Senica Air Conditioning, Inc.

Founded 1993 • With Angi since February 2011

16640 Shady Hills Road

Spring Hill, FL 34610

Senica Air Conditioning is dedicated to providing the best possible solution for your home or business. You can count on us for a solution that fits your unique needs. Proudly serving Hernando, Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Citrus & Marion counties...

06/28/2020

Ronald H.

Had me up and running in 15 minutes I had a bad capacitor. They got here on a Sunday on one of hottest days of the year. From the time I called until I was up and running less than 1 hour.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We appreciate having you as a customer!

07/17/2019

Kenneth B.

They have been excellent and have been very responsive when we had an urgent need. We would highly recommend them and we will continue to use them as well.

Description of Work
I have been using them for 21 years. They installed an HVAC system and have serviced it. Over the years, they have installed a new one.

12/04/2018

anthony C.

they came first thing in the morning and finished by early afternoon. they were very professional in there work and cleaned up any debris caused by their work. the system has been working superbly since the install in third week of June 2018. no call backs so far and they provided me with a 10 year warranty contract that appears to include labor as well as parts from what I am reading. all this at no additional cost. the contract states on the first page that it costs over 600 dollars paid for by Senica.

Description of Work
new 3/5 ton heat pump and air handler install. also installed new air filter cabinet in return duct.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with your new installation. We sincerely appreciate having you as a customer!

08/27/2018

KAREN B.

I have been satisfied with their service, I have been using them for years.

Description of Work
They come out twice a year and check out the AC

08/22/2018

Michelle H.

Our AC stopped cooling on Friday evening. We called a different HVAC service provider and they sent a tech out who recharged the system with a dye injection, charged us $570, and scheduled a follow up visit a week out. Unfortunately, our recharge didn't last that long, and we were out of coolant again by Monday evening. We recalled the original service provider and the tech returned on Tuesday and confirmed the refrigerant was out. He gave us a quote of $2,340 to replace the offending part. At this point I drew the line and called Senica, who did the initial install of our unit in 2010. The person who took my call immediately looked up our warranty and sent our information to dispatch. The Senica technician, Brian, showed up Tuesday afternoon, took a look at the system, found the likely leak culprit, and recharged our system. He also promised to return first thing the next morning with the replacement part. He showed up promptly as promised the next day, and we didn't owe anything, as it was all covered by the warranty. I'm going to call Senica first from here on!

Description of Work
HVAC refrigerant leak

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. We are happy you are up and cooling (and under warranty)! We appreciate you being a customer!

10/11/2017

Tom G.

What I like is, they come when you need them, they're very responsive, they're prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
One of my units were low on coolant.

09/20/2017

Barry C.

We're under contract, so the cost was zero. It was part of the contract. The workers were very nice. They were very responsive. They have a 24 emergency service. They're even on call during holidays and weekends.

Description of Work
They did a repair. They replaced a part in the air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking time to rate our company. We appreciate having you as a customer! And remember we never charge for overtime or additional for weekends or holidays!

07/29/2017

Harold B.

I have wonderful arrangements with them. I had them put the unit in. They guarantee parts and labor for five years, but if you take an extended warranty, you can get another five years of parts and service. They don't do this on their own, they go through the insurance policy. They will come out anytime night or day. If it's an emergency, they will come at midnight. I just can't say enough for them. They are wonderful, and I have had some bad experiences with heating and air. They are all "A"s. I will certainly use them again in the future. An air conditioner normally lasts 10-12 years, if you get preventative maintenance. Sometimes you will get much more out of them if you do the proper maintenance. These people do the proper maintenance. If and when I ever need another unit, I wouldn't consider anyone else based the way these people have treated me. My neighbor's unit went out and they put in a unit identical to the one I have, and as far as I know, they are happy. Everybody has problems with new units, but they replaced the air handler with problems. I had to wait a day because we live out in the country. The neighbor's are happy with them, and I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
Heating and air conditioning services.

07/10/2017

James E.

I was charged $335 for the freon and the service call - I know R22 is obsolete - I know it's hard to get and expensive - but after researching online the retail pricing for cylinders of R22, I believe that Senica is realizing a 350 to 400% profit on every pound of this freon they sell - phone messages left for Kevin (service mgr) and Mrs. Senica over the next two days were not returned - I wanted to discuss my billing for the freon and also get a quote on a new A/C unit - upon reaching Kevin by phone on the third day, I was told that if I didnt like the prices I was charged I could just take a hike - Senica had no time for me - I had, for the few years, had a Maintenance Contract with Senica and had been a loyal customer - oh yeah, bought a new A/C unit from Craig Krueger's company last week

Description of Work
Service tech put two pounds of R22 freon in my A/C unit -

06/20/2017

THOMAS & ROSEANN A.

We have a service contract with them. We've been using them for two years now. They come out when you call them. They are very thorough and give you the whole detail of what they've done to your system.

Description of Work
They came to perform regular maintenance.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking time to provide a review. We do appreciate having you as a customer!

05/23/2017

Sharon G.

Air Condition ceased to function on Sunday night 5/21/17. Senica installed and has been performing all service related activity on my unit since we purchased the house. I called their emergency number and the answering service took my information and said the on call technician would call shortly. Daniel called about 5 minutes later and I told him the outside unit was making a humming noise but not functioning. He said it was probably the capacitor and said it would be about 20 minutes before he could get there. And the service charge would be 79.95 plus parts, my price, as an existing customer for the best capacitor they carried was $109.00. Daniel arrived within the 20 minute window and set right to work, He had replaced the capacitor in under 10 minutes and rendered a bill of $186. The house began cooling from the 87 degree internal temperature within 20 minutes after the capacitor was replaced. Daniel was knowledgeable, professional and efficient. He had me up and running in no time flat. He explained the parts and labor warranty to me and made sure that I had no further questions or issues before departing.

Description of Work
Replaced capacitor on non-functioning outside unit for the Air Conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We appreciate having you as a customer.

04/12/2017

SHARON D.

It went great. Daniel was very knowledgeable and professional. He walked me thru everything . Showed me the coil both in the inside garage unit and outside unit. His conclusion. ..no replacement needed. Checked pressure and Freon as well as everything else. Extremely efficient. Learned that the air conditioning guys that were out previously( Harrell ) were totally deceptive . They told me I had no freon and insisted I had a leak which was dangerous and needed a new coil. Back to Senica- I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed a second opinion on my unit. The first company that came out told us we needed all sorts of items replaced including a new coil. Total cost . around $2300.00

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking time to post a review and tell us about your experience. We appreciate having you as a customer.

03/23/2017

Walter R.

I have them once a year for maintenance. It is about $80 per unit and there are two units. We have been using them regularly for about 14 years.

Description of Work
We have primarily been dealing with Senica for periodic maintenance on my A/C and heating unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate having you as a customer. Thank you for taking time to post a review.

02/20/2017

Maureen V.

lousy...keep charging for service call and don't fix problem!!!

Description of Work
called for loud noise from a/c - heat outside unit when very cold out...charged $600 for parts and labor and problem is still not fixed....they also came out 2nd time for same problem..another service charge...still not fixed...the only reason I will call them back is to fix same problem under warrantee...

10/27/2016

Jaloma B.

They did that about 15 years ago and it's still running. I just had it put in, they didn't do the ducts and everything. They just hooked it to the old air conditioner that was already there. At the time they were pretty much equal to everybody, but now everybody says they've gone up so high, that's why a lot of people are not using them. I don't use them anymore. They did a very good job. They dropped out pretty much for a while and now they're back, but they're very, very expensive. Their punctuality and their coming, if you have a problem, is excellent. They were very professional, they cleaned up after themselves. They really left everything very clean.

Description of Work
I had a heat pump put in.

10/27/2016

Jaloma B.

Right now, they've gotten so expensive, I'm trying to find another company.

Description of Work
They installed the thermostat.

08/18/2015

dennis K.

called senica air conditioning 8:40 am on monday 8/17/2015. was told twice during phone conversation that someone would be here today, and would call before coming. was even acknowledged through their main office that i had an appointment with their local service people. it is now after noon on tuesday 8/18/2015. not so much as a phone call. i would now not use or recommend them. you can have the best people and prices in the world, if you don't show up it means nothing. have called someone else.

Description of Work
nothing

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are truly sorry for your experience. Yes you did call and schedule a service call. Yes our technician did completely overlook the ticket he had with your information. Once we realized the error, we did have the technician call you directly to apologize. He made a mistake and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

06/30/2015

Ernest L.

tI noticed the house getting gradually hotter on 6/24; the heat pump compressor unit had stopped. I called the company I had been using for years to diagnose the problem. The capacitor was blown, but the technician said there was a lot more damage that would cost several thousand dollars to fix, or I could go with a new system for a little more. I opted for that, and scheduled 6/30 for installation. Senica came out 6/29 to give me a "second opinion"; their tech replaced the capacitor and got the heat pump up and running. The first tech didn't cool the system down; by 6/29 it had cooled down on its own. Not only did it save a lot of money, but it got the house cooler sooner. I hadn't needed to live in a hot house for several days.

Description of Work
Saved me several thousand dollars by making a simple repair, allowing me to cancel the complete system repair I had scheduled with someone else.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that our tech was able to help you and ultimately saved you thousands! Customer feedback is very important to us. Thank you for becoming a customer!

06/28/2015

NANCY D.

We had a 2 ton unit for over 10 years. Lived in the house 25 years and this is always the size we had with prior models. Our living room and dining room always cooled adequately. However, the master bedroom never got as cool and the Florida room added at a later date never seemed to cool down at all. We assumed it was due to a flat roof and air ducts not sufficient when the room was built. To make a long story short, our Seneca salesman explained that our unit was actually too small for our current sized home. He recommended the 2.5 ton unit. Everyone was prompt and courteous. They came out the next day and installed the unit. It took our installer all day, but he was very neat and thorough. We are amazed now that our ENTIRE HOUSE IS COOL. Seneca is a professional outfit and really know what they are doing. Parts are covered for 10 years and yearly check is covered for 5 years. A great deal. Thank you !

Description of Work
Replaced AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience. Customer feedback is very important to us. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with your installation! Thank you for being a customer!

05/25/2015

Shawn K.

Ill make this short, they under sized the system they installed. Im in an 1100 sq ft house and my last 2 utility bills $274 and $297 to keep the house 77 in summer. The unit they replaced was able to do the same but with lower utility bills. I have had 3 other companies tell me i should have got a 3 ton system not 2 ton. They also say the air handler should have been removed from attic. The unit runs non stop from 11 am to 9 pm every day right now. No calculations were done at all. Salesman walked the inside of house looked at old equipment said i needed new system handed me an estimate. Ive also been told it would have only been an added $200 for a 3ton at the time now i have to buy a whole new system for $5,000 to replace a 2 yr old system im still making payments on or eat $300 electric bills all summer.

Description of Work
Installed new HVAC inside and out.

04/01/2015

victor V.

I received a quote to replace a 4 ton air conditioner with a Carrier unit from the service manager, Kevin, at Senica Air. The proposal was done on 3/5/15 for $5503 for the unit and $225 for the extended warranty. After getting 2 additional quotes I decided to go with Senica do to the extended warranty option. Kevin was scheduled to bring the contract to my home on 3/30/15 after 1pm. He never showed up and I called him 3 times on his cell phone and left 2 messages. It wasn't until I called the office the next morning and they reached out to him did I get a call back from Kevin. We then scheduled the contract signing to take place on 4/1/15 at 5:30 pm. At 3:30 pm on 4/1/15, I receive an email from Kevin stating the price of the unit went up $90. At this point I am still going to use Senica until I look at the proposal and notice that the warranty also went up by an additional $75. When I looked at the original proposal from 3/5/15 it states "Proposal valid for 30 from date indicated above". When I mentioned this to Kevin he stated the proposal was given to me in February (it is dated March 5th) and that the proposal is only good if signed. The wording again says that proposal is good for 30 days and work has to be performed 10 days after acceptance. This has the feelings of a "bait and switch" sales technique. In an industry and area that is saturated with A/C companies customer service should set you apart from your competitors. Unfortunately, Senica has separated themselves in the wrong way.

Description of Work
proposal for new 4 ton Carrier unit

10/29/2014

Mary Lynn C.

the a/c system stopped working the night before because we have a 10 year ext maintenance agreement we called the 24 hr phone number that night and service tech returned call right away and repairs were completed early the next morning. also have a twice a year contract to check equipment and change filter.

Description of Work
fixed a/c system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience. Customer feedback is very important to us. Thank you for being a customer!

09/22/2014

Carol H.

It went great! They did the work that was required and actually saved us money by pointing out that a warranty existed that we were unaware of! The SENICA Air Conditioning firm that came out here is actually located in Spring Hill.

Description of Work
Replaced capacitor.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience. We love hearing from happy customers! Thank you for being a customer!

09/20/2014

Anthony L.

Will always us Seneca, they are an excellent Company and reasonable.

Description of Work
Serviced Air Conditioner installed by Seneca 1 year earlier.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for taking time to let us know about your maintenance experience. We love hearing from happy customers! Thank you for being a customer!

09/08/2014

Ron S.

This company did an excellent job from proposal through installation. Our sale rep was Gregg and he was very good at explaining all of the options we had and what we needed to know to make the right decision.

Description of Work
Complete A/C replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for taking time to let us know about your experience with Greg and your installation. We love hearing from happy customers! Thank you for being a customer!

Mister Sparky Electric

We give you options for solving your electrical problem & provide you with an exact price on how much it will cost to the penny. Then, upon receiving your approval we will start the work immediately & finish it the same day in most cases. All repairs are guaranteed. If an electrical repair fails during normal use in the three (3) years we will either repair or replace the item at no charge to you. Your complete satisfaction with our electricians & electrical repairs is 100% guaranteed.

Offers by Mister Sparky Electric on Angi
    Duct Depot

Duct Depot LLC has more than 14 years experience of providing Florida with professional air duct, H-VAC, and dryer duct cleaning, along with many other services to help keep your air quality clean as can be to help the health of you, your family, and anyone who visits your property. We provide cleaning services to residential and commercial customers alike, so contact us today to service your home or business office.

Offers by Duct Depot on Angi
    JohnSmith PLUMBING

From remodeling your bathroom to unclogging your drain lines, JohnSmith Plumbing Inc. does it all. You can rest assured that your local plumber has the experience and equipment needed to tackle all kinds of plumbing projects. Once you let us know what you need, we'll form a plan to solve your plumbing issues and help you run a safer, more efficient home.

Yes - Ask for details
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Any questions at any time about your HVAC system call us dont just take the word of a technician or company that's there call us we will tell you if it's real or a scam.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Senica Air Conditioning, Inc.

How is Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. overall rated?

Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. open?

Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. provide

Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Does Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Senica Air Conditioning, Inc.?

Yes, Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. offer?

Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. offers the following services: Air Conditioning Repair Service, Air Conditioning Contractor, Air Conditioning Sales, HVAC Contractor, & Furnace Repair Service

Are there any services Senica Air Conditioning, Inc. does not offer?