Allen Masonry & General Contractor

Founded 2011 • With Angi since January 2013

3.6

P.O. Box 156

Seffner, FL 33583

We are a full service General Contractor serving the Tampa Bay area.

06/02/2017

Michael H.

Ultimately no work was performed.

Description of Work
Allen Masonry & General Contractor is certainly the least professional contractor I've dealt with. Stood us up multiple times including the day our work was supposed to be performed. Missed the appointment for the evaluation because was "caught in traffic", ended up not showing up at all. Ultimately we agreed on a price using photos and scheduled an official time to do the work. They didn't show up for that either with no explanation. We wasted a Saturday waiting. Days later he emailed one of his fellows was out sick and wanted to reschedule. We then asked when the work could be done again - no response. Bottom line this is the most unprofessional, unreliable group you could possibly try to hire for any job. Look elsewhere.

Category contractors, concrete repair, remodeling, home builders

Unfortunately we have been very busy, and short on staff at this time. Someone from our office should've reached out to Mr. [Member Name Removed] to reschedule the appointment. I do apologize for the miscommunication and we will reach out to the client to see if we can offer some type of discount, and if he would like us to come out at this point.

01/23/2017

Wendy W.

I contacted Steven on Friday afternoon (1/20/17) and he immediately answered my call. I explained our situation and he seemed very friendly and professional. I was pleasantly surprised when he scheduled a meeting for Monday morning (today 1/23/17) to come take a look and offer a quote. Steven scheduled the appointment at 9am, and at 9:45am he had not yet arrived and I had not received any communication from him. I texted him to make sure that I had the appointment time correct, and he said that his previous appointment had run late. I know this sort of thing happens, so we rescheduled for this afternoon (same day) at 1pm. Now it is after 5pm - Steven again did not show up for the appointment or reach out to touch base in any way. I can't speak for his work, but I'm very disappointed to have been stood up twice in one day. That is unacceptable in my book!

Description of Work
We have a two-story home with defective stucco (severe cracking) on the second story front and back, as well as two gables and the footplate at the front door. The home also needs to be fully repainted on the exterior.

Category remodeling, stucco

11/22/2016

Bonnie P.

When I originally spoke with Steve he reassured me he could replaced the blocks and come very close to matching the exterior stucco. He said he would charge $300 to $400. I told him the space was less than 2x2 feet and the most I would pay is $300, he said fine. Steve called the day we set for the repair for to say he was sending his foreman instead of coming his self. The person he sent was very nice and professional. His quality of work was not satisfactory. Two blocks where install the correct way and the 3rd was broken in two parts and installed vertically. He then covered all the new block with motar, looking like one big patch job instead of like it was originally installed. He also left a large hump of concrete in one corner. The exterior is worst. Looks like someone through a bunch of concrete on the exterior wall and walked away. The exterior is worse. It looks like someone trough a large amount of cement on the wall and just walked away. A large portion is sunken in. I went to Home Deport and paid $35.00 for new block, motar and stucco and will do it myself which I should have done in the first place. I wasn't there when he finished or he wouldn't have been paid.

Description of Work
Replace 3 concrete blocks in garage wall plus stucco the exterior 2 feet by 2 feet opening where the previously owner had removed to install an a/c.

Category remodeling

05/03/2016

Bob M.

He was punctual, clean, and professional. The work was excellent especially the concrete work. His crew matched an existing stucco without any flaws and it is impossible to tell the old from the new. The work included framing, drywall, and crown molding,

Description of Work
Built an office, laundry room, and storage room.

Category contractors, concrete repair, drywall, remodeling, home builders, woodworking, stucco

04/29/2016

J H.

Steve is incredibly innovative and creative. The basic job was our idea, but Steve made suggestions that added minimally to the overall cost, but made the finished job look SO much better. He encountered problems along the way due to our desire for certain materials, and improper documentation by our architect, but he worked around it and got the job done. Overall superior workmanship and professionalism. I'm pretty much a know it all, yet he worked with me not only to get the job done, and also to teach me a thing or ten about construction. His cost is what you would expect above the cheapest guy you can find. But given his attention to detail, worth every dime. I already have him giving me an estimate on other work on our house. Would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Removed a lanai window, replaced with reinforced partial standard and glass block. Stucco finish and decorative stucco border to match existing house scheme. Breached ceiling and roof for a grill vent.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, stucco, glass block

H Calix Stucco Design & Paint, LLC.

2022 Super Service Award

1 NJ Paving

We install concrete/asphalt/paver driveways or lanes roads we take pride in our work only using the best material and products our reviews and testimonials speak for themselves owner always on-site call today for free quotes.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by 1 NJ Paving on Angi
    The Outdoor Kitchen Company by Deco Pavers

Outdoor Kitchens that Bring Life to Your Backyard We create your outdoor living dreams. You dream it, we make it. We are your total outdoor living and remodeling solution provider. Whether you’re looking to remodel your backyard for some kitchen fun, do a complete pool remodel or your outdoor escape, we bring your dreams to life. Outdoor Kitchen Company handles all types of outdoor leisure's to complete backyard renovations. Our process is transparent, so you get the design you want, within budget, and on time. 22 years of experience 0% installment plan 1,100+ completed projects 2 offices in Florida. Please visit our showroom at: 2736 Land of Lakes Blvd Land O Lakes, FL 34639 813-283-0303

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Our services range from the residential to commercial market. We are a Licensed, Bonded and Insured, State Certified General Contractor. The scope of work the Company offers are unlimited. We specialize in Masonry, stone, tile, and concrete. We perform new construction on residential homes and commercial buildings. We also do full remodels.