined I-don't-know-what-you-call-them so I'll say "hay rakes" with them, which would've made picking up the material and carrying it to the truck a bit easier. I didn't insist on them picking up every bit of cut stalk or limb of leaf, but honestly they didn't really leave that much behind. Nothing that I can't rake up in an hour and bag up for regular curb-side pickup. The cost to me was $468 (I got a $30 discount off of the regular full-truck fee of $498 for booking via the web site). That's probably just a bit expensive for 1.5 hours of pickup work by 3 guys and removal of ~600 cubic feet of yard waste, but I am satisfied with the job done because a) I didn't have to play phone tag for days to get someone out to give me an estimate, b) I booked conveniently on-line and they arrived when they were supposed to, c) the guys were pleasant and quick working, and d) I got rid of a bunch of yard waste all at once without it taking months to have a curb-side pile picked up by the county contractor once per week. I might have benefited from getting quotes from one or two of the more "traditional" brush-hauling outfits around here, but my experience with those types of outfits is that you play phone tag with them and then they still don't always show up at the appointed time/date, and I doubt I would've saved more than $100 anyway.

Description of Work
Collection and haul away of yard waste (piles of cuttings including saplings/small trees, branches & limbs, vines, bramble and other assorted weedy brush, a few cut logs less than 6" diameter, etc.)

05/03/2016

Jake B.

Customer service was top notch. Called late in the morning and they were able to come out that afternoon. The workers called about 20 minutes prior to their arrival and were right on time. Very friendly guys, jumped out and got right to work loading the truck after I showed them what I wanted hauled away. There were two old dog houses under our deck that I was worried they wouldn't be able to get because they were covered in vines that had grown up around them. The guys didn't hesitate and cleared the vines first so they could get to the dog houses. While cleaning out other stuff under the deck they noticed the tip of a gutter that was buried in the ground, grabbed a shovel and ended up digging up four ~10 foot gutters that I didn't even know were there. The worker could have easily ignored it or covered with dirt using his foot and I would have never noticed or known it was there, but again, no hesitation on doing the job right. They had everything picked up in about an hour and were on their way. I would highly recommend them to anyone who has old junk they can't (or don't want to) haul away themselves.

Description of Work
Removed 30 years worth of junk from back yard and around outside of home (Large swing set, old propane grill with rusted tank, buckets, gas cans, scrap wood, yard debris, and a lot more)

05/02/2016

Jake B.

04/06/2015

Deborah W.

I called on Friday and they came on Saturday. Having Sat hours is a plus. I told the office it was a heavy 27 inch TV. I think she did not picture it because she quoted me price of $38. Price was $89 but I think it was because it was extremely heavy and they perhaps go by weight. I was given 2 hour window of arrival. The hauler called me before he arrived to say on the way. He arrived right at the beginning of the 2 hours window. I appreciated that. He was very polite, efficient and professional in demeanor. It was worth the money, too because they are committed to green methods of disposal.

Description of Work
Hauled away a Sony televison.(an old model that weighed a lot).

03/27/2015

Kathleen C.

Excellant service. Patrick and William were very patient with me in helping me rescue the few things I wanted to find in my garage after it had become a dumping ground for a relative's junk and trash. They were organized and efficient and a pleasure to work with. Thanks guys! Scheduling was also great. I was able to schedule it online and they were there when I requested.

Description of Work
Cleaned out my garage.

02/26/2015

Judith F.

I have used this provider twice in the past and I will rely on them in the future. The work was dirty, heavy, and had to be hand carried to the truck. They went above and beyond what I requested and removed broken and cut down limbs because they were laying about the yard. The crew was wonderfully patient as I said, "oh one more thing" "can you get that?" and the answer was always "yes," no problem. The estimate I was given was accurate, so there were no surprises at the end. They arrived on time and worked without breaks to get the job done. I will be calling Junk King again and again. They are wonderful and explain everything before they even begin.

Description of Work
Demolished a deck and removed debris; cleared out plywood that was stored under a deck for over 10 years and it was rotted so very difficult to pull out; removed large items from a screened in porch that owner wanted removed; picked up general debris from the yard that had been left after heavy limbs were cut down.

09/22/2014

Michael B.

courteous, professional, accomodating

Description of Work
removed A LOT of building materials & etc.

08/13/2014

Luana L.

Workers did a fabulous job. There was, however, a misunderstanding about the Angie's List coupon that I used primarily due to the language provided by Angie's List on the coupon. Recommend calling company BEFORE purchasing coupon to be sure that there is clear understanding about what the coupon covers. Despite the confusion about the coupon, company went above and beyond the terms of the coupon. More than satisfied.

Description of Work
Hauled away debris from treehouse and large sandbox.

06/16/2014

Patty W.

Patrick and Free came within a day of when I called to schedule a pick-up. They did everything the service advertised that they would do.They were friendly, professional and worked efficiently and effectively. They were on time and finished the job in less than 30 minutes. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Picked up a load of junk

06/09/2014

Connie H.

I had four old mattress sets, an old sleeper sofa and miscellaneous items in a garage that I needed to have removed in another house I own and am selling. They called right before the scheduled time and removed everything. They were very professional and fast. The bill was more than I anticipated only because I underestimated how large the load was. They gave me the price after looking at what needed removing and I accepted it. I would definitely use Junk King again.

Description of Work
Hauling

05/31/2014

Linda L.

I was very impressed by this service. Two men arrived on time and loaded the truck quick. They were very respectful, courteous and dedicated to their job. I will definitely use this service once all my junk accumulates again. Glad I found them on Angie's list. Thank you. Linda

Description of Work
Hauled away old fence sections/weight bench/other exercise equipment, and a bunch of other stuff.

05/27/2014

Clark W.

Very courteous and fast. The items filled only about half of their large 20 CY dump truck and they billed me accordingly. They could have easily tried to trick me for more money but they did not do so. I was very impressed and will use them again.

Description of Work
Hauled away about 50 large plastic bags of heavy waste from major household cleaning.

04/13/2014

MARILYN T.

HE CAME WHEN HE SAID HE WOULD, TOOK AWAY ALL THE THINGS I WANTED GONE (HE WOULD HAVE FILLED HIS TRUCK IF I'D HAD MORE TO GET RID OF), WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND AND I WAS VERY PLEASED.

Description of Work
REMOVED BROKEN TREADMILL AND OTHER UNWANTED ITEMS FROM GARAGE.

03/04/2014

Richard J.

Workman called ahead and arrived on time. He was pleasant and efficient. I showed him where the junk was in the backyard and he hauled it to the truck and loaded it in a timely manner. A job done well.

Description of Work
Junk King removed some leftover building materials, a broken screen door, and other assorted junk.

02/27/2014

Skip F.

Went fine. The workers were polite and quick. I wanted to buy some additional space on the truck for more wood, but the cost was too high. I could only afford to use this company if I have a 50% off coupon.

Description of Work
Hauled away a wood stove and some wood from an old dock.

12/15/2013

Richard D.

Picked up couch & chair & other household items they did a great job. I added a few extra items so it was a little over what I paid for the cupon but I was expecting that and they gladley took the extra items without a fuss.Thanks Junk King

10/18/2013

Diana K.

I let the person taking the appointment know that this was going to be a big job. So, I was surprised to see only one young man show up in the work truck. He was able to call for assistance, which showed up quickly. Still, there were just the two of them. I would have expected a crew of at least three for such a large job. But they worked hard and did the job well. We tipped them each $20.

Description of Work
Hauling away a large amount of yard waste - brush, branches, etc.

09/16/2013

William S.

great, guys were very helpful and friendly

Description of Work
cleared rental after an eviction, provider hauled everything away

Category garbage collection, hauling services, home & garage organization

08/24/2013

James H.

On the whole it went well. The deal I purchased was to remove a certain amount of junk for $30 (normal charge for the price tier designated in the deal was $90). It would have been nice to have a better idea beforehand of how much space the deal actually covered. I don't really remember it being spelled out in the deal, and although they have a graphic of the amount on their website (percentage of the truck filled and price tiers for those percentages), it was still hard to tell. In my case, the deal would cover about the space of a couch (which I didn't know), but I had planned to have more junk than that taken. We agreed for them take the greater volume, and I would pay the difference in price between that tier and my deal. After working out those details, they got to clearing out what I asked them to take. They did it quickly and efficiently, and asked to borrow my vacuum cleaner afterward to clean up the areas. I'd say that if you have a small amount of junk to remove, you might be better off doing it yourself if you can, but if you have a large amount, it might be worth calling these folks to come get it. I would like to have kept my cost to what I originally had paid for the deal, but the work they did was done well.

Description of Work
Removed junk that I had accumulated over time in two rooms in my home.

06/20/2013

Julie H.

The two fellows were professional and competent.

Description of Work
I had an Angie's list coupon for $29, which covered about $80 worth of junk removal. I had the two guys assess some other jub=nk I had ot haul away, and the load of it was $100,. Best $100 I've spent in a while! Thanks for the coupon, Angie's list. I also got a $50 off coupon for a full load from Junk King if I need more junk removed.

01/24/2013

Gus H.

These guys are just the best. Showed up on time and did the job quickly ... I wouldn't use anybody else.

Description of Work
Trash and Junk removal

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal
    Other

APPLIANCE RECYCLING • FURNITURE DISPOSAL GARAGE CLEANOUT • ELECTRONIC RECYCLING YARD WASTE ANYTHING & EVERYTHING!

NO HAZARDOUS WASTE