Giddens Air Conditioning Inc

Florida: General
08/31/2022

5339 Gateway Drive

Tallahassee, FL 32303

SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018,2019 and 2020! We are a residential and light commercial service and replacement company. We also specialize in custom home new construction and light commercial new construction projects. We offer great service and products. With promotions and financing options....

HVAC Companies (50)

08/31/2021

Margo G.

My A.C. decided to quit on a hot August Saturday night (A Florida hazard for sure). I started calling various companies on Sunday morning and leaving messages. Even though I had decided against the extra expense of a weekend service call, I wanted to line up service for as early as possible on Monday. When I called Giddens on Sunday around noon, Jody, the office manager actually answered the phone. She took the time to ask me some questions about my A.C.'s behavior problems, and even suggested a couple of things I might try!! I knew right then that the company had my business. To my surprise she was able to schedule me for noon Monday, and then the technician was able to come 2 hours early, a welcome sight. Bailey was extremely knowledgeable and efficient, and he took the time to answer all my questions in an understandable manner. Additionally, the prices were extremely reasonable, and significantly less than my previous company would have charged. In summary, I cannot say enough good things about them. They offer the perfect mix of very professional service combined with a "down to earth" and very friendly, genuinely caring approach.

Description of Work
Cleaning drain to re-set float switch

Work Completed On 08/23/2021

08/12/2021

Michael F.

This spring a few local HVAC companies visited my house to give me quotes on an admittedly difficult job: addressing two old AC units that fed into a Frankenstein-ed duct work system of old metal duct work and newer flex duct work, all in a very narrow crawl space and all needing significant work. Of the companies who visited, Giddens and specifically Andrew were friendly, communicative, clearly interested in listening to me about what I wanted, super knowledgeable about their trade, and willing to brainstorm with me about solutions. Their eventual quote was reasonable. And their work was top notch, polished, and thorough. I now have two new Carrier AC units, a new furnace, and a well restored and newly insulated duct work system. And despite an unexpected issue with my plumbing that required them to pause the job for about two weeks until it was fixed, they maintained total friendliness, professionalism, concern about my comfort, and respect. They were flexible, reasonable, and never missed a beat, and now my house feels great. I'm incredibly happy with everything. Giddens has my highest recommendation!

Description of Work
Duct work repair and restoration, and HVAC system overhaul/replacement

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

Thank you for your kind review.

09/28/2020

LORETTA M R.

Excellent. Tech Randy worked diligently going up and down from the attic and doing what was necessary to drain the pan. He's answered my questions patiently and explained what I can do to maintain my unit.

Description of Work
A/C pan needed draining

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

07/29/2020

Will T.

Literally the fastest and best service I’ve encountered. I work in healthcare and due to covid it was hard for me to be home during the service call and repair, they worked with me without any difficulty. Would recommend!

Description of Work
Condenser fan motor replaced.

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

Thank you for your review!

06/16/2020

Tim E.

I was very impressed with Giddens Air Conditioning from the get-go. Andrew took the time to come out and inspect the system before providing me a competitive quote. He also shared with me modifications to the system that would make it more efficient. When it came time for the installation, Lee and Lalo really knew what they were doing! I can't imagine the process going any smoother than it did. An added bonus is that Jody, the office manager, provided me the forms necessary for two rebates from the City of Tallahassee. I couldn't have chosen a better company than Giddens and I look forward to many years of comfort from my new system.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner Replacement

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Thank you for your review of our service.

03/28/2020

Joseph S.

The technician was very professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Replaced Lennox AC Fan Motor which is still under warranty.

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Review for Giddens Air Conditioning Inc - 5339 Gateway Drive, Tallahassee, FL - 38467776

Thank you for your review!

03/23/2020

Debbie W.

They did a great job and did everything I asked them to.

Description of Work
annual HVAC maintenance

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed]!

10/10/2019

Terry T.

Such an awesome company. Honesty, fair pricing. Did not try and talk me into something I didn’t need. I’m so grateful for their help. Jody in the office was also wonderful. Thank you so much Giddens.

Description of Work
My AC stopped working. Another company came and I was given wrong information. This company came found the problem and fixed for a very fair price. They also helped my mother with her rental property.

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

06/28/2019

Dave M.

I wanted to share my recent experience with Giddens Air Conditioning Inc of Tallahassee FL. Our 23 year old Rheem unit had been having issues for the past couple of years. Our home warranty company continued to patch and piece the system together during this period. The final straw came when the unit started blowing warm air on my daughter's sweet sixteen birthday party with about 20 guests at the house. The home warranty company offered to replace the compressor in the unit. Unfortunately they wanted to charge approximately $1200 for the refrigerant they would need to refill the unit. Upon hearing of this charge my wife suggested that we look to replace the unit. (This was a wise choice as every company that came out to give an estimate said the problem did not sound like the compressor was bad.) I called Jody at Giddens who was very knowledgeable, helpful and offered great suggestions after listening to what we were looking for. She stated she would have Ben (the owner of Giddens) come out and give us an estimate. Of the four companies that came out, Ben was the only one that really went through our house and engineered the house to give system options and a very accurate estimate. He explained our options, the various products, energy efficiency ratings and what would take place to get the replacement done in great detail. He also offered to put a portable unit in our home until the replacement was done. After reviewing our options we decided to go with Giddens. As Jody stated on the initial contact, they would not be the lowest price and they would not be the most expensive, however the product and the service would be top notch. The main influencing factors to go with Giddens was the time Ben spent engineering our house and explaining the products and options. Another determining factor to use Giddens was that they install Trane systems. In my research most of the opinions stated that Trane was the best product on the market. The installation began in the morning of June 27th . Octavio, Lalo, Enrique and Andrew were extremely friendly, knowledgable, efficient and hard working. The attic work was hot, dirty and took most of the day to replace the air handler, line set, drain lines, sealing duct joints, tying into the existing duct work and maufacturing a new return plenum. The guys divided and conqured the entire system working simultaneously on the air handler, the outdoor unit, replacing the thermostat and sealing the return joints under the house. Ben stopped by toward the end of the job to perform a quality assurance check and to make sure that all of items that were discussed at the time of the estimate were completed. He also had the guys patch a hole in the brick from the old system with mortar to had a more professional finish. From start to finish, all of the employees and owner were extremely professional, thorough, friendly, knowledgeable, courteous, respectful and paid great attention to detail. All of these qualities resulted in a perfect installation, which from what all of the folks that came out to give estimates, will result in a more reliable and efficient system. I cannot say enough good things about the staff at Giddens and extremely pleased with our decision to use Giddens for our system replacement. I will highly recommend Giddens Air Conditioning to everyone that needs heating and air conditioning work and am looking forward to a Trane system that will give us many years of reliable heating and cooling.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning system replacement

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

02/28/2019

Gerrit D.

Giddens' staff was amazing and professional... They replaced the compressor in our older unit. The part was faulty and tripping the breakers. When we told them, they came back out immediately the next day and changed the unit out. They made sure everything was perfect. We obtained several quotes and they were very reasonable. We are happy with the job and would hire them again. Thank you Jody!!

Description of Work
We replaced the compressor.

Work Completed On 02/19/2019

09/28/2018

Dan P.

I trust Giddens AC for all our heating/air conditioning needs! They are responsive, helpful, knowledgeable, and get the job done right. The team always takes the time to answer my questions, making sure I fully understand what is going on and, most importantly, solves the problem. As a customer, I feel like I'm treated as a friend and that's a company worth keeping in your phone book.

Description of Work
HVAC Repairs

Work Completed On 09/25/2018

06/26/2018

LORETTA M R.

Excellent! Giddens did everything he said he would on the estimate and his crew worked hard and diligently throughout the very hot day. They left no messes, were very polite and professional. They even replaced the vent covers in the whole house. We're very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Installation of (1) Trane 3.5 Ton XL16i Series R410a split heat pump system with Hyperion TAM9 series variable speed air handler with double wall construction and factory epoxy coated evaporator coil, 16.0 SEER, 13.0 EER, 9.0 HSPF with a Honeywell Lyric T6 Wi-Fi series programmable thermostat and ductwork. Removal of old, 1989 A/C heat pump.

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

06/21/2018

James M.

They were very quick to respond and schedule service. When the second unit stopped working their technician fit us in quickly, replaced the capacitor as he had done on the other unit and only charged us for one visit plus labor and parts. Friendly, attentive, and excellent service. Price was fair for work done. Recommend them strongly!

Description of Work
AC was not cooling in upstairs unit. Once problem was determined and fixed, a week later the downstairs unit had a similar problem.

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

04/25/2018

Rose P.

The entire process was great. I had never had the experience of negotiating quotes and making a decision on which company to hire for the job. My initial contact with the office manager convinced me to allow a air conditioning specialist in Giddens to come out and give me another opinion as to wether or not a replacement was really needed. He cam and allowed me to decide wether I wanted to spend $2500 with no guarantees or invest in a replacement. I liked having been made aware of a choice. Thanks to them I now have a new unit that works great.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of my air/heating system

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

03/05/2018

Mary W.

Gidden's was great to work with and gave me a competitive price on replacing my 2 units. They arrived for installation when they said they would. They were very careful about protecting my carpet and left the house like they found it.

Description of Work
Replacement of 2 a/c units

Work Completed On 03/02/2018

10/18/2017

Angela C.

Wonderful! So well I had them do the same for my mom. Giddens is hand's down the best there is!

Description of Work
I had a new Central heat/air unit installed. They also provided maintenance and repairs on my old unit until it died after 15years of use. Always prompt, professional and honest.

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

08/09/2016

James W.

Very well - no complaints. I was really impressed by Mr. Giddens' attention to detail in examining our situation and preparing his proposal. In the end, that was why I chose to go with this company over several other good local companies - and also because the price was excellent and the product (Trane) was highly rated. The work was performed in a timely fashion, and there has been no need to call them back since the job was done (that was in March - I'm writing this review in August).

Description of Work
Replaced aging central AC and hydronic heater with heat pump.

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

11/06/2015

John M.

Ben's and his crew were extremely knowledgeable and professional. They did a great job. I am very pleased with the work they did. I was kept in the loop the whole time and everything was completed to my satisfaction. They also removed the two old systems and cleaned everything up very nicely. I am a very particular individual and I have nothing but good things to say about the job that Giddens AC did for us. I had an energy audit shortly after the installation and the energy auditor remarked that the installation looked great and appeared to be a very professional one.

Description of Work
Ben and his staff replaced our two heat pump systems with one larger zoned system. We chose to move the location of the air handler for convenience and this required a great deal of changes to the duct work.

Work Completed On 10/05/2015

09/01/2015

Arad G.

Everything went well, I called in the morning, in the afternoon a guy came. I was told he'll be here between 1-3pm and truly around 2pm he called to say he's on his way. The entire visit here lasted about 15 minutes. The guy came in, said the drainage was clogged, went to the track to bring a vacuum cleaner, vacuumed it, put a few pan tabs to reduce chances for future clogging and that's it. It all went fine, I just think the price is outrageous. A visit costs $75 and then the repair $50. Really? There was nothing sophisticated here to do, no parts to replace, nothing. The repair should have had gone with the visit's price. I feel like I got rigged.

Description of Work
Cleaned a clog that caused the AC to pour water

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

I am very sorry to hear that you feel you were over charged for our service. I work very hard to employee the very best and to provide the very best service. The very best and the very best service does not come with a cheap price. As you noted in your review you received that service and on a day when our service call load was already booked. We found a way to re-work the calls that had come in before yours and to do it quickly since you had a drain leaking in your ceiling. A total charge of $125.00 for the work we provided was fair, customary and not unusual. Please keep in mind that many overhead costs were incurred in order for us to provide that service level. Those costs are included in our service rate plus a fair and reasonable profit margin as we are a for profit business. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for your business, we appreciate it very much!

08/05/2015

John D.

Adjusted dip switches on Trane system to run in enhanced mode and set the proper cfm so system would dehumidify better. This had not been done by other companies that serviced the system in the past. The correct settings made an immediate difference in the humidity level in the house. Ben, the technician who did the work, also checked the temperature at all the registers and returns. Also checked the thermostats. We've been in this house 43 years, had the current AC's for seven and 17 years respectively and never had such excellent service. The house is much more comfortable and the systems are running at higher efficiency levels than ever before. Mr. Giddens, the owner, and his technician demonstrated the highest level of professionalism, knowledge, punctuality and courtesy. Even took their shoes off when they came in the house! I see where they received the "Best of Tallahassee" in 2014; they deserve to win it again.

Description of Work
Serviced two A/C systems and replaced one flex line.

Work Completed On 08/05/2015

07/15/2015

Deborah W.

I got a response to my Angie's List request immediately. We set up an appointment time for couple of days later. The technician was very professional. He fixed the ducts and was very patient and helpful in answering my questions about my a/c system in general. When I mentioned I was contemplating getting an energy loan from the city for a new system, he informed me that the company would provide an estimate and help me with paperwork for city. I liked that I brought it up rather than him telling me what an old system I had and that I needed a new one.

Description of Work
Inspected and repaired duct work.

Work Completed On 07/15/2015

02/11/2015

Pamela R.

It is fantastic. They were very professional. They knew a lot about the equipment, what I needed them to do and they were able to do it. Price wise it sounds a lot but we got 4 quotes and they were all the around the same price. So they were comparable with the others.

Description of Work
I had Giddens put in a new unit.

Work Completed On 12/17/2014

06/23/2014

Levon T.

A/C malfunctioned and I called another company to repair it . The other company came and replaced the capacitor and left. The next day no air again, called the other company back, they came out "must be a leak" and added Freon. The next day no air, I called that other company back again and technician came out ,checked Freon level same as day before. He then ,according to him preformed a complete check of the system and concluded that the Compressor needed to be replaced as a cost of $1452.00.We asked for a written estimate of repair and one for replacement. After that experience I called Giddens Air Conditioning ,Inc. I spoke with Jody the office manager who I had spoken with the day of the original breakdown and they had a full schedule and were not sure what time they would be able to make that repair ,but would make ever effort to make the repair that day. Well, I wish I had waited. After dealing with that other company Giddens was a welcome relief. I called Jody that Monday morning to schedule an appointment. Jody began apologizing to me for not being able to service us previously. I was told that a technician would be there before noon and Bailey and his assistance arrived around 10:00am. They evaluated the system any diagnosed a bad condenser fan motor. Total repair cost $425.00. I can not express how professional, courteous, knowledgeable and above honest I feel they were. They have earned a customer for life.

Description of Work
Repair A/C unit