Giddens Air Conditioning Inc

Florida: General
08/31/2022

5339 Gateway Drive

Tallahassee, FL 32303

SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018,2019 and 2020! We are a residential and light commercial service and replacement company. We also specialize in custom home new construction and light commercial new construction projects. We offer great service and products. With promotions and financing options....

HVAC Companies (50)

08/31/2021

Margo G.

My A.C. decided to quit on a hot August Saturday night (A Florida hazard for sure). I started calling various companies on Sunday morning and leaving messages. Even though I had decided against the extra expense of a weekend service call, I wanted to line up service for as early as possible on Monday. When I called Giddens on Sunday around noon, Jody, the office manager actually answered the phone. She took the time to ask me some questions about my A.C.'s behavior problems, and even suggested a couple of things I might try!! I knew right then that the company had my business. To my surprise she was able to schedule me for noon Monday, and then the technician was able to come 2 hours early, a welcome sight. Bailey was extremely knowledgeable and efficient, and he took the time to answer all my questions in an understandable manner. Additionally, the prices were extremely reasonable, and significantly less than my previous company would have charged. In summary, I cannot say enough good things about them. They offer the perfect mix of very professional service combined with a "down to earth" and very friendly, genuinely caring approach.

Description of Work
Cleaning drain to re-set float switch

Work Completed On 08/23/2021

08/12/2021

Michael F.

This spring a few local HVAC companies visited my house to give me quotes on an admittedly difficult job: addressing two old AC units that fed into a Frankenstein-ed duct work system of old metal duct work and newer flex duct work, all in a very narrow crawl space and all needing significant work. Of the companies who visited, Giddens and specifically Andrew were friendly, communicative, clearly interested in listening to me about what I wanted, super knowledgeable about their trade, and willing to brainstorm with me about solutions. Their eventual quote was reasonable. And their work was top notch, polished, and thorough. I now have two new Carrier AC units, a new furnace, and a well restored and newly insulated duct work system. And despite an unexpected issue with my plumbing that required them to pause the job for about two weeks until it was fixed, they maintained total friendliness, professionalism, concern about my comfort, and respect. They were flexible, reasonable, and never missed a beat, and now my house feels great. I'm incredibly happy with everything. Giddens has my highest recommendation!

Description of Work
Duct work repair and restoration, and HVAC system overhaul/replacement

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

Thank you for your kind review.

09/28/2020

LORETTA M R.

Excellent. Tech Randy worked diligently going up and down from the attic and doing what was necessary to drain the pan. He's answered my questions patiently and explained what I can do to maintain my unit.

Description of Work
A/C pan needed draining

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

07/29/2020

Will T.

Literally the fastest and best service I’ve encountered. I work in healthcare and due to covid it was hard for me to be home during the service call and repair, they worked with me without any difficulty. Would recommend!

Description of Work
Condenser fan motor replaced.

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

Thank you for your review!

06/16/2020

Tim E.

I was very impressed with Giddens Air Conditioning from the get-go. Andrew took the time to come out and inspect the system before providing me a competitive quote. He also shared with me modifications to the system that would make it more efficient. When it came time for the installation, Lee and Lalo really knew what they were doing! I can't imagine the process going any smoother than it did. An added bonus is that Jody, the office manager, provided me the forms necessary for two rebates from the City of Tallahassee. I couldn't have chosen a better company than Giddens and I look forward to many years of comfort from my new system.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner Replacement

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Thank you for your review of our service.

03/28/2020

Joseph S.

The technician was very professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Replaced Lennox AC Fan Motor which is still under warranty.

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Review for Giddens Air Conditioning Inc - 5339 Gateway Drive, Tallahassee, FL - 38467776

Thank you for your review!

03/23/2020

Debbie W.

They did a great job and did everything I asked them to.

Description of Work
annual HVAC maintenance

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed]!

10/10/2019

Terry T.

Such an awesome company. Honesty, fair pricing. Did not try and talk me into something I didn’t need. I’m so grateful for their help. Jody in the office was also wonderful. Thank you so much Giddens.

Description of Work
My AC stopped working. Another company came and I was given wrong information. This company came found the problem and fixed for a very fair price. They also helped my mother with her rental property.

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

06/28/2019

Dave M.

I wanted to share my recent experience with Giddens Air Conditioning Inc of Tallahassee FL. Our 23 year old Rheem unit had been having issues for the past couple of years. Our home warranty company continued to patch and piece the system together during this period. The final straw came when the unit started blowing warm air on my daughter's sweet sixteen birthday party with about 20 guests at the house. The home warranty company offered to replace the compressor in the unit. Unfortunately they wanted to charge approximately $1200 for the refrigerant they would need to refill the unit. Upon hearing of this charge my wife suggested that we look to replace the unit. (This was a wise choice as every company that came out to give an estimate said the problem did not sound like the compressor was bad.) I called Jody at Giddens who was very knowledgeable, helpful and offered great suggestions after listening to what we were looking for. She stated she would have Ben (the owner of Giddens) come out and give us an estimate. Of the four companies that came out, Ben was the only one that really went through our house and engineered the house to give system options and a very accurate estimate. He explained our options, the various products, energy efficiency ratings and what would take place to get the replacement done in great detail. He also offered to put a portable unit in our home until the replacement was done. After reviewing our options we decided to go with Giddens. As Jody stated on the initial contact, they would not be the lowest price and they would not be the most expensive, however the product and the service would be top notch. The main influencing factors to go with Giddens was the time Ben spent engineering our house and explaining the products and options. Another determining factor to use Giddens was that they install Trane systems. In my research most of the opinions stated that Trane was the best product on the market. The installation began in the morning of June 27th . Octavio, Lalo, Enrique and Andrew were extremely friendly, knowledgable, efficient and hard working. The attic work was hot, dirty and took most of the day to replace the air handler, line set, drain lines, sealing duct joints, tying into the existing duct work and maufacturing a new return plenum. The guys divided and conqured the entire system working simultaneously on the air handler, the outdoor unit, replacing the thermostat and sealing the return joints under the house. Ben stopped by toward the end of the job to perform a quality assurance check and to make sure that all of items that were discussed at the time of the estimate were completed. He also had the guys patch a hole in the brick from the old system with mortar to had a more professional finish. From start to finish, all of the employees and owner were extremely professional, thorough, friendly, knowledgeable, courteous, respectful and paid great attention to detail. All of these qualities resulted in a perfect installation, which from what all of the folks that came out to give estimates, will result in a more reliable and efficient system. I cannot say enough good things about the staff at Giddens and extremely pleased with our decision to use Giddens for our system replacement. I will highly recommend Giddens Air Conditioning to everyone that needs heating and air conditioning work and am looking forward to a Trane system that will give us many years of reliable heating and cooling.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning system replacement

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

02/28/2019

Gerrit D.

Giddens' staff was amazing and professional... They replaced the compressor in our older unit. The part was faulty and tripping the breakers. When we told them, they came back out immediately the next day and changed the unit out. They made sure everything was perfect. We obtained several quotes and they were very reasonable. We are happy with the job and would hire them again. Thank you Jody!!

Description of Work
We replaced the compressor.

Work Completed On 02/19/2019

2021 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER! Preventative maintenance agreements and indoor air quality products.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available