MR PRO HOME IMPROVEMENT

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2010

At Mr Pro Home Improvement we offer a wide range of home improvement services such as door and window installs and repairs, siding, soffit and facia, general remodeling and handyman services, tv,speaker, picture mounting, bathroom and kitchen upgrades and remodels and much more....

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

bath upgrade

+18 more images

door installation (248)handyman (60)window replacement (26)siding companies (9)home theater installation (5)garage doors (5)screen repair (4)electrician (4)Patios (2)skylight installation (1)locksmith (1)chimney sweep (4)

11/19/2021

Mike R.

They did a great job. I've been wanting that door changed ever since I bought my home. Looks great and couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Removed old sliding glass door on interior of house and installed barn doors

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 11/08/2021

Review for MR PRO HOME IMPROVEMENT - Servicing around, St. Petersburg, FL - 39548402

10/06/2020

Russell H.

Called and left message and contact info and never heard back

Description of Work
Needed work done on a sky light

Category chimney sweep, skylights

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

06/09/2020

ROBIN A.

Jim did not provide a quote nor state the reason for not following up.

Description of Work
No work performed

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

11/23/2018

Flavio V.

Very well. Work was done on time and budget. Matthew showed flexibility and offered suggestions in addition to professionalism.

Description of Work
Removal of cabinet, wall repair and painting

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 11/23/2018

11/13/2018

Margaret W.

They do not offer this service. They only pressure clean, which I've already done.

Description of Work
driveway stains removed (rust and oil)

Work Completed On 11/08/2018

09/07/2018

Huiwen C.

Jim called me less than three days after I found him on Angie’s list, he did a good job, so we decided to hire him to replace another two doors for us.

Description of Work
Door fixed

04/22/2018

Dennis V.

Came, looked around and measured and never responded after he left. Called him multiple time, messaged... looks like he disappeared. Would not recommend him.

Description of Work
Carpentry/woodworking

04/18/2018

Lori D.

Awful. Mirrors were not level Bathroom lights didn't work after new lights were hung. Did not understand that 60" countertop went with two 30" cabinetrs and 48" countertop went with two 24". Cut 60" countertop to 57" and I had to pay to order a new one.

Description of Work
Replace window, hang door, remove and install new vanity, hang ceiling fans

Category electrician, handyman service, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

11/03/2017

Luis I.

I called Wednesday morning and left a message which wasn't returned. I called again Thursday morning and got a hold of Jim. He committed to coming between 4:00 and 5:00 pm. He didn't show and didn't call. I called him again after 5:00 but he didn't return my call. A big waste of my time.

Description of Work
Needed to fix two french doors, as well as outside light and kitchen grout

Category electrician, handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

11/02/2017

Joseph W. L.

Great results! Jim D'Ambrosio was knowledgeable and did a good job repairing the door.

Description of Work
Side garage door was pulling away from the jamb at the top hinge.

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

10/07/2017

KEITH B.

He came and he did fix the lock like he said. He was going to replace the whole thing. He said he would be back, he never showed up. The work was good, which he did, but he never followed-up. There were no additional fees. Overall, he did the work, he did a good job, but he never followed-up. I'd give him a C. The cost seemed reasonable. His showing up was good, he didn't call me back. While he was here, his professionalism was good.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for garage door maintenance.

Category locksmith, doors

Work Completed On 06/18/2017

09/24/2017

Fran K K.

I live in New York and own a home in Florida which makes getting work done a bit more challenging. Jim was nothing short of amazing in every way. He was quick, reliable, honest, reasonable and did great work. Not a single glitch. How many contractors can you say that about? I am absolutely thrilled to have found him!

Description of Work
Installation of two windows

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 09/24/2017

Review for MR PRO HOME IMPROVEMENT - Servicing around, St. Petersburg, FL - 36343594

09/23/2017

Jennifer J.

Mr. Pro was responsive to my call and showed up when he said for the initial appointment. He installed two new gates for us and panels besides the gates. It took him all day to complete the job. The gate latch does not line up correctly and the doors were completely cut wrong and uneven. They look horrible. Not only was the work poor but he left the old wood piled up beside our house and left a pile of trash at the other side of our house. The water softener install was a nightmare as well. He installed the water softener and connected it to the wrong water line. When he turned it on it flooded our garage which soaked a large roll of carpet we had in our garage that was brand new and water ran into our laundry room within our home. I quickly tried to move the carpet and clean up and did not bother to help clean anything up. He also used the wrong glue to attach the pipes and after he finished the job and left we realized just how badly his install job was. He attached the backwash line to the wrong line so as soon as the water softener went through it's backwash cycle it flooded our garage again so we had to pay a plumber to come out and fix his mistake and clean up yet another mess. The plumber told us it was installed completely wrong so we ended up paying double the amount- the handyman and a plumber to correct his mistake.

Description of Work
We hired Mr. Pro to repair a couple of panels on our fence and install a new gate as well as install a new water softener. We also had several other projects we wanted completed but wanted to see his work first before we hired him for other jobs. Due to his work we chose not to hire him again for any future jobs.

Cost $612.72

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

08/12/2017

WENDON H.

Rather impressive from start to finish. Made certain to obtain business card for future reference.

Description of Work
Time had come to remove and replace the broken and disjointed trim around the entry panel to the attic in the ceiling of the garage. Called Mr Pro Home Improvement in the morning, and spoke with Jim D'Ambrosio who scheduled the repair for that afternoon ---- same day service ! Arrived on time, made appropriate measurements, suggested wider trim pieces would be more secure and appropriate. Quick run to Home Depot for necessary supplies. Old trim removed and replaced within perhaps one hour. And further, also replaced the entry panel itself with thicker and more durable plywood. Finished up by sweeping bits of debris from garage floor.

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 08/11/2017

07/27/2017

RON S.

Never heard back from them after I email them on Tuesday.. this is Thursday.. I even provided my cell number,,, Start from the bottom of the emails and work your way up..

Description of Work
You wrote: OK sounds good, . sorry I am so late getting back. Approx what time., I will also be here tomorrow and Thursday... my address is 5905 Windermere Dr Palm Harbor 34685. Cell is 727-642-**** Tue 9:35am MR PRO HOME IMPROVEMENT wrote: Window Tue 9:35am MR PRO HOME IMPROVEMENT wrote: Yes parts included I can come by today to fix the slider and check the window parts to see what I need to order and come back for that 150 today and 150 when I do the door Tue 5:48am You wrote: If so when can you repair? I am available this week.. but Friday am not until about 3-4 pm.. work on Satrudays at all ? Tue 5:46am You wrote: does this include parts? Mon 10:36am MR PRO HOME IMPROVEMENT wrote: Repair a slider and one window is 300 Mon 9:51am You wrote: I need one sliding glass door roller replaced and adjusted and one window that has a broken slider and doesnt stay up at times. are you available for an estimate? I am not available Friday till later in the afternoon, but will be around most of this week..

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

06/19/2017

ALAN B.

The one time I spoke with him he offered excuses about his cell phone provider I told him if I was running a business I would change my provider in order to protect my reputation and my customers. He offered some excuses but they were not sincere. He's unresponsive, unpredictable and unreliable. BIG MISTAKE

Description of Work
Does not return calls or mailbox full recordings. This is the history of Mr Pro's calls to me. 1. I have staples in my leg can I come next week? Never called back with a follow up appointment. Called him to make a commitment to an apppointment, mailbox full. Called one other time but all I heard was turn signal noise. Called him back and his mailbox was full.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

06/17/2017

Debra R.

Showed up as promised and performed the work professionally. The doors were like brand new and well worth the price.

Description of Work
Installed new rollers on the sliding doors.

Work Completed On 06/17/2017

06/01/2017

Krista O.

Mr. Pro apparently isn't much of a pro when it comes to returning phone calls from potential customers. I called the morning of April 13th and left a detailed message to inquire about getting my front doors repaired. It's now June 1st and I have never received a return phone call. My guess is this is the typical case of a contractor ignoring a small job because it won't make him as much money. I guarantee if I had left a voicemail saying I needed several windows and doors replaced, I would have gotten a call back the same day. Too bad. Had Mr. Pro been responsive on our small job, we likely would have hired him later on to do bigger jobs for us. We'll be going with other companies.

Description of Work
I was hoping to have my front french doors repaired.

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

04/28/2017

Erin M.

Said he'd call back and come out to do job - never called me again even after I reached out two more times. Complete waste of time and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Various home repair jobs

Work Completed On 04/28/2017

04/10/2017

Kathy G.

He was good. He was nice and polite.

Description of Work
He put up some track lighting.

Category electrician

Work Completed On 03/10/2017

03/13/2017

lynda H.

It was fine. It was good. Yes. One came out. The work took half an hour. The responded in an timely fashion.

Description of Work
I had some screens repaired. Window screens.

Category screen repair

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

03/10/2017

Emilia N.

Very well. High quality work at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Wall mounting of two large TVs including placement of cords behind wall.

Work Completed On 03/10/2017